II Broken Up for Good?

The Happy Ending

It has been two weeks since the big "break up" and to everyone's surprise, it seemed to be very final this time. Everybody (and by everybody it means all YG family members) were already used to the two breaking up for a couple of days but then eventually getting back together again. Although they were startled at first at how badly their phone call that night resulted into, no one really expected them to actually last this long without getting back together. They simply thought they were being stubborn in the beginning, but seeing as how they are still avoiding each other right now, it seems more serious than they believed it was.

The first three days were a mess, for both of them. Dara was all locked up in her room, refusing to take in visitors including hunger and sleepiness. For those three days, she just stayed in her room, crying her eyes out until she ran out of tears. Jiyong, on the other hand, lived in the practice room for three days. As Dara made her room her jail, so did Jiyong with the practice room. He tried his best to wear himself out, to simply try and forget all the pain he was feeling. He didn't care that he felt so exhausted at the end of the day because it caused him to sleep the moment his body meets his bed. Then the next day, he would do the same thing. As painful as it was to watch, their friends just let them deal with their pains in their own ways, trusting them to eventually find their own way back together again.

However, to everyone's disappointment, it didn't happen. Everybody was expectant because they noticed changes in both Dara and Jiyong. Dara finally took a step outside of her room, all made up for the monthly YG family meeting, and the same goes for Jiyong. Expectant gazes were surrounding the room when Dara entered first and, right before the President, Jiyong came in. To everyone's disappointment, they didn't even look at each other. Jiyong purposely took a seat at the other end of the table from Dara to avoid any eye contact. That's when they figured both were being stubborn. After the meeting, GD walked out of the conference room first while Dara went back to her room.

They tried setting them up, hell they did. But the two were just so keen on avoiding each other. In one way or another, they always find the perfect excuse to get away from their traps. Everyone was so busy plotting their set up plans that they didn't notice how two weeks went by so quickly.

"How can two people be so stubborn?" CL let out in exasperation. Everyone was gathered in 2NE1 dorm's living room to continue planning. This fight between the two is way too depressing for everyone.

"I understand how Jiyong is being all distant and cold to everyone, but I don't really get why Dara noona's reacting this way. I mean, she wanted to break up in the first place, right?" Seungri retorted, a slight hint of annoyance in his voice.

"How could you?!" CL retorted, rewarding Seungri with a slap in the arm.

"Oww!!"

"Do you think this is any easier for eonni? She's having just as hard a time as oppa is. Eonni loves oppa so much, you know that!"                                                                                                             

"That's what I thought, that noona loves hyung so much. But what's up with this? She needs to take lessons on love because clearly, loving someone means you do everything to NOT hurt the person you love."

"Why you-!!" CL stood up in agitation, ready to attack Seungri with her fist. At the same time, every person inside the room gathered together to separate the two.

"Guys, stop it alright? You two fighting really isn't gonna make the situation any better. This isn't about who did what, this is about two people who are clearly hurting more being apart than being together!" Taeyang, the oh so silent Youngbae, said in one breath that everyone actually stopped and looked at him.

Everybody fell silent for a while, weighing the seriousness of what Youngbae just said. It was clearly true: they were obviously hurting each other more by being apart. Why are they being so stubborn?

After a while, Minzy said, "Guys, what are we gonna do about Jiyong oppa and Dara eonni?" Tears were starting to form in the corner of her eyes as she finally realized the heaviness of the situation.

Nobody could answer her for a while. Nobody knew the answer.

"We'll figure something out." Kush said, full of confidence that everyone sat down again and started giving ideas for their set up plans. Everyone was too busy with planning that the small girl managed to leave the dorm unnoticed. She couldn't stand being there any longer. Even inside the four corners of her room, she was able to hear every single word the people in the living room are talking about. Today was different though. Their voices were just so full of... pain. No, she can't handle even just a second of it anymore. She had to get out of there.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

His radio guesting just ended and he didn't really want to go home yet, so he went back to the YG office and straight to the practice room which has become his sanctuary for the past few days. On his way there, he passed by a different room with the lights on. Involuntarily, he peeked to see who was inside. At first, he thought he was getting delusional as an image of a very familiar girl was sitting in the far end of the room. Upon seeing so much changes in her body, he then realized it was really her.

As quietly as he can, he opened the door and stepped inside. As he was walking towards her, he saw how her body stiffened first, then slowly turned around. If he thought her body was in bad shape, her face was much worse. She had red-brimmed eyes and dark circles under it, and her nose was as red as red riding hood's cloak. Without even thinking, he knelt down in front of her and cupped her face with his two hands to prevent her from looking away.

He just stared at her for a long time, trying to search for something from her sad brown orbs. When he found that tenderness he was so used to seeing every time they were together, he heaved a sigh of relief.

"Have you not been eating? You're all skin and bones. This isn't good for an idol, you know. What if you lose all your fans? You can't even go on for two weeks without me and still you want to break up?" It was meant to be a joke, but they both knew better: every word was true.

"Jiyong..." she softly whispered, closing her eyes. Somehow, hearing him say that made her feel more guilty. All this time, it has always been him who actively fought for what they have while she just followed his lead. Even now that they are slowly falling apart, it was still him who was fighting damn hard. Why can't she just be brave enough to fight for him, just once?

Unconsciously, both her hands went to hold his hands which were still cupping her face. He kept looking at her, willing her to open her eyes but what he saw next surprised him. He knew it was hard for the both of them, but when a tear fell from her closed eyes, he couldn't stop himself from his raging emotions anymore. In a blink of an eye, he closed the distance between them, his lips smacking to hers.

Taken aback by the sudden touching of their lips, Dara opened her eyes and tried to push him away but he wouldn't budge. Jiyong was kissing her with such gentle eagerness that she found herself kissing him back in no time, her arms automatically finding its place around his neck to pull him closer. They went on for long, savoring the sweet moment. They missed each other way too much. They have never been separated this long before, and the touching of their lips made them realize how much they needed to be together. They could have stayed like that forever because everything was so much simpler when they were kissing but the need for breath caused their lips to break apart. They hugged each other tightly as their ragged breaths were the only sounds to be heard. As if realizing what just happened, Dara pushed Jiyong away with all her strength that it caught him off guard and made him sit fully on the floor.

With her face all red, Dara stood up and started heading for the door when her arm was grabbed tightly by Jiyong's hands, turning her to face him. "Where are you going?"                 

"I have to get away from you. This is wrong," she said, shaking her head and trying to get out of Jiyong's grip, but he just held tighter.

"What's wrong?"

"This. Everything. It's all wrong."

"What's so wrong with letting your emotions rule over you? At least they're telling the truth unlike you. Why can't you just admit that you want us to be together as bad as I want us to be?"

Dara heaved a deep sigh and pinched the bridge of her nose with her other hand. "Ji, don't make this harder than it already is. We've already broken up."

"You're the one that's making it harder!" He cried out in frustration. "When will you stop being afraid of fighting for what you want?! Dara, it takes two to play a game and as long as I'm the only active participant here, we would never make it to the next stage."

"Well then you can stop now, because I already told you we're done. You don't have to waste your time anymore."

"Dara-"

"JIYONG, STOP IT!!!!" She shouted as loud as she can that she was sure the whole building heard her. He was so surprised with her outburst that his grip on her arm loosened until his hand fell to his side. He just stared at her, his face crunching in pain.

"We've already talked about this," she continued in her normal tone. "It's over. Just... let me go." Her last three words echoed in the room and it caused Jiyong to stay rooted in his place. Taking advantage of his current situation, Dara turned around and walked away of the room.

"You can walk away now baby girl, but I will never let you walk away of my life. I'll fight for the both of us if that's what it takes." He weakly smiled and walked out of the door.

 

------------------------------------------

a/n:

Because I was feeling excited about your reactions, I decided to upload the next chapter earlier. What do you think? Are they really broken up for good now?

By the way, I would just like to say thanks. It might not be much, but I already felt overwhelmed with the number of views and subscribers I got even for just a short period of time. It was my first fanfic as well, so I'm very thankful to everyone! Please look forward to the next chapters, I will do my best to make it a story worth reading. \/^^

Oh, and do leave comments so I may know if you're still finding the story okay! Thanks guys!

Newbie writer,

cescanicolelala