XIV Come Back Home

The Happy Ending

I was in such a good mood that I finished the next chapter right away. Featuring 2NE1's latest song! Enjoy guys. ;)

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

 

You said it was for my own good

and you turned away coldly like a lie

Why did you

Why did you, you're gone away

Come back home

Can you come back home?

Don't leave me at the end of this cold earth and come to me

Jiyong was listening to one of 2NE1's songs and he couldn't help but smile. Teddy sent him a couple of songs to check out and he couldn't hide his excitement with them. Their music really has evolved into a much better version of their old songs, kind of like it went through maturity. He especially loved how much better Dara's voice has gone through. Not like the it-was-ugly-before-and-now-its-good kind of better, but more like it-finally-matured-enough kind of better. He was really excited for the girls' new album, and he was sure every blackjack would not be disappointed with their new one. Suddenly, his phone started vibrating and without looking, he already had an idea of who was calling.

"Hello?" he said, already stifling his laughter.

"Yah~~~!" Dara shouted on the other end. Jiyong bursted out laughing then. He had just texted Dara her exact lines from one of the songs and, almost instantly, she called him right away. Hi-larious.

"Who gave you permission to listen to our songs?" Dara continued. She was trying to hide, but miserably failed, at hiding her amusement through her voice. She was still trying to get used to hearing his hearty laugh again. So instead of sounding like a scolding, her voice came out so soft.

"Teddy hyung asked me to listen to some of the songs, comment on how they came out."

"And...? How is it?"

"Hmm..." Jiyong replied playfully. "It's okay, I guess."

"Jiyong~~~!" Dara kind of whined. She couldn't deny that his criticisms are still important to her. After all, he's still her senior and he still has more experience in this field than her, not to mention how successful his songs always get when he releases them. So yes, this was kind of a big deal for her.

"Alright, alright. Don't worry too much, okay? It sounds good. I'm sure your fans would really love it."

"Really?"

"Really."

"Really really?" This time, her voice sounded with a little hint of aegyo. Jiyong burst out laughing again. How can she sound so cute? He could just imagine how she looked like saying that.

"Really really."

He then heard muffled shouts from the other end, the sound of someone who's super excited about something. This made him burst out laughing again. He must admit, ever since he and Dara got back together, he has been laughing 10x more than he used to. He just missed this feeling. He missed Dara.

He then heard a banging on his door then someone shouting on the other side, "lower it down, will you? Some people are actually trying to sleep here."

"Get a life!" He shouted jokingly, and heard laughing noises from the other side of the door. Even though he wasn't showing it, he knew Youngbae was really happy for him and Dara. He knows his bestfriend too well.

"So, what are you doing today?" He asked, directing his attention again to the phone call.

"Oh, nothing. Just the usual preparation for the concert. Oh, the teaser photos are gonna be revealed today!"

"Really? Okay, I'm gonna wait for it."

"What time is it there? Shouldn't you be sleeping now?"

"I was just about to sleep but Teddy hyung really wanted me to listen to your songs, so I did first."

"Oh. Okay. When are you coming back?"

He laughed. "Miss me already, huh?"

"Of course not!"

He didn't say anything and just made a face even though he knew she couldn't see.

"Alright fine, I miss you already. Happy?"

"Ecstatic."

"Come back home already~~~!" She whined.

"Now, be patient!"He laughed. "There's still a few days left before the fashion week is over."

"Fine. Just make sure you don't come home empty-handed." She warned.

"Oho! If I didn't know you better I would've thought you're only with me for the things I give you."

"And how are you so sure I'm not?"

He made a shocking sound. He liked this, when they were just being playful and fooling around even if they were not together. Dara giggled on the other end of the phone. Yes, this was just what he needed.

"You better sleep now, you have to look good tomorrow. I'm a little worried how you're doing with all the fashionistas there."

"Oh dear, no need to worry. Nobody's a bigger fashionista than I am."

"Oh, I know. I was actually worried for them. They must be trying to figure out ways how to kill you because you're taking all the spotlight away from them."

"I'd say I'm flattered if not for the killing part."

"Sleep now. And good luck later. Tell Youngbae to watch your back, okay?"

"Okay, foolish girl. Have a good day today. You better not be too daring on your teaser photos."

"Oh, so you can be daring but I can't?"

He laughed. "I'll call you when I wake up, okay?"

"Okay. Good night."

"Good morning."

Nobody hung up.

"Hang up first," he said.

"I called, you hang up first."

"Alright. Good morning."

"Good night."

Still, nobody hung up.

"Okay, you really have to hang up now." Dara laughed.

"Just a few more minutes. I missed this."

And for another few minutes, they just stayed like that, not talking, just listening to each other's breaths. He was smiling all that time and he knew she was too.

"Okay, I really am hanging up now. Don't practice too much today okay, and don't skip meals and rests. I'll be home soon."

"Okay. Have a good night's sleep."

"I love you, baby girl."

"I know. I love you too."

He hung up and went to bed with a huge smile on his face.

---------------------------------------

"Someone's in an awfully good mood today," Bom announced as she was entering their practice room with Dara tagging along behind her, still smiling and apparently in another world shared by someone who wasn't there at the moment.

"Again?" Chaerin asked. "Looks like were gonaa have a good round of practice again today, huh?"

"Looks like it. Dara unnie's mood really has a way of affecting all of us," Minzy said. It was true, though. Maybe because it has been too long since they last saw her this happy. Her and GD for that matter.

"How long do you think can we talk about her without her noticing this time?" Bom said jokingly.

"I can hear you, you know." Dara said. She wasn't annoyed, though. Nope. Nothing can take her good mood away from her. It's only been less than a week since she got back together with Jiyong but it has been the best few days so far. She never thought they would be anything close to that anymore, yet here they were. Not even an 8-hour time difference and thousands-of-miles distance can break their new-found bond.

"Unnie, is Jiyong oppa in Paris now?" Minzy asked, happy to see her unnie in such a good mood.

"Yes, he's with Youngbae. Oh, he said to tell him what you want and he said he can buy it for you on loan." Sle laughed when she saw the other girls' reactions.

"No thanks, I bet Youngbae wouldn't ask us to pay for it if he were to buy for us."Bom said.

"Yah, that oppa is really... How come he never asks you to pay? He buys you as much as he buys for himself." Chaerin complained.

"You know, gotta keep the mommah satisfied."

"Okay, that sounded so~~~ wrong!" Chaerin said. The other girls laughed at her reaction. Just then, their dance trainer arrived and they started dance practice. As expected, Dara's good mood was transferred to everyone and so  their dance practice ended after just 2 hours.

After practice, they freshened up then headed to the YG cafeteria for lunch. They sat on their table and ate quietly for a while.

"Oh, unnie, the teaser photos!" Minzy said, reminding Dara.

"Oh, right right. It's yours and mine today, right?"

"Yes. Ji Na unnie said to pass by their office room later to get the files."

"Okay okay, I'll go there after we have lunch."

"So... You still haven't told us what really happened. How did you two get back together?" Bom said, directing her question to Dara.

"Yeah. We were so surprised when Seungri called us that day and we couldn't even understand what he was saying at first because he was so freakin' excited about what was happening." Chaerin added.

"What happened between you two, unnie? Why did you break up in the first place?" Minzy said, causing the other two girls to keep quiet and give all their attention to Dara.

"It's... More complicated than you all think. And I know you're all thinking of crazy scenarios like him cheating or me getting pregnant-"

"Are you?!" The three answered in unison.

"If you are, we might have to stop promotions for a while. But then doesn't you're tummy have to grow big? But it didn't, so I guess you had a miscarriage." Minzy said.

"Right! That's why you broke up with oppa in the first place, because we all know how much you adore kids and can't wait to be a mother someday." Chaerin added.

"But Jiyong wants to be a father so badly too! He must've been so disappointed then. But he didn't even know why you broke up with him, so maybe you didn't even tell him you were pregnant in the first place." Bom said, excited about her and the other 2 girls' investigative guesses.

"Guys! I didn't have a miscarriage, okay? And I sure as hell am not pregnant." Dara said firmly.

"You're not?"

"But... That would've been so cute!"

"Mini Daragon. Promise you'll produce a mini Daragon someday!"

Dara face palmed herself and laughed at the girls. They were acting so immature yet so cute. Besides, she would also like that someday, a mini Daragon. Sort of someone like Haru maybe. Mini hip hop Daragon.

"What really happened between us is... kind of private. And it's really not my story to tell. In the future maybe Jiyong would be ready to share it with you guys, but for the meantime it would be really cool if you just let that issue go, okay?"

"Fine," Bom said. "But then you still owe us the story of how you two got back together!"

Dara laughed again. They really were so childish.

"Not a laughing matter unnie," Chaerin said.

"Alright alright, chill out okay? I'll tell you later. For now, I have to go meet Ji Na so I can tweet our teaser photos."She stood up, brought her dirty plates to the dirty plates counter, and went to the elevator to head upstairs.

All that time, a dark cloud was looming over her head but she chose to ignore it, willing herself to not break away from her happy mood.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------

 

a/n: It is such a bummer that YG still hasn't released 2NE1's MV. I've been waiting for it since yesterday! :( Anyway, Mr. Mr. MV came out, and is it just me or did I expect a little more dancing? I hope they redeem it on the Dance Version MV or their comeback stages. Don't get me wrong, Mr. Mr. is such a good song and the girls were exceptionally beautiful in the MV. Still 2NE1 deprived, though. I need to see 'em MVs now juseyo~~~ng! :"(

Anywaaaay, enjoy the update guys! :)

Peace out! Newbie writer (still) ~ cescanicolelala