VIII Nightmare or Reality?

The Happy Ending

Jiyong woke up to a bright, sunshiny day. At first he just laid in his bed, thinking about how the rays of sunlight entering the room makes him think that it was gonna be a great day. However, he noticed that the ceiling was different yet familiar. Upon sitting up, he also realized that he wasn't lying in his bed, neither was he inside his room.

"Babe, do you want me to start the shower for you?" A voice called from the bathroom. Even without her showing her face, he knew perfectly from whom this voice belonged to. As if on cue, Dara came out of the bathroom, a bathrobe worn over her pyjamas. She wore a huge smile as she came closer to him.

"Hey, goodmorning." She said cheerfully, sitting in front of him in the bed. She then came closer and kissed him swiftly on the lips. This sent electric tingles to Jiyong from his lips to the tips of the fingers of his feet. He wondered if he will ever get used to the sweet taste of her lips on his, to the tingles on his spine when their skin meet, to waking up beside her for all eternity. No wonder he thought it was gonna be a great day.

"Hey baby girl." He took her in his arms, his nose inhaling the scent of her hair. He could stay like this all day, the two of them cuddled together. After a while, he heard Dara giggling. "Why are you laughing?" He asked, still not letting go of her.

"Oh nothing. It just feels so good to be here right now. You know, this is my favorite place in the whole world."

"Yeah, so is mine."

They stayed like that again for another minute, but then the bath is waiting so, still giggling, Dara initiated to break up their embrace. When Jiyong was about to protest, she said "your bath is getting cold. Come on."

Standing up, Dara first approached the bathroom. Before she entered, she looked back and winked at him. He laughed out loud at her provoking actions. Still smiling, he stood up from the bed and hastily went through the door of the bathroom. What welcomed him inside was not what he was expecting just a while ago.

Blood was everywhere. The mirror was broken as if someone punched it, and the pieces were on the sink with a small pool of blood. A trail of blood continued on the floor, which led to the tub. The shower curtain was also stained by blood, and it was evident that someone unseen was inside. Taking a few cautious steps, Jiyong held his hand up to carefully sweep the curtain aside and glimpse at the occupant of the tub. As he slowly moved the curtain, he first saw a pair of feet submerged in a reddish water. Once the curtain was completely swept to the side, he was surprised to find that the occupant of the tub was Dara. Both her wrists were slashed and submerged in the water, which was what's causing the water to turn red. Her eyes were wide open and lifeless, but when Jiyong called her name, it was like they were brought back to life.

Jiyong made a move to come closer to her, to help her. Seeing his action, she sat up and went to the other side of the tub so as to stay as far away from him as possible. "You killed him! YOU KILLED HIM!" She was shouting again and again.

"Dara, please I need to take you to the hospital."

"YOU KILLED HIM!!"

"Dara, I didn't kill him. Now, please..." he took a step closer, but Dara started shouting louder and, as a motion to make him back up, splashed water on him. This caused his white shirt to be soaked in red water, making it seem like he was soaked in blood. Momentarily taken aback by her action, Dara ran off the tub and out of the room, blood from her wrists still dripping, leaving a trail of blood behind her. She ran fast that Jiyong couldn't catch up right away. He followed the trail of blood out of the bedroom, into the living room, and then to another room.

Inside, he found Dara sprawled in the middle of the room, swimming in her own blood and lifeless. He picked her up, trying to wake her. She didn't respond. Her skin was already pale and her lips purple. Just then he knew, she was gone. He screamed so loud he thought his throat would be ripped apart. His chest was hurting so bad and tears were soaking his face as much as her blood was soaking his clothes. Why did this happen? Why did she do this to herself? You killed him, she said. Killed who? He didn't kill anyone.

Just then, another person entered the room. It was Ji Na, wearing a long-sleeved black dress and a black hat with a black veil to cover her face. Her get up was that of someone who was about to attend a funeral.

"Why didn't you tell her earlier? Why did you allow this to happen? You killed him. You killed him, and now you killed her!"

Shocked, all he could do was look at his friend through the veil on her face which was obviously present to shield from view the tears which were falling down her face.

"YOU KILLED HER!"

 

----------------------------------------

 

Jiyong woke up with heavy breaths, his shirt drenched by the mixture of sweat and tears. What was that?? Why did he dream something like that? What does it mean.

Standing up, he went to the bathroom to wash his face. As he looked at his face in the mirror, he suddenly got a glimpse of the broken mirror he saw in his dream. It was one heck of a nightmare, and he wished with all his might that people were right when they said that things opposite to what you dreamt of come true instead. He never wanted to remember what happened in his dreams ever again.

Coming back to his room, he checked the time. It was half past eight in the morning and he had to be in the YG Building by 9:00AM. Cursing, he hurriedly took a shower, hastily picked out something to wear, placed food good enough until lunch in Gaho's food container, and then proceeded to drive to the YG Building.

Upon arrival, he went straight to the recording studio where he found Seungri who was recording for his upcoming album. Also inside was Teddy who was supervising Seungri's recording.

"Hey, waddup homie!" Teddy immediately greeted as soon as he entered. After exchanging greeting with Seungri as well, they went into business right away.

Seungri's recording session went on for almost two hours, but for that entire time GD can't help but think about his dream even though he told himself not to think about it anymore. It was distracting him so much that he couldn't properly help with Seungri's recording and Teddy took over everything.

When the session ended, Seungri immediately asked GD if he was okay and he said he was fine and just hadn't had a good night's sleep. He and Seungri then headed to the cafeteria to have lunch, then he proceeded to the music room right away to continue composing and producing songs for other YG artists and his upcoming new album. However, he really couldn't concentrate about anything else. At one point, he almost even made a song about his dream but it sounded so terrifying that he threw the idea right away.

He was hopeless. But how can he stop thinking about it? How the blood was everywhere? How it was Dara's blood? How she left him for good in the end? It was a horrible nightmare, one which felt like a warning for something to come. Weird but he felt like this kind of nightmare has happened to him before, like it was real yet so surreal. However, as far as his memory serves him right nothing of this sort has ever happened to him. And nothing of this sort will ever happen.

Infinitely distracted, he decided to get some coffee and walk around a little so as to clear his mind. On his way back after getting coffee, he saw Dara and Ji Na at a different coffee shop. They were sitting face to face with each other. Curious, Jiyong stopped and observed them for a few moments. He noticed how Dara's hands are clenched as if he was trying to keep her anger within, while Ji Na has that face of persistent nagging which he was so used to seeing every time his friend wanted to state establish a point she believes to be right. He also noticed that Dara's face are crunched up as well, as if she's in pain from hearing what the other girl is saying to her.

What could they be talking about? As far as he remembers, they've only just met yesterday and he didn't think Ji Na would be that hard-headed to approach Dara right away about her bring-them-back-together plans with Chaerin. Dara, even if she did suspect Ji Na to be behind the happening yesterday, wouldn't approach her like that right away. So what was this he was seeing. Probably... They already knew each other before? Is that why Ji Na spoke of Dara like that last night?

Could it be possible that, learning about their break up, Ji Na contacted Dara and forced out of her the real reason why they broke up? Is that why she seemed to be so sure Jiyong knows the cause of their break up? Is that why she accepted President Yang's job proposal?

He was more confused now more than ever. The fact that Ji Na was also in his nightmare about Dara means there's already some connection between the two. No matter what it is, he knew he had to find out what it is and he knows it will be easier to know this time since he already knows where to start. And so, even though there were more questions than answers, he finally figured out where he was supposed to start. And his quest in finding out the truth and bringing Dara back to his warm embrace started.

 

--------------------------------

 

a/n: We're getting closer and closer to unraveling the mysteries revolving around the two's break up. All questions will be answered real soon so I hope you stay tuned guys!

I do have to apologize in advance since I'm not sure if I can update right away again, what with our workload in school. I still have to write the script for our film class, study cases for our media law class, and final actions for thesis, among many others. I just really want to finish all this work right away and skip to graduation. -_____-

But I will try to update as soon as I can! Let's just hope I will be able to post another update within the week ahead.

I just passed the 1000th mark of views, and currently has 50+ subscribers already. Thank you, dear readers, for all the support! Even though its not yet much, it is for me since I've always wanted to do this before but never had the guts to. This really makes me all giddy inside, so thank you very much and I hope you stay with me till the end of the story. Hwaiting! ;)

 

Newbie Writer,

cescanicolelala ♥