First Sight

Behind The Facade [Indefinite Hiatus]

They were on the plane headed for Jeju Island. Hae Ri looked over to Chanyeol who was sleeping soundly beside her. He looked dashing in a suit. When she came down the stairs and saw him all dressed up in a black tuxedo, her heart leaped. His brown hair was gelled back, revealing his smooth forehead and clear bright eyes. The fitting suit accentuated his broad shoulders and tall stature, making him look simply handsome. Now he was frowning slightly as he slumbered. Hae Ri placed her finger in between his eyebrows and gently loosened the frown. She looked away from his sleeping face and back to the documents she was reading. She yawned a little and decided to catch some rest before they arrive.

Chanyeol felt something heavy on his shoulder and he slowly opened his eyes. The seats in the domestic air plane were narrow and Hae Ri’s head was leaning on his shoulder as she slept. He smiled and gently adjusted her head such that her head fitted comfortably into the crook of his neck. When she was descending down the stairs in her midnight blue gown, he felt his breath catch in his throat. The deep blue of her gown contrasted perfectly with her pale skin. The strapless sweetheart dress hugged at the right places and showed off her bare shoulders and neck, where the necklace he had given her laid. He swiped her bangs away from her eyes and went back to sleep, tilting his head slightly towards hers such that their heads touched.

 


 

They arrived at the hotel of the Conference in a limousine. It was time to get down to work. Chanyeol offered his arm and Hae Ri took it. They entered the ballroom, ready to roll. The ballroom was already filled with people, people from the upper crust of society. It was a luncheon but everyone was busy socialising with each other to touch the delicacies that were displayed in buffet style. The duo let their eyes wandered around the ballroom, searching for their targets. Targets have not arrived yet. They followed Mr and Mrs Park around to be introduced to the people of the Conference.

“Mr Yoon, this is my son, Chanyeol and my niece, Hae Ri,” Mr Park introduced.

Mr Yoon shook Chanyeol’s hands firmly and placed a small kiss on the back of Hae Ri’s palm.

“What a dashing gentleman and a lovely lady,” he complimented.

Hae Ri observed that Mr Yoon Dae Won was an unassuming and amiable man in his fifties. His hair was turning white and when he smiled he had wrinkles. Hae Ri felt that he had the kindest eyes. He had the most stocks in the company after the Byun, Lu and Park family.

After being introduced to a couple more people, a middle aged man with a scowl approached the group.

“Were you not planning to come greet me?” he asked Mr Park in an accusing tone.

“Of course not, Sang Hun,” Mr Park replied frankly.

He introduced Chanyeol and Hae Ri to Ma Sang Hun and Sang Hun looked at the twosome with a stern eye. Any normal person would have felt threatened by his attitude but Chanyeol and Hae Ri were not ordinary people. Hae Ri simply smiled back at him sweetly but mentally noted to be careful of this man. Even though Sang Hun and Dae Won are both of equal positions in the company, the two men are as different as night and day.

 


 

After taking some food to satisfy their hunger, Mr Park brought Chanyeol around to mix with the people in the energy business whereas Mrs Park brought Hae Ri to mingle with people who were potential sponsors like her. Hae Ri was feeling the toll on her from all these socialising but their targets were still nowhere to be seen. Suddenly, there was a flurry of activity near the entrance of the ballroom. The two most important and powerful people have arrived. Both Hae Ri and Chanyeol noted their presence immediately but they continued to talk to whoever it was that they were supposed to mingle with. No rush. There will be time for them to initiate their plans.

 


 

Baekhyun took a look around the ballroom. He was very satisfied with the turnout of the Conference this year. As he glanced about, his eyes settled on a fair lady with black straight hair. His body stiffened. She had a pair of endearing dimples as she smiled. The aloof look in her eyes was contrasting to her sweet features. The paradoxical combination of her eyes and smile made her seem enigmatic.

“She looks exactly like…”

 


 

Lu Han noticed Baekhyun acting weirdly from the corner of his eye. He looked over to his friend and saw that he kept taking secret glances at a lady. He followed Baekhyun’s gaze and saw a beautiful lady in a midnight blue gown. Lu Han’s eyes widened. He knew that Baekhyun must be thinking about the same thing as he is but there was no way what they thought would be true. The scent is different. After a few moments later, Baekhyun was still keeping his attention on that girl. Lu Han was about to go over and ask his friend to get a grip on himself when he was approached by a guest.

“Good afternoon Mr Lu, I am Park Chanyeol, son of Park Yoon Hwan,” Chanyeol introduced himself.

Lu Han stopped in his tracks and faced the man before him.

“So this is Yoon Hwan’s son…he’s finally back,” Lu Han thought.

The two men chatted for awhile as Chanyeol worked his charm. The two agents had decided to split up and each was in charge of one target. The plan for now would be to become friends with the targets, not an impossible thing due to their close , and proceed from there on to find out anything suspicious. Lu Han is a friendly and easy guy to get close to and Chanyeol felt that things were going according to plan.

 


 

Hae Ri had noticed the secret glances Baekhyun were throwing at her. She took her time, finishing up her conversation with a potential sponsor from the aviation industry. After she was left alone, she turned her head and caught Baekhyun’s glance.

“Bingo,” she thought.

Being the gentleman, Baekhyun excused himself and approached Hae Ri. Hae Ri gave him her hand and introduced herself,

“I am Na Hae Ri, heir of the Kim Bank and niece of Mr Park Yoon Hwan.”

Baekhyun placed a soft kiss on the back of her hand and he held onto her hand while looking deep into her eyes.

“I am Byun Baekhyun, one of the head stockholders of Lamia, pleased to meet your acquaintance.”

 


 

Hae Ri felt that things were going smoothly. She heeded Mrs Park’s advice and tried to be warm to this man standing in front of her. It was not easy but Baekhyun being a natural people-person helped her a lot. He was very charming. She felt that he was gifted with the ability to speak to people and he could keep a conversation running for a very long time. However, instead of her finding out more about him, it seemed like he was the one who was more interested in knowing about her. With her limited experience in speaking to men who were not her fellow agents, she could tell that he was trying to flirt with her. She conceded and tried to flirt back. If Baekhyun was really interested in her, it would only benefit her considering the aim of this mission.

 


 

Baekhyun tried to control the rapid beating of his heart. The way her dimples showed when she smiled at his jokes, the way she tilted her head as she thought about his questions and the warmth of her eyes, how could she look so much like her? He was falling into the same trap again…the same lethal perfection that had killed him.

But…this time, things are different.

This time, her scent is different.

Hae Ri is just a human.

 


KYAAAAAA finally Baek and Lu Han are introduced xD

There were many new characters this chapter and I hope it wasn't confusing hehe

I think this is my favourite chapter thus far haha :D

Some comments will be nice ^^

Oh and thank you wishfulthinker for subscribing!

wishfulthinker has this awesome supernatural fic as well, for those who are into this genre you can check it out at http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/482266/lost-in-time-action-drama-romance-supernatural-vampire-exo-sehun :D