Book I.2 Chapter 7 (Part 2)

'Holding On' Series When The Film Reeled : The Second Chance

 

‘Holding On’

Book 1

When The Film Reeled

 

“Don’t hold on to someone, if you’re already holding someone else’s hand.”

 

Chapter 7: Dropping Rain

Part 2

___________________________________________________________

 

***

The office door burst open to welcome the raging man.

Not once had Kyuhyun lose his cool, not once did he try to confront those people who tried so hard to destroy him and the person he loves, not once did he try to set things right by facing it head on… but he did. He didn’t know where he found all the courage to do so but he has it, and he will use it.

“Kyuhyun…” the old worn out voice of Sugnmin’s father beat the younger man into words. Eyes peering over him uninterestedly over the paper works that contain s compared to what Kyuhyun had found out.

“What the is wrong with you?” Voice shaking at the intensity of his disrespectfulness but he didn’t flinch. “You did that… to your own son.”

“Mind your tongue… I don’t have-“

“Don’t play crap coz it’s not working on me!” Kyuhyun kicked the wooden chair in front of the desk of Lee Sungmin’s father, finally earning recognition of the severity of the situation. “You have your only son, Sungmin. And you monster almost killed him four years ago…”

“What are you talking about?” The old man frowned placing down his work to look disapprovingly at the man in front of him. “I think I specifically told you, that I disinherited that ungrateful little the moment I learned what disgrace he has brought into the family…you know that Cho and you too, complied to it!”

“Do not put it on me because you know that it was against my will! You did that!” Kyuhyun huffed slamming the table with his palms. “He was there… on my engagement day and what did you do?”

The elder looked down, sighed as if the topic bored him to death, making Kyuhyun’s anger lit up if that was even possible.

“I only did the best, if he came barging in like that it will be too much of a humiliation…” The man spoke removing his eye glasses to press on the bridge of his nose. “And besides, it was just a shove, he’s so incapable to withstand a small push and he fell down the stairs… If I remember correctly, that actor… Lee Hyukjae came to help him out-“

Kyuhyun’s anger exploded at that moment, mind blacking out all of a sudden, he crouch down across the desk to reach for the man’s collar hoisting him up, shaking in anger.”

“You did what?”

Kyuhyun’s fury is clear on his words, eyes boring to the oppressed man whose struggling in his grip.

“Wha- What the hell are you doing you ungrateful punk!” The older man shouted trying to remove himself from Kyuhyun’s hand.

“YOU! Sungmin and I lost everything because of YOU!” Kyuhyun shouted tears of pure animosity flowing down his eyes. “I can kill you… I will kill you!!”

“What’s the meaning of this?!”

The door burst open only to let Sunny witnessed a scene she was not expecting. She hurriedly walked towards Kyuhyun who’s still clutching Lee Sungmin’s father’s collar with vice like grip.

“Kyuhyun, what are you doing stop this… are you insane?” Sunny pleaded tugging on Kyuhyun’s arm that still resisted letting go.

“Kyuhyun... I said let him go!” Sunny raised her voice threateningly and as if on cue Kyuhyun let go of the man but not without shoving him forcefully.

Coughing profusely, Mr. Lee nursed his neck.

“What happened here? Why are you at each other’s throats?!” Sunny asked pulling Kyuhyun towards her.

Kyuhyun didn’t speak another word, instead, he grabbed the next thing he could grab which is the glass name plate on Lee Sungmin’s father’s desk and threw it against the opposite wall shattering the expensive displays into pieces.

“KYUHYUN!” Sunny shouted her eyes full of worry and fright.

“Don’t you come near me nor Sungmin again… If you do I will destroy you…” Kyuhyun pointed at the man before removing himself from his wife’s grip.

“Sungmin?” Sunny turned towards Sugnmin’s father. “What’s this got to do with Sungmin-oppa?”

Kyuhyun never said anything, he was too furious to spoke another word nor to explain to Sunny what is the meaning of this ruckus, he was too preoccupied by his emotions that he stormed out of the room without even explaining to his wife.

“Kyuhyun… where are you going?” she called out but it was ignored until the door to the office slammed close.

Huffing in annoyance she turned towards Sungmin’s father who seemed to weak to say anything.

“Why are you still here?” the old man growled at her, eyes b in unshed tears, looking with hatred at the young actress. “This is what you want right? For me to disinherit my only son, to destroy his life… isn’t this what you exactly want… am I right? LEE SUNKYU!!”

Sunkyu stared down at the man, her lips turning to a smirk as she rolled her eyes. “You were the one who put this upon yourself, you were the one who preferred saving his own than going to jail because of the crime you did, your son is just paying the price…”

“You killed my grandchild!”

“NO!” she shouted. “You did that.”

Lee Sungmin’s father broke down into tears. “My poor son… my poor Sungminnie…”

“That son of yours should just lived his life in America and never came back. Because of him my Kyuhyun is becoming like that… because it was always been him, that who keep trying to get everything from me… he deserved this.”

“Are you going to get Kyuhyun kidnapped again and mauled to death?! That poor kid didn’t even know that it was you… it was you all along.”

“Of course.” She purse her lips looking at the door where Cho Kyuhyun just left. “And we will keep it at that until I get rid of everything… including your only son.”

“You little wench!”

Mr. Lee jumped off from behind the desk to grab Sunkyu but a sudden shot of chest pain hit him and he crouched back down.

“What are you doing… are you trying to kill me?!” She shrieked looking down at the man who suddenly fumbled over his desk in search of something, and once a white pill bottle was seen he immediately grabbed it, opening the bottle with difficulty.

Sunkyu grabbed the pill bottle and threw it across the room.

“If you’re going to change your mind and stabbed me in the back then I will stop you. It’s better for you to die first if you’re gonna be messing with my plans.” She stated before stomping towards the door leaving the old man crouching on the floor, losing consciousness.

***

CRASH!

Sungmin were left stunned as he looked at the pouring rain outside the hospital window, a lightning bolt stirred him awake from a dreamless sleep, though it still kept him bothered. He was still confined because Dr. Park insisted on doing so, more tests would be performed because his body is, yet again anemic and his blood pressure keeps on staying at a lower range.

“What happened?” Hyukjae stirred awake from the bedside couch looking at his friend with droopy eyes. “Are you in pain or something?”

Sungmin looked warily, eyes not leaving the shattered glass. He was in pain, but he didn’t knew exactly where.

“I’m fine…” he answered not even sure if he was really okay. It was as if something will happen, a dread that he cannot shake off. He suddenly, out-of-the-blue think of his father, he was not even in contact with the man since that meeting before the start of the film and he knew nothing about him since he got disinherited but he thought of him, which is exactly weird and foreign in every way possible.

And then he thought of Kyuhyun.

“Where’s Kyuhyun?” He asked remembering how the man weeps against him for quite some time before they both fall asleep and when he opened his eyes it was Kyuhyun kissing him in the forehead saying that there’s something he needed to do and left.

“He hasn’t called yet since this morning when he asked me to look after you in his place…why? You cannot contact him too?”

Sungmin stared at his cellphone, lying still for hours on the bedside table, he was worried about Kyuhyun but there’s still one more person he haven’t seen since the confrontation.

“How about Henry? Did he came by…” his question were silent, almost inaudible but it didn’t escape Hyukjae’s ears.

“He called me last night, asking if you’re okay.” Hyukjae opened up. “I told him to come over so that he could come visit you but he refuses, apparently he still can’t face you after all that ruckus.”

Sungmin sighed lightly, it was hard for him to be away from the younger man without fixing up their misunderstandings, Henry didn’t mean to be like that, he knew it… but hearts that had been hurt have a tendency to get irrational.

“I wish he could come by… I missed him.” Sungmin said clasping and unclasping his hands.

“I’m sure he’ll get to his senses anytime soon, that kid can’t even resist you…” Hyukjae chuckled lightly.

Another bolt of lightning made an ear splitting crash and Sungmin can’t help but looked warily, a bit shaken by the possible thunderstorm that’s coming their way. It was a rare sight in Korea but it’s still made him feel uneasy.

The light followed by his ringtone from his phone relieved the emptiness after the last thunder and Hyukjae hurriedly picked it up. Sungmin stared at his bestfriend who seemed to lighten up when he saw the caller ID of the person contacting him.

“You’re such a psychic… we were just talking about you man, Sungmin’s looking for you, where are you?”

Sungmin’s lips curved into a smile when he realized who the caller might be, he was gesturing for Hyukjae to hand over the phone to him when the said man’s expression turned in a way he didn’t expect.

“Huh? What did you say?”

“No, he was here earlier, he didn’t say when he’d come back-“

Hyukjae looked at Sungmin who’s mouthing the word ‘Why’

“What?!”

“Okay okay, I’ll be on my way…”

Hyukjae put down his phone, still with a complex expression of worry in his face. He seemed hesitant but Sungmin’s face show the same expression he has.

“What is it? Who called?” Sungmin asked, his hands trembling for some unknown reason.

“It’s Henry, he was just outside…” he started. “He said he saw Cho Kyuhyun being taken from an ambulance to the ER… he said he think Kyuhyun’s been mauled.”

 

TBC

I'll say this words to your heart
Because your heart was crying and the rain was falling
Because my heart was crying
My tears falls down
Because I loved you
I couldn't hold you back

 

 

 

**Yes! I’ll be updating this, I’ve finally made up my mind about not giving up on KyuMin, hope everyone will accept my fics and my decision. I’ll continue sailing and Sungmin’s wedding won’t stop me…

Hope you enjoyed this update… ^__^