XV Spoiled

The Happy Ending

"Are you still not done?" Youngbae asked Jiyong for the hundredth time that day. It was their last day in Paris and they dedicated it for shopping time. However, Youngbae didn't expect Jiyong to be REALLY dedicated in shopping. He was just buying all kinds of crazy expensive stuff, and the most crazy part was it was all for Dara.

"Just a little bit more." Jiyong said, unaware of his best friend's scrunched up face.

"You told me that two hours ago," he said, starting to get really impatient already.

"Miss, do you have this in small?" Jiyong asked a saleslady, fully ignoring what Youngbae has just said. He gives up. He knew the mighty G-Dragon was long gone and here in front of him was the lovesick puppy Kwon Jiyong. He knew that no matter how many times he nags, this one wouldn't care. He's got one goal and he'll do anything to fulfill that, and the goal is to do anything and everything for Dara. Yep, his best friend was love-struck crazy.

"This is fine. I'll take this along with the others."

"Okay sir, this way to the counter."

"Finally!" Youngbae exclaimed. Jiyong gave him a strange look.

"What?"

"What are you so hot about anyway?"

"Since it has been a while since the last time you did this, I'm going to let this slide. But I just noticed you're buying Dara twice as much stuff as you used to buy her before."

"Just wanted to make up for lost time," Jiyong explained as they followed the saleslady to the counter.

"Don't you think she'll be a teeny bit overwhelmed? I know I would, even if I were separated from you for 6 months."

Jiyong glared at him.

"Too much?" He made a sorry face.

"Look, I just want to spoil her as much as I can right now. Besides, we just got back together again and I run off with you to Paris. I'm lucky she didn't think I was cheating on her with you."

"You wish." They laughed.

"As I said earlier, I'll let it slide. Just this once."

"Here's your total bill, sir." The cashier showed it to Jiyong. He gave her his credit card.

"Thank you for shopping, sir. You sure got a lucky girlfriend." The lady remarked. Jiyong smiled at her and mumbled a shy thanks.

Youngbae helped him carry all the paper bags back to their car and put it in the trunk with the other paper bags. They then climbed in the car and told the driver to bring them back to their hotel.

"I'm so excited to go back to Seoul!" Jiyong said as soon as the car was moving.

"You really don't say, huh? You've been excited to go home from the moment the plane left at Incheon airport."

"You're such a spoilsport. You better start dating soon before you are eaten up with jealousy."

"I'm not jealous. I like being single." Youngbae said a little bit defensively.

"If you say so," Jiyong said with a smirk on his face.

"Oh!" Youngbae suddenly exclaimed. "Did you get that coat that Bom noona asked for us to buy?"

"What coat?"

"You didn't buy the coat?!"

Jiyong innocently looked at him.

"Ugh, Jiyong~~!"

-------------------------------------------------------------

Dara was busy fixing up a dinner meal for her and the girls in the kitchen. Honestly, she's trying her best but she didn't want to admit she was failing miserably at cooking. Bom said she would do the cooking but Dara insisted she was confident about it this time. There goes her confidence.

Just as she was stirring the Kimchi Jjigae, an all-too-familiar pair of arms encircled around her waist, and a sultry, almost seducing voice that made her toes tingle (perhaps only for her, but she doubted that) whispered in her ear, "that smells good."

Surprised, but loving the sudden contact, she said almost breathlessly, "what are you doing here?"

Jiyong turned her around so they're facing each other, then he pulled her closer and hugged her real tightly that the laddle she was holding fell to the ground.

"I missed you so much!" He exclaimed. Dara wrapped her arms around his neck in no time as a sort of answer that she missed him too.

"I thought you wouldn't be back until tomorrow?" She asked, failing to hide the hint of smile in her voice.

"I couldn't take it anymore. A week without you was too long. I had to see you right away." He said as he released her from his hug but remained holding her waist.

"Well I'm glad you're back tonight." She pecked him on the cheek then turned around to pick up the laddle and wash it before using it again on the stew she was still cooking. "This one's almost over. I hope you haven't had dinner yet."

Jiyong was frozen to the ground after Dara kissed her, but then came back to his senses when she spoke. "You're full of surprises, aren't you?"

Dara just giggled in answer.

"Yah, Jiyong oppa, don't you think this one's a bit overboeard?" The couple heard Chaerin shout from the living room.

"What seems a bit overboard?" Dara asked Jiyong. He just gave her a knowing smile.

"What seems a bit overboard?" Dara asked again, louder this time to signal that she was asking Chaerin.

After a while, Chaerin peeked in the kitchen and told Dara "see for yourself."

Dara turned off the stove and went to the living room. Jiyong silently followed behind her.

Nothing would've prepared her from what she saw at the living room. Chaerin was wrong, this was not a bit overboard, it was waaaay overboard. The living room was half-filled by Minzy, Bom, Chaerin, and Youngbae, and the other half was filled with lots and lots of paper bags, all from branded stores and all as big as a small television.

Dara eyes widened and she opened and closed a couple of times to say something but she didn't really know what to say. She then looked at Jiyong who, again, just looked at her with a knowing smile. After a while Dara finally said, "When I said don't come back empty-handed, I was picturing a paper bag or two in mind."

"You didn't like it?" Jiyong asked her, a sort of panic and, is that fear?, can be seen in his eyes.

"No, no!" She answered right away. "Not that I didn't like it. But don't you think you bought too much? Of course unless this isn't all for me."

"Of course it's all for you." He said, a little frown starting to form in his face.

"He didn't even buy us anything, unnie." Minzy said.

Not knowing what to say next, she just told Jiyong "can you please help me bring all this to my room?"

Dara then told Chaerin that the food was already cooked and that they can start setting the table. She then proceeded in bringing all the paper bags to her room with Jiyong helping her.  Just like the living room, the paper bags took too much space inside her room. They placed all the paper bags on the floor the Dara sat on her bed while Jiyong stood near the door.

"You didn't like it." It wasn't a question, and he said it with a serious face.

Dara sighed then said, "it's not that I didn't like it. " She pressed her lips together to find for the right words to say without hurting his feelings. "I guess it was a bit overwhelming."

"You don't have to pretend like you like it, okay. Just share it with the girls if you feel burdensome." He turned around to grab the doorknob but Dara was beside her in an instant. She grabbed his hand to stop him from leaving.

"Hey, hey, where did that come from? I don't feel burdened, okay? Look at me." Jiyong just bowed his head but Dara grabbed his chin and lifted it, willing him to look at her. "You know I like it when you buy me stuff, right? You always makes me feel special. I was just surprised that you bought a lot, that's all. Don't ever think that I feel burdened by this."

"I'm sorry Dara, I just really wanted to make up for all those times that I couldn't buy you stuff. You really don't have to pretend to like it if you don't." He tried to grab some of the paper bags but Dara held both of his hands together.

"I like it. Leave it, please. It's gonna take a while to plan how I'm gonna use all of it, but I like it. I promise." She gave him a relaxed smile, and soon he breathed out a heavy sigh then hugged her again, his arms automatically finding their way around her waist while hers around his neck.

"Sorry if I surprised you. Twice. Well, I know you liked the first surprised anyway, maybe a bit too much." She slapped his back but laughed. "I'll try to tone it down next time." Jiyong hugged her tighter which made her giggle a little, but then she bit her lip. Something unkown even to her was suddenly bothering her and for the first time after she found out about his secret, she was afraid.

--------------------------------------------------------

"You sent them off?" Chaerin asked as soon as Dara came in of the front door. It was a very stiff and awkward night for all of them after Dara and Jiyong came out of Dara's room earlier. Everyone didn't really know what to say but since they were holding hands, they assumed the two have already talked about it. They ate in awkward silence, then Jiyong and Youngbae said they needed to go. Nobody even commented about Dara's badly-cooked Kimchi Jjigae. They just had to eat in silence.

"Yes. Apparently, they came here as soon as they got out of the airport, so Jangmin-ssi (Big Bang driver) had to pick them up." Dara said, collapsing beside CL in the couch. The two other girls retired to their bedrooms after the two boys left and Chaerin waited for Dara to come back before resting as well. She felt like Dara needed someone to talk to as soon as she returned.

Chaerin raised her eyebrows at Dara. "What?" Dara asked.

"You okay?" She asked, knowing something's bothering Dara.

"I'm fine." She said. She closed her eyes for a bit and when she opened them, Chaerin was still raising an eyebrow on her.

Dara sighed. "I'm really fine, Chaerin~ah. I think I was just a little bit overwhelmed."

"With what oppa bought for you? Oh, I think everyone was a bit overwhelmed." Chaerin jokingly said, trying to lighten up the mood. It didn't work though because Dara was already lost in her deep thoughts.

"He's changed. I don't know how, but I think he's changed." Dara said, frowning.

"Unnie, don't think too much about it. I'm sure he just missed spoiling you like this, that's why he went overboard. Besides, it's only been a week or so since you two got back together again." She said, patting Dara's back to comfort her.

"You know what, you're right. Thanks, Chaerin~ah. Let's rest now, we still have practice tomorrow."

"Okay unnie, good night."

"Good night." She smiled at her, then headed to her room.

She sighed again as soon as she saw the paper bags of branded stuff Jiyong bought from Paris. She couldn't point out what, but something was really bothering her. She lied in her bed, enexpectedly feeling tired, when her phone rang. It was Jiyong.

"Hey you," she answered.

"I'm home'" she informed Dara. "Thanks for tonight."

"Thanks for freaking out on you, you mean?" She laughed.

"Well, I guess I gave you a great deal to freak out about." He said. "I'm sorry."

"Ji, you don't have to apologize. I understand why you did that."

"I still should've held back a little. After all, we just got back together again."

She didn't know how to respond, but she felt really touched somehow that he was apologizing for behaving in a way that really surprised her.

"I'm really glad you're back, Ji." She said, genuinely meaning what she said. " You should rest now, you're concert is in a few days."

"Yes. You should rest, too. I know you and the girls are too busy lately."

"Yes, yes. See you tomorrow."

"See you. I love you, Dara."

"I love you too, Ji. So much."

"Bye."

"Bye." She hung up, smiling like a fool. And just like that, all her worries and fears were forgotten.

 

------------------------------------------------

a/n: Wrote this chapter instead of studying for my exam tomorrow. What is wrong with me? :( :))

BTW, Come Back Home and Happy MV came out today!!! Gaaah, was super ecstatic about it. The CBH MV was out of this world, and I super loved the cute graphics in the Happy MV. Perfect OT4 is perfect. :") Plus, delulu appler mind on the works. Did you notice how the guy in the MV slightly resembled someone? The hair, the white sleeveless undershirt, the tattoos, hmmm... But nobody can deny that Dara's hair was strangely familiar... *ehem ehem* Butterfly MV *ehem ehem*

Anyway, hope you enjoyed this chapter. Will try to update again before the week ends but if I couldn't, well I wouldn't have anything to do starting next week. Tra-la-la...

Peace out! Newbie writer (still) ~ cescanicolelala