07

Forever Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


It had been two days since the meeting with Qian and her other boyfriend, Siwon.

Nichkhun was putting his camera into his bag after a four hour photoshoot when his phone rang. He fished it out from his pocket and looked at the Caller ID. 'Mom? Why is she calling at 5 in the evening?' He picked up the call nonetheless.


"Yes, Mom? Is there a thief in the boutique?"
"Yes, son. I'm fine. Thanks for asking how I am doing." Mrs. Buck replied with a sugary tone which made Nichkhun cringed.
"So~ I'll take that as a no?" Nichkhun asked, sounding unsure.
"It fells great to know that my son is so caring." Mrs. Buck was still in her earlier tone.
"Look, Mom. What do you want?"


Nichkhun walked out from the set and walked toward his car with his phone still in his hand.
 

"Oh. I want to tell you something."
"Umm.. Mom, can it wait. I am about to drive now. I'll call you later."
"Okay, son. Bye."
 

With that, the call ended. Nichkhun entered his car and and started the engine. A minute later, his car was already on the road. The drive was silent. Well, duh.. Of course it would be. Nichkhun was alone. Nichkhun glanced at the seat next to him and sighed.

'It will be a lot noisier if Vic is here with me.' Then, he returned his gaze back to the road. 

After 5 minutes of driving, he finally reached his apartment. He parked his car in the garage and went straight to the door. He fumbled with his keys a bit and opened the door, revealing a luxury living room. He plopped down on his couch and looked around his living room. He sighed again. 'This place looks so lonely. I wonder how it would be if Vic stays here.' 

He got up and went into his bedroom. He sat on his bed and sighed again. 'This bed looks lonely too. When will Vic join me?' (ert alert!)

After some minutes of doing his daily routine, (Yup, daydreaming about Vic is his routine) he decided to change his clothes. It was when he took out his phone that he remembered he had to call his mother. He groaned slowly and sat back down on his bed while dialling his mother's number. After a few rings, the line connected.


"Mom, what did you want to talk about earlier?" Nichkhun asked.
"Oh, hello there, Nichkhun."
"Hello back, Mom. Now tell me. What did you wanna talk about?" his tone was plain.
"Huh?"
"You called me earlier saying you wanted to tell something."
"Owh."
"So?"
'Ah.. Now I remember."
"What is it?" 
"I got a call from a girl this morning."
"So? You always get calls from girls."
"No. This one is different. She said that her name is Qian and she also told me that you gave her my business card."
 

His mother's words made Nichkhun's heart stopped. He took a moment to digest all of the things that his mother had said.
 

"She asked me if the boutique has an open job."
"Well, you do have a job there right?"
"..."
"Mom, you're the owner. Even if there's no job anymore, you can create one, right?"
"Khun-ah, why do you want this girl to work there so bad?"


Nichkhun felt nervous. He was not ready to tell his mother yet. Maybe, just maybe when the right time comes, he would tell her.
 

"I will tell you at other time."
"Oh, this makes me remember something."
"What, mom?"
"Her voice.. It sounded a lot like Vic's. Like really, there's like no difference at all."
"I know, Mom. I met her three days ago."
"Owh, so you've met her. Is she pretty?"
"Trust me. You'll be shocked when you meet her. She is extremely beautiful." Nichkhun exclaimed, imagining Vic's face in his mind.
"Okay, son. I trust you. There is only the model spot left."
"Cool!"


'Yup. Everything is in its place. The plan is going to work.' Nichkhun grinned.


"Okay then. I'll call her and tell her that she was accepted."
"Okay. Text me when you are done."
"Bye, Khun-ah."


The line disconnected. Nichkhun quickly went to his wardrobe again and changed into his pajama. The pajama that he was wearing was actually a couple pajama that he bought with Vic. Then, he grabbed a book from his bookshelf and lied down on his bed. 

He was so absorbed in reading that he didn't realize an hour had passed. He was taken back to reality when his phone buzzed. He took it from the bed-side table a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter