Chapter 13: After school...

The Story Of Two Girls♡

Day: Tuesday

Place: Boy’s House (Living Room)

Time: 2:30p.m

“Boy, is there anything to drink? The weather is so hot that it makes me feel thirsty…”Jane complaints as she sits on the sofa. Kim puts down her bag and sits down too.

Boy closes the door behind him and answers: “Go ahead and check the fridge. There’s a few types of drinks inside. Just don’t touch the milk. It’s mine! I’m going upstairs to take a bath first, just make yourself feel at home.” Kim nods and answers:  “Go ahead. We’ll be okay. By the way, where’s aunty?” “She’s working.” Boy answers as he walks up the stairs.

Jane stands up and walks towards the kitchen. She opens the fridge and found cold water, coke, beer, and orange juice.  “Kim, what do you want to drink? There’s water, coke, beer and orange juice.” asks Jane from the kitchen.

“Orange Juice!!!” Kim replies as she sits up and reach for the TV remote control. She switch on the tv and lay back on the sofa.  Jane takes a can of orange juice and a can of coke and walks to the living room. Holding the orange juice and coke, she sits down on the sofa and passes the orange juice to Kim. “Here’s your juice.” says Jane. “Oh, thanks.” says Kim as she takes the orange juice from Jane and opens the can. Kim takes a sip of the juice and then place the juice on the coffee table. Jane instead, finishes her coke at a single gulp since she felt very thirsty.

“ ERKKKKKK!!!” burps Jane loudly after she finishes her coke. Kim who is watching the TV, turn to looks at Jane with a shocked look on her face.  Jane notice Kim’s shocked look and smiles back shyly. “Oppsy… hehe…” says Jane as she covers with her hands and blinks her eye at Kim. Kim laughs at Jane’s action and nudge Jane with her elbow. Both of them crack up with laughter.

Meanwhile,…..

 

Place: Pie’s House

Time 2:35 p.m.

“Mom, I’m home!!!” announce Pie to her mother as soon as she reach home. “Sniff, sniff..” Pie smells something nice.  Pie’s mother comes out from the kitchen with an apron on. Pie walks closer to her mother and gives a peck on her mother’s cheek.

“Mommy, what are you making? I smell something nice as soon as I got in here. Pie’s mother smiles at Pie and say:” Try to guess…” Pie raises her right eyebrow with a curious look. She lifts her head and sniffs, trying to figure out what’s her mom making. “Hmm…. There’s cocoa smell. I think I know the answers…. Chocolate cake??” answers Pie to her mother as she give her mother a delightful smile.

Pie’s mother smiles as she sees her daughter’s delightful face. “Yes, dearie… It’s your favorite that I’m making. But this time I’m going to add strawberries as the topping.” Pie beams at her mother and hugs her mother from the side. “Oh, really??? I love you sooo muchhh, mommy…” Pie’s mother hugs her daughter back. “Pie, have you taken your lunch?” asks Pie’s mother to Pie. Pie recalls back her lunch break with Kim, Jane and Boy. Pie moves away, releasing her mother from her hug. Pie smiles at her mother awkwardly and replies: “Yup, I have my lunch at the school’s cafeteria.” Pie hopes that her mother won’t ask about who she went for lunch with. Pie’s mother looks at her daughter with relieve and says: “Good, I was worried that you didn’t take your lunch and leave your stomach empty until now. I didn’t cook any lunch as I have lunch outside with P’Van’s mother just now and I haven’t finish baking your cake yet.”

“Oh, don’t worry mommy. I know how to take care of myself and most importantly, I won’t leave my stomach empty… Wait a minute, did you just say that you have lunch with P’Van’s mother?” asks Pie. “Yup. She called me this morning and invited me to lunch.” replies Pie’s mother. “How’s aunty? I haven’t seen her for a few months.” asks Pie again. “Well, she’s still the same. I don’t see any changes in her, other than her hairstyle.” Pie’s mother replies.

Pie nods her head gently and asks: “Then what’s she’s doing here? Isn’t she busy with her resort business? And did she ask about me?” asks Pie out of curiosity. “She told me that she’s here for a business meeting and drop by to see me. She did ask about you whether you can cope with your new school and new surrounding and I told her that everything’s just fine with you. And also she say she want to see you but unfortunately she needs to go back soon after her meeting.” Pie nods her head gently again and say: “ Oh, I see…. Right! Erm, mommy, I want to go upstairs to have bath now, I just feel so sticky after the whole morning in school and I need to do homework right after that so… I going to my room now.” Pie’s mother smile at Pie and reply: “Go ahead. I’ll call you to come down to eat when I’m done baking the cakes.”

“Okay, mommy.” Pie replies and she carries her bag and heads upstairs to her bedroom. As she is walking up the stairs, she felt relieved that her mother didn’t asks anything about having her lunch with someone. Pie’s mother also heads back to the kitchen to continue to bake her cake.

Back to where Kim is….

 

Time: 4:15 p.m.

Place: Boy’s House

“Kim, how to spell accessories in English?” asks Boy to Kim. The three of them are in Boy’s study room where it’s a small air-con with a table of six with a computer table on one side and bookshelves on the other side of the room. “I’m not very sure as there’s a lot of c’ss and s’ss in that word. Go look up for the word in the dictionary or else use your smartphone to search for the spelling.” Boy nods with agreement and reach for his smartphone.

Jane, who got stuck with her English essay, is feeling very sleepy. “Kim, I’m so sleepy… urgh! Can I take a nap for a while? I think my eyes are going to fall very soon.” says Jane as she lays her head on the table. Kim stretches herself as she feels tired as well. “Go on and take a nap, I’ll wake you up at 5 p.m. later on.” says Kim to Jane. Jane lifts her head up and say: ”No, wake me up at…. Let’s see, what’s the time now… Huh?? 4.16p.m. already? Omg, how am I supposed to finish this essay this afternoon? I want to finish this as soon as possible though, so that I can have some time to solve the science questions tonight. Is there any way to keep me awake??” Boy who heard everything, lifts up his head and say: “Go and drink a cup of coffee then. Maybe that will help.” Kim nods as she agrees with Boy’s idea. “But, my house doesn’t have any more coffee. So if you want some, you need to go and buy it.” says Boy. Jane glares at Boy and say: “Then what’s the point of mentioning about coffee? I’m so lazy to go buy a coffee especially with this hot blazing sun.” Kim suddenly stands up and says: “I’ll go and buy it. I need one too.”

“Oh, really? You’re a sport, Kim!!! You’re going to the café down the streets right? I want a big cup of ice cappuccino. Help me to pay for it first. I’ll pay you later on.” says Jane to Kim. Kim nods and says: “Okay. Boy? What do you want?” Boy smiles at Kim and say: “Hmmm… I want ice mocha. Medium cup.” Kim walks over to her bag, takes her wallet out from her bag and put her wallet in her pocket. “Okay, I’ll be back in a minute. Keep on doing your essay. Bye…~”says Kim as she wave at Jane and Boy and leave the study room. “Byee…”Jane and Boy reply at the same time. "Be back soon yar! Or else I'll be bullied by this Jane here."says Boy. Jane stares at Boy and looks back at Kim. "Kim, don't help to buy his drink!" orders Jane. "Blerk!!"Jane stuck out her tongue at Boy and Boy does it to Jane as well. "Kim won't be so bad to me. Right, Kim?"says Boy. Kim smiles at her friends behaviour and say:"Don't keep arguing. You guys need to finish your essay as soon as possible." Kim closes the room’s door and walks to living room, exiting the house. She bends down to wear her shoes and walks out of the garage. She looks up at the sky and found that it isn’t as blazing hot as described by Jane. The weather is just nice, the breeze blowing at Kim’s face and the sun is block by the clouds. “Oh, what a nice weather… I don’t need to bring umbrella with me then.” Kim then leaves the house and walks down the street heading towards the café.

 

Place: Pie’s House

Time: 4:25p.m.

“Urgh!!! I just can’t solve this question.” says Pie with frustration. Pie has been trying to finish her science homework given by Teacher Janice. Pie puts down her pen and sits back to stretch her back and her legs. She felt a certain tension on her neck as she has been focusing on her homework for 2 hours. So, she  place her left hand on  her neck and turn her head from right to left for several times to release the tension on her neck. Pie then looks out the window. “Oh, the weather looks nice and breezy.” thinks Pie by herself. Pie stands up, walks towards her bedroom window and opens it. Her upper body moves outwards to feel the breeze blowing against her face. Pie is enjoying the fresh air when her mother suddenly calls Pie from downstairs.

“Pie!!! Can you come down for a minute???”shouts Pie’s mother from below. Pie quickly closes her window, rushes out of her bedroom and run down the stairs to find her mother in the living room. “Yes, mommy? Is the cake done already?” asks Pie to her mother. Pie’s mother smile apologetically to her daughter and say: “Sorry, dear. It’s almost done but I just found out that I forgot to buy fresh strawberries. Do you mind to go and help me buy the strawberries and at the same time, buy something else on this list? I need those for dinner tonight.” asks Pie’s mother to her daughter as she passes the list of groceries to Pie. Pie takes the list and has a look at it. “Sure, mommy.” Pie agrees to help her mother.

Pie’s mother walks to the side table where she always left her handbag and search through her handbag to find her purse. She takes her purse and passes it to Pie. “Asks Uncle Ken to bring you to the nearest supermarket to buy it.” says Pie’s mother. Pie hesitates for a moment and suddenly thought of the café she went before with P’Van and her mother. Next to the café, there’s a supermarket. “Hmm… mommy, I think I’ll just walk there to buy the groceries. The weather is quite nice for a jog and I really need to clear my mind a bit.” says Pie. 

Pie’s mother looks at Pie with a worried look. “Are you sure you want to walk there? Although your father say the security here is quite safe, but you never know what the society these days are capable of doing. Furthermore, the supermarket is quite far away.” says Pie’s mother with a worried look. Pie smiles at her mother and tries to reassure her mother, saying: “Don’t worry mommy. I know how to take care of myself. I’ll bring my phone with me. If anything happens, I’ll shout out loud for help or try my best to call you. Besides, who dares to do anything under broad day light? I’ll be fine…. Don’t worry…” Pie’s mother still has the worried look on her face but she knows that if Pie wants to do something, further argument would be a waste of time. “Huh…”Pie’s mother sighs. “Okay,… but make sure to come home as soon as possible.”says Pie’s mother to Pie.

Pie smiles at her mother and say: “Sure! I’ll go upstairs and change into my jogging clothes.” Pie then rushes upstairs to change her clothes as Pie’s mother walks back to the kitchen to clean up the mess she make while baking cake. Pie changes into her jogging clothes and goes out of her house with the grocery list and her phone.

 

{Hi, thanks for subscribing... Hope you guys enjoy reading it~ Will update soon~ ^^}