VI Sneaky Little Chaerin

The Happy Ending

"Yah~! Unni!" CL said for the thousandth time.

Dara finally looked up. She didn't notice that she has been staring into space. CL was at the entrance of the doorway of the conference room, ready to leave.

"Are we leaving already?" Dara asked. She must've been staring into space for long because she couldn't remember all the people in the room going out one by one. She silently scolded herself, picked up her bag and followed CL out of the door.

"What's wrong with you, unni? I really was scared when you wouldn't even answer me." The worry in CL's voice cannot be denied. She doesn't understand why Dara was acting like this again. Perhaps, something happened to her? "Did something happen to you when you went out to the comfort room? Did you see something?"

"Of course not!" Dara answered way too fast. CL gave her a knowing look but she wouldn't dare tell her. She couldn't let anybody know. "Mianhe, CL~roo. I must've made you worried a lot. But I'm completely fine, okay?" She hooked her arms with CL's. "Don't worry, I'll tell you when I don't feel fine. Okay?"

CL silently nodded with a frown on her face. This made Dara smile. "Kaja! Let's go out to eat. My treat!"

And just like that, CL had to let it slip aside. How can she keep pestering her when she can feel that whatever her unni's keeping is making things really hard for her?

The two girls headed to the direction of the elevator. Dara told CL to tell the other members to follow them as well. "We'll soon spend less of our times together, especially since you're moving out of the dorm soon. Let's have fun tonight!" So CL texted the two other girls right away.

They were talking about something funny when the elevator arrived. Upon the opening of the doors, it revealed two occupants in the persona of Kwon Jiyong and Kim Ji Na.

"Oh oppa. You're still here?" CL addresed to the two of them.

"We just had a conversation with sajangnim. Going down?" He asked the two of them, looking at Dara with a smile on his face.

The two girls entered the elevator. Ji Na immediately started a conversation with CL which left Jiyong and Dara quiet for a while.

"You girls going somewhere?" Jiyong asked Dara.

"Just eating out with the girls," Dara replied with an awkward smile.

"Ah..."

"You know," CL said loudly, directing her statement to everyone on the elevator. "Why don't you two come with us? After all it's been too long since you hung out with the girls oppa. And it could be the perfect welcome dinner for Ji Na unni here. After all, she might be our manager right? CL smiled widely at her brilliant idea.

Dara eyed CL, trying to give her a signal to take back what she just said. Unfortunately, CL didn't get her signal. She seemed to be so fond of the newcomer already.

"That would be a great idea!" Said Ji Na. "It's been too long since I've last been here. I'm so excited to..."

And so CL and Ji Na went on chatting again while Jiyong and Dara turned awkwardly silent once more. When the elevator came to a halt, Ji Na's phone suddenly rang. Her face quickly turned from happiness to that of worry. Dara noticed how Jiyong seemed to be observing Ji Na closely, and even if she didn't want to, it bothered her.

When Ji Na put her phone down, Jiyong immediately asked her "what's wrong?"

"It's grandpa. Mom said he's getting worse. I have to go to the hospital right now."

"Let me take you-" Jiyong started but he was immediately cut off by Ji Na.

"You know you can't do that."

Dara and CL gave meaningful glances at Jiyong and Ji Na as if trying to figure out something while the latter are two seem to be having a silent conversation with their eyes.

"You're right," Jiyong said in defeat. "What if I-"

"How about I go with her, oppa?" CL interjected. Everyone surprisedly looked at CL. "I mean, that's better than having her go alone right?"

"But what about-" Dara started but CL cut her off again.

"Oppa can bring you. He was going with us anyway. I'll just tell the girls to meet you two up."

And with that, everything was already decided. Without any other words, CL dragged Ji Na away to go to their destination, leaving the two awkwardly silent behind.

After what seemed like forever of awkwardness, Jiyong cleared his throat and said, "Let's go? I brought my car, let's just use that. Unless you brought yours?"

"No. The manager dropped us off earlier," Dara replied.

They proceeded to the basement parking. Once there, he led her to where his car was right away. Out of habit, Jiyong opened the passenger seat side's door for her. Dara mumbled a weak thanks then sat down. Jiyong closed the door and proceeded to the driver's side to take his seat. After putting on his seatbelt, he almost reached out to the other side to wear her seatbelt on her. He stopped in his tracks when he realized she was already wearing them. He silently scolded himself, being reminded that he cannot do those things anymore. At least not for now.

It has been a while since Dara last went on a ride in his car. She stopped riding even before they broke up due to their busy schedules. Taking a quick scan of the inside of the car, she noticed that it hasn't changed much. She also took note that their supposed couple car accessory was still hanging on his rearview mirror. When he saw her looking at it, he mentally noted to hang it in a different place next time.

"So, where were you going again?" he asked Dara.

She suddenly slapped her forehead, remembering that she asked CL to take care of everything. She immediately called CL, but she wouldn't answer her call. She called Bom next but like CL, she didn't answer her phone. Finally, she called Minzy which picked up after 3 rings.

"Eat out?" Minzy said upon Dara's question of where CL said they would eat. "Unni didn't tell us that we're eating out."

"What? But I told her to tell you. Didn't she say what place she reserved for us?"

"No unni. Besides, Bom unni is sleeping already. We also ate a while ago before proceeding to the dorm. We told CL unni about this, didn't she tell you?" Minzy answered, the sound of confusion in her voice. Beside her, Dara knows Jiyong can hear the whole thing since its too quiet and the voice on the line can somehow be heard.

Without meaning to, Dara's face turned red out of anger and embarassment. I am so gonna kill Chaerin! "Well, can't you still get out? We're already on our way to look for a restaurant."

"Unni I told you, Bom unni is already resting. Besides, who are you with? CL unni texted me saying she might go home late and she went Ji Na unni to accompany her to the hospital."

If it was possible to turn even redder, she believed she did. She ended the call after telling Minzy she won't be late.

While Dara was deciding how to tell Jiyong that she'll just get off and ask her manager to pick her up, he suddenly said "so, where do you want to eat?"

Startled by his question, she answered "Jiyong, we don't have to. I can just ask my manager to pick me up here and drive thru somewhere. I'm sure you're pretty busy nowadays."

"No, its fine. You're already here anyway. Besides, I was originally free tonight anyway." he said with a big smile on his face.

"I dunno..."

"Come on, for old time's sake?" And Dara knew by old time's sake, he meant when they were still trainees. Dara couldn't help but give in. His face was just too full of excitement that she just couldn't let him down and say no. They were really tight before everything else, after all.

"Fiiiiiine." she said, and they both laughed.

"So where are we eating?" Jiyong asked expectantly.

"What do you have in mind?"

Jiyong smirked at Dara and started the car, already having a destination in mind.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------

a/n: Hey guuuuuuys!!! Thank you so much for 700+ views and 42 subscribers! *giddy giddy*

I do apologize if I take some time updating. Again, its really crazy at school right now. But I will promise to try to update at least once a week. :)

Anyway, how are you guys liking the story so faaaaar? Do you think each chapter is too short?? Do post your comments, I'd really like to know what you think about this story. I've still got a lot in mind with this story, and I'm sure ya'll curious what role Ji Na has in Daragon's life. :)

Oh, and I know I'm 13 days late, but Happy New Year guys!! Have a happy and bright 2014!^^

Newbie writer,

cescanicolelala♥