XXI Family

The Happy Ending

a/n: I'm so pissed off guys! I was supposed to attend a job interview this morning but guess what? They cancelled on the spot! As in, I was there at the lobby telling the guard "for interview" and he was supposed to give me a pass already when one of his co-worker told him "all applicants' interviews are rescheduled for Monday" and I was like, "what, Monday?" The heck guys! The guard told me to contact whoever I was talking to. I called her and when she answered she wasn't even answering the phone! When I texted her to confirm if the interview was rescheduled, that's the only time she told me that yes it was because of an interview and that she was deeply sorry. Asdfghjkl, so unprofessional! She could've told me at least an hour or two before, especially since it looked like the "emergency" has been decided since early that morning. Sooooo unprofessional. >____<

In other news, OMG guys my mom just approved of me watching 2NE! AON in Manila! Gaaaaaaaaaaah!! I'm so freakin' out right now! Up until last week she really wouldn't let me, and then when I asked again this afternoon, voila! I cannot!! I'm so excited guys!! So excited to see le QUEENS, and WINNER! Gaaah, I wish it was the 17th already! GJUVKJABJBDF :"">

So, in celebration, I give you Chapter 21. Enjoy guys! Will try to update again soonest! ;)

Peace out and lots and lots of ♥! Newbie writer (still) ~ cescanicolelala

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

 

She couldn't believe what was happening. As if things in her life weren't bad yet, her dad had to be in an accident. What was he doing here anyway, she thought to herself while tears were running down her face. He was supposed to keep just stay put, he was supposed to wait for me to go to him. Dara was sitting at the waiting area with her dongsaengs and their omma. Her brother Cheondung had his arms wrapped around her shoulders while their sister Durami was hugging their omma tight.  At this point, the rest of the family still didn't know that she started to keep in touch with their appa late last year. Even though their dad did a lot of terrible things to their family, Dara couldn't help but get soft-hearted when his appa reached out to her. They had a plan, they were gonna take things slow about his coming back to them. She was slowly opening the topic with the rest of the family. His father had to ruin the plan by going to the YG building for who knows what reason. Perfect.

Across the family were the other 2NE1 girls along with their manager who was still on the phone, and beside them were the Big Bang boys except for Seunghyun. All of them were really worried about the family, especially Dara who seemed to be crying harder than the rest of the family. Jiyong couldn't stop looking at her. He felt really guilty about all their arguments, but he felt more angry that he still have some doubts in his head. He really needs to talk to that Joseph guy soon to clear things up. If only he tried answering his phone.

At that moment, the doctor approached the Park family. "Are you the wife?" He asked Dara's omma. The family stood up, while the rest of Dara's friends looked attentively at the distressed family.

"Y-yes, I am," her mother answered hesitantly, doubting whether it was still right to call her as such after being separated for a long time.

"You were in luck, Mrs. Park. Mr. Park is safe now. He had a few broken ribs and fractured right leg, but he'll be fine now. I advice though that you take better care for him, especially because of his sickness. It might take him a lot of time to heal because of that."

"Sickness?" Dara's omma asked, confused. Her dongsaeng's face also turned into that of confused. Only Dara was the one who knew the truth.

"You didn't know? He has-"

"Ah, doctor-nim, I think I better be the one to explain this to them." Dara said through tears.

"Tell what?" Cheondung asked, suddenly letting go of her noona.

"Not here Cheondung, Durami, omma. I'll explain later. First, can we go see him, doctor-nim?"

"Oh, he's just being transferred now. We'll send a nurse to lead you to his room once he's settled.

"Okay, thank you doctor-nim."

"What sickness Dara?" Her omma asked her as soon as the doctor was gone.

"Omma, in a more private setting. Please. I'm sorry for not telling you."

"Is it that bad, noona? Why didn't you tell us he was out of prison!" Said Cheondung, a little angry.

"Oppa, I don't think this is the right time to get angry at eonni. Let's hear her explanation first," Durami said.

Dara held Durami's hand as if to say thanks, then stood up towards her friends.

"Guys, thank you so much for being here with me, but no need to worry anymore. You should all go back to what you were doing now."

"Are you sure eonni? We could stay if you want, for support." Said Minzy.

"Yeah, the press might know about this. We can make sure they don't get too close." CL interjected.

"Or we can run errands for you if you want," said the ever kind Youngbae.

"I really appreciate all of this guys, but I think the family needs to be alone for now. I still have a lot to tell them."

"And us," Bom said. "Don't forget to tell us. You don't have to go through this alone, Dara." She held Dara's hand.

"I know. Thank you, Bommie." She said, smiling genuinely.

"Well, call us if ever you need anything. I know this is tough for you, but as your manager I'm afraid it's also my job to remind you about your comeback." Said their manager as they were about to leave.

"I know, oppa. Don't worry, I'll quickly settle things here and try to come back to rehearsals as soon as possible."

With a final tap on the shoulders, the rest of the gang went on their way. Dara locked eyes with Jiyong for a moment (she couldn't read his feelings through his eyes, seems like it's getting harder for her to understand him these days) but she just kept a straight face and went back to her family. She knew even though her plan with her appa didn't work, he would be successful with wanting to be with them again. She just hoped this wasn't the way they would've found out.

-----------------------------------------------

a/n: The next scene will be two situations happening at once. The blue one is what's happening with Jiyong and the red one is with Dara. I hope you guys can follow. Just think of this as those scenes in movies/TV shows where two situations happen in an overlapping manner to show how things fall into place. (Forgive me, I'm a production person so I do see these things as well when I write stories hahaha)

"Appa has Hodgkin disease. It is a type of lymphoma. Appa has cancer in his white blood cells, and because of this he has higher risks of infection and he has a very low immune system." Dara said, tears rolling down her face as she announced to her family about his father's illness. They were already in his father's private room, their appa still unconscious.

"And the fool is here," Joseph said. Jiyong turned around to meet him, his eyes filled with range. They decided to meet up at an abandoned parking lot somewhere in the more depressed part of Seoul. "You really are a fool, aren't you? Believing me over her just because she lied to you before. You're so gullible and pathetic. You don't deserve Dara." Joseph said as he slowly approached Jiyong.

"Actually, appa was diagnosed when he was still in prison. He was in the third stage then. He didn't even realize he was sick like that and the doctor said the cancer cells spread really fast with him. A few months after he was released in prison in the Philippines, he came here and secretly met up with me first last November. By then, he was already on the last stage. Although survival rates are very high, he was told to be really careful into getting common sicknesses and being invovled in accidents. His immune system is really low and getting sick and injured could lessen that even more." She explained further.

"Why are you doing this?" Jiyong asked angrily. He stared at Joseph, wanting to let him know how dead serious he is for messing with him. "Dara has been through enough, why do you have to make things hard even for us? You should have just left us alone."

"Can't you see? Things were already hard enough for the both of you. I just played the role of making that obvious, because the two of you were never going to end up together." He said, laughing crazily.

"And you two are? She broke up with you, years ago. She doesn't even think about you anymore, let alone love you. You should've just forgot about her when she left the Philippines. She was always better off without you."

"And you think she's better off with you? Don't kid yourself, Jiyong. You've got more issues than a self-conscious teenaged girl, and you've only been a burden to Dara. And if it weren't for you, the two of us would still be happy together and probably married by now."

"I don't understand why he can't just come to us directly. I mean, if he found a way to contact you secretly, I'm sure he could've just did the same with all of us. Why you?" Cheondung asked, a little offended his father didn't go to him, the man of their family.

"You were really mad with him, remember? Actually we all were. But especially you, Cheondung. I think you were the most betrayed of all, since you were the closest to him. But other than that, he didn't really want you guys to know about his illness. He just wanted to ask forgiveness for all he's done, and I was gonna help him get all of us back. He didn't want you all to worry. But then this happened."

"When did you have time to meet him anyway? Her mother asked.

"That was November 16-17, I told them I was going somewhere with you omma. I asked for a leave. He called me the night before and I got really worried, he sounded bad. Really bad. I couldn't not see him. I'm sorry if I didn't tell all of you earlier."

"So you think lying to me would break the two of us apart?" Jiyong asked.

"It worked, didn't it? Cause if it didn't, then why aren't you there with her family in the hospital? I bet you haven't even met her father."

"And you know her father?"

"Of course I do. I came here with him. He wanted to see his daughter, and I helped him."

"What? So November 16 and 17-"

"That's right, you fool. She met her father then. Those photos I gave you were originally photos he took with her. I had someone photoshop her out and stick it to another photo with me. Even after all those years you've been with Dara you couldn't trust her with your heart?"

"So you know about her father?"

"About his illness? Of course I do. I know everything. He likes me. He likes me for Dara."

"Well, he can't really decide what's right for Dara. He's been a bad father to her."

"But knowing Dara, she would always be soft-hearted towards her father. She loves him so much, even when he was being a terrible father back in the Philippines."

"I'm sorry omma, Cheondung, Durami... I just, I can't just let him do this on his own. You know I'm always gonna love him and support him no matter what he does-"

"We know, eonni. We understand. Right oppa?" She said, hitting his oppa with her elbows.

"I still feel like you should've told me earlier. But I understand, okay?" He said, standing up to hug her noona.

'I just... It was hard. I really didn't know what to do. I mean, how do you deal with something that big? He was gone for too long, and now that he's back, he might be gone again and not come back this time. I just didn't want all of you to live with that as well." She said, crying in her dongsaengs arms.

"Shhhh, It's okay, eonni. We'll get through this together." He said, hugging her noona tighter. Durami and their omma joined in on the hug later on.

"Is that how you found out about Dara and me? About our problems?" Jiyong asked.

"Yes. Dara really told his appa everything when they met again, and she still updated him every now and then. And his appa told me everything. I told you, he liked me. And everything has been real easy to plan out with that."

"But if you were with him all this time, why didn't you show yourself to Dara?"

"I told him I will wee her when I'm ready. And I will, I'm just waiting for the two of you to completely break up."

"You do realize she won't even get together with you when she finds out about this, do you?"

"And what makes you think he will still believe you after what you just did to her?"

"Because she loves me." Jiyong said with conviction.

"Oh, please. She loved me too. But she left me the moment you flirted with her. I bet if she would've known her life would be such a mess with you, she wouldn't have left me."

"She still wouldn't come back to you know."

"Why don't you just wait and see? I have my ways."

"Wait." Jiyong said, realizing something. "If you're the only one who's been accompanying Dara's appa all this time, it means you were the one who sent him off to YG."

"And?"

"Don't tell me..." He looked at Joseph's eyes who apparently just figured out what he realized.

"You caused the accident!" Jiyong said.

"You have no proof." Joseph smirked at him.

"How could you? And you still say you love Dara? HOW COULD YOU!" He grabbed a fistful of Joseph's shirt but the other guy punched him away. He threw a punch back and hit him squarely in the face.

"You stay away from Dara!" Jiyong said with all his pent up anger.

"No, you listen Jiyong. You stay away from Dara. Don't you think you've hurt her enough? Stop punishing her, especially since you don't even love her half as much as she loves you. You're not capable of loving like that. You're just a selfish man who loves nothing but himself and his career. She's so much better off without you." Joseph said.

Jiyong couldn't say anything else. He was right, of course he was right. But that doesn't mean he can have her. Dara loves him, that's he's completely sure of. And just like before, he'll fight for her.

"Well you can't have her," he said.

"Watch me." Joseph said, finality ringing in his words. He walked away but still looking at Jiyong dead serious in his eyes. When he reached his car, he rode in the driver's seat and drove off. Jiyong took that time to think about things for a moment.

"Do you have any space left for me in that hug?" Their appa said in a weak voice. The family immediatly broke apart from the hug.

"Appa!" Durami exclaimed, running to his father's bed side with tears suddenly swelling in her eyes.

"Hey princess. You've grown so much!" He said, tears also starting to swell in his eyes. "And Sanghyun! Or should I call you Cheondung now? That's what all the girls call you."

"Appa." He said, hugging his dad. He must've been angry at him, but her noona's right, he's the closest to him and he wants to bring that back.

"Thank you for the warning, Mr. Park." Dara's omma said. She just can't believe he's here. She thought about when they met again, but not like this. Nothing like this.

"Yobo..." Their appa said, reaching out his hand toward her.

"Yobo!" She cried out loud, hugging him in an instant. "You should've just came back earlier. We would've forgiven you. If you did that none of this would've happened. You wouldn't have risked your life."

"Ah, so Dara told you about my illness?"

"You should've been the one to tell us. How could you burden her like that!" She slapped his shoulder and he winced in pain.

"Mianhe, mianhe..." She said, caressing his shoulders.

"No, I'm the one who's sorry. To all of you. For everything I've done in the past, and for still making you suffer now."

"Appa, don't talk like that. We're here for you, we're all her for you. And having you here with us is not suffering. It's a blessing." Dara said.

"I love you, my family." He said with tears streaming freely down her face.

"I love you too appa/yobo" the family said in return. And they hugged all together. After a long time, the Park family is now complete.