The Journey

Behind The Facade [Indefinite Hiatus]

There were too many of them and they were too close. Hae Ri and the group were forced to fight in close combat. Such combat was obviously not Lu Han’s forte. He struggled against the group of Bloodsuckers that were surrounding him. The Bloodsuckers bared their fangs viciously at Lu Han with their saliva dripping off their teeth, threatening to tear him to pieces and slowly devour him. Vampires could feed on other vampires. One of the Bloodsuckers had him in an arm lock and he could not move. The Bloodsucker twisted his shoulder and Lu Han felt his bone shifting.

“YAH!” Lu Han shouted in his mind.

Light shards pierced through the hearts of the Bloodsucker and the ones surrounding Lu Han.

“Lu get your act together,” Baekhyun sent Lu Han a telepathy.

Lu Han smirked. The rest of the Bloodsuckers charged towards him but there was enough distance between them. He held them in place with his telekinesis. The Bloodsuckers struggled against the hold he had against them but they could not move. Blood spurted out in different directions, staining the ground red, as he tore their bodies apart with his telekinesis. Lu Han simply moved on to the remaining Bloodsuckers, emotionless.

Baekhyun carefully aimed for the pressure points of the Bloodsucker before him. Within seconds, the Bloodsucker fell down in pain. Baekhyun was highly skilled in Hapkido. He did a spinning heel kick at one of the face of the Bloodsuckers and the savage fell over, knocking down a couple other Bloodsuckers. It was like a sledgehammer had hit him. Baekhyun raised his arms and light spears fell from the sky above him and pierced the Bloodsuckers around him fatally.

Lay took on 3 Bloodsuckers at once. He gracefully did a roundhouse kick at one of the Bloodsuckers and turned around immediately to block the punch coming from the one behind him. He twisted the arm of the Bloodsucker and kicked the remaining Bloodsucker that was running towards him in the groin. The Bloodsucker took a step back from the pain and Lay swung the Bloodsucker he was grabbing onto towards him. Lay did a fast spin as he swung the Bloodsucker and the momentum threw the two Bloodsuckers far away. Lay’s powers were not suitable for combat and to protect himself he had taken up various martial arts. He is an expert. He fights with poise and from an onlooker’s point of view he looks like he is dancing.

A Bloodsucker flipped Chanyeol over and grabbed his neck. The Bloodsucker grazed his fangs against Chanyeol’s neck and growled excitedly,

“Human…”

Chanyeol took a hold of the Bloodsucker’s head and his hands burst into flames. The Bloodsucker started screeching as he was on fire and Chanyeol simply tossed him away.

Hae Ri stretched out both her arms before her and the branches of the trees around them struck the Bloodsuckers before her like whips. They pierced through the various areas of the bodies of the Bloodsuckers and they flopped to the ground, holes scarring their bodies. Another group of Bloodsuckers were about to pounce at Hae Ri from behind and she hurriedly called for the branches to her aid. However, her head spun from lethargy.

She was getting weaker.

The Bloodsuckers eagerly leaped towards her but they flew back when they hit the light shield that suddenly appeared around Hae Ri. Baekhyun hurriedly went towards Hae Ri and carried her away as Lu Han forced the remaining Bloodsuckers to congregate in a certain area. Chanyeol stretched out his palm towards the savages. His eyes turned dark and he mumbled coldly,

“Venire Flamma”

A ring of fire lit up around the Bloodsuckers, preventing them from escaping before flames erupted from the middle of the circle, burning all the Bloodsuckers alive.

The fight was over.

Even though Hae Ri was tired, she put her thumb between her lips and bit on it, tearing off the skin. She let the drops of blood fall onto the trunk of a nearby tree. She fell into a trance and in her mind’s eye she saw the familiar female figure.

“Are you sure you want to continue this?” The figure asked.

“Yes. Please continue to look after the humans as well as the good vampires,” Hae Ri replied.

“You are getting weaker because of this but since it is your choice I will not stop you…With your help I’ll definitely be able to protect them…” the figure said as she started to fade away.

Hae Ri started to chant a series of words. A pale pink glow appeared on the trunk of the tree where her blood had been. Chanyeol walked towards her, in the same trance and he started to recite the same words as Hae Ri. The difference in the tone of their voices provided a lovely harmony as they did the blood ritual. Slowly, the glow spread around the entire circumference of the forest they were in. After the ritual was done, the glow turned blood red and then disappeared. The blood shield was completed. Hae Ri dropped down to her knees, exhausted.

 


 

They had found a way to counteract the vampire venom that was poisoning Mother Nature – the blood shield. Before the Park couple had left them to help the NSA, they had told the group that the blood of a royal vampire can do wonders. That was what had prompted Hae Ri to try if her blood could neutralize the vampire venom and with the help of Chanyeol’s magic, she managed to forge a contract with Mother Nature. The blood shield depended on Hae Ri’s powers and energy. The more blood shields she creates, the weaker she will be. Baekhyun and Lu Han’s blood do not work because Hae Ri was the one who had forged the contract and they could only stand by and watch Hae Ri get weaker as she tried her best to protect the innocent ones.

They have been travelling for several weeks now and though they try to hide their presences and stay away from the Bloodsuckers, they could not stand by and not do anything when they see humans being attacked. They have managed to save many people who were hiding in the forests with the blood shields during this time. Killing had become a habit. Though they were secret agents before, Hae Ri and Chanyeol hardly had to kill. However now, in order to survive and reach Savant, it was inevitable for them to stain their hands with blood. Their hearts have since hardened. To reach their goal and to not cause more deaths, they will kill.

They continued to head east. The Park couple had told them that Savant is highly secretive about where he is. The best bet that they have was that he would be somewhere in the east of the Korean peninsula. Among the 4 members of the elder council, he was in charge of the east after all. The only other clue they have to his location is the fact that they have to find 2 tattoos. The tattoos would reveal his location. The problem was they did not even know how the tattoos were supposed to look like. Mr Park had simply said, “You will know when you see it.” And the group sincerely believed that things would be as simple as that. There were too many uncertainties and they needed some hope that they would be able to make it.

 


 

“My lord, they,” the Bloodsucker spat at the word ‘they’.

“are approaching Hong Seong. Do we utilise our fellows to stop them?”

The master chuckled,

“Of course not, we need to get them safely to Savant after all. It would be our win then. Just let things go as they are. Our fellows are dispatched everywhere and can take them on if they meet each other. It wouldn’t be fun or even natural if they find Savant without any resistance at all, right?”

An evil laughter filled the air.

 


 

The group trekked on. Dae Won had offered to provide them some means of transport but since they did not know exactly where they were going, it was best to travel on foot and find the tattoos. The atmosphere around the group was perpetually solemn. The stress of the mission was taking a toll on everyone, not to mention the lethargy. These days, there was hardly anything to look forward to, nothing to smile or laugh about. It was hard times. The only times when they felt happy was when they see the faces of the people whom they have managed to save from the clutches of the Bloodsuckers. Their gratitude has slowly become the only thing that the group lives for. Notwithstanding this, Chanyeol and Baekhyun, the moodmakers, would still try and lighten the atmosphere and motivate everyone at times, especially Hae Ri.

The group approached a large town. The town was filled with greenery and contained a large community of wooden and stone huts shaped like igloos. Ever since the healing wave, for a majority of people, it seemed like time had turned back. The healing wave had different effects on people who were in different areas at the time of the wave. As a result, some had stronger affinity towards Mother Nature and others just the bare minimum. It was obvious that the people in this region have a strong affinity towards Mother Nature. The place that they have arrived at looked like the 1600s, when religion was King, only with a lot more trees and plants around. These people worship Her, treating Nature as their religion. They reject science and technology and live as simply as they could. The area was deserted, something not surprising, and the stench of blood and dead bodies was overwhelming.

A deadly scream resonated in the air.

The group hurried over towards the source of the scream. It was like déjà vu. A couple of soldiers had their guns aimed towards vampires that looked humane, wearing civilian clothing - good vampires. Hae Ri started to tremble. She knew what was going to happen next. She screamed in her mind when she heard the guns went off.

“NO!” she cried in her mind.

A loud clank could be heard when the bullets hit against the light shield that appeared around the good vampires.

“It’s alright. Everything will be fine, I promise,” she heard a husky voice in her mind.

 


Yippee! New update finally haha :D

I decided to stay home today to rest up because I've been going out the past few days so I managed to get a chapter done hehe

It's the beginning of the new arc~

Please look forward to more exciting chapters~~ 

Some comments would be nice hehe <3

Oh! And thank you to our new subscribers cheshire08 and Tafunazasso xD