Chapter 8: Welcoming Party

The Story Of Two Girls♡

Place: Kim's House

Time: 5:28p.m.

 

"Pass me the charcoal, will you?"asks Kim to Alvin. Alvin takes the box of charcoal next to him and gives it to Kim. The students of Class 6A went to Kim's house at 5pm and starts to do the setting up of the place, placing mats on the grass, placing several tables to put food for the bbq, setting up the sound system for the event, and setting up fire for the bbq. Kim is in charge of helping to set up the fire for bbq.

"Has everyone arrive yet?" asks Kim to Alvin.

"Erm... all has arrive but only our main character for tonight's party's haven't arrive. Actually,I purposely left her out and told her the wrong time so that we can prepare the place a bit earlier."replies Alvin.

Kim nods and says:"Afterall she's someone new here, we should welcome her in a more warm way. Did you prepared any surprise?"

"Oh, i forgot about that.. Any ideas?"Alvin asks.

"Hmm.... Maybe a cake?" says Kim as she recall their first meeting at the cafe.

Alvin lifts one of his eyebrows and asks:" Why cake?"

"Well, I don't know..." Kim replies.

"Then what cake? We don't know what flavours she like right?" asks Alvin.

"Chocolate cake will do. I think she'll be okay with it." Kim replies.

"Hmm.... Okay, then i'll ask someone to go buy it now." Alvin replies as he leave to find if anyone is free to go for an errand. Kim continues to set up the fire. Within few minutes, Kim has manage to set up a nice fire and is ready for the first batch of bbq.

 

Place: Pie’s House

Time 5:45p.m.

 

“Pie, are you done yet? Didn’t you say that your party starts at 6p.m.? It’s 5:45p.m. You should be early.” Pie’s mother yells from the stairway.

“I know mommy. I’m almost done!” Pie replies as she rushes down the stairs.

“Maria, have you packed the fruits needed?” asks Pie to her maid. Pie feels nervous as this is a welcoming party for her.

“Yes, missy. It’s here.” Says Maria as she pass the bag of fruits to Pie.

Pie takes it and says:” Thanks, Maria.” Pie smiles at Maria and turns to face her mother.

“Mom, do I look good?” Pie asks her mother as she has spent a long time preparing herself for the event.

“You look gorgeous, honey! Don’t worry about your looks anymore. Now, go!” says Pie’s mother as she pushes her daughter out of the door.

“Wait mommy, I haven’t give a hug!” says Pie. Pie stops and hugs her mother for a while before running out to her car with Uncle Ken waiting in the car. Pie gets on her car and asks:” Uncle Ken, do you know where Reggae’s Residence is?”

“ Yes, missy. It’s not very far away. Just a few streets away from here.” Uncle Ken answers as he looks at Pie, who is sitting on the back seat, through the car mirror.

Pie smiles and takes out a piece of paper out of her pocket and gives it to Uncle Ken. “Uncle Ken, this is the address where the party is held.” Pie says to Uncle Ken as she buckles up her seat belt.

Uncle Ken looks at the paper and puts the paper aside after he reads it. Though he’s not very sure of the exact location of the place but at least he knows which neighborhood it is. He then starts the car and drives there.

 

Place:Kim's House

Time: 6p.m.

 

"Everyone, are you ready to welcome Pie? Boy, have you lit the candle on the cake? asks Alvin to make sure everything went well. The student of Class 6A are hiding by the side of Kim’s house front door.

"Why do we have to do this cake kind of surprise for her? What's so good about her? I don't see any cakes on my birthday?? Boy speaks in a jealous manner.

Jane smiles and tease:” Oh, come on. Don’t be jealous of Pie.”

“No, I’m not! Why should I be jealous of her?” Boy replies as he rolls his eyes

“Just light the candles, will you? Complaining so much just for a cake, so childish.” Jane replies.

“Oh, she’s here!” says Kim. Alvin quickly takes the cake and all of the quickly hides aside.

Pie’s car stops in front of Kim’s house. Pie got off the car but she can’t see anyone in the garden. She takes the bag from the car seat and say:” Uncle Ken, I’ll call you when the party ends. Bye~” Pie closes the car door and turns around, facing Kim’s house. “Are they not here yet? But why is all the tables and chairs set already? Where have they gone?” Pie wonders. Pie continues to walk in as she looks around Kim’s house.

“SURPRISE~!!!!!” everyone shouts as they surprise Pie from the back. Pie looks around and see her classmates with Alvin holding a cake lit with candles. They approach Pie and surround around her. On the cake, there are words writing, Welcome, to Class 6A. Pie feels so touch and her eyes starts to get watery.

“Oww… Don’t cry. Quick, blow the candles, my hand is a little tired.” says Alvin as he hold the cake in front of Pie. Pie smiles and quickly blows the candles on the cake.

“Let’s start our party!!!!!” Stuard shouts as he runs to switch on the music and the others goes to do what they need to do. Kim goes to the bbq grill and starts grilling again.

Jane walks toward Pie and say:” Come, let’s go and eat something.” Pie smiles and accepts Jane’s offer. Both of them walks to the tables and Pie puts the bag of fruits on the table. Jane takes a plate and pass it to Pie:” Here, take it.” Pie takes the plates and say:’ Thank you.” She takes a few piece of just-bbq sausages and starts chewing one of them.

“Sit down here. I need to do something. I’ll come here again after I’m done.” says Jane as she leaves Pie sitting alone at the table. Pie looks at Jane leaving as Jane walks toward the bbq grill and helps Kim to wipe her sweat on Kim’s face. Jane wipes Kim’s face carefully with a tissue and Kim lets Jane wipe her sweat. Pie can see that Kim is smiling.

“Are they couples? Do they have to do it in front of everyone?” thinks Pie as she munches her sausage and looks away from them.

“Is they anyone sitting beside you?” someone asks.

Pie turns and see a handsome guy holding a plate and a glass. “Yes, Jane’s seat is here.” Pie answers.

“Then what about your right side? Is someone else sitting there?” that person smiles at Pie.

Pie smiles and replies:” No, you can take the seat.”

“Thanks.” that person replies as he place his plate and glass on the table and sits next to Pie.

“Err… may I know who are you?”asks Pie as she don’t see him anywhere in class today.

“Oh, I forgot to introduce myself.” that person says as he takes a sip of his drink to clear his throat. “I’m Jim, Kim’s big brother. Nice to meet you” Jim says as he takes his hands out to shake with Pie. Pie shakes Jim’s hand and reply: ”I’m Pie. Nice to meet you too.”

“I see both of you have met each other.” says Kim. Pie turns around and see that Kim and Jane are standing next to her.

“Why are you here? I’m just getting started,” says Jim with a disappointing tone.

“Hahaha… Did I come here at the wrong time? Kim asks as both Jane and Kim sits down.

“Of course! I’m just starting to get to know Pie.” Jim smiles as he signals to Kim with a wink and a thumbs up on his hand. Kim understand that her brother agrees that Pie is pretty and he’s interested in her.

Kim smiles and turns to Pie. “How is it? Do you like it?” asks Kim.

Pie got confuse on what Kim is referring to and say:” What are you referring to?”

“The food.” Kim replies.

“Oh, the food. They tastes great.” Pie replies and smile to Kim.

They eat and chat with each other. The students of Class 6A enjoys themselves with some of them talking to each other, some are enjoying the food, some are helping out to grill the food, and some are dancing to the music. The party went well for about one hour but then, it starts to rain…

 

[Sorry for not posting yesterday. Kinda busy. Hope you all enjoy reading this ^^]