Supernatural

Behind The Facade [Indefinite Hiatus]

Lu Han finally caught hold of Baekhyun and he dragged him to an isolated area.

“Lu, did you see that girl? She looks so much like…”

“Baek, she’s not Ra Ae. You know that.” Lu Han coldly interrupted.

There was only so far one can try and run away from the truth. Baekhyun knows that. They had seen Ra Ae dying in front of their eyes. But he is delusional. He wanted to believe that at the very least Hae Ri was the reincarnation of Ra Ae so that he could make up for his mistake. This time, he will be able to protect her.

 


 

After the luncheon, the guests went out to the large garden for the entertainment. For some unknown reason, Hae Ri had lost sight of her target for awhile. However, as she looked about the garden, she spotted Baekhyun standing not too far away from her. This time, he caught her glance and gave her a little wink. Hae Ri felt insulted.

“No one gets away from me unnoticed,” she growled silently.

The stage was formed by two old and large banyan trees at the side, with some branches growing parallel to the ground, forming an elevated platform. The hanging roots of the trees were so dense that they served as curtains for the performer that was standing in the middle of the ‘stage’, partially hidden. She posed gracefully, capturing everyone’s attention. When the music started to play, she started dancing, waving her body in a mystical manner. The hanging roots started to sway rhythmically with the music, creating an enchanting scene. After a few moments, the roots started to part from the middle, giving a clear view of the performer. A vine extended from one of the trees and headed towards the performer. She played with the vine, her hand gestures, controlling the motion of the vine. She motioned the vine to wrap around her waist and the vine lifted her up into the air. She spread her arms out and started singing words of appreciation towards Mother Nature. The audience started clapping.

Such performances were very popular in the era because they were not only visually pleasing, they had spiritual and health benefits as well. Hae Ri felt the pulse of energy emanating towards the audience from the Banyan trees. Her body relaxed as the wave of energy pulsated through her body. Everybody was exchanging energies with the tree as well as with each other. This was only possible when a person with especially strong affinity with Nature conducts a special ritual. Chanyeol had always joked that Hae Ri could have become a performer instead of a secret agent. As Hae Ri felt the comforting warmth resonating in her spiritual core, a sudden cold shiver ran down her spine. With her strong affinity with Nature, she was very sensitive to energies. There was something strange about the energy that was being exchanged. She could feel the purity of the energy from the Banyan trees but the energy that was being exchanged within the people felt like it was slightly tainted. Something felt off. Hae Ri let her thoughts wander to the books she had read from the forbidden library.

There was a part of the NSA headquarters that was kept restricted. Appa had always warned her and Chanyeol to never wander into those parts. One day, in her younger days, she was playing with Chanyeol in an area around the restricted parts. They had chanced upon an unnatural cave in the forest and decided to explore it. The cave had turned out to be a tunnel. The end of the tunnel was a wooden door with weird symbols. Hae Ri could not open the door but when Chanyeol had laid his hands on the door, it opened by itself. The place was full of old and dusty books. They had found books on magic, supplementing their knowledge and skills from the limited lessons given in the NSA academy. They had also found some books about supernatural creatures that had once graced the Earth. Hae Ri had read that every living being is connected to Mother Nature but the energies that these creatures possess are vastly different from human beings.

Hae Ri had always wondered if there were any supernatural creatures living among humans. The prospect had always excited her and today was the first time her deduction had proven to be correct.

 


 

Hae Ri stood in the corner of Baekhyun’s room, observing him. She had casted a spell to make herself invisible and to erase her presence. It was night time and the Conference had ended for the day. She kept her eagle eyes on Baekhyun who was going through some paper work at his work table. She could not forgive herself for losing sight of him earlier in the day. Nothing had been suspicious about him so far. He was performing the role of a host the entire day and when the guests had retreated back to their rooms, he had simply gone back to his room to finish up some work. But Hae Ri was not anxious. She was expecting that this mission will not be easy. She remained patient, observing his every move, even standing beside him to read the documents that were on his desk. Nothing was off about those either.

A bright light suddenly flashed, crippling her sight for a microsecond. Baekhyun was gone.

 


Thank you hae4eva for the subscribe :D

Just let my brother read this fic and he felt that the style was too targetted for girls :x

Apparently guys don't really like the 'too descriptive about feelings' part haha