III Someone Watching Over

The Happy Ending

"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING?!" The dance instructor shouted at Dara for the nth time that day. She's been messing up for days now. No matter how hard she practices, she still can't seem to perform the steps properly. The same thing happens with her vocal trainings. It's like no matter what she does, she always messes things up.

"How many times do I have to teach you all the moves, huh?! You can't even do simple steps, and you're supposed to be an idol?!"

"I'm sorry, sunbaenim. I'm really sorry." Dara said again and again, bowing as low as 90 degrees. She didn't know why she was acting this way either, so she was really sorry towards their instructors. "I'll try my best again. I'm sorry."

"Aish! Minzy, take over teaching her! We'll resume with the new steps tomorrow. Aigoo~!" The instructor walked out of the room, banging the door behind him.

Dara was about to cry, but she held back her tears and started to play the music again. For hours, she practiced over and over and even when it was time to go home, she told the other members to go ahead of her.

She knew why this was happening. She can't concentrate on her craft because her mind was on something else. Or on someone else. Another two weeks has passed but it seems like she still can't get everything that's happened out of her head: how he looked so worried upon seeing her again, how he gently touched her face to make her look at him in the eyes, how his voice sounded like music to her ears, how his tender kiss sent butterflies the size of moths flying all over her stomach, how seeing his face crunching in pain shattered her heart into a thousand pieces, how it took all her strength to walk away from him...

She shook her head as if to shake away the bad memories. No, she has to stop thinking about him. She has to focus on preparing for their comeback. She must not let him affect her anymore. Especially when he has obviously forgotten about it already, she thought. I mean, how come I'm here all distracted and unfocused while he's all over the place obviously enjoying his new found freedom? I mean, what's up with him being linked to that model? Huh, she looks like a monkey who's as tall as a giraffe!! She wasn't aware with the direction her thoughts were drifting into until she found herself facing the mirror wall wearing an expression of irritation and... is that jealousy?

"Ani, ani!" She slapped her forehead a couple of times, as if to put some sense into her mind. "Why are you even thinking like that, this was what you wanted anyways right?" She asked herself, unsure of how to answer her own question. After a while, she decided to go back to practicing, and when she was satisfied with her performance, she checked what time it was and got surprised that it was already half past midnight. She quickly gathered her stuff and headed out. Since their dorm was just a few blocks away from the YG building, she decided to just walk home.

While on her way, she could feel someone walking behind her so she stopped and slowly glanced behind to check. However, she didn't find anyone. She shrugged and continued walking but again she got that weird feeling of being watched, so she glanced behind faster this time but still, she found no one. She then remembered how she also felt this way the past few days she's been going home late at night. With that thought, she sped off and arrived at their apartment building in no time. Without taking another look back, she hastily entered their dorm and tried to shake off the shivering in her spine that she got from the feeling of being watched. Upon arriving in her room, she immediately went into the bathroom to freshen up and get ready for bed.

Oblivious to her, a pair of eyes outside were watching her windows all the way down until her lights turned off. He took it as a signal that she were already sleeping. "Sleep tight, baby girl." He said, and then turned away to go home.

 

The next day...

 

"That's it everyone!" The trainer remarked as 2NE1's practice finished. "Good job Dara, I see you've improved a lot today, although you still have a lot to work on. Keep it up!" He tapped Dara on the shoulder and proceeded in walking out of the room.

CL, Bom and Minzy were already getting ready to go home when they noticed that Dara played the music again to continue practicing.

"Eonni, are you not coming home?" CL asked, a hint of worry showing on her face.

"Oh, you guys go ahead. I'll just practice some more."

The girls looked at each other, hesitating for a moment but then Bom said, "alright, but don't stay too late okay? You still need to rest."

"Arasso. Be careful on your way home!" And with that, she went on practicing while the other girls went home.

Ten minutes turned into twenty, then into thirty, then an hour... On and on it went. She didn't notice the time because she was so focused and expectant on doing better and receiving another good feedback from their trainer tomorrow. Because she was so keen on practicing, she didn't realize how she skipped dinner. She was starting to feel dizzy but she ignored it, thinking about her goal.

I'm almost done perfecting the routine, she thought. If I give up now, all my efforts will just go to waste. And so she continued, even as her vision already started to blur.

Almost there... Almost... And as she finished the routine and the song ended, everything went black and with a loud thud, she fell to the floor, pale and senseless.

In an instant, Jiyong was kneeling down beside her and cradled her head, tapping her cheeks lightly in an attempt to wake her up. "Dara! Dara! Can you hear me? Dara, wake up!" When she didn't respond, he lifted her up bridal style and rushed to his car, laying her lifeless form on the back seat. He then quickly went to the driver's seat and started driving to the girls' dorm. He kept glancing in the rearview mirror to check on her, and arrived at the apartment building in an instant. He immediately carried her again and went straight to their dorm, banging to the door. Taken aback by the loud banging, Minzy ran to open the door only to find her unconscious eonni on the hands of Jiyong.

"What happened?!" She asked worriedly as she helped him bring her to the girl's room. The two other girls heard Minzy's voice and ran out of their rooms only to be shocked with the happenings on Dara's room. Without second though, Bom headed inside the room to help the other two while CL proceeded on getting warm water and the first aid kit. As she arrived into the room with all the stuff, she told Jiyong, "we'll take it from here oppa, you can go wait in the living room."

"No, I'm staying. Give me those."

"Oppa!" CL said, taking the things out of his reach. "You need to calm down, you're shaking. Go to the living room, we'll take care of this."

With a last glance at her, he went outside to sit on the living room. As soon as he sat down, that's when he noticed that was shaking indeed. Putting his hands together in a praying position, he bowed his head and leaned his arm on his knees silently praying for her to be alright.

After what felt like forever, he felt a hand holding his shoulder and he immediately sat straight to look at the hand's owner. "She's fine, she just looks a bit overworked and has a slight fever. I'm sure she'll be better in the morning," CL told his friend.

"Thank god." Jiyong said in a sigh of relief, slumping down on the sofa in defeat. CL took a seat beside him. "I assume you witnessed how she fainted?"

"Yes. I was scared to death when she suddenly fell to the ground so I brought her here right away." His eyes were closed as his voice was shaking from remembering how it happened and for a moment, he imagined some scenarios of what would've happened if he weren't there at that hour to witness her falling. He shook away those thoughts, promising himself he would never let that happen.

"And I assume you're still watching over her every night?"

He didn't say anything. They both knew the answer.

"Oppa, what happened to the both of you? You used to be so happy, remember? Even when the president was against your relationship, you were still very happy together. And then suddenly, you two started breaking up and getting back together over and over again. And now this? How long are you two gonna act like this?"                       

"I don't know. I don't understand either. She just... gave up." He said, his voice full of hurt.

CL just held his shoulder, at loss of anything to make him feel better. "You need to rest as well. You should go back to your dorm soon."

"No, I have to stay with her until she's better."                    

"Oppa, do you know what she's gonna do when she finds you there when she wakes up?"     

"I'll leave before she wakes up." He stood up and went inside her room. Knowing that anything she say won't make him change his mind, she went back to her room.

Inside Dara's room, Jiyong touched her forehead to check her temperature then adjusted the wet towel to help cool her down. He then held her hand softly and sat down on the floor beside her bed.

"What am I gonna do about you, you stubborn girl?" He whispered, not expecting any reply. He planted a soft kiss on her hand then rested his head beside their intertwined hands. He looked at her peaceful face and his heart can't stop but swell at how much power this girl has over him. Without realizing that drowsiness was taking over him, he fell into a deep sleep.

 

Come the next morning...

 

Her head felt like it's been banged to a wall a hundred times and there was a soft ringing in her ears. She felt terrible, kind of like waking up with a hangover after drinking all night. As she opened her eyes, she was blinded by the light but she looked at her bedside table anyway to check the time. Upon seeing that it's already ten in the morning, she sat up instantly for she was late for practice. That was when she noticed how clammy her hands were as someone was holding it tight.

A familiar form came into view and suddenly, everything clicked in her mind... she was practicing so hard even after feeling a bit dizzy and then as the song finished, everything turned black. That doesn't explain why this person is here now, though.

Wanting answers, she called his name softly. "Jiyong?" And like an electric shock, his eyes suddenly opened at the sound of her voice. He then sat up and looked straight into her eyes, silently scolding himself how he forgot to leave before she woke up...

 

---------------------------------

a/n:

Uh-oh. You're busted Ji. What do you think Dara will do? :>

Advance notice! The next chapter might take a while because things are a little crazy at school right now and I've got tons of cases to read, but I will try to update as soon as possible. Please anticipate it! :)

And to my first 16 subscribers, this update is for you guys. Kamsahamnida! ^^

 

Newbie writer,

cescanicolelala♥

 

credits: This cahpter's main image from daragon-nyongdal.tumblr.com (http://daragon-nyongdal.tumblr.com/post/39202348530/yangieyangie-you-may-call-me-delusional-but)