Accusation

Behind The Facade [Indefinite Hiatus]

Hae Ri moved a little in her sleep. She was feeling comfortable, too comfortable. Her fangs pulsated as a familiar and delectable scent overwhelmed her. Her eyes jerked open and she found herself staring at Chanyeol’s neck. Her head was settled nicely in the crook of his neck and she backed away. She bit her lips to curb the temptation to sink her fangs into the delicate skin of his neck.

“Hey,” he greeted in his low voice.

She looked up and saw that he was giving her a lopsided grin. Her heart pounded a little faster.

“Hey,” she replied and leaned her back against the wall. She wiped discreetly, hoping that she was not drooling. It had gotten easier to control her bloodlust but it had been some time since she had fed. Moreover, Chanyeol smelt really good for a human. It was too tempting. She tried to focus on other things and she noticed the daylight that was pouring in from the only window available in the dungeon. It was morning already.

“Doesn’t this feel familiar?” Chanyeol asked, another grin tugging on his lips.

Hae Ri took a deep breath.

“Of course,” she replied.

The whole scenario was too similar to the time when they were confined as punishment. Yet, things were so different now. Their identities and purposes have all changed. Hae Ri forced the negative thoughts out of her head. She had moped around enough. After all, there were some things that had not changed. Sitting so close to Chanyeol still gave her butterflies in her tummy and there was that same old titillating feeling. The worrying thing was the intensity of these feelings has increased from before. Hae Ri turned and stared at Chanyeol. She observed his features and expression. He had a nostalgic and blissful look on his face as if he was enjoying being close to her as much as she does. Hae Ri’s heart sped up some more.

“Why is he making me feel this way?” she thought to herself.

Chanyeol suddenly turned around and locked eyes with her, a teasing look on his face. He had caught her staring. More than that, he had heard her thoughts. As she was staring at him so intently, she had unknowingly telepathized to him. A warm happy feeling spread across his chest and he felt his heart race. It was as if he heard the answer that he had needed but Chanyeol was not reckless. Now was not the time.

Noticing the flippant look on his face, Hae Ri warned jokingly,

“The difference is, since I’m not chained up right now, I can really kick your if you say anything stupid.”

Chanyeol feigned being shocked. His big eyes widened and his mouth formed an ‘O’ shape as he exaggerated his reaction. Though he had not said anything stupid, Hae Ri kicked him playfully and he attacked back by tickling her. They ended up in a little mock scuffle.

“It must be nice,” Lay randomly muttered.

The rest of the convicts were seated close together, giving Hae Ri and Chanyeol some private space. Upon hearing Lay’s words, the group turned towards the twosome. A little smile played on Lu Han’s lips. Zelo asked inquisitively,

“Are the both of them dating?”

Lu Han chuckled,

“No, things are not so simple I guess.”

“But it’s obvious that they like each other,” Lay commented matter-of-factly.

Yongguk, Zelo and Jongup observed the duo keenly, interested in their relationship. Yongguk suddenly looked upwards. He had smelt something.

“What’s there not to like about Hae Ri?” Baekhyun interjected.

The trio turned to look at Baekhyun quizzically while Lu Han and Lay were a little surprised by Baekhyun’s comment. Baekhyun did not realise the reaction that had came with his words and he simply yawned and wrapped his arms around Lu Han.

“Lu, I’m tired…” his voice drifted off as he fell asleep while cuddling up to Lu Han as if he were a giant bolster.

Lay leaned forward and scrutinized the dark circles around Baekhyun’s eyes. His eyebrows knitted together as he did so. Something was not right.

 


 

It was soon nightfall. The same figure stood before the same tree. This time the voice did not only call out to him, it was telling him something.

“Find me…” it whispered.

He put his hands on the trunk of the tree and started to scratch off the bark. Pain shot through his fingertips as the hard crust of the tree got stuck in his fingernails. It was futile. He picked up some sharp stones from the ground and started scraping off the bark of the tree but he was interrupted.

“Hey! What are you doing here?” a soldier shouted.

He and his partner were making their rounds around the villages close to the shelter and were just on their way back when they had spotted a figure among the shadows. Baekhyun awoke from his trance and looked confused. He did not know why he was here either.

“He’s one of the vampires,” his partner said.

“Must be tired of living,” the soldier replied and caught Baekhyun’s arms behind his back.

“Let’s report to the captain,” he continued and dragged Baekhyun back to the shelter.

 


 

The door to the dungeon creaked loudly as it was pushed open. The captives roused from their slumber and they opened their tired eyes to see what was going on. They jolted awake when they saw Baekhyun in the hands of the soldiers.

“Baek, what’s going on?” Lu Han anxiously telepathized.

Baekhyun shook his head, a worried look on his face. He had no idea.

The captain had a sinister grin plastered on his face. He began to speak in a tone that was highly condescending, as if things were as he had expected,

“We found your friend wandering in the forest suspiciously. I guess he must be desperate to feed. What shall we do with him hmmm?”

The captives looked at Baekhyun in shock. It was ridiculous. Baekhyun was fully capable of controlling his bloodlust and there was no reason he would have left the dungeon. There was no way he could even do so anyway. Yongguk suddenly stiffened. There was a weird scent coming from above them and it was getting stronger.

“Something is coming!” Yongguk shouted.

The soldiers sniggered at his attempt to change the topic and the captain sneered such that all his teeth could be seen.

“Bleh, what good vampires are there?” he spat.

Yongguk started to feel really anxious as the scent was getting stronger. Those things were getting nearer. He would never forget their disgusting smell.

“I’m serious. They are coming! The-“he explained but was interrupted when large objects started to fall down from the ceiling. The soldiers started to shriek and run but they could not because the Bloodsuckers were falling down from the ceiling like rain and they were pinned down by these ravenous savages that were on their fours, baring their fangs menacingly.

 


Hehe this was supposed to be up yesterday but I fell asleep writing it :x

Anyway wow let's welcome 5 new subscribers to our family~ 

Thank you blackbunny1zyshawoltaemintar_deenainkyfeather and Sierra xD

Oh btw, check out my piano cover for Baby Don't Cry haha :D

There were a couple of slips at the back though :x

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvGrGbr-wc4