05

Forever Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nichkhun woke up when he heard his alarm clock. He grabbed it from the bedside table and pressed the button to shut the alarm. 'It's still early.' He thought as he looked at the clock. 7:45 a.m. He got up from his bed and went straight to shower nonetheless. After he finished showering, he went to his closet and stood in front of it for a good 15 minutes. 'What to wear?' Finally, he settled for a pair of black jeans, a white shirt with blue and red stripes and finished the style with a gray cardigan. (If you can't imagine, click here [minus the hottie of course]). Once he was satisfied with his attire for the day, he grabbed his keys and camera.

'There's still plenty of time until the date.. wait. It's not a date.' He let out a sigh. Then, he decided to go to his mother's boutique and spend his time there until the time they've promised. Without wasting another second, he started his car and drove to his mother's boutique.

When he reached there, he barged in without knocking. What's the use of knocking anyway? His mother, who was ironing a dress looked up and shock was evident on her face. She put the iron down and walked to Nichkhun who was just slumped down on the couch.

 

"Khun-ah, what are you doing here?"
"Why? Can't I visit my own mother?" Nichkhun asked while raising his eyebrow.
"Omo, Khun-ah! Are you sick? Let's go to the hospital now!" Mrs. Buck put her hand on Nichkhun's forehead.

 

Nichkhun pushed her hand away while groaning.

 

"Mom! I'm not sick, okay?"
"But, you never visit me without any reason before."
"Who says I don't have any reason?"
"I knew it. There must be something you want." Mrs. Buck pouted, earning laughs from Nichkhun.
'Mom! Stop! Only my Vic looks cute while doing that."
"Urghh~ Whatever. Now, why are you here?"

 

Instead of answering, Nichkhun stood up in front of his mother and spread his arms.

 

"What do you think of my style today?"
"Why?" Mrs. Buck asked, confusion was lingering inside her mind.
"Mom, just tell me how I look, please."
"Okay." Mrs. Buck stood up and walked around her son while examining his clothes. 

 

Nichkhun was nervous. Well, who wouldn't when his mother was showing the this-is-so-wrong face. Mrs. Buck suddenly stopped in front of him and sat down without saying anything. Nichkhun scrunched his nose and sat down next to her.

 

"So?"
"What?"
"What do you think?"
"What do I think of what?" Mrs. Buck asked with a blank expression.
"My style."
"Oh. It's fine."
"That's it? You walked around me for 15 minutes and that's all you can say?"
"Okay, fine. Your style today is very chic, cool, fashionable and you could be a star with this style." Mrs. Buck said without looking at him.
"Whatever, Mom."

 

And that's how their so-called conversation ended. He spent his time there while watching his mother working in the boutique.

 

Nichkhun fell asleep on the couch. His slumber was disturbed when he felt a vibration in his pocket. He took out his phone and saw that he received a text message from Kris. 

 

[Received: Kris]
Hey, man. It's 2.05 now. Where the hell are you? Don't tell me you forgot.

 

Nichkhun checked his watch and sighed. He pressed the [Reply] icon and typed his message.

 

[Sent: Kris]
Give me 5 minutes. I'll be there.

 

He got up and told his mother that he will be going. He rushed to his car and drove to Ppyong Cafe. He entered and saw Kris with the love of his life. He walked up to them and greeted Kris.

 

"Yo, man. Sorry I'm late."
"No, it's okay. Our drinks are not here yet. Sit down." Kris ushered him to sit opposite to Victoria.
"Hello." Nichkhun said, causing Victoria to look at him.
"Oh, hi. I'm Qian." She reached out her hand for a handshake which Nichkhun gladly shook.
"My name is Nichkhun." He introduced himself with a smile.

 

Qian's heart skipped a beat when she saw his smile. 'Nichkhun? Why do I feel like I've known him before?' She shrugged the thought off when their drinks arrived.

 

"We don't know what you like to drink, so we just ordered frappucino for you since it's my favourite." Qian said.

 

'Yes, baby. It's not only your favourite. It's ours.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter