XVI Someday

The Happy Ending

"Auntie Dara!" A small voice called from behind Dara. She turned around to find Haru, the daughter of her fellow labelmate Tablo, who was also the leader of Epik High. As soon as she saw Haru, her face lightened up in a way that only happens when she sees kids at least around 5 meters away.

"Haru! Hello!" She greeted as cheerfully as the little girl had greeted her. She kneeled down to greet her with a hug and kissed her on the cheeks.

"Appa and I went fishing last week. Do you want to go fishing?" She asked Dara as soon as they broke the hug. As expected, she always talks about fish.

"Of course!" She said.

"Will you catch a big fish for me? Appa caught a big fish for me. Appa, where is the picture of the fish?" Tablo handed Haru her backpack, then greeted Dara.

"Oppa, nice seeing you here. Haru's really grown up since the last time I saw her."

"She has, hasn't she? Oh, I'm really glad I do this show (The Return of Superman). I'm so glad I get to spend some time alone with her. Although believe me, it's not the easiest thing in the world. But she's just so beautiful." He said, all smitten by his daughter.

"Oh, she is beautiful." Dara said, all smiles while looking at Haru.

"Auntie, look!" Haru showed her a polaroid photo of the fish she was talking about.

"Wow, this is so big!" She said enthusiastically.

"Appa caught it for me! He used to be scared of the fishes, but he caught one for me anyway."

"Haru, come here. You have to eat your dinner." Her nanny called her. They didn't show it on the show, but the Lee couple hired a nanny to take care of Haru every now and then. After all, they were both working and they couldn't take care of Haru 24/7.

"But I'm still showing auntie Dara my fishes."

"Haru, it's okay. Auntie Dara will wait for you until after you finish your dinner, right auntie?"

"Of course I will. I want to see all the fishes!"

"Okay. Don't go anywhere!" Haru warned Dara with a finger pointing at her. This caused the adults to laugh.

"I won't, I promise." Dara said, Haru's hair. The little girl then went out of the room with her nanny to eat her dinner.

"So, how did the concert go?" Dara asked Tablo.

"Oh, Haru loved it. You know she's a big VIP. We even went inside Big Bang's waiting room before the concert. Did you know that Haru called GD Jiyong-ie oppa?" He said, laughing.

"Oh wow, really? I guess I have a really tough competition." She laughed as well.

"How are you two holding up?" He suddenly asked with a more serious tone this time.

"You know, the normal. We have been through break ups before." She said, looking at him as if to say the ususal.

"Not like this, you haven't." He said. She eyed him with a questioning look. "Oh come on. Everyone who've seen you two for all those months you broke up would know there was a bigger reason for that to happen. So you two okay now?"

After a while just looking at each other, Dara answered "I think we're okay now. So everything might not be completely back to the way it was. But we understand each other better now, I think."

"You think?" He said with a smirk.

"We just got back together! Would you cut us some slack?" She said, slapping his arm.

"Okay, okay." He said, both hands raised up in surrender while laughing. "Well, Haru said she really misses hanging out with you. Been asking me all the time when she can go play again or when you're coming over. Just grant the little girl's wish, will you."

"Okay, I'll try to come over next weekend."

"Perfect! 'Coz HyeJung and I has to go visit her parents, and we were supposed to leave Haru with her nanny. But if you're saying you would come over, maybe you could look after her? That's if you're not doing anything next weekend."

"Uhm, I don't think I'm doing anything next weekend. Okay, I'll try. I also miss spending time with Haru. She's such a sweet little girl!"

"I know she is. She got that from me." He said, smirking at her again.

Dara mocked a surprised face. "You did not just say that. She obviously got that from unni. You only try to be sweet."

"Hey, I've gotten a lot sweeter than before!"

"I still say you're just trying hard." They both laughed.

"Oh, and try to bring Jiyong with you, will you?" Tablo said. "I think Haru really wants to be close to him, but she's always too shy when he's around."

"So she didn't get near him earlier, did she?"

"Nah, she was too shy. Jiyong was so smitten by her anyway. Couldn't keep his eyes away from her. When are you planning to have kids again?" He dropped the bomb question, which took Dara off guard.

"Too soon!" She said.

"Oh, come on. Jiyong's still young but you're not getting any younger. You're turning 30 this year, aren't you?"

"Come on oppa, we just got back together."

"Again. You just got back together again. You said so yourself, you've been doing this ever since you to got together for the first time. So the years you two are together don't really stop counting when you two break up."

"Still. He's at the peak of his career!"

"Well fame won't go away for him, obviously. But you're youth is wasting away."

"Oh come on. That can wait."

"Until when?" He asked, raising an eyebrow towards her. She just looked at him with a semi-annoyed, semi-concerned face. Just then, Haru came back of the room.

"I'm done with my dinner!" She greeted.

"Yay! Good girl," Dara said, immediately lighting up again with the sight of the little girl.

The two went on with their fish talk and Tablo just let them talk together. He thinks he's already touched a nerve on Dara. He really is getting impatient with those two. He knew they would end up married someday anyway.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"I heard someone love-struck with you went to visit you in the waiting room earlier?" Dara said as she backhugged Jiyong while he was washing his hands on the sink.

"Me? The only love-struck person I know who came to watch our concert earlier was you. Oh, yeah I forgot that every person on that stadium was love-struvk with me." He said, turning around to face Dara and show her his smug smile.

"Oh stop bragging!" She said, playfully slapping his shoulders. He then went in to kiss her tenderly. Dara moaned a little, which made Jiyong laugh as they broke away from the kiss.

"She was such a cutie, you know. Haru." He said as he and Dara walked hand in hand to his living room. Dara was sleeping over that night, their first after they got back together again. Before their big break up, Dara always slept over at his apartment when they had no schedules. "She was all shy, she couldn't even look at me and kept saying she was embarrassed. I guess I have that effect even on kids." He said laughing as they sat down on the couch.

"You just really had to brag, huh? Look, Haru loves me as much as she loves you. Maybe even more. Besides, she hasn't been with you longer than saying hellos. She's just infatuated."

"I can't believe you're getting jealous over a little girl!" He laughed louder.

"Uh, ex-cuse me. I am so not getting jealous with Haru!" He raised his eyebrows at this. "Okay, so I'm a little jealous. But not with Haru, with you. I want her attention all on me, not on you!" They laughed at this little confession of hers.

He then proceeded to turning on the movie they were about to watch and taking hold of the bowl of popcorn on the center table. As soon as he was settled down again on the couch, Dara put her legs over Jiyong's thighs  and lied down on her side. This was how they've always been: both on their pajamas, munching on popcorn, and watching a scary (or sometimes romantic) movie. They've been doing this since god-knows-when.

Jiyong suddenly laughed, which was weird because they stopped talking and they were watching a horror film.

"Am I missing something? What's funny?" Dara asked, a little weirded out but laughing a little at his sudden outburst.

"I just remembered Haru this evening. She was just so cute, hiding her face on her dad's shoulder. Blo hyung's really lucky to have her."

"Right? So is HyeJung unni. She's really such a sweet little girl. Which reminds me, oppa asked me to look after Haru next weekend. Said she's been asking non-stop when I was gonna come over again. Oppa was wondering if you would come help me look after her. You know, try to get closer with her."

"I think that'd work. Wouldn't it be weird though? She can't really get near enough for me to even talk to her."

"That's why oppa invited you. Who knows, maybe this would be your stepping stone to get to her. And as much as I want to be possessive of her, she really does like you. Oppa said he even called you Jiyong-ie oppa, can you believe that?" They laughed.

"Well, I guess that ain't so bad. What should we buy her? I think we should buy her fishing gear. You know, because she likes fishes so much, and I saw her fishing on that show a few episodes back. Or maybe we can get her new kicks, or sweat, or snapbacks. She's really hip hop style-"

"Okay, calm down. We don't want to overwhelm her with gifts. only I can handle that."

"Hey!"

"Just kidding!" She said, sitting up. "Why don't we just ask Blo oppa what Haru would like and then buy that for her, watcha think?"

"Hmm. Sounds good, I guess."

"Okay."

"Okay."

She lied back down and they went back to watching the film.

"How many kids do you want?" He asked all of a sudden.

"What?!" She said, blown out of her guts. She sat up and just stared at Jiyong.

He reached out for the remote and paused the movie. He then faced Dara and said, "I want at least two, maybe three at most. I want a daughter for a first born. Or should we get a son first so he can look after her sister? But daughters are sweet to their daddies. If we get a son, he'll only be sweet to you."

"Wait up, wait up. Where is all this coming from?"

"What? It's not like it haven't crossed your mind before. And don't you lie to me."

"I thought we were taking things slow?"

"So we can't talk about children when we're taking things slow?"

"It's not that. It's just that... You surprised me."

"Oh honey, I'm full of surprises." He said, her legs.

"I know that, believe me." She rolled her eyes.

"Look, I'm not saying we should have kids now. I'm just asking how many you want."

Dara just looked at him.

"Fine, you don't have to answer." He faced in front and was supposed to reach for the remote when Dara spoke up.

"Two. I want two kids. Three kids would just encourage jealousy, at least if we had two, we can each have our favorite and no one would be jealous of anyone else. And I want a son first, so he can be as reliable as his daddy."

"Oh, I think the firstborn could be negotiable..." He said, big smile on his face as he came closer Dara. He then kissed her so passionately, Dara could feel all her bones turning into jelly.

"You're just as full of surprises as I am, aren't you?" He said when they broke away from the kiss.

"I learn from the best." She replied.

"I hope we have a daughter like Haru. Then again, we could do away with one kid if it's like Haru."

"No way! So she gets to pick one favorite parent while we battle for her attention? Nope, two kids."

"Alright, if you say so." He laughed and pecked her on the lips.

"You think we'll make great parents?" She asked him, eyes staring at each other.

"You'll make a great mother. I've seen you with Haru. I say our kids are going to be really lucky, and so are their daddy." She giggled at his words and pecked him on the lips again.

"You'll make a great daddy too, you know. Everybody keeps saying that."

"I don't know. I don't really know how to be a good father, you know that?"

"Believe me, I know."

He looked at Dara with apologetic eyes.

She then grabbed his face between both of her hands, looked him straight in the eyes and said, "Just be there. That's all you need to do. Everything will just follow after. Okay?"

"Okay." And, for the nth time, they kissed with a passion as warm as the heat of the sun.

"Oh, I can't wait to start a family with you!" Jiyong said as he hugged Dara tenderly after their kiss.

"Someday. We will get that someday."

"I wish someday would come sooner." He said as he nuzzled Dara's neck. She giggled as she felt soft kisses trailing from her neck to her jaws. What happened next would what we could call the start of someday. ;)

------------------------------------------------------------

a/n: I know I am 15 days late with the update and I am so sorry for that!! Had writer's block for the past few days and I just got free from schoolworks so I kinda enjoyed my little freedom a little too much. Hope I didn't make you guys wait too much!

So I'm really into The Return of Superman nowadays so I'm sorry if I just had to include Haru in the story. But everybody loves Haru anyway, right? Ugh, really cannot get enough of that little girl. Reminds me so much of my little cousin whom I love so dearly like my own sister (or kid, because sometimes I pretend she's my kid lol). Anyway, who wants to read a little You Who Came From The Stars on the next chapters? HAHAHA yup I was also into that during my writing hiatus. Do manager!!! <3

Anyway, enjoy reading and I'll try to update quickest! :)

 

Peace out! Newbie writer (still) ~ cescanicolelala