Book I.2 Chapter 1 (part 1)

'Holding On' Series When The Film Reeled : The Second Chance

‘Holding On’

Book 1

When The Film Reeled : The Second Chance

 

“Don’t hold on to someone, when you are already holding someone else’s hands.”

 

Chapter 1: Love Dust

Part 1

___________________________________________________________

 

 

Kyuhyun woke up with the sun blinding his eyes. The spring is almost over and the changing of seasons towards the summer is obviously creeping through the heat he was currently feeling.

 

He looked at his wife, sleeping beside him, she's been thoughtful and kind for the past 4 years of their marriage but it wasn't enough. She's an actress, and she's passionate in her job but that passion is only for her career, she loves him but the film industry is her life. A child might've changed everything, but Sunny refused to bear one.

 

Not that he was complaining, he burried himself to the progress of the company, he had worked his off and succeeded. His plan for revenge had been pushed back and his anger for himself is the reason why.

 

He submit himself and had given up. It doesn't matter anyways, his will to take back what is his had been long gone. It dissappeared together with the only person he loved.

 

He looked at himself in the mirror, he appeared older than his age, he looked tired and hopeless. Letting out a heavy sigh, he moved towards the bathroom and tried to clean himself up, this day, is different from any other days in the past four years, this day, is the day he will meet him again.

 

Placing himself under the shower he begun to remember the memories that keep haunting him. The touches he yearned to feel again, the lips that made his heart jump off his chest. The smile that kept him sane, the love that kept him alive.

 

Along with the happy thoughts, the nightmare follows. Sungmin's begging, the way the color drained from his face the moment he said he didn't want him anymore, the tears that the other kept hidden pouring out from those beautiful eyes, and Sungmin leaving without even saying goodbye.

 

He didn't know why Sungmin agreed to come back, all he knew is that a film has to be made it was the creation of a famous script writer who happened to be Sungmin's mentor back when he was a student. He had asked the other to return to Korea to give life to his last creation before retirement. The plot is unknown to them but it sure made some buzz, actors keep aspiring to be the main character and everyone is anticipating for what they had named "the most heartbreaking drama."

 

Excitement and anxiety came pouring into him when he was asked to produce the film, Sungmin's father couldn't do anything about it of course, he had protested over and over again but it was after all a good source of popularity and income, placing that on the line he had agreed. 

 

And then the day comes when they will have to face the one man they neglected.

 

"Kyuhyun, honey, are you off to work now?" The half awake Sunny spoke.

 

"Yeah." He responded fixing his tie in front of the mirror. "A VIP is coming."

 

Sunny bolt upright. "Oh my god. This is the day of the meeting. Sungmin-oppa is attending right?"

 

Kyuhyun heaved a deep breath before answering with a nod.

 

"I don't know what is he thinking when he accepted that project, I mean, when uncle disinherited him, shouldn't he be ashamed of returning here." She pondered trying to place herself comfortably on the bed.

 

Kyuhyun closed his eyes for a while he remembered how he begged for the disinheritance and the removal of the registry, he  even kneeled for Sungmin to not be disregarded as part of the Lee family but it was all put to waste and he hated himself more after that. He should have run away with Sungmin when he had the chance.

 

A year after the disinheritance a news break out honoring Lee Sungmin for a movie that became a hit and his father had been furious and humiliated, he smiled despite the chaos. Sungmin did it. He finally reached the point where no one could cross him, a point where even he, Cho Kyuhyun, couldn't reach.

 

***

 

"You told me you'll be here."

 

Sungmin spoke straight English in a stern manner as he picked up the few things he might be needing for today's agenda. He's currently talking with someone in the phone and obviously he's not the least bit happy about the preposition of the person from the other line.

 

"Babe you know I have schedules right, my connecting flight would be delayed."

 

"Oh, for Pete's sake! You have private plane, just get in here!"

 

"Did you miss me that much baby?"

 

The question made Sungmin stop in his tracts for a few second a smile spread accross his face.

 

"Don't be too cocky babe, you know I needed you today."

 

There was an audible sigh from the other line and Sungmin just can picture the serene face of the person he was just talking to.

 

“Baby…” the voice from the other side is still playful yet it holds a different sincerity than the previous statements. “You’re strong, they can’t cross you now, and you’re too far from their reach. Don’t let the past get to you. If you still think it’s unbearable then don’t come, if you think you can kick their asses, in which I bet you would, then go for it baby… I’ll be there in a short while.”

The encouraging words were enough to bring out the best of Sungmin’s smile. The person on the other line were usually not this gentle and wise, he was a bastard, a pain in the and a cocky rich kid who only knows the luxury of life, but fortunately he saved Sungmin. He saved Sungmin in his toughest of time.

“I hate it when you’re right.” Sungmin sighed in defeat slumping towards his computer chair staring towards the characters on the open monitor. “I guess I’d be going then, I’m already late by 10 minutes and the travel towards the building will take almost half an hour…” Sungmin giggled and the man from the other line laughed so hard Sungmin pictured the other rolling on the floor.

“That’s so unlike you babe. Tell me the look on their face when you arrive okay?”

“I’ll show it to you.” Sungmin said confidently.

“Sungmin! What the hell is taking you so long!!” The front door of Sungmin’s condominium burst open revealing a very annoyed Hyukjae.

“I have to go Henry, the primate is here.” Sungmin chuckled knowing that a full sentence English will confuse the actor.

“What the hell did you just say, I don’t fully understand it but I know you humiliated me with something close to the name ‘monkey’.” Hyukjae said hoisting his feet towards the center table making Sungmin’s nose scrunch.  “And is that Henry you’re talking to? Tell him to come faster, I hate to babysit.”

“Shut up Hyuk.” Sungmin retorted and the man from the other line laughed some more.

“Tell him to come take me to one of the hottest spot in Korea…” Henry requested earning a disapproving look on Sungmin’s face.

“Donghae would kill him.” Sungmin replied making Hyukjae gaze questioningly at them. “Anyways, I really have to go, please do rush, I want you to be here.”

“Of course…” Henry replied and then he says his final goodbye before hanging up.

“You too really seemed cozy, how long have you been together?” Hyukjae asked receiving a small smile from the man who used to be so depressed.

“We’re not together, we just like to call each other by pet names and such, and he’s sweet and caring though he’s sometimes complicated and spoiled.” Sungmin explained to Hyukjae reverting back to his native language, making his bestfriend smile at the gesture.

“The last time I saw you back in America two years ago you could barely laugh and talk, I guess Henry’s a magician, bringing back your cheerful self. Remind me to thank him.”  Hyukjae said tapping the crown of Sungmin’s head.

“Yeah well if it weren’t for him, saving me in the airport back to the day I first step foot on New York then I might’ve died. The pain back then was so unbearable, there’s no physical pain I could match with that.” The sadness in Sungmin’s tone were evident and Hyukjae almost curse himself for bringing back the issue but the moment he saw the fire in Sungmin’s once dead eyes then he thought that the other had finally moved on and is ready to come back, to face his past, the people who neglected him, the people who left him.

He’s not a bit worried, Sungmin’s a genius, no one can harm him now, what is he worried about is not the circumstances and the other people who might bring Sungmin down, what is he most afraid of is letting Sungmin continue this work under the only person who could do damage to him.

Hyukjae held Sungmin’s hand making the director look at the other.

“Are you sure you’re ready to meet him?”

The question is sincere and Sungmin, though he’s nervous, believe that choosing to come back and do this project is the right choice. After this, he will return to the states, he will never again show up in front of the man who made him change so drastically.

“Of course.” He answered. “How could I not be ready, it has been 4 years Hyuk… it’s time for me to return the favor.”

***

“What the hell is this! Where is he?!” The chief director, which happens to be Sungmin’s father, bellowed inside the meeting room voicing out the annoyance of the other board of directors and sponsors who planned their day to be dedicated to the biggest project of the year, everyone’s set, the bosses are on their respective seat. The only one missing is the director of the film.

“Calm down…” one of the oldest member of the board sighed towards the raging man. “We should just wait, maybe something came up that’s why Director Lee cannot come in time.”

“He’s never late!” the chief shouted once again. “That boastful kid!”

Kyuhyun tried to calm his nerves, it was true, back then, Sungmin is never late, he was always on time or earlier than the required time. It made his heart dread the meeting even more, what had happened, did Sungmin get lost or caught up in something? Did Something happened in the road? The string of unnecessary thoughts raced through Kyuhyun’s mind and he too couldn’t calm himself.

What did Sungmin look like after all this years?

“That ungreatful little bastard! We accepted the offer to produce the film because it’ll sure be a hit but on the first day! I don’t remember raising him as an irresponsible kid!”

“Oh! That’s the thing… you didn’t raise me mister… as far as I remember, my nannies raised me.”

A soft voice echoed from the door and an ash-blonde young looking man appeared dressed casually disregarding the formality of the meeting, everyone on the room stood up and Kyuhyun remained frozen as he laid eyes for the first time, the Sungmin who had once loved him so much.

“Good morning gentlemen, sorry for the delay.” He said with a smile that can melt anyone’s anger. “I brought with me, someone who I know would fulfill one of the great roles on the movie, Mr. Lee Hyukjae…”

Hyukjae entered with a smirk settling himself on the nearby seat next to the seat provided for the director.

“Sungmin!” His father bellowed once more eyes still disbelieving to the appearance of his once neglected son, the thick rimmed glasses is now gone, hair longer than necessary yet framed  the face of Sungmin beautifully. “How dare you-“

“Mr. Lee… I hate to interrupt your blabbering but I thought we were on a tight schedule, that’s why you threw a tantrum on my punctuality?” the director spoke with a soft, mocking smile that made his father shut up.

“I think there’s no need for introductions; I see that the board hasn’t change that much.” Sungmin said his eyes travelling towards the familiar faces and then stopping at the tall brunette, eyes meeting for the first time in four years, Kyuhyun’s heart raced, this isn’t the Sungmin from before, this Sungmin aimed to devour him and make him kneel before him.

“Mr. Cho.” Sungmin started addressing Kyuhyun. “It’s been so long, I see you haven’t change?”

Kyuhyun’s throat constricted at the conversation his heart raced involuntarily at the inquiry, he never expected Sungmin to spoke to him so easily, and it made him wonder if the past they hid still held meaning behind the sly intent of the Sungmin he’s now facing.

--------

To Be Continued

A/N:  Happy Birthday to my baby Lee Sungmin, Cho Kyuhyun’s affair and at the same time his legal wife.

For those who wholeheartedly supported me, Cyl_ELF , wolfkyuminbunny, flower_elf, bunnycutekyu, ichatoriqlover, hanateuk1006, brattygurl, darkangels, mochipepero  thanks so much to your replies and concerns, they really meant a lot to me, thank you. All of you my readers, you guys really made me cheer up and I don’t know how to thank you, I’m finally recovering now, thanks to all of you who had been there, my fics may not be as good but I will still try to do my best. You all teach me so many important things and to not let go of what I have. Please continue supporting me and giving me strength. I love you guys so much!!

If you want, I will be issuing the Book 2  of this ‘Holding On’ series. When The Music Plays is already posted. Please enjoy reading ^^