Captured

Behind The Facade [Indefinite Hiatus]

The soldiers and civilians gasped. They have no idea what just happened. They turned around and stared at Hae Ri and the gang.

“MONSTERS!” the soldiers yelled and they aimed their guns at the 5 of them.

The bullets bounced off the light shield that Baekhyun had created around the group and the soldiers were even more agitated. They continued to fire at them, determined to break through the shield.

“Stop it!” Hae Ri shouted.

The soldiers did not stop. The deadly bullets continued to strike the shield and the shield started to shiver. Some parts of the shield cracked. Baekhyun could not keep it up anymore. Lu Han tightened his fist, he was left with no choice. He stretched out his palm and moved the guns out of the soldiers’ grips. He closed his palm and crushed the guns just as Baekhyun’s shield shattered around them. The soldiers were shocked. Some of them took out their daggers, with blades of pure silver, and held them at the necks of the good vampires.

“One more move and we’ll get rid of them,” a soldier, who seemed to be the team leader, threatened.

“We have no intention to fight,” Lu Han replied coldly.

He held up both his arms to emphasise his point and the rest of the group followed. The team leader did not look convinced and he was about to express his disbelief when he was interrupted,

“I think there must be some misunderstanding here.”

A civilian stepped forward and explained.

“They,” he gestured to the good vampires.

“pose no threat to us. We would have died if not for them.”

The soldiers looked sceptical.

“Hey man, I’m just following orders. All vampires have to be annihilated. They are of the same kind, how do we know who are good and who are the bad ones?” the team leader replied.

“Our village chief is speaking the truth!”

“They are good guys! We were neighbours with them!”

The civilians started to speak in favour of the good vampires and the latter smiled gratefully back at them.

“Then what about those guys?” the team leader asked, pointing at Hae Ri and the gang.

“They saved us from your guns. We are indebted to them,” one of the good vampires spoke up with a gruff voice.

“They crushed our guns as if they were ants, they are monsters…” one of the soldiers mumbled softly but it was audible to everyone.

Silence ensued.

The team leader frowned. The people were on the vampires’ side and there was no way he could carry out his orders. The people’s sincerity won him over. There may be some truth in their views. There may be good vampires after all but he was in no position to make any decisions. He was just a team leader.

“Not all vampires are bad and we can prove it to you. Take us,” Lu Han said as he stretched out both his hands towards the soldiers.

The rest of his group looked at him in shock. They had a mission to accomplish and time is precious. Lu Han turned to his travel-mates and gave them a firm nod. They conceded upon recognizing the determination in his eyes. Sometimes, small things have to be settled before one can achieve greater things. Now, it was important for the military to believe that there are good vampires so that innocent lives can be saved. They trusted Lu Han’s decision.

The team leader sighed.

“Let’s just bring all the vampires back to the shelter,” he ordered.

“The civilians,” he nodded at the humans.

“All of you have to evacuate to the shelter as well.”

The chief nodded though he still believed that his people will be safer in the forest. The soldiers locked the vampires’ hands together with handcuffs. Chanyeol was handcuffed as well because the soldiers could not discern that he was a human. The vampires almost chuckled upon seeing the flimsy thing. They could break the handcuffs into half easily. The soldiers led the way and everyone followed.

“I am Jae Suk,” the chief introduced himself while walking alongside Hae Ri and the gang.

“I am sorry you guys have to get involved but I’m also grateful for your intervention. I believe that you are good guys. If there is anything that I can help you all with, please feel free to let me know,” he finished before the soldiers shooed him away. The soldiers had formed a circle around the vampires and the civilians were supposed to stay away from these dangerous beings. Hae Ri and the gang nodded courteously at Jae Suk before he went to the back. The soldiers pushed everyone forward, forbidding any conversation. They were treated like criminals who have been convicted.

They were led through a dense forest. Everywhere was just trees. The path they were taking was confusing. The trees all looked the same and there was no telling where they were going. Baekhyun suddenly stopped. Hae Ri, who was behind, almost walked into him and she sent him a telepathy,

“Baekhyun?”

He did not budge. One of the soldiers kicked him and forced him to keep on moving. Baekhyun’s knees buckled from the kick and he snapped out of whatever it was and trudged on.

Eventually, they arrived at the shelter.  It was a manmade cave. The entrance of the cave was made of a greyish substance. The liquid substance seemed to swivel around and there were various shades of grey and silver. The humans were first led into the cave. When they walked through the entrance, the substance functioned like a mould, forming the shape of their figure and features as they walked past. It was an identity recorder. The mould recorded their shapes when they walked across and peeled open to let them pass into the shelter. Only humans gained access.

A man with beady eyes and a scowl on his face emerged from the cave and he walked towards the group.

“Captain!” the soldiers saluted.

“So these are the vampires…I am Park Myung Soo, captain of the Hong Seong team,” he introduced himself loudly with a straight face.

He noticed the handcuffs on the vampires and sneered.

“Why are we still using such old things? Give them that,” Myung Soo commanded.

The soldiers that were standing guard at the entrance approached the vampires. They took out syringes and injected the vampires with a unknown substance.

“What is this?” Chanyeol asked.

“Silver,” Myung Soo replied nonchalantly.

The vampires gaped at him. Silver is lethal. Did he just try to kill them?

“Relax,” Myung Soo growled.

“The dose is not sufficient to kill you things yet. Vampires have natural healing abilities and the silver will be broken down in 3 days. However in the meantime, if you feed or exert yourself, the increase in your blood flow may cause the silver to take effect and poison you,” he explained with a sadistic smile on his face.

Hae Ri felt shivers down her spine.

“If we survive these 3 days, can we have your word that only savages like the Bloodsuckers will be killed? Good vampires stay alive,” Lu Han requested firmly.

Myung Soo eyed Lu Han for a few moments and replied,

“Maybe.”

 


 

They were thrown into a dungeon-like place and locked in. They were treated like villains. The captain’s answer was testament to the fact that the soldiers have no intention to discern between the good and bad vampires in the first place.

“Well, at least it was worth trying,” Chanyeol said aloud and patted Lu Han’s shoulders reassuringly to ease the depressing atmosphere.

“You guy are…royals right?” the good vampire with the masculine voice asked.

Hae Ri, Lu Han and Baekhyun turned towards him and nodded.

“Wow…it’s an honour to meet you all. I apologize for getting your highnesses involved in our measly matters…Now that the Bloodsuckers are released, you have an important task ahead of you...I am Yongguk and this is Zelo and Jongup,” he introduced, while gesturing to the two men beside him.

“How can you tell that we are royals?” Baekhyun questioned.

“Hyung has a keen sense of smell,” the pale and tall boy Zelo replied.

“There is something slightly different with your scents, something rich and fragrant,” Yongguk explained.

“But your scent is different from theirs,” Yongguk continued, turning to Hae Ri.

“You are a half human…Ra Ae’s daughter?!” he asked, sounding shocked.

“The both of you share the same scent,” he finished.

Hae Ri nodded. Yongguk was amazed. Their only princess was executed but her daughter was finally back with the vampires. The royal families were united again. Memories of the war that was never started 18 years ago floated back into his mind. He was thankful for Ra Ae’s sacrifice because if she had not died, the majority of the vampires would not have gotten their wish to coexist with the humans, even though it was obviously not her intention to be executed. They all knew that she had found true love in a human.

“And you are the human Keeper,” Yongguk gestured towards Chanyeol who gave him a small grin.

Yongguk turned his attention to Lay and took a deep sniff. His eyes widened.

“You possess very strong powers, there is something special about your scent,” he spoke directly at Lay.

Lay gave him a quizzical look. He was just an ordinary vampire but it was always nice to have someone say that you are special.

“Amazing, what else can you tell?” Baekhyun asked, intrigued.

Yongguk suddenly grimaced as if he had smelt something bad,

“All of you have been feeding on animal blood, yucks,” he commented.

The group burst out laughing. It was true. They had run out of packet blood and to boost their energies they had resorted to feeding on wild animals. It was disgusting but better than nothing.

“Excuse me,” Jongup said softly.

Everyone turned their attentions to him and he looked a little embarrassed.

“I thought that Ra Ae’s baby was to be executed? How is it possible that you are still here?” he gestured towards Hae Ri.

Hae Ri tensed up. This was a fact that she was not told but it was not surprising that she was supposed to die. Chanyeol wanted to shut Jongup up. This was not something that Hae Ri should know. This would evoke memories of too many things that she should not be reminded of.

Hae Ri slowly eased up and she flashed Jongup a small smile.

“Many things happened and I grew up not knowing I was a half vampire…Would you like to hear my story?” she offered gently and Jongup nodded.

Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Lu Han and Lay inwardly heaved a sigh of relief. Hae Ri had come a long way. Circumstances do shape people and the Hae Ri they know now is a lot stronger. Not only has she accepted who she is, she has acknowledged it.

 


 

It was soon nightfall and Chanyeol slept soundly. The rest of the vampires caught some sleep as well. The silver in their bloodstream made them feel tired and they settled themselves as comfortably as they could in the dungeon.

But one of them was missing.

 


 

The forest was completely dark. Everywhere was pitch black apart from the little light coming from the moon hanging in the sky. A figure stood panting before a tree. He did not know how he had gotten there. He did not know what he was doing. He could not even remember who he was. The only thing he was conscious of was the melodious voice that was beckoning him to come closer…and here he was. 

 


YEHET! 2 new subscribers :D Thank you GraceHlui and -hypnotized xD

I'm really really thankful to all the readers that are supporting this fic! It always motivates me when I'm writing when I think about the people who will be reading when I update the chapters :')

Anywayyy there will be a flood of updates for the upcoming week because I will be employed from next week onwards till the end of February or perhaps mid March :x haha, I managed to get an internship with the police so I'll be pretty busy! :x Though I'll still try and update!!! 

How do you find the things that are progressing so far in the fic? :D Some comments will be nice~ <3