Chapter 15: A thought of diary....

The Story Of Two Girls♡

Wednesday, Thursday and Friday passes by in just a blink of an eye. Pie avoids Kim in all the way that she can. Whenever Jane invites to morning breaks or lunch with Kim and Boy,  Pie would just reject and gives lots of reasons and excuses to avoid Kim. Pie would only go with Jane or Boy for morning breaks and lunch when Kim isn’t joining. When it’s time to go back from school, Pie would walk out with Tola and Sumalee ( girls in Class 6A) that she just befriend with. Tola is a short girl with a short hair and has a little dark skin. Sumalee however, is taller, has a long hair and wears a spectacle. Both of them are slim and pretty though not as pretty as Pie in Kim’s heart. Sometimes when Kim asks Pie something, Pie will just respond with a nod or say yes, ok, no, and walks away.

                                                   

Oh right, you must be wondering if Kim has notice Pie’s behaviour or not, are you? Well, frankly speaking, yes. Kim feels a little weird. She don’t understand why Pie seems to be avoiding her......

 

Place:Kim’s House (Kim’s Bedroom)

Time: 8:26 a.m.

Day: Saturday

Kim is sitting on a wooden chair in her bedroom balcony. “Have I done anything wrong?” thinks Kim by herself. Kim tries to recall back of every conversation and actions that she has said or done to Pie. But still she can’t figure it out. “So why is she avoiding me? Or is it just me being oversensitive? But why every time when I try to talk to her, she didn’t really respond to me? It’s like I’m invisible. Huh.... I just don’t get it.” thinks Kim as she writes all of her thoughts in her diary. (Hmm, talking about diary, there’s something that I need to tell....)

 

Kim develops such a habit of writing a diary after her mother passed away. At the age of 10, she finds it hard to accept the fact that her mother has died out of a sudden. Kim’s mother hides the fact that she has cancer from Kim as she doesn’t want Kim to be worried or sad. Jim knows about his mother’s sickness as Jim is older and he is able to understand his mother’s sickness. Kim who never knows about it until her mother’s death, was unprepared and shocked. Feeling shocked, helpless, sad and lost, she locks herself away from other people. She misses her mother a lot but at the same time hates her mother for hiding her illness from her and leaving her behind out of a sudden. She quits playing guitar and ukulele because those remind her of the memories of her mother. Kim becomes silent, introvert and doesn’t smile anymore. She keeps all her feelings to herself. Until one day, when someone teaches Kim to use a diary. (As for whom the person was, I’m not telling you yet...) Well, that person says to Kim: “Kim, you need to learn to let go. Don’t be stubborn. If your mother knows you are like this, I don’t think she will be able to rest in peace. She hides it from you, because she loves you and that she can’t bears the sight of you crying if you know about her cancer. I understand that whatever that i say now, you won’t listen neither will you answer nor express your feelings.  Here, take this book. This book here, as you see, there’s a lock. If you want to lock your feelings and thoughts, write it into this book and let it carry your troubles for you. Don’t keep it inside your heart, you’ll get hurt.” And that’s how Kim slowly walks out of her sad and empty world after listening to the advice as she found a way to release herself in writing her feeling and thoughts into her diary. Time passes by, she grew mature and comes to understand her mother’s intention. However, she has yet recovers from the shock that she felt from her mother’s death.

 

“Dok, dok, dok....”Kim’s father knocks on Kim’s bedroom door. Kim closes her diary and answers: “Yes? Come in...” Kim’s father opens the door and asks from the door: “I’m going down to the ranch. You want to go with me?”

Kim’s father has a vineyard and runs a wine business. Other than that, he also has a farm which is just next to the vineyard. Kim looks at her father, hesitates for a while. “Hmm… I don’t have any more homework… No activities… Hmm…”thinks by herself before she answers: “Okay, dad. I’m going with you. But, are we going to stay there tonight or are we coming back here?”

Kim’s father replies: “We’re going to stay there for the night. And come back tomorrow morning or noon.” Kim nods and says: “Okay, then wait for me for a while. I’ll pack up some clothes and necessary stuff for the trip.” Kim’s father nods and say: “I’ll wait for you downstairs.” Kim’s father then closes the door and heads downstairs.

Kim opens her diary and writes: “I’m going down to the ranch with dad now. Bye, diary.” Kim then closes her diary and locks it with a small padlock. She stands up and walks towards her study table, opens the drawer and places her diary in the drawer. Kim wears the key of the diary which is attached to a necklace on her neck and hides it in under her shirt. She then walks to her closet, grabs a few clothes and starts packing the necessary stuff into her bag pack.

 

Minutes later, Kim has finished packing all her things, carries her bag and goes downstairs. Kim’s father is sitting on the sofa in the living room, waiting for Kim. “Where’s bro?”asks Kim to her father. Kim’s father lifts both his shoulders up and shows a I-don’t-know face before putting down his shoulders. “I don’t see him anywhere down here.” says Kim’s father. “Hmm… Is he still sleeping?” Kim wonders. “I’ll go upstairs and check.” says Kim to her father, pointing up with her right hand. Kim’s father nods. Kim then walks upstairs and heads towards Jim’s bedroom. Kim knocks at Jim’s door. “Dok, dok, dok… Dude, are you still sleeping?”asks Kim from the door.

There isn’t any reply from inside. Kim tries to open the door by turning the door knob but find the door locked from the inside. Kim then place her left ear on the door and listens. “ZZZZzzzzZZZzzzzz” Kim hears the snoring sound through the door. “Oh my… He’s still sleeping. Hahahha, he sure snores like a dying pig…”chucks Kim. Kim walks to her bedroom and takes the sticky note from her table. She takes a pen and writes: “Bro, Dad and I are going down the ranch and we won’t be back till tomorrow. Remember to dry the laundry later on and make sure to take it in when the sunsets. P.S. Although the whole house is yours now, please don’t mess up my room and DON’T TOUCH my things. Kim.” Kim tears of the piece of sticky note from the whole book and walks toward Jim’s bedroom door. She pastes the note on the door and then heads downstairs.

“Dad, let’s go.” says Kim to her father. Kim’s father stands up and grabs the car keys on the coffee table and walks out of the front door with Kim following behind. After closing the front door and making sure that the gate is locked, both Kim and her father leaves to go to the ranch. (By the way, don’t worry if Jim is being locked inside or not, because he got spare keys to open it.)