Attacked

Behind The Facade [Indefinite Hiatus]

Just when Chanyeol was about to cast, loud bangs reverberated in the dungeon.

“Gotcha,” Myung Soo snickered as the Bloodsucker that was pinning him down turned over, unconscious.

He stood up and shot his gun at the rest of the Bloodsuckers, along with the rest of the soldiers. The Bloodsuckers were in a frenzy. They ducked from the lethal bullets and backed away slightly from the humans. A couple of Bloodsuckers smelt the scent of the rest of the people in the shelter and they scurried out of the dungeon through the door that was left ajar.

Yongguk gave Chanyeol a slight push towards the door and said hurriedly,

“The Bloodsuckers are already all over the place, go to the villagers!”

Chanyeol hastily nodded his head and rushed out of the dungeon with Jongup and Zelo behind him. The Bloodsuckers noticed his intention and tried to block his way but he blew a fireball at them and managed to get out of the dungeon. He started to pant heavily. It was tiring as it had been days since they had a proper meal.

The Bloodsuckers surrounded the soldiers and Myung Soo. The firing had stopped as the Bloodsuckers increased the distance they had with the humans. The vampires were ignored. Human blood was sweeter. Myung Soo held his gun with one hand, his arm outstretched and a triumphant look on his face. He could smell victory but well, he smelt wrong. Without warning, the Bloodsuckers pounced on the guns and the humans were too slow to react to the attack. Myung Soo was pinned down again, his gun slid across the dungeon with one swift move from the Bloodsucker. This time, the Bloodsucker wasted no time and sank his fangs into the artery of his neck. Myung Soo shrieked. The rest of the soldiers were either struggling with the Bloodsuckers or being fed on. Hae Ri watched as the heartless captain tried to get free and slowly become limp. He was getting his desserts. The world did not need another human like him. Without people like him, the good vampires will stand a better chance to live.

But she could not just stand there and watch him and the rest of the soldiers die.

The rest of the vampires hesitated. It was only the 2nd day and the silver in their body was still capable of killing them. Were the humans worth it?

Suddenly, brambles and vines crashed through the only window in the dungeon and headed towards the Bloodsuckers. They wrapped around the Bloodsuckers tightly and lifted them up midair. The Bloodsuckers shrieked and struggled as the thorny brambles tightened around them and pierced through their skin. Light spears appeared out of nowhere and stabbed through their hearts. The Bloodsuckers flopped to the ground, petrified. The blood trails from their lips were still fresh. Hae Ri’s knees buckled as she felt that familiar pain in her chest return with even larger intensity. Baekhyun started to cough uncontrollably. He was coughing up blood. The area around their eyes turned dark purple.

 


 

Chanyeol, Jongup and Zelo hurried up the stairs towards the main part of the shelter. When they reached the top of the stairs, a savage scene was before them. Dried up bodies of soldiers were scattered around and beast-like Bloodsuckers were feeding on the remaining soldiers hungrily. Upon smelling Chanyeol, the Bloodsuckers looked up eagerly. They look crazed and ecstatic for more blood. Chanyeol’s features cringed into a disgusted look and he blew a giant fireball at the incoming bunch of Bloodsuckers. The Bloodsuckers rolled on the floor, hoping to extinguish the fire but the flames would not burn out. Chanyeol had casted a high level spell that he had only managed to master recently. The Bloodsuckers were burned alive and horrible shrieks echoed within the enclosed shelter. Zelo caught Chanyeol as he lost his balance. He looked terribly pale.

Before them, a transparent thick wall separated them from the villagers. Jae Suk kept his people behind him as he held a metal pipe in front of him, attempting to intimidate the Bloodsuckers that were approaching them with amusement. It seemed like the soldiers had activated the emergency shield too late because the Bloodsuckers were in the shield along with the villagers. Zelo knocked against the wall with all his might but it would not budge. Chanyeol slumped against the wall, trying to catch some rest.  Jongup grabbed Chanyeol and Zelo’s arms.

“Sorry,” Jongup muttered.

He teleported them into the shield just as the Bloodsuckers were about to pounce on the vulnerable villagers. Chanyeol was not prepared for the teleportation and his head reeled when his feet touched the floor. He fell to the floor just as Jongup and Zelo commenced their attack on the Bloodsuckers. The duo was incredibly nimble. Jongup had teleported them right before the incoming Bloodsuckers and in midair the duo did a spinning kick. The momentum of the Bloodsuckers’ attack along with the kicks from the duo caused the Bloodsuckers to fly back with great force and they smashed against the shield. The duo pushed the Bloodsuckers back with their attacks and increased the distance between them and the villagers. Some of the villagers went to tend to Chanyeol.

“A magic user…Are you alright?” a man asked and helped Chanyeol sit up.

Chanyeol weakly nodded but anyone could tell from the way he hunched and looked that he was way tired. Jae Suk observed the fight nervously before he glanced back at Chanyeol.

“Give him some water,” he instructed and a middle-aged woman hurriedly took out a bottle of water from her cloth bag and helped Chanyeol to drink. She gently poured the water between his cracked lips and Chanyeol felt the nausea go away.

“We can’t hold them back much longer!” Zelo coughed as he kicked the Bloodsucker before him in the chest. There were purple streaks under his eyes.

Chanyeol stood up with a determined look on his face, a crease appeared between his eyebrows. The villagers were depending on them.

“Stand back!” he commanded.

Jongup and Zelo hurriedly jumped backwards and while they were in the air, Chanyeol casted a line of fire between them and the Bloodsuckers. Some headstrong Bloodsuckers tried to venture across and they were instantly ignited. It was not easy to maintain the line of fire and Chanyeol felt his concentration wavering. They have to hurry and get out of here.

“Bring us to the forest!” Jae Suk cried. It was the safest place to go.

Everyone turned to look at Jongup who was hunched and panting heavily. There were purple rings around his eyes. He gave them an ok sign but it did not look as if he was capable to teleport everyone to the forest.

“I will do it in batches,” Jongup said.

“Bring the women and little children first,” Jae Suk requested.

The women and little children held onto Jongup, any physical contact would do, and he whisked them away.

“There were other refugees when we came. Are they still here?” Jae Suk asked with a frown on his face.

Zelo took a sniff and replied,

“I can’t smell any humans apart from the ones in the dungeon…I think they’re gone…I’m sorry.”

Chanyeol tightened his fist. The line of fire extended to a ring, surrounding the Bloodsuckers. A few seconds later, the flames erupted and consumed all the savages. Jae Suk bowed his head. The group dedicated a few moments of silence as condolences to those who have died here today.

 


 

Lay immediately tended to Baekhyun and Hae Ri. The effects of the poison had taken over them. Baekhyun was lying on the floor and convulsions had taken over his body. Hae Ri was kneeling on the floor, her face deathly pale. Lay placed his hand over Baekhyun’s chest, a pale white light emanated from his palm as he tried to reduce the effects of the silver. This was the only thing he could do now. Yongguk and Lu Han went to help the soldiers sit up. Thank goodness no one had died. Well, it was all thanks to Hae Ri and Baekhyun.

The soldiers were too traumatized to be able to move by themselves. Being fed on was a terrifying experience. It was as if your life was being away from you. At the moment when one is being fed on, a bond would be formed between the vampire and the prey, a physical and mental bond. The human would be able to feel the exhilaration of the vampire whereas the vampire would be able to relish the fear of the human. They would even be able to feel each other’s heartbeats. It was like being under the skin of the vampire. It was no wonder that the soldiers were a little out of their minds right now. Even so, some were grounded enough to express their gratitude to their saviours. A few soldiers passed them some syringes.

“An..tido..te…” one of the soldiers had croaked.

Lu Han hurriedly went over to Hae Ri and Baekhyun and injected them with the antidote. Their paleness immediately improved and the dark rings around their eyes disappeared. Lu Han made sure the rest of them were given the antidote as well.

Myung Soo eventually sat up and wheezed,

“Am I…a v-vampire now?”

Lu Han raised his eyebrows and shot back dryly,

“The idea of a human becoming a vampire because he was bitten by one is total bull.”

 


Yayyy another chapter is up :)

Thank you to the new subscribers! anfaye716IGotThatAegyo and tiffany_gunawan <3

As well as the upvote from MsTrollolol <3