Let's Play

Best Kept Secret

Yixing and Kai are together, they haven’t proclaimed it to the world, they haven’t declared themselves boyfriend and…boyfriend, but they were together without the need of titles and what not. Yixing belonged to Kai, and Kai belonged to him, and that was what mattered.

Less than 48 hours of being with Kai and Yixing’s still a giddy nervous mess. It’s Tuesday and almost two days since he’d seen the younger male and later in the day he was going to go to Kai’s house. The brick house had become a second home and doing his homework there had become more desirable than going to the library or the cold school rooftop.

Yixing noticed the change, when he sat in the living room working on math problems and Kai had come and sat beside him, looking over his shoulder silently as Yixing worked. It was hard for Yixing to concentrate. He already had a poor attention span and with Kai sitting so close beside him, peering over his shoulder like Yixing was creating a new mathematical theory, it was even harder.

He gets through about half of it before he closes his books and turns to Kai whose eyes had shifted to him.

“What’s wrong,” Kai asks him, his voice filled with amusement.

“I can’t concentrate,” Yixing tells him with a small sigh and a pout.

“Do your homework later,” Kai tells him. “Play with me.”

“I’m bad at video games,” Yixing admits, “Isn’t Chanyeol here? Have him play with you or Sehunnie.”

“Sehunnie,” Kai repeats. “Sehunnie’s with his Luhannie and Chanyeol’s out with Suho.”

“Really they’re all gone,” Yixing asks with a pout.

“Yes really, they’re all gone, so will you play with me?”

“Kai,” Yixing says suddenly. “Are you really not the leader?”

“I thought I told you Suho is the leader,” Kai replies, looking at Yixing slightly confused. “Is this how you’re going to avoid playing with me?”

“You’re the only one that doesn’t use honorifics,” Yixing muses. “No one can keep a secret from you.”

“They don’t try,” Kai says with a smirk. “They say I’m really blunt, I’ve got no real tact so when I’m curious I ask and I get answers. Honorifics are a waste of time to me. Play with me hyung.”

“Stop it,” Yixing says. “It sounds weird whenever you call me Hyung. I like how you say Zhang Yixing better.” Kai grins and presses him down to the sofa, and Yixing grins back at him.

The butterflies never really go away and Yixing doesn’t mind, he hopes that even after the one-hundredth kiss they’re still there, keeping him excited for whatever’s Kai’s planning behind his chocolate brown eyes.

When they’re kissing on Kai’s sofa, Yixing likes how all of Kai’s touches and kisses seem just as planned as everything else about him, like he’d already mapped out the spots that would make Yixing groan and in deep breaths before they even met.

Yixing can tell the younger is experienced or at least more experienced than him, because while Yixing is dealing with the growing desire to touch every inch of Kai he can get his hands on and the embarrassment of being this affected by his first real make-out session. Kai keeps his hands on the pale flesh of Yixing’s waist right above the start of his pants not going any lower or any higher, and kisses the safe places on Yixing, his lips, his neck and jaw.

Kai pulls away, moving his hands from Yixing’s waist to support himself as he looks down at the breathless boy under him. “What’s wrong,” Yixing breathes out, at first he thinks maybe someone returned home, but he doesn’t hear the sound of the door or feet against the wooden floor.

Kai starts to move backward dragging Yixing along with him and when his head is against the arm rest, he pulls at Yixing so that his legs on are either side of Kai’s hips and he smiles again, the same smile from when Yixing said he liked him.

“I like this better,” Kai tells him, placing his hands back on Yixing’s waist. Kai’s got a challenge in his eyes that Yixing’s not sure he’s ready to accept because wanting to touch and actually doing so were two different things, but he leans forward and brings the younger male into an open mouth kiss that has Kai wrapping his arms tightly around Yixing and bringing the bodies closer together. Yixing’s lips explore more than his hands, as he places experimental kisses on Kai’s neck and collarbones.

Yixing’s still really inexperience so he’s not sure of the spots on Kai’s body that’ll have him gasping and groaning. Nor does he really understand the difference between biting and nibbling, and on Kai’s neck like a vampire with no fangs seems too embarrassing to even try. So instead when Yixing kisses along Kai’s jaw line he gives soft like an inexperienced pup trying to figure things out and it keeps him completely red. Kai doesn’t complain or laugh at his inexperience instead he rakes his fingers up and down Yixing’s sides like he’s encouraging the older to continue experimenting.

Just when Yixing starts to gain more confidence and his touches and kisses get reactions out of Kai that Yixing never thought he’d witness his cellphone rings. The shrill preset tone is loud in the relative quiet of the living room and Yixing groans because there’s only three people that actually calls him and he doesn’t want to talk to any of them.

Kai lets go of his waist and Yixing pulls away from the older male, taking his phone out of his slacks and noticing that it’s his cousin calling.

“Where are you,” he hears his cousin ask, as Kai wraps his arms around him and starts to kiss playfully at his neck, doing all the things that Yixing had just learnt to do.

“I’m at the park,” Yixing lies, trying to keep the small sounds of pleasure at bay as Kai fingers accidently brush too close to his crotch while trying to bring himself closer to Yixing.

“No you’re not,” Zitao states. “I was just there and you weren’t. Where are you?”

Making out with Kai had sensations running from the press of Kai’s lips against his down to his crotch. Now, as Kai’s fingers danced playfully close to waistline of his slacks, part of him wanted to throw his head back and let Kai have him completely but Kai wouldn’t and he doubts Zitao would appreciate being ignored, so he swats the younger male’s hand away and focuses on the conversation at hand.

“Shouldn’t you be at training,” Yixing asks huffily.

“It ended early today, where are you,” That’s the third time Zitao’s asked and Yixing can hear the exasperation in his voice.

“I’m walking there now,” Yixing tells his cousin. “Go back to the park Tao; I’ll be there in five.”

“Fine,” Zitao huffs, “hurry up.” Yixing ends the call with a sigh and turns towards Kai who’s staring at him with a look that Yixing can only describe as mischevious.

“You look like a puppy,” Yixing tells him, putting his cellphone back in his pocket.

“That good,” Kai responds. “I like puppies. What animal do you look like?” Yixing shrugs his shoulders and lets his eyes stray to his math book and his notebook that’s one step away from falling off the coffee table.

“I have to go,” Yixing says with a small pout, being with Kai even back when he imtimidated Yixing was still more relaxing than going home and doing nothing or playing 20 questions with Zitao.

“I know,” Kai tells him, and Yixing can feel his eyes continue to watch him even with Yixing staying seated because he really doesn’t want to leave. He eventually starts to grab his textbook and notebook and puts it back in his schoolbag. He then grabs his blazer and puts that on also.

“You look like a bunny,” Kai tells him. “A really cute bunny.”

Yixing wrinkles his nose playfully as he glances at the grinning boy on the sofa. “Do you like bunnies?”

“I do,” Kai tells him with a small chuckle.

“Good,” Yixing states with a grin.


When he walks to the park, Yixing pauses to check himself out in a shop’s window. His hair is ruffled and no matter how many times he tries to fix it, it still looks messy, his shirt is open and exposing his collarbones and his tie is loose around his neck but that’s easy to fix. Yixing’s a little glad that Kai didn’t leave any lasting evidence of their time together and when he’s done looking in the shop’s mirror; he’s heads quickly to the park.

Zitao stares at him like he’s a criminal suspect in an interrogation room, hard and unwavering. “Where were you,” Zitao asks, and Yixing relaxes. He’s never heard of an afterglow from making out so despite how all knowing Zitao wanted to be he wouldn’t know what Yixing was doing.

“Why does it matter,” Yixing asks.

“Gege you haven’t been complaining lately,” Zitao tells him. “You used to always complain about your wasted youth.”

“I figured that I could enjoy it in college,” Yixing says with a shrug, “or next year. Why’d you get out of training early, you didn’t hurt yourself again did you?”

“I’m fine, it ended early,” Zitao answers. “Why are you changing topics so quickly gege? Where are you coming from?”

“I went to a café to get a latte,” Yixing lies again. “Does it matter?”

“No,” Zitao answers. “You just spend so much time out nowadays. You must really be rebelling.”


After eighteen full years of living, late-bloomer Zhang Yixing was finally in the throes of uality. Sure he’d experienced morning wood from barely memorable dreams on many occasions, and yeah he’d watched before, but he’d never felt the full blows of his hormones. Until the night after him making out with Kai, Yixing had never had a full on extremely vivid wet dream. One second he was in total bliss, his eyes nearly closed as he moaned Kai’s name, begging shamelessly for more, and the next he was waking up before the sun with sticky underwear and his hair sticking to his forehead.

Yixing’s body burns with embarrassment as a wounded whimper leaves his lips, he not sure what exactly is more embarrassing the contents of the dream, or the result of it, either way he wanted to hide his face for an eternity.


There were a few things Yixing never thought he’d do in his lifetime, he never thought he’d kill a man, he never thought he’d lie and manipulate, and he never thought he’d sneak out of his house. He never thought he’d have a reason to do any of those things, and apparently he was wrong about the last two, and it was probably only a matter of time before he was a fugitive on the run after murdering someone.

Sneaking out isn’t like the movies, he doesn’t climb out of his window, he doesn’t creep pass doors on the tips of toes, or whisper in a soft voice. His bed is made, and he leaves out the front door, closing it softly behind him. He heads in the direction to the convenience store because Kai doesn’t know where he lives.

Kai meets him at the convenience store in a taxi and Yixing enters it, and leans against the plush seats.

“Where are we going,” Yixing asks with a tired yawn, glad that he didn’t have school the next day.

“Surprise,” Kai answers, his eyes straying to Yixing. “I told you to wear something warmer.”

Yixing looks over to Kai where his huge black coat blends in with the inky dark seats of the taxi cab. “Are we going to be outside for a long time,” he asks, leaning back into his seat as the taxi drives through the neighborhood towards the freeway. It’s still winter and even if the days get warmer than usual the nights tend to freeze over and even though his jacket keeps him warm he’s not sure he can withstand the cold for too long.

“Probably,” Kai shrugs. “I guess if it gets too cold we can go inside somewhere.”

“Are there any places open this late,” Yixing asks next.

“Probably,” Kai says again.

The taxi stops in front of a tall Gangnam Skyscraper, and Kai climbs out first with Yixing following behind him.

“What are we doing here,” Yixing asks, stretching his arms above his head and letting a small yawn escape pass his lips. Kai doesn’t answer despite turning to face the older male, the left side of his lips reaching up in a devilish half smile. He grabs the bright blue hood of Yixing’s jacket and pulls it over the older boy’s head and turns back towards the building, heading into the parking complex below it.


“We are not breaking into an office building,” Yixing states with disbelief, walking fast to catch up to Kai. They’re climbing stairs, Kai taking them two at a time, Yixing nearly jogging up the steps to catch up to him. Only a few minutes ago Kai had led them into the ground floor level of the parking complex and towards a random door that opened to stairs. Now they were heading up, floor after floor, heads down like they’re afraid to get caught by security cameras.

“It’s open to the public” Kai tells him.

“At 3AM,” Yixing asks him.

“Relax,” Kai says like he’s breathing the word out. “No one cares unless we’re bothering them and where we’re going we won’t be bothering anyone.”

“If I get arrested for breaking and entering, I’m going to kill you,” Yixing threatens with a huff.

“Is this Zhang Yixing’s true colors,” Kai asks, laughing slightly. “I should take you on more mildly illegal dates.” Yixing blinks stupidly, glancing up at Kai’s coat covered back, slightly flushed. This was a date? They were on a date together? Yixing refocuses and grins a little.

“There’s no such thing as mildly illegal,” Yixing states softly, there’s no malice to his words as he continues. “It’s either completely illegal or legal.”

“We’re here,” Kai announces standing in front of a door.

“What’s here,” Yixing asks, attempting to look around the younger male. Kai doesn’t answer, he opens the door in from of him with a squeak and ice-cold wind attacks them. Kai moves to the side and lets Yixing go through the door first.

“A rooftop,” Yixing asks, walking through the door and heading deeper onto the lightless roof. “You took me to the rooftop of a 100 meter high building,” he continues, heading closer to the edge.

“Are you afraid of heights,” Kai asks him.

“Why,” Yixing asks, “are we going to jump off?”

“I asked if you were afraid of heights not dying,” Kai tells him, as Yixing turns back to him with a grin of his own. Yixing puffs his cheeks and slowly breathes the air out, grinning at the fact that he can see the white of his breath in the cold night sky.

“This is why I don’t call people hyung,” Kai tells him. “Did you have to repeat a year because you seemed too child-like? You don’t even have a scarf.”

“I’m eighteen,” Yixing says, “and you can’t blame me, this it’s…nice.”

“Come here,” Kai tells him, and Yixing complies, walking towards the younger boy, as Kai slips the straps of his gray backpack off. Yixing watches as he s the bag and pulls out a beer, handing the tall silver can to Yixing.

“It’ll keep you warm for a while,” Kai tells him. Kai puts his backpack back on his shoulder and drags Yixing closer to the rooftop door; he sits on the ground first and leans against the wall. Yixing follows and sits beside him. He pulls the tab of the can, brings the beer to his mouth and taking a hesitant sip.

Beer is bitter, Yixing’s never had alcohol before, even on the rare occasions when his mother allowed him, and the lukewarm drink slips down his throat without the burn that he expected. He catches Kai’s amused eyes from the corner of his own and narrows his eyes at the younger as he brings the drink down from his lips.

“Beer,” he says, “you couldn’t pack a thermos of hot chocolate or something?”

“If I had known I was coming here with a kid I would have,” Kai tells him, breaking their gaze to get something out of his coat pocket. It’s a new disposable lighter, neon green and transparent and looks as if it glows in the dark. It’s the exact replica of the purple one just a different color, and completely new.

Yixing watches the flame brusts through the night sky, and bending and flickering as the winter wind pushes it.

“You don’t seem like the type to be obsessed with fire,” Yixing tells him, taking another sip of the bitter beer. He was starting to get used to the taste, though he doubts he’ll ever truly enjoy the taste, didn’t most people drink alcohol for the side effects anyway.

“Did you think anyone of us seemed like the type,” Kai asks him.

“Chanyeol,” Yixing admits softly. He liked Chanyeol, he liked everyone but Chanyeol upon first meeting had struck him as a bit unpredictable. His hair was an unruly mess of curls and  that grin that he’d flashed Yixing had nearly scared him, maybe it was his voice, or the fact that no one else was smiling that time on the rooftop.

“Please Chanyeol’s a wimp,” Kai says with a laugh, “I’m the real pyromaniac; you should have seen the things I set aflame.”

Yixing grins at that muffling the laugh at the tip of his tongue, “I’ve been waiting for you to set the city ablaze.” He watches as Kai grins even brighter, the flame of the lighter going out as Kai pockets it, and pulls Yixing closer to him, wrapping his arms around the older male.

“I really really like you Zhang Yixing,” Kai whispers, into his ear as they cuddle against each other. “You’re the only one that humors me.” Yixing smiles into Kai’s sweater covered chest, the taste of his first beer long forgotten as he reveled in Kai’s words. It was the first time Kai had told him he liked him and even if Kai had kissed him often, hearing those words made him feel special.


“I don’t think we’re supposed to be here,” Yixing mutters, they’re now sitting in the lounge area of the top floor after heading down from the rooftop. Kai didn’t want them getting cold so he suggested they go inside and now Yixing was sitting on a black leather sofa still sipping his foreign beer.

“Remember what I told you,” Kai asks him, he’s near the huge tinted ceiling to floor window gazing out at the city. “No one care’s as long as we’re not in their way. They cleaned this floor a lot earlier; as long as we’re not throwing trash around we’re fine.”

“But still,” Yixing mutters, “Doesn’t the president or the CEO work on this floor, wouldn’t he be upset if he saw two teenagers just lounging around on his leather seats?”

“Well we’ll never find out since he’s not here,” Kai tells him, turning away from the window and sitting beside Yixing. “We won’t be here for long, just until the trains start running again.” Yixing huffs but he doesn’t complain, he’d take the warmth of the company building instead of the cold of outdoors even if it wasn’t exactly legal.

They talk; mostly it’s just Yixing answering Kai’s questions with hints of commentary from the younger male. Yixing tells Kai why he had to repeat a year, he tells the younger male about Kris and Zitao, and his mother. They linger on the topic of China, Kai has so many questions that Yixing has no problem answering, his voice soft as if he’s whispering.

They accidentally fall asleep on the black sofa, Yixing resting on one side and Kai on the other. They sleep until the low ringing of an alarm has Yixing shooting up and off the sofa, hitting Kai’s arm softly to wake him up.

“What,” Kai groans out.

“You’re alarm,” Yixing tells him, getting his own cellphone out. It’s 5:30am on a Sunday and the trains should have started running by now even though the sun still hasn’t come out. “Are we leaving now?”

“No,” Kai answers with a small yawn. He stands in strectches and grabs Yixing’s hand. “We’re here right, inside of a skyscraper, possibly one of the tallest buildings in Seoul, and the sun’s about to rise.”

“You want to watch the sunrise,” Yixing asks, it sounded interesting but wouldn’t people be inside the building by now.

“Yes,” Kai answers. “I want to watch the sunrise with you. As stupid as it may seem I know you haven’t seen it like this and I want to see your face when you see it.” Kai’s biting on his bottom lip as if he’d just confessed his biggest secret and his eyes are staring out of the window.

“Okay,” Yixing answers.

Kai doesn’t touch him more than necessary, Yixing would find it a bit strange if it was anyone else, but it just seems like a Kai thing so he doesn’t give much thought to it. It doesn’t bother him that they’re sitting against the building’s rooftop entrance, butts on the cold ground and knees knocking into each other’s and that’s that. Kai thinks about him, about the things he’ll like and if that doesn’t say the younger one likes him, then he doesn’t know what.

Watching the sunrise, anticipating it gives it a new perspective than he’d ever experience. He doesn’t focus on just one thing, as the sky slowly goes from black to blue, and light begins to peak through the heavens, he pays more attention it’s gradual growth and more importantly how the peach and yellow light casts a golden glow against the windows of neighboring buildings.

It’s interesting how the buildings farther away from the sun glow, but the ones in the direct path darken into shadows. It’s like a lights show in a way, the pull the sun has makes it seem like the city is starting to wake up and when Yixing heads to the edge of the building, it seems even more alive. There are cars, nicely dressed business men and women, and an overall slow slightly drowsy wakefulness that the city has.

“Do you want to go home,” Kai asks him.

No, Yixing thinks to himself. “Okay,” he says. “If they go back now, he might be able to get home before his mother woke up, if he didn’t he still had a good excuse so he wasn’t too worried.”

Kai walks him home for the first time that day, and as they stood together in the slowly warming glow of the sun on that cold winter morning Yixing turned to Kai, grabbed the front of his jacket and kissed him. A small closed mouth kiss, the first that Yixing had ever initiated. With his eyes closed he begins to countdown. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...and then he pulls away. Kai eyes look towards the house as if he’s expecting Yixing’s mom to come out spewing Mandarin curses, and Yixing looks too but no one appears on the porch.

When he looks back at Kai, Kai’s grinning down at him as his he removes Yixing’s hands from his coat, and says goodbye, kissing the side of Yixing’s head.

Yixing walks into his house as 7:28am in the morning glad to see his mother still asleep. Maybe he’s too confident, or maybe Yixing has bad luck, because of all the things to see in his bedroom when he comes back, he doesn’t expect to see Zitao lying on his bed, playing a game on his cellphone.



About half of this has been proofread, the other half not so much >.< I have class in two and a half hours so what nothing to do I decided to update. Anyway I first thought I had a thing for KaiXing kissing but apparently I have a thing for KaiXing kissing when Lay's so adorably inexperienced. Even though I didn't respond I read everyone's comments for the last chapter and they were all so cute sorry I never wrote back!