Book I.2 Chapter 8 (part 2)

'Holding On' Series When The Film Reeled : The Second Chance

‘Holding On’

Book 1

When The Film Reeled

 

“Don’t hold on to someone, if you’re already holding someone else’s hand.”

 

Chapter 8: My Thoughts, Your Memories

Part 2

___________________________________________________________

 

His hands tilted the cold coffee, the dead look in his eyes foretold the woman in front of him that he wanted to stop this nonsense, he wasn’t a bit interested of what she has to say. But, out of curiosity he agreed to meet the least person he wanted to talk to right now.

“Come on, I know it wasn’t because you wanted to see me that you called me out secretly, spill it out, I don’t have the whole day.”

His bored voice with an accent made the woman laughed sarcastically. She unclasped her hand and took a sip of her own drink.

“I never thought you’d be this impatient.” She said with her sweet voice. “Stalling won’t do me any good I guess.”

“I’m glad my message was clearly understood.” The younger man replied. “So spill it out.”

She purses her lips and her smile faded to aloofness. “You know about Lee Sungmin and my husband’s affair, am I right?”

The question piqued the younger’s interest, but nevertheless he remained stone faced about it.

“You put it so bluntly, I never would have thought you’re pertaining to someone you really love.”

The woman laughed. “Love? Is that even in consideration at this age?” she replied. “It’s more like a negotiation; people don’t marry now because of affections or such silly things…”

The younger man nodded his head. “I guess, you’re right about that… but please, let’s not be hypocrites… you would never care about your husband’s affair if he’s not someone you once had loved.”

The actress looked distant for a moment but then regained her composure as quick as it came. “Well, let’s just say things changes. So… you knew about the affair.”

“Of course.” The younger man answered clearly. “What about it then, you want me to talk to Sungmin and convinced him to let your husband go?” A lonely chuckle escaped his lips. “I’ve already done that, and we both know we’ll just fail.”

“I’m not asking for such petty thing, I’m not even requesting.” She smiled as if the topic was absurd enough as it is. “I’m telling you, it won’t end well. Take him back to where he hid from…”

“Do you think I could just do that.” The coldness from his voice made the woman stop. “You have no idea how tenacious those two can be… because if we both gave up on the concept of love, those two haven’t.”

“But logic is still more than formless things called feelings. Resolves can melt even the strongest metals.” She retorted. “And if we speak of tenacity, I’m more tenacious than they could ever imagine…”

The younger man looked at her questioningly.

“And I know…” she continued. “That you too is as selfish as me… do you remember, how you lied to Sungmin, or should I say, how you hid the fact that Kyuhyun came chasing after him for three years and you never told anything about it… you were the one who never allowed them to meet, you were the one who implanted on Sungmin’s mind that Kyuhyun never even tried to find him.”

He was quiet for a moment and the anger boiled inside him, trying his best to keep his composure he asked. “What are you trying to do, black mail me?”

“Hmm, of course, If Sungmin knew he will never forgive you, and knowing you, who loved him so much won’t live with that.” She laughed. “But, no, I’m not doing such thing… I’m here, as I said, to negotiate. I want Sungmin out of Kyuhyun’s life for good, and I will do my best to achieve that, even if it means I have to kill him.”

The younger man’s fist clenched at this threat. “You wouldn’t dare-“

“Of course I would. I even made Kyuhyun almost lose his life twice, because of his stubbornness. And he is, someone I loved.”

“What did you say?” The younger’s voice turned fierce.

“I simply pulled a few strings here and there… Kyuhyun just won’t listen and he prefer that over me… of course, it will piss me off.” She answered bluntly. “Mauling is just something I love, it’s a step on his pride.”

“How sure are you that what you say now won’t reach Kyuhyun’s and Sungmin’s knowledge?”

“Because ‘love’ is selfish.” She replied. “And you, as we speak, are the best example of it. Take Sungmin away from here, you can destroy Kyuhyun in his eyes once more, just like what you did back then, take him away and never show your faces again or else-“

“Or else what?” he said challenging the deranged woman in front of him.

“Or else I will kill my own cousin.” She said without any sign of hesitation. “I can do that, everyone dances around my palm, including Sungmin’s own father who had lived his life with his son, loathing him.”

“And you Henry-ssi, will do exactly as I told, you’re one of the pawns, I wanted to kill Sungmin but I decided a more severe punishment, one that would make him wish he never even lived.”

“You will benefit from this, he will be forever yours. I’m making a very generous offer.”

There was a moment of silence followed by Henry’s chuckle of delight. “Okay…” he laughed. “I would never think someone would make my job easier.”

“ Remember, if you backed out on me, I would know and Sungmin will not only know your own offense but he will surely die while he learned about your betrayal. I’ll make sure of that.”

“No need to be so scary woman, I know what I should do… consider the passports and the plane ready. We’re leaving sooner than you imagined.”

***

“Sungmin, we only have a few minutes. I’m sorry to say this but you have to hurry…” Hyukjae’s remorseful voice was quiet, amidst the soft beeping of the monitors attached to Kyuhyun. Sungmin was just sitting at the bedside chair.

“A few minutes…” he whispered as he traced the lighting bruises on Kyuhyun’s face, the man had recovered and was currently sleeping the effects of morphine, luckily his head wasn’t traumatized. Sungmin smiled softly. “I wish he could wake up…”

“He woke up earlier today but he slept right after asking silly questions… mainly about you.” Ryeowook said softly. “I wish you could’ve been here earlier.”

“Please watch over him Ryeowook-ah, I won’t be able to visit for a while, Sunkyu’s always here. I think she doesn’t want me near him.”

“I know, I get it.” He replied looking at the director who never even strayed his eyes away from Kyuhyun’s face. “You should go, Sunkyu will be back any minute now, and reporters may came flooding at the doorstep. They would ask questions…”

Sungmin smiled melancholically. “I guess I should go…” he muttered dejected. He brushed a strand from Kyuhyun’s forehead and leaned in to place a soft kiss on Kyuhyun’s forehead.

“I’ll be back.” Sungmin whispered before unwillingly prying himself away, Giving Ryeowook an appreciative smile before going out the door.

It was not too long before Kyuhyun stirred from his slumber, opening his eyes and looking around the room.

“You’re awake, are you hurt? Do you need something?” Ryeowook asked but Kyuhyun just smiled.

Ryeowook realizing the instinct Kyuhyun has, smiled in return. “For someone who got mauled and was knocked out for 3 days, you sure are giddy.” He asked teasingly.

“I think… I had a very nice dream.” Kyuhyun replied before once again closing his eyes, never missing a single drop of tear that fell when he went back to sleep.

“That’s it.” Ryeowook whispered almost inaudibly. “Just continue dreaming, Kyuhyun-ah.”

***

“Sungmin, please don’t cry.” Hyukjae sighed looking at the man beside him. Sungmin just got discharged from the hospital, they were currently on the road and they were very silent.

It was the only chance Sungmin has to see Kyuhyun, he had endured not seeing the man’s condition for the last three days and it was pure torture. Sunkyu made her point that she doesn’t want him near Kyuhyun, and the media who’s all about the news of Kyuhyun’s incident. They were just days away from the initial press conference of the movie and with the things going on their personal lives; it was hard to keep tabs.

“I’m sorry Hyukjae… I’ll stop now.” Sungmin choked back the tears that were about to fall, and looked straight to the road.  “I’m getting too emotional for my own good.” He chuckled half-heartedly.

“Kyuhyun’s gonna be fine. Don’t worry too much. What you should think about now is how you should take care of yourself, you’re too fragile.”

“Stop pinpointing it Hyuk.” Sungmin dejectedly answered. “I’m not fragile.”

“Yes you are.” Hyukjae teased, lightening up the tension, earning a sincere laugh from his friend.

“By the way Min… I hate to meddle but, have you checked with Dr. Park your condition? Does he have any new findings or such…”

Sungmin’s laugh dissipated and he stared blankly at the road ahead. It took him a few minutes of silence pondering what he had just found out.

“Hyukjae, I have-“

He was about to tell it to his best friend when his phone rang.

And a number he didn’t knew appeared on the screen.

“Who’s that?” his friend asked curious at Sungmin’s reaction.

“I didn’t know.” Sungmin answered apprehensively, bringing the phone to his ear to answer.

“Sungmin-ah”

It was a voice he haven’t heard for years, not in his wildest dreams would he imagined he will be hearing it, he froze right on the spot.

“Sungmin-ah, I’m sorry if this is a bad time, and I know I’m the least person you wanted to talk to but, can I ask you a favor son…”

“Please… see your father.”

Sungmin’s mind almost screamed out all his loathing but he tried to be a civilized person and answered, though he was unsure of how it would turn out.

“Why would I come to the person who tried his best to get rid of me.”

The woman from the other line sighed, and a sob followed it, making Sungmin’s heart clench in a mixture of hatred and pity.

“Please, Sungmin-ah… your father wanted to see you, he’s- son… he’s very critical right now. Please, let us see you.”

 

***

You, who smiled at me.

You were a dream to me.

You were everything to me.

If I knew that being by your side would bring happiness.

I’d be there, even if it hurts.

 

TBC

 

A/N: I know, It’s short and there were very few Kyumin moments, let me make it clear folks, we are only down to the last 2 chapters. 2 long parts for Chapter 9 and Chapter 10 for the Epilogue. I’m sorry if this chapter is a bit boring but I want you to brace yourself for the last ones. We’re reaching the end and I thank you all for staying.

BTW. The pilot chapter of STORM had been posted, to those of you who are interested on this extremely difficult plotted fic, you can check out the first chapter. I hope you find it interesting because, believe me. If you love WTFR, I think you’ll love this even more.

Thanks for the support, till my next update guys. I promise it won’t be too long.