XX The "T" Word

The Happy Ending

It has been two weeks since that faithful day of their big argument. No seeing each other, no communication, nothing. Nobody even knows what happened this time. Dara wouldn't tell her members and so does Jiyong. A couple of times the people around them tried to set them up but they just wouldn't fall for any of their plans. It wasn't even as bad as their last break-up, it was worse. This time around, nobody has even a slight clue what happened. All they know was that one moment, the two were head-over-heels, over-the-top in love with each other. And then the next morning, they were acting like they didn't know each other. It wasn't causing much of a trouble since the two didn't really talk about it to anyone, and since 2NE1 was very busy with their upcoming comeback, everyone couldn't pay attention to it that much.

They didn't plan anything, but they really didn't see each other by chance even though the two were at the company almost every day. Dara thought fate was really giving them time to think things through. Jiyong thought Dara was really the best with avoiding people because he feels like how he felt when Dara was avoiding him during their last break up. Dara knew she was gonna have to talk with Jiyong really soon but she didn't really want to approach him first. She kinda feels like he's the one who's got a lot of explaining to do, and he'll approach her when he's ready to talk to her. Jiyong, too, was waiting for her to approach him first. For him, Dara needed to realize she's at fault and she'll approach him when she realizes that. Again and again, they were being their stubborn selves.

Because of the last time the two broke up, every other one of their friends couldn't really care less about their latest argument. Although they didn't know anything about what's happening this time, they believe the last break up was still the worst the two ever had. They trusted nothing else could beat the graveness of that, so they just let the two be. Not because they didn't really care, but because they know no matter how many times they fought, these two would end up together in the end. They didn't realize it was really serious this time around.

For the last 2 weeks, Dara has been trying to track down Joseph's whereabouts. If Jiyong said he met him the night before their argument, he must've been here in Seoul then. He contacted a few of their old friend from the Philippines, but those friends said they didn't really have any form of contact with Joseph for a long time. She didn't have his old phone number anymore (which she doubted is still active if she did have it) and they weren't friends in any of her SNS accounts, public and private. She's about to give up completely with finding him. And then, the other night, as she was yet again trying to figure out what happened to Joseph after she left the Philippines, she thought about something insane. What if there really was no Joseph that night? What if Jiyong was just testing her patience, pretending he met her ex? Or worse, what if he just imagined the whole thing?

So by Tuesday night, 18th of February 2014, Dara came up with 3 conclusions:

1. Joseph, who when she left the Philippines was hoping he'd come back for him one day, has been secretly stalking the two of them for years. When he found out about their big break up (in one way or another, he would if he was a good stalker), he decided to take action and level up with his planning. Eventually finding out they were back together again and getting really serious this time, he proceeded with his plan of breaking them up by lying about the two of them secretly meeting each other.

2. Jiyong, super serious about his "someday" talks, decided to test how much Dara could take. He wanted to make up a situation where he accuses Dara of cheating and wants to see what she would do, whether he would fight for him or let him do the first move again (since the two always had issues about Dara not fighting for their relationship enough). Heck, this could all be part of a plan which will lead to a proposal in the end. OHMYGOD WHAT IF HE PROPOSES TO HER?

3. Jiyong could be insane. Unless he really did meet stalker Joseph or he was a really good actor, he must be nuts. How else could she explain the seriousness in Jiyong's emotions if it weren't those two? He really seemed to believe of everything he was saying. His anger was no joke. It was one of those don't-you-dare-say-I'm-wrong-because-I-know-I'm-right anger. He had that don't-mess-around feel. Yep, Jiyong must be insane.

Dara must be insane as well. Or at least she was on her way to being one. This thing was driving her insane, especially the part where Jiyong wouldn't even talk to her. This is the first time he didn't even try to reach out to her, and they haven't even officially broken up yet (for the nth time). She was afraid this might really be the real deal this time if she didn't do anything, but honestly she hasn't the slightest idea what she should do. She just wasn't good with initiating this kind of things because it has always been Jiyong's role to do the first step. By the looks of it, she has to move fast because seems like the not talking or seeing each other isn't doing both of them any good. Well, her at least.

She still can't believe he thought she would lie though. Even though her progress in their relationship was slow, Jiyong should've knew by their last break up that Dara loves him almost more than she loved her life. He was her life! Thinking about how he chose to trust someone he barely met over her almost made her world crumble down, not to mention all those pent up emotions he wouldn't have told her if not for that argument. Could this all be a metaphor of how Jiyong didn't really trust Dara's love for him?

 

Wednesday morning, 19th of Ferbruary. Dara was on her way to practice. She decided to do a little detour since she was still feeling a little bit down about the conclusions she came up the night before. Actually, she was walking mindlessly and didn't know where she was until she saw a familiar figure walking down from the other end of the hallway. He looked beat up, dead-tired, out of this world. He looked so down, she thought for a minute maybe he was just as frustrated and hurt with all of this as she was. But when he saw her walking towards him, his whole face and posture changed. His sad eyes turned to badly hurt and angry ones, his slouched shoulders straightened up, and his slow pace went fast. He looked straight ahead, not looking at her and just went past her.

Not being able to take it anymore, Dara blurted loud enough for him to hear "So, you're still not talking to me?"

Jiyong stopped walking and looked back at her saying, "So, you're still lying to me?"

"God Jiyong, how many times do I have to say that I didn't lie?"

"Stop it! Just stop lying." He said, walking closer to face her. "I have all the evidence I need. Stop lying."

"I'm not lying! I don't know what evidence you're talking about but I swear, I'm not lying."

"Hah!"

Dara grimaced when he smelled something odd about Jiyong's breath. "Don't tell me... Have you been smoking? And drinking?"

"So what if I am?" He replied angrily.

"Jiyong! You know how I feel about that."

"What is it to you? It's my body. And why the hell are you whispering?"

"Because I don't want anyone to hear us arguing."

"Are you afraid of people knowing what a liar you are?" He said. "She's a liar!" He shouted as loud as he can, pointing a finger at Dara and looking around.

"You can be such an a55hole sometimes, huh?" She said, pushing him in the chest.

Angered, he fished out photos from his pocket and threw it on the ground. "How can you still lie to my face when I have these?"

Confused, Dara picked up the photos. When she saw it, she was so shocked. How can she be in those photos? And was that really Joseph beside her, supposedly?

"What the h3ll are you playing, Jiyong?" She said, about as angry as him now. How can he fake even their photos?

"You tell me. I know that you two met last November when you asked for a two-day leave. I also know you've been seeing each other since then."

"I have not been seeing him! I don't even remember taking these photos! If you had this edited-"

"You really think I'd stoop down to that level? God Dara I just had you back. Why the h3ll are you doing this to me?!"

"This is not me okay! I don't know how you got this or who gave this to you, but this is not me! That two-day leave last November, I did that to fix something really important but I sure as h3ll did not meet up with Joseph. I don't know how you got all this story, but I swear to god I am not lying!"

"Why did you lie then? You said you were going somewhere with your mom on that leave, but she was at home."

"It's... It's complicated, okay. I can't tell you. And my mom doesn't know either. But it was not to meet Joseph. I haven't even met him for years. I told you already!"

"Bullsh1t!" He said, punching the wall on his left side.

"Look, if you can't really believe me, I can't force you. But god Jiyong, I thought I knew you better. I though you knew me better. You honestly believe I can do something like this? You really think I would do this to you? I love you! More than you think I do, and the thought of you even having the slightest doubt about that hurts me so much. These pictures? This doesn't prove anything! They could be photoshopped, for all I care. But I never took these photos, and I never met with Joseph for the last 7 years. Now, if he looked for you and tried to fool you into believing that I could do something horrible like this, then it's up to you to believe him. It's up to you to give in to his lies. But if you question your trust in me enough to believe him despite having just met him, then maybe you never trusted me at all." She was close to tears, but she tried to blink them back.

Slightly taken aback, Jiyong opened and closed his mouth to look for something to say. After the initial shock, he finally said "I still know what I heard, Dara. He couldn't have told me those things if it weren't true. He looked so sincere and genuinely hurt. And you've lied to me before. He couldn't have fooled me."

"Well, looks like we've both been fooled huh? Look," she said, pinching the bridge of her nose. "He's my ex-boyfriend. I told you before that when I left the Philippines, he said he hoped we'd get back together someday. I don't know how but I think he's doing all of this to break us up, so he can get me back for himself. Don't you think him being my ex was motive enough to make up fake stories about us seeing each other behind your back?"

He couldn't answer.

"God, Jiyong, how can you be so naive? After everything, do you still doubt how much I feel for you?" Dara didn't know when she started crying but she could feel hot tears falling down her cheeks.

Still, he didn't answer. He was so hung up on the anger, he was still trying to digest everything Dara is telling him.

"You're hopeless, Jiyong. Talk to me when you've got things figured out." She stomped away, leaving a half-angry, half-confused Jiyong.

------------------------------------------------

Is he even serious? Photos that are probably photoshopped and words of a stranger? That's his basis for believing I lied? What a great boyfriend! Dara though angrily as she stomped off to their practice room. Hot tears were still falling down her cheeks but she felt like she had to keep moving in order to not break down. This was even worse than she thought. It looked like Joseph really was the one on the photos, proving that he must really went looking for Jiyong. His motive is clear as well, he's trying to break the two of them up. Why can't he see that?

Once she got in the elevator, she pressed the floor number of their practice room and wiped her tears with her jacket. She breathed in and breathed out so as to calm herself down and stop the tears from falling. She has to focus right now. She need to focus on their comeback especially since there's only a few days left before the release of their new album. No, she couldn't let this problem with Jiyong get in the way of their comeback. She can't ruin it for the girls.

By the time she arrived in their floor, she was calmed enough and ready for practice. She walked down the hallways and immediately entered the practice room. She was glad she left a little early so she wasn't late. In fact, she was the first to arrive. She walked towards the corner to start warming up. After that, she started reviewing some of the routines for their new songs, as well as for the routines for their concert.

As she was in the middle of one of the routines, Minzy rushed inside the practice room. She was surprised by this action, but what surprised her more was the look on maknae's face.

"Eonni!" She said breathlessly, tears staring to well up a little.

"Minzy, what happened? Are you okay?" She said, walking closer to her, putting both hands on her arms.

"Eonni..." She said, panting.

"Minzy, talk to me. What is it? Where are the other girls? Are they hurt? Minzy, please."

"They're fine eonni. It's not them, but they're outside the YG building right now. There's been an accident."

"What? Who?" Dara said, panicking a little now. "Don't tell me..." Jiyong? No, it can't be. She was just talking to him.

"No eonni, it's not Jiyong oppa either."

Relief flooded her as soon as Minzy said that. But then, she got worried again. Who could have had an accident.

"Minzy, tell me please. Who's been in accident?"

"Eonni..." Minzy said, tears starting to roll down her face. "It's..."

------------------------------------------

Jiyong is losing his mind right now. He's so angry. So angry at Joseph for trying to make him believe about Dara. So angry at himself for actually believing him. What was he thinking? He should've trusted Dara more. There is still, however, a little doubt in him. He still thinks there is enough reason for Dara to lie to him and betray him like this, sort of like how he betrayed her with his past. That was what's making him more angry.

He's been dialing the number Joseph gave him that night but he wasn't picking up. He's called a couple of times, but never has Joseph picked up the phone. He's getting impatient now. He wants answers. He wants to know what his real motives are. He wants to punch him in the face. He wants to kill him, then maybe kill himself. He was just so angry.

He threw his phone to the sofa in his studio when Joseph still hasn't answered the phone. He was about to give up, but then again his anger pushed him to get his phone and try calling again.

On the third ring, Seungri suddenly busted in the studio.

"Hyung!" He called out, in panic mode and eyes almost tearing up.

"What?" He said angrily, annoyed that Seungri suddenly showed up until he saw the look on his face.

"Hyung, there's been an accident."

"What?! Was it Dara?!"

"No, no, hyung." Jiyong was relieved when he heard Seungri said that. "Not directly, at least."

"What do you mean?"

"Hyung, it's really serious. Dara noona's appa... Hyung, he's been in an accident!"

 

---------------------------------------------------

a/n: Fastest update ever! Fourth update in a week, hehe. I hope being gone for a long time is fully compensated by now. ;)

Anyway, I have to say that I'm really loving reading all of your comments, even if some of them are expressions of hate towards Joseph. He really is annoying, right? But that's just the beginning, I guess. Haha. Do comment more cause it really cheers me up! ;;)

Will update again soon! 

Peace out! Newbie writer (still) ~ cescanicolelala

 

P.S. Do follow my twitter account @cescanicolelala, feel free to talk to me there. You can also, you know, remind me when I'm starting to forget with my updates. Hihi.