Transition

Behind The Facade [Indefinite Hiatus]

“Yah! Get him out of here!” Baekhyun shouted.

Before Lu Han could pull Chanyeol, who was too shocked to move, out of the room, tendrils and branches smashed through the windows and headed for Chanyeol. Baekhyun immediately formed a light shield around him. The tendrils and branches knocked against the shield with clanking sounds. They could not get to him. Lu Han was about to try and drag Chanyeol out again but the tendrils and branches wrapped themselves around him, preventing him from moving. They continued to knock against the shield and they managed to crack it because Baekhyun was still weak. Chanyeol finally snapped awake. He burnt the tendrils and branches with a fire spell and Hae Ri let out a sharp scream. Once he was freed, Lu Han grabbed Chanyeol far far away so that Hae Ri could not smell him.

Hae Ri was angered. She tore herself free from the ropes that had tied her to the table and ran after Chanyeol. But before she could leave the room, Lay stretched out his hand towards her. She flopped to the floor, sedated.

 


 

Lu Han brought Chanyeol to the public wing of the hospital. To his surprise, there was not a single soul in the hospital.

“Weird…”

Chanyeol slumped onto one of the chairs, traumatized. Lu Han massaged his temples. He was having a headache. He was never the naturally caring kind of guy. But considering the situation they were in, he had to take the responsibility. He took a seat beside Chanyeol and carefully put his arm around his shoulder, giving him a few comforting pats. Chanyeol just sat there, his eyes wide as he stared at an empty space before him.

“For how long-g…will she be like this?” he asked, his voice breaking halfway through the question.

“For a normal human who has been converted into a vampire, usually it would take 5 days but Hae Ri is only half vampire, I’d say it would take 1 or 2 days,” Lu Han explained softly.

Chanyeol nodded.

Lu Han spoke again,

“I’d really need you to stay away from her until then.”

Chanyeol suddenly jerked and he turned around to look at Lu Han. He looked so broken. Regardless of what Hae Ri has turned into, he would not leave her side. Even if it means he would be in danger. He would not let her go through this alone.

“I’ll try to use some spells to mask my scent…Can’t I just stay by her side?” Chanyeol pleaded.

Lu Han could see a desperate man before him. But now is not the time to let emotions override reason. The most he could settle for was a compromise.

“We really can’t risk having a replay of what happened just now. We’ll stay in the room beside her... I can only allow you to visit her when she’s not awake,” Lu Han replied firmly.

 


 

Hae Ri felt like she was drowning, drowning in a sea of blood. She tried to claw her way to the surface but something or someone was pulling her down. She slowly ran out of oxygen and she struggled futilely, moving her limbs in the thick and dense liquid. Eventually she lost consciousness.

When she opened her eyes, she thought that she was standing before a mirror because her reflection was staring back at her. She felt energetic, as if her drowning was nothing more than just a dream. She raised her arms, thinking that the reflection would do the same. But it was not a reflection. The figure before her suddenly growled while baring her white sharp fangs. Her eyes were blood red and she slouched slightly, getting into an offensive stance. Without warning, she lurched forward, attempting to bite Hae Ri. Hae Ri crouched down and the figure leaped over her. Hae Ri caught hold of both her legs and swung her around and around before she threw her. The figure crashed to the ground but within seconds she headed for Hae Ri again. She was very fast and Hae Ri could not block the punch that came for her face. The punch was hard and Hae Ri felt like she was hit by a metal rod. But it did not stun her for long. She grabbed hold of the figure’s arm and flipped her. In midair, the figure agilely wrapped her legs around Hae Ri’s leg, forcing her to go down as well. Hae Ri crashed down onto the figure. Within an instant, the figure had her hands around Hae Ri’s neck and she bit down on it.

Hae Ri woke up with a shock, breathing heavily. It was a really bad nightmare. She looked up at the face staring down at her and saw a worried Baekhyun. He was holding her hand tightly. She could smell delectable, mouth-watering…blood. The spell had worn off. Out of the corner of her eye, she could see Chanyeol sleeping soundly. Memories of her attack on Chanyeol flooded to her mind. She gasped. She uneasily removed her hand from Baekhyun and looked at him, trembling. The mask that she had on during the Conference was removed. Now, she was back to her cold, hard self.

“W-what am I?” she stuttered.

Even with Chanyeol in the room, Hae Ri was fairly calm. It seemed like she could control her bloodlust now. It was time to tell her everything.

“Hae Ri,” he began.

“You are a half-vampire.”

 


 

Baekhyun told her everything. Hae Ri’s eyebrows knitted together as she listened to what he has to say. Even though she looked calm on the outside, a storm was raging within. She had never known anything about her parents. Now, she finally understood why they abandoned her, why they had to abandon her. She felt unjust. She felt that the elder council was a bunch of old fools. More importantly, she felt confused. Why had her Appa sent her to this Conference? Her real parents were both killed, no one had known that her mother had a daughter, he could have simply hidden her away from the vampires for the rest of her life…Maybe he wanted to return her to her own kind and this was the best way to do it. She was angered.

“He could have just broken the news to me gently…what’s up with all the talk on how important this mission was?! What’s the deal with the Block on my heart? And what the hell were those shadow-like things?!” she thought.

There were too many questions and no answers.

Baekhyun wanted to lay a comforting hand on Hae Ri’s shoulder but she pulled away.

“So everything from before was indeed a mask…” he thought bitterly.

“Now that I’ve told you everything, it’s your turn. Why did you come to this Conference?” Baekhyun asked gently. It was supposed to be a confrontation but Baekhyun had unneeded tenderness for Hae Ri.

She looked Baekhyun coldly in the eyes. She was uncomfortable with how nicely he was treating her. The mission was nothing, it may even have been a decoy. Considering their circumstance, it would be best for them to gather all that they know of their situation and try to figure things out.

“I am Agent 104,” Hae Ri began, showing him her agent identification tag that was hidden in her outfit. Baekhyun’s eyes widened.

“Chanyeol is Agent 105, we are partners, working under the National Security Agency,” she continued.

She revealed to him their mission – the fact that they had to keep tabs on him and Lu Han. Baekhyun looked surprised. He had not done anything that was worthy of the attention of the NSA.

“I’m a decent businessman. I do not pose a threat to the nation’s security. Why is it that the both of you were sent to keep tabs on us?” Baekhyun questioned.

“The first rule of the Agent’s Code of Conduct: Do not question the purpose of the mission that you have been given,” Hae Ri mechanically replied.

Baekhyun shook his head in amusement. The Code of Conduct sounded like a ploy to produce obedient agents that will do whatever the NSA tells them to. Baekhyun cleared his throat.

“Anyway now that you are part vampire,” he began.

Hae Ri flinched. She has to remember that she is no longer who she was.

“You have to know the ways of vampires. We do not feed on humans anymore because it was part of the peace treaty that we had agreed on. We do eat human food but blood is still our main source of energy. Just a packet or two a day would be enough. Another important thing is the fact that you have royal blood flowing in you.  All vampires are stronger and faster than a normal human but the royal family and a few special vampires have powers. I can control light and Lu Han has telekinesis…Ra Ae…was blessed by Mother Nature. She could control Nature though mostly trees and plants. I believe that you would have inherited her powers and you must learn to control it,” Baekhyun explained.

Hae Ri noticed the way he said her mother’s name. It sounded like speaking the words hurt him deeply. Hae Ri wanted to know why.

“Did you know my mother?” Hae Ri asked.

Baekhyun’s calm demeanour cracked. He suppressed the pain in his heart and he looked away, trying to control his facial expression. Hae Ri observed him, interested.

“Hae Ri?” a deep voice asked.

Hae Ri turned towards Chanyeol. He was awake. He had been by Hae Ri’s side for the whole night and it was only when he decided to take a rest then Baekhyun took over. Tears started to brim in Hae Ri’s eyes. She had been keeping a strong front in front of Baekhyun but now that her best friend was here, she could not keep it up any longer. Chanyeol came towards her and she was about to jump into his embrace when she remembered who she was.

“I’m no longer human…I’m a vampire now. A vampire who wanted to feed on him…” Hae Ri thought bitterly.

She stretched her palms out at him, telling him to stop, to not get any closer. Chanyeol stopped abruptly, confused.

“Get away from me,” Hae Ri muttered coldly.

Chanyeol flinched and there was a moment of silence.

Baekhyun sensed the tension and he was about to make light of the situation when suddenly the door banged open.

“We need to get out of here!” Lu Han shouted with Lay panting heavily behind him.

 


MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! <3

Let's welcome a new subbie MaknaeAegyo :D

ohmigosh Chanyeol's superrrrr derp face after he sang his solo line for First Snow during SMTOWN WEEK HAHAHA

Chanyeol: I did well didn't I?

TOO ADORABLE <3