Answers

Behind The Facade [Indefinite Hiatus]

The atmosphere of the office was solemn. After Hae Ri’s convulsions had stopped, the experienced vampires decided to tie her limbs to the legs of the table. There was dead silence apart from the exchange of mutterings between Baekhyun and Lay. Lay was removing the poison in Baekhyun’s system and the latter was recounting to him the incident with the Shadows and what he knew of Hae Ri and Chanyeol. Chanyeol was kneeling on the floor, beside the table. He held Hae Ri’s hand as he watched her sleep peacefully. Lay had draped a blanket over her figure to protect her from the night chill. There was nothing different with her outer appearance but it was another story with what was going on inside her body. A beast is about to be released. Lu Han took light steps towards Chanyeol.

“We need to talk,” he said firmly.

Chanyeol nodded his head and slowly got to his feet. He followed Lu Han out of the office and to the empty room next door. It was a good thing that this part of the hospital was pretty much isolated. After they left, Baekhyun took over Chanyeol’s position and stayed by Hae Ri’s side. Lay broke the silence and said,

“There is still something that I don’t quite understand…”

Baekhyun turned and look at him. Lay looked puzzled as he contemplated something.

“If Hae Ri is Ra Ae’s daughter, why is she here pretending to be part of the Keeper’s family?”

 


 

Lu Han settled himself on the floor and Chanyeol sat opposite him. Lu Han looked at the man sitting in front of him. It was a heartbreaking sight. He had a look of lethargy, his usual large and bright eyes were now half-lidded and blood streaked. It was dead into the night and humans needed their sleep, unlike vampires. Chanyeol was also slightly shivering from the cold and he wrapped his arms around himself. Despite his physical discomfort and lack of energy, he looked at Lu Han with a firm gaze, the worry in his eyes evident. He needed answers now.

“Well, just be prepared for what I am about to tell you,” Lu Han began, rubbing his neck awkwardly because he did not expect that he would be the one to break everything to Chanyeol.

Chanyeol nodded.

“Baekhyun, Lay and I are vampires,” Lu Han continued awkwardly.

“I kind of got that,” Chanyeol replied dryly.

Lu Han considered his words carefully before he spoke again,

“18 years ago, the vampires were preparing to go to war with the humans.”

Chanyeol’s ears perked up.

“We were gathering our strength and the princess of the royal family, Ra Ae, had come of age to be married,” Lu Han explained.

“Ra Ae…” Chanyeol muttered.

“The elder council, a group of old, wise and powerful vampires warned that the royal blood shall not be tainted so that we can produce the next generation of pure royal bloods that would be as equally powerful as the current ones. There were many conflicts in the history of the Vampires and at that time, there were only 3 royal descendants of the 3 main royal families left, Ra Ae, Baekhyun and I. But Ra Ae had fallen in love with a human, she did not care about the war that was about to ensue. She was about to elope with the man but they got found out. The elder council could not condone such disgrace and they executed her…” Lu Han paused for a moment. He swallowed the lump in his throat and continued.

“With her gone, there was no hope that we would be able to win the war and we were forced to make peace. There were many vampires that did not want to go to war in the first place and they were glad, they have been living among humans ever since. However, there was a large majority of vampires who were very upset and they revolted. Savant, a member of the elder council banished them to a slit in the universe. Those bloodsuckers were entrapped in nothingness, not in our universe or any other alternate ones. He then bit an ordinary human and cursed his bloodline to maintain the balance between the humans and the vampires. They were the Keepers…” he trailed off.

Lu Han hesitated whether or not to tell Chanyeol about what he was. He felt that he was in no position to.

“So Hae Ri is half human and half vampire? What is going to happen to her now?” Chanyeol questioned.

Lu Han stared at the giant idiot in front of him who was worried sick,

“You should be more worried about yourself…But then again you don’t know anything,” he thought.

“Yes she is and I have to tell you that newly-turned vampires are belligerent. She has to learn to control her desire to feed. It may be wise to stay away from her for the time being, you are a human after all,” Lu Han warned.

“I won’t leave her,” Chanyeol simply stated.

 


 

When Lu Han and Chanyeol were nearing Lay’s office, they heard a loud crash followed by Hae Ri’s scream. Chanyeol rushed into the office and he stopped in his tracks when he saw the scene before him. There were empty blood packets on the floor and the table Hae Ri was lying on had flipped over, leaning on its side. Hae Ri was struggling to get free and when she smelt Chanyeol, she whipped her head around and stared at him with her monstrous red eyes. She bared her fangs viciously at him. She is hungry, very hungry. A trail of red sticky blood can be seen hardening from her lips to her chin. 

 


Thank you to the new subscribers! <3 gongchansikk , Cute_L and abril04 

Ok so I did manage to update today after all haha :P

Was bored out of my mind doing the applications and after I submitted the university application, I decided to leave the scholarship application for tomorrow x.x

This drawing is too similar to the real thing xD