XII Sulky Dara

The Happy Ending

 

"So how does it feel to be back together?" Chaerin teased Dara for the hundredth time. Dara just rolled her eyes and tried to ignore CL, but then Minzy excitedly reacted just like evey other person who heard CL tease Dara.

 

"What?! You and Jiyong oppa are back together??" Minzy jumped up and down in front of the sulky Dara, not even trying to hide her extreme happiness.

 

"I told you we're not!"She was really annoyed now. CL was so keen on announcing to everyone that she and Jiyong are back together. The truth is, she doesn't even know herself.

 

"Don't even try to deny it! I saw the two of you the other day in your car, and I saw oppa holding a big bouquet of flowers!"

 

"You really think that's for me? I didn't even bring home any flowers that day." She answered CL's accusation annoyed.

 

"For all I know you could've hidden it somewhere so we won't see."

 

"Unni, did you really go somewhere with oppa the other day?"

 

"He just asked me to accompany him, okay? Why is it even such a big deal!" She rolled her eyes again. These two were really unbelievable.

 

"Deny it all you want, unni. I can feel it! I know you two are back together." CL smirked at her.

 

Dara just grunted and started to walked out of the practice room.

 

"Hey, where are you going? Off to find your baby boy??" CL teased.

 

"Shut up, CL!!"

 

Dara stomped out of the practice room and proceeded to the YG cafeteria for lunch. On her way there, she was greeted with a congratulations by every other person she bumps into for getting back together with GD, and every time she tells them grumpily that they are not back together. She was really fuming with anger at the moment. How many people has CL actually told she was back together with him?

 

More importantly, she was fuming with anger because she doesn't even really know if they were back together. Not like together together, but like getting there again together. After that day, Jiyong hasn't contacted her. No calls, no text, no nothing. She also hasn't seen him yet since he had to go back to Japan for their last tour date.

 

He could've at least texted me, she thought angrily while gathering food from the cafeteria ahjumma. After settling down on a table, she angrily chomped on her food, thoughts still on the mighty Kwon Jiyong. Deep in thought, she didn't notice that Ji Na was already sitting in front of her with her own tray of food and asked her the whereabouts of the other girls. Noticing that she was not hearing her, Ji Na stuck her cold bottle of water on Dara's cheek which made her jump in surprise.

 

"Yah!!" Dara angrily shouted, but suddenly quieted down when she noticed it was Ji Na who did it to her.

 

"So I heard you and Yong-ie are back together." Ji Na said as Dara was sitting back down, gaining her deathly glares from the latter.

 

"Alright, alright. Just say you're not. You don't have to glare, jeez." Ji Na said, raising both hands up in the air.

 

Dara sighed and Ji Na laughed silently. She can't help but think how cute Dara and Jiyong were, especially since he has been bugging her for the past two days about Dara.

 

"Just call her!" Ji Na told Jiyong this morning when he woke her up again to ask about Dara and her activities for the day.

 

"I can't! What if she thinks I'm taking advantage of her helping me? I can't risk that. I gotta wait for her to reach out to me first."

 

"You know, you can really be stupid sometimes huh?"

 

"Why, did Dara mention something about me? Was she waiting for me to call her?"

 

"I don't have to hear her say it for me to know she's waiting for your call, you pabo!"

 

"I guess he still hasn't called..." Ji Na whispered to herself.

 

"What was that?" Dara asked, catching her whisper something.

 

"Nothing, nothing, Let's just eat and proceed to your recording!"

 

 

------------------------------------------------

 

 

Jiyong really cannot wait to go back to Korea. Since he left for Japan the day after Dara went with him to Ha Na’s grave, they haven’t been able to talk yet. It’s not that he didn’t have the chance, he just really cannot muster the courage to initiate the conversation. He didn’t want to assume that he and Dara were okay now just because she helped him. More importantly, now that he knows the real reason why Dara broke up with him in the first place.

 

He didn’t have any explanation to give Dara. Until now, he doesn’t remember what really happened that night. Not that he didn’t want to remember and not that he didn’t want to forgive himself, but perhaps it was just too traumatic to begin with.

 

Despite all those things he found out, his feelings for Dara didn’t change one bit. If possible, it even grew. After the compassion she has shown him, he confirmed that this girl really is the one he wants to spend the rest of his life with.

 

Upon arriving at Incheon International Airport, he and the rest of Big Bang made their way through a sea of fans and rode their van back to the YG building in Seoul. They had the rest of the day to themselves before they start rehearsals tomorrow for their three-day concert in Seoul. As soon as they arrived at the YG building, he immediately went  looking for the 2NNE1 inconspicuously so that the girls wouldn’t notice him.

 

After looking through almost every floor, he bumped into Ji Na who was still in charge with the girls.

 

“You didn’t tell me you were coming back today. Why are you here anyway? Shouldn’t you be resting?” She asked as soon as she saw him.

 

“I was just checking up on things. How are the girls’ recording going?”

 

Ji Na smirked at him before saying “You’re looking for Dara, aren’t you?”

 

“No!” He answered a little too fast.

 

She laughed out loud, her vision not escaping how he was flushing. “It’s the girls’ rest day today actually. If you want to know where Dara is, might as well contact her now. You know, while she’s still waiting.”

 

“Do you know something?” He asked, curiosity peaking with his friend’s vague words.

 

“No. I’m just saying, she must’ve been waiting especially since she’s been very sulky to everyone since you left for Japan.”
 

“Really??” Jiyong cannot hide his smile at that small piece of information. Without saying another word to Ji Na, he started heading to the basement parking to get his car. On his way, he started dialing Dara's number.

 

 

Dara was still sulky as she sat down on their couch at home. It's been three days already since she last saw Jiyong, but he still didn't contact her in any way. She was really starting to get impatient and thinks maybe he didn't really want to contact her. After all, it was her who broke up with him before right? Maybe after he found out what she was keeping from him, he lost interest in her already.

 

"Ugh~~~!!" She unconsciously said out loud.

 

"What? Why? What happened?" Her mother came rushing out of the kitchen when she heard her daughter.

 

"What?" Dara asked, still unaware that she groaned out loud.

 

"You were making an awful sound, so what happened?" Her mother looked really worried especially since she noticed how sulky her daughter has been since she came home this morning.

 

"Oh, nothing nothing. I just read something."

 

"Dara, are you okay? You've been out of sorts since you came home this morning. Did something happen at work?"

 

"Huh? No mom, I'm fine." When her mother was not convinced, she stood up and came closer to her mom. "Really mom, I'm fine. Maybe just a bit flustered with our comeback preparations. You don't have to worry, okay?" She said, pushing her mom back to the kitchen.

 

As soon as her mom was back in the kitchen, her phone started ringing. Upon reaching where she left it on the couch, she was surprised to see who was calling even though it was who she's been waiting for all this time. Thinking whether she should pick up or not, she decided to the latter so as to not make him think she was waiting for his call all this time. She tried watching TV after the call, expecting him to call again while looking at her phone every other minute.

 

When she was done flipping through all the channels and he still hasn't called, she swore she must've turned red from anger. She really couldn't understand that guy. How come he didn't try calling again after she didn't pick up the first time?

 

Angrily turning off the television, she stood up stomping to her room when the doorbell suddenly rang. She stopped in her tracks just as her mom was bringing out their lunch into the dining table.

 

"Were you expecting someone?" Her mother asked confused as she was fixing the dining table for them to eat.

 

"No. Aren't you?" She said, just as confused. She went to answer the door and what she saw on the other side of the door made fall open.

 

There, with two bouquets of flowers and a big paper bag of goods that appears to come from Japan, is Kwon Jiyong.

 

-------------------------------------------------

 

a/n: Finally, a little free time from school works! Short update, but I hope you like it! More sweet daragon moments in the next chapters. :)

 

Newbie writer,

cescanicolelala♥

 

---------------------------------------------------------

 

PREVIEW

 

"Good to see you again, Jiyong! I was starting to wonder when you'd start visiting again." Dara's mom said as she was adding an extra set of plates on the dining table. It was a good thing she always prepared too much food.

 

"Good to see you too auntie! Here," he gave her one of the bouquets he was holding as well as the paper bag of goods. "I just came from Japan and I brought this home for you."

 

"Oh, you were in Japan. So that's why this one's been sulky all this time." She said, pointing to Dara with .

 

"MOM!!" Dara exclaimes, surprised with the sudden betrayal of her mother.

 

"What? I'm just telling the truth."



"I WAS NOT SULKY!!" She said, face obviously turning red in anger and embrassment.

 

"Here." Jiyong said, handing Dara the other buoquet of flowers. Dara shyly accepted it and smiled at Jiyong, which also made her mother smile watching the two of them.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------