When The Film Reeled: FINALE

'Holding On' Series When The Film Reeled : The Second Chance

‘Holding On’

Book 1

When The Film Reeled

 

“Don’t hold on to someone, if you’re already holding someone else’s hand.”

 

Chapter 10: Eternal Sunshine

Finale

___________________________________________________________

 

Sighing and then huffing and then sighing again.

Kyuhyun’s been apprehensive ever since he stood where he was right now.

He was constantly looking at his watch, to the very few guests looking at him and snickering at his nervousness.

Well, it can’t be help.

He was going to meet him, someone who has continuous hold of who he really is, of who he will become and of who he was.

Life is indeed like a movie.

We were the characters of our own script, our own story line, and our own plot. We will choose if the story will proceed with you being played by the events or you who create it.

And Kyuhyun preferred making his own miracle.

A warm small hand tugged his; he stared down at the call of attention to look into the innocent eyes of the small brunette. Cheeks puffed and nose slight red at the dropped of temperature, it was an early morning of January and here they were outside, clad in black to shield themselves from the chill of the winter.

“Daddy, why are you so nervous stop fidgeting.” The kid pouted a signature pout, one he could never miss.

“And you little man should not be too adult-like, believe me, I’m more nervous when I’m standing next to you. You talk about really unbelievable questions…”

“Then stop fidgeting Daddy, it won’t help really…”

“And stop being stubborn, God! Sometimes I wonder where you got that from.” Kyuhyun surrendered

 

The little boy burry his nose on his scarf and began to hum in disagreed murmur, eyeing his father with the same eyes as his father uses to look at him.

“Stop mumbling Kyungjo.”

“I am not mumbling.”

The small crowd begun to chatter as the door opened to a ray of Sunshine in the middle of winter, a sunshine much brighter than the sun.

Kyuhyun’s miracle.

Sungmin seemed to move in slow motion, that wherein you can almost imagine a whole life in front of you, imagining waking up with that scent and that loving face.

The pictures of a once stilled frame began to rotate, another cycle of lives and another chapter.

Sungmin had the brightest most beautiful smile, trying to reach out to Kyuhyun from where he sat. A little bit pale, but nevertheless stunning.

Sungmin might not be able to walk down the aisle for his own wedding but this make it much more meaningful than any other walk.

3 years ago, when Sunkyu pulled the trigger, Kyuhyun thought that it was Sungmin his ex-wife targeted, but it was him and Sungmin saw it. Covering him from the fatality, his lover took the shot and Sunkyu received the shot from one of the police which led to her demise. The shot at first wasn’t that lethal, it was just a simple gunshot through the pelvic bone and it was immediately treated surgically but what they didn’t expect is Sungmin’s pregnancy.

 Sungmin gave birth to Kyungjo, his little miracle, the child birth caused a traumatic damage to his spine in additional to the crack the bullet gave him, paralyzing his whole body from waist down, the rehabilitation took so much toll that he had barely took care of his own son, but Sungmin, though tired from all the therapies kept trying, until a year to this date when the doctors reveal that he cannot recover from the injury.

But the only regret they had was the postponement of their wedding.

And here they are.

“Hey Kyu, I’m sorry I can’t stand up okay…” Sungmin said, voice cracking a bit as he saw how Kyuhyun’s expression was about to break, looking at him with so much love and so much happiness.

“No worries…” Kyuhyun chuckled taking hold of the wheelchair, and slowly pushing it towards the minister who’s readying himself to bond them forever.

“I can always kneel down and ask for your hand.”

Kyujong walked towards Sungmin, holding his hand, assisting him to the remaining length of the aisle.

The music played softly and the minister begun the ceremony, just like in the movies, where the two people made for each other said unbreakable vows. Begged and received love at the same time looked at each other like they were both the salvation of each other’s lives.

Sungmin looked up at Kyuhyun and he saw something, a memory from a very very long time ago, and when Kyuhyun’s tears fell when he brought out from his pocket a silver harmonica, one that Sungmin haven’t seen from such a long time he understood which memory of Kyuhyun he remembered.

“Do you know how to play it?” With shaking voice Kyuhyun asked and Sungmin smiled so sweetly, shaking his head vigorously, the same as the response he had back then.

“Then listen well okay? I’ll make the each and every night, for the rest of our lives… less suffocating for you.”

Thus the curtain closes.

And the movie you never wanted to end, bid its finale.

-END-

 

A/N: Hi everyone, Are you okay… Thank you so much for staying tuned to this fic of mine, I hope the ending mark significance in your memories, I hope this is one of those fics that will etched into your hearts and mind. I wanted to leave a piece of this in each and everyone of you.

This is bomchii97. Sincerely thanking you in your patience in this 2 years in the making fic.

P.S. If you can’t remember where I get the last part, try refreshing your memory on the very first chapter of the book I of my WTFR series.