Chapter 26: Ratana's Funeral

The Story Of Two Girls♡

Time: 8am

Place: Ratana's funeral

“She’s always so cute and clumsy.. .” says Mike as he pause halfway of his speech to swallow his pain. “I remember once, she woke up late for her classes and she ran all the way to class wearing her slippers instead of her school shoes. Well, of course our discipline teacher wasn’t that lenient, and she was punished to wear a board writing Look! I’m Wearing Slippers! to class that whole day. I’m one of those who laugh at her.”says Mike as he smiles with the thought of Ratana in his memories of that day.

 He then continues: “Arh, there’s another one that I remember, a date at the cinema. I told her the day before that the movie starts at 5 and have promised each other to meet in front of the cinema at 4:30. On that day, I waited in front of the cinema till 6 which of course I have already called her for like sixty times but she never picks up. So I give up waiting, assuming that she’s not coming anymore and I went in to watch the movie alone with popcorns and two drinks. I found my seat and settle down quickly as the people at the back was quite impatient. I put the drinks down and starts biting the popcorn that I bring. Suddenly, someone next to me simply just grab a bunch of popcorn without saying anything. So, I turn to frown at that person. To my surprise, I found Ratana was sitting next to my seat. I learnt that I shouldn’t pass the ticket to her earlier. I was furious at that time, since I waited in front of the cinema for one and a half hour, worrying why she hasn’t appeared yet. But when she looks at me with her big brown eyes, I can’t deny, my heart melted like an ice cream under a hot sun. So, we continue watching our movie….”

 Mike’s smiley face turns into a sad face as his eyes turns teary. “And that’s how she is. Ratana. My sweetest memories…. The most beautiful thing that has ever happen in my life. The girl who made me know and understand the meaning of love. She left me once. And my whole world fell apart. But now, I have lost her forever……..  Someone once told me that when a person past away, their soul could still be around and that they can still see and hear you. Well, if that’s true…  Ratana, if you’re here today, I want to say… that I still love you.”says Mike ending his speech as he wipes off his tears and folds up his paper of speech. He then puts down the mic and left his post.

His funeral speech left many in tears. Pie was one of them even though she doesn’t know Ratana and have never met her before. Somehow, the touching confession of Mike made her heart ache with sorrow. Kim who was sitting next to her passes a packet of tissue to her. Pie thankfully accept her offer but when turns to look at Kim, she sees that Kim’s eyes are red as well and her tears rolling down her cheeks, Pie took a piece of tissue and wipe off her tears for her. Kim swallows her sorrow and gives Pie a small smile to assure Pie that she’s okay. Pie smiles back and hold Kim’s hand to comfort her. Through this whole funeral process, Kim keeps hearing other people’s thoughts about terrible is Ratana’s death. But when Pie holds onto her hands, she hears nothing again… She holds back Pie’s hand tightly.

 

 

Time: 11:00am

After the funeral when the crowd left after offering their condolences to the Ratana’s parents, Kim approach them together with Pie. “Aunty….”calls out Kim to Ratana’s mother. Ratana's mother raise her head to find that Kim is in front of her. Both of them hugs each other with Ratana's mother crying out loud. Kim tries to comfort her by petting her back. After a few minutes of tears, Kim assists Ratana's mother to the chairs and sat down with her. Pie tag along from behind. Kim pulls out a packet of tissue out from her pocket and passes it to Ratana's mother. "I’m sorry for your loss, Aunty…. I know it's impossible to ask you not to cry which I won't. But I pray that you would stay strong for Ratana wouldn't like to breaking down."says Kim in a comforting voice. Ratana's mother accepts Kim's tissue and wipes off her tears. "Oh, Kim…. How can I not be sad? My poor child... *more tears falling down her cheeks*"cries Rat's mother. "My poor child didn't die of sickness or accidents but murdered by someone whom hasn't been brought to justice. Why of all the people my poor Ratana??? Lord, why you took away my child from me????"weeps Ratana’s mother.

“BANG!!!!!” Ratana’s father who was standing by the side, banged the table. “I’m going to find out who the bloody bastard is and I’m going to kill him with my own hands!!!” demands Ratana’s father in a stern voice. He was about to march out of the place when Mike came in to stop him. “Calm down, Uncle. You don’t even know who the murderer is. Aunty needs you to be here. Don’t leave and do unnecessary things now. The police will investigate this case.”says Mike while holding onto Ratana’s father. “How can I calm down?? The police are useless… They won’t even reveal Ratana’s autopsy to us!! They are of no help at all!”shouts Ratana’s father while shoving Mike’s hands on his shoulders. Mike almost falls down when Ratana’s father shove him off but he takes his stand and balances himself. “Look, Uncle. I’ll do whatever it takes to catch the criminal. I’m angry as well. I’m hiring a private investigator to look into this case. For any leads that pops out about the criminal, I’ll inform you right away. But for now, please stay with Aunty. She needs your comfort...”says Mike. “I’ll do whatever I can to help too.. Ratana is my friend and I won’t let the bastard go lose for murdering my friend.”says Kim. Ratana’s mother stands up and walks towards her husband and say:”Honey, Mike’s right… There’s nothing you can do now but stay here with me.” Ratana’s father’s blood shot stare softens down after a few comforting pet on the shoulder from her wife. “Oh, honey…. It’s makes me even more angry that I can’t do anything at all but watch my daughter’s dead body in a coffin and buried under the ground…”cries out Ratana’s father as he kneels down on his knees and sobs. Ratana’s mother hugs his husband.

Meanwhile….

Pie who was waiting outside with Jim in her black dress. She keeps seeing souls walking around. One grandma come and pokes at her with her walking stick. Though the grandma’s walking stick keeps passing through her body but Pie can feel the cold chills at the place where the grandma poke. She tries to please the grandma by offering her respect but the grandma just smiles at her and keeps poking. She didn’t have any option but smile sweetly back to the grandma. But that’s not all she sees… Some of them are partying off at the pavilion, some are sitting by themselves weeping and blowing their noses off without any tissues. Since she’s at the gravevard, well you can imagine how many dead people are buried there and the ugly sight of them simple just scares Pie off. Some headless, handless, legless,, bloody, bodyless, flying heads, dropping eyeballs….But what can she do? Nothing… Unless Kim’s by her side, then she can hold on to Kim which will make these ghosts disappears. Jim who seems to notice Pie’s frustration, ask: “Are you okay? You keep twitching your body and smiling by yourself.” Pie scratches her head, smile awkwardly and replies: “Ohh… err…. I’m just exercising my facial expression and stretching my back… Nothing much… Erm… er…. Why isn’t Kim out yet??? I’ll go and find her….” Pie then quickly escapes to find Kim. Pie doesn’t want Jim to think that she’s weird. Jim smiles in amusement of watching Pie’s behavior. “I’ll wait in the car…”says Jim as he waves his hand and walks away to his car. He walks pass a black car with black window screen. After Jim walks pass the car, the person in the car lowers down his car window. “Yes, sir… Don’t worry. I know how to do my job…”answering his phone. He hangs up, grabs his camera and takes a few photos….

Place: Outside the church

 Pie finds Mike talking on the phone and Mike saw Pie walking towards him as well. He hangs up and nods with a small smile when Pie approaches him. Pie smiles back and asks: “Hey, ermm… Do you see Kim?” Mike answers: “She’s inside with Ratana’s parents… She’ll be out any minute, I guess..” Pie nods and lowers down his head… There was a moment of silence when Pie suddenly breakes the silence by saying: “You really love her, don’t you? I heard your speech earlier… It’s touching…” Mike didn’t answer but lowers down his head. He reaches his hand into his black suit to take the black spectacle from the pocket within. He puts it on and answers back: “Hey… I… er… I need to go now… Nice chatting with you..” Then he walks away without even waiting for Pie to respond… “Oh… Bye…” says Pie behind Mike’s back.

As she watches Mike walks away, something caught her attention. A flash that shines so bright that she has to look away. When she looks back, she see a black sedan car driving away. Behind that black sedan car, she sees a girl…. Ratana…. And she’s pointing to the black sedan car…. Pie turns to look at the black sedan car and which she manage to see his car plate number… RT 1234

“Pie…. Let’s go….”says Kim from behind. Pie turns to find Kim, walking towards her direction. Kim stop in front of her hand and grabs her left hand and say: “Hey, thanks for accompanying me today… It’s a great comfort…” Pie smiles and answers: “It’s nothing… I’m the one who wanted to come..” After answering Kim, Pie turns back to look if Ratana was still there but she sees no one at all… “What is it that you’re looking?” asks Kim. Pie rivets her attention back to Kim and says: “Er… I just saw…” She pause halfway thinking “Kim will think that I’m crazy…” She shakes her head and says: “Nothing… Er… Let’s go… Jim’s waiting..” Kim nods and both of them leave the spot…

 

 Place: Outside Kim’s House

Time: 1pm

A black limousine is waiting outside of Kim’s house. “Woa…. A limo in front of our house… But it’s blocking my way…”says Jim. Jim honks the limousine. Both Kim and Pie who are asleep after the tiring funeral, wakes up in a shock. “Why? What happen??”asks Kim as she adjust her sitting position by sitting upright. Pie rubs her eyes and sits upright as well. “Beepp…Beeepp….”Jim honks again. The limousine’s driver comes out of the limo and runs to the open the car. A handsome young guy wearing a grey suit, steps out of the limousine with his shiny leather shoes. He buttons up his coat, grabs the bouquet of flower from his limo and walks towards Jim’s car. He walks towards the left side of the car, hiding the bouquet of flower behind and knocks at the window. Pie rivets her look to see who’s knocking and to her surprise she sees a familiar face and he is waving at her with a big smile. “You know him?”asks Kim. Pie turns her attention back to reply: “Yea, he’s someone I know…”

Jim says: “Hey, can you ask him to remove his limo? Having a limo doesn’t mean ya have to show it in front of my house…” Pie nods and says: “Sorry… I’ll ask him to move it right away…” Pie opens the car door and walks out to speak with that guy. Kim can see that the handsome guy signals his driver and his driver quickly rush into his limo and drive it aside. Jim then opens the house gate with the remote and drives in. Kim turns to look at Pie talking to that guy. “Who’s that person? He’s boyfriend? But Pie never mentioned about a boyfriend….”thinks Kim by her own. “Kim??”calls out Jim. Kim turns her attention back to Jim and asks: “Yes?” Jim switch off the engine and says: “Quit looking… Let’s go in…” Jim opens the car door, jumps out and shuts the door before walking into the house with Kim following behind. “My sis is going to have a heart break…”thinks Jim. Kim who heard his brother’s thought, turns to look outside before entering the house....

 

 

 

/Sorry~ M.I.A~ haha... Thanks fo the lovely comments... Hope you enjoy tis chap though short~ Have a nice day!! Anyone has any idea when is YoN 2.5 coming out? Pls share some info if u know.. thank u:D/