The Order

Behind The Facade [Indefinite Hiatus]

Baekhyun was amused. He had no idea why Hae Ri was in his room, observing him but he played along and acted normal, pretending that he did not know anything.

“She is smart, but not smart enough,” he mused.

The spell would have fooled any human, but too bad he was not one. He could still smell her. Blood smelt sweet and tempting. By just that, he could have figured out there was someone in his room. Every human had their own distinct scent. Hae Ri had the scent of a fresh new morning, after a rainy night before, combined with the aromatic smell of blood from a young woman. However, the scent of her blood was not as strong as most people. Baekhyun suspected that she has some health complications. But the subtlety of the scent of her blood just makes it all the more alluring. In his younger days, it would have taken Baekhyun a lot of self control to not bite her. But it had been numerous years since he had last fed and he would not have wanted to scare her off. He liked having her near him. Just by breathing in her scent kept his mind fresh as he read through the documents in front of him. Regardless, he had to distract her so that he could leave to get a daily drink of packet blood. He has to keep his identity hidden.

 


 

Lu Han thought that it was strange that the son of Park Yoon Hwan was in his room last night, silently observing him. Once Chanyeol’s scent was gone, he had marched straight up to Mr and Mrs Park’s hotel room to interrogate them. Mr Park had opened the door with a knowing look.

“Come in,” Mr Park had simply said.

Lu Han entered the suite and sat on an armchair. Mr Park, followed by Mrs Park, sat opposite him on a sofa.

“So… your son was observing me the whole of last night in my room. I presume that he doesn’t know what he is yet?” Lu Han questioned.

The Park couple nodded their heads gravely.

“So…what the hell is going on?” Lu Han bursted out, losing his cool.

“The two of us are bounded by an Order. There is nothing we can tell you,” Mr Park said diplomatically.

Lu Han’s eyes widened.

“An Order? Why would anyone from the elder council cast that on you?” Lu Han demanded.

“Lu Han, listen,” Mrs Park said urgently.

“A war is about to happen.”

“War?” Lu Han asked, shocked.

“Between your kind and my kind,” she croaked before she fell into slumber. Her body slumped against her husband.

“We are bounded by an Order, even if we wanted to, there is nothing we can tell you without the Order stopping us first,” Mr Park explained coolly.

“But the both of you are Keepers! You can’t possibly let a war happen! There is no way there will be a war anyway,” Lu Han reasoned.

“Trust me, there will be. The humans are prepared and…Ra Ae’s daughter is back,” Mr Park stated, fighting back the urge to sleep.

“Lu Han, promise me you will be patient and keep this to yourself. All in good time, Lu Han, all in good time,” Mr Park muttered before he too fell asleep.

After breakfast, when everyone was gathered in the auditorium, Lu Han looked towards the Park couple. He had just spoken to them and they had no recollection of his visiting their hotel room.

“This Order thing is no joke…” he thought.

He glanced at Hae Ri and was once again shocked by her resemblance to Ra Ae. There was no need to tell Baekhyun what he had found out. If there was proof that Hae Ri was indeed related to Ra Ae, his friend would only attempt to get rid of his guilt by taking responsibility for the wrong that had nothing to do with him. It would be unnecessary pain and Lu Han would not allow it.

 


 

A few days have passed. All Hae Ri and Chanyeol have noted were mysterious disappearances of Baekhyun and Lu Han at night. For the second night they were more prepared for the sudden disappearance but they still could not pre-empt themselves from losing sight of the targets. Chanyeol had suspected that magic may have been used and on the third night they casted a disability spell that would disable the other party from using magic. It was a good try but nothing changed. It was evident that they were not using magic. The two agents were now very much convinced that their targets were not normal human beings but further proof was required. Another puzzling issue on their minds was the fact that headquarters was not responding to their reports. At first they had thought that communication was unsafe and that was why the headquarters was unwilling to respond but too many days have passed and there was still no news. The two agents felt abandoned and they decided to take matters into their own hands.

 


 

For the past few days, Baekhyun had felt himself becoming more and more attracted to Hae Ri. He could not help himself. He knew that Hae Ri was not Ra Ae. Beyond the physical similarity, they had very different characters. Ra Ae was noisy, unassuming and had a very bright personality. Though Hae Ri seemed warm and cheerful, there was a part of her that was still closed. She was very guarded towards him. The way she acted towards him was completely different from the way she acted around her childhood friend Chanyeol. He could see that she was truly happy when she was talking to him. With him, many things seem a little forced.

“Why do I always have to fall for the girl that has already given her heart to someone else?” He thought bitterly.

Even so, he enjoyed teasing and talking to her. Though he had no idea what she has been trying to do, observing him every night, he looked forward to her scent in his room every night. He hoped that it was just a crush because she looks so much like Ra Ae and will come to an end soon. His heart cannot take another rejection. He spotted her coming towards him and he excused himself from his colleagues. He put on a charming smile as she stopped in front of him.

“Baekhyun oppa, can I meet you alone in the garden by the Banyan tree?” She chirped, her smile a little too bright. Her suggestion sounded a little suggestive and he felt cheeky.

“Of course but I’m only free after the Conference, at night. Will you be free then?” he questioned, indirectly hinting at what she had been doing for the past few nights to .

 Hae Ri was sharp enough to catch on the implicit meaning of his words. She felt taken aback but she kept her mask on and replied him confidently with a smile,

“Sure, see you tonight!” 

 


Thank you DREEEE for subscribing xD

WOOTS! Double update today :D

Ohmigosh EXO's dance for Christmas Day is totally unexpected!!!!!

I really thought the song was hot chocolate with marshmallows beside a christmas tree and they just had to made the dance so yyyyyyyyy ><

Suspenders should be suspended ><><><><><><

Ok maybe I didn't really mean the previous line.

Hooray for suspenders!