The Loudest Silence ♡

you're my angel, my only cover girl ♡ | scenario shop
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Hana (hana01)

EXO's Kris (Wu Yifan)

BG Music: You Don't Even Know by Lim Kim (Kim Yerim)

Hana quietly made her way to her seat, not bothering to even look around her surroundings. What was so different about senior year? Rather than it being painful, the girl was used to the pain and numb to loneliness. She even was so used to it that the solitude almost became...peaceful to her. If somebody decided to barge into her life, she would reject them - it would break the status quo. The sounds of laughter and mumbling conversations infused into an irritating drone, so her mind decided to ignore that, too.

"Oh, hey guys! The face came!" a snickering laugh escaped Zico's lips as he made his way over to her seat.

The boy was so infatuated with her - he wore the mask of a bully due the disbelief of his true feelings. It was frustrating how the girl hadn't looked at him once ever since he had met her.

"Give me your homework for a sec'," he demanded, shoving her arm off the desk and snatching the pile of graph paper with neat, penciled variables written all over the boxes.

Whispers flew across the room, Hana finally decided to open her ears, only to catch faint voices repeating 'cold,' 'arrogant,' and 'antisocial.'

She sighed and eyed her homework in Zico's left hand. Reaching out for it, she missed as he quickly shot his arm upward, smirking.

"You have to ask for it, stupid. What's the use of getting A's in all classes when you don't even use your voice?"

He put her down, but she could care less.

People were the exact reason she looked forward to the chime of the bell ending school every single day. Why couldn't time just trickle by a little faster? Hana would be forever grateful.

"Give me back my homework," her honey-like voice commanded.

Even she was unused to the sound, the texture of it. It was as if there was a stranger manipulating her own vocal chords inside of her body.

Zico's eyebrows were raised. He didn't actually believe that he would get to hear her voice.

It was utterly sweet.

"Move."

A single word brought the attention spans of many up and running again, eyeing the blondie who stood in front of the two. Grabbing Hana's homework, he threw it on her desk and pushed Zico away, making his way to his seat behind the girl.

"Who is he?"

"I don't know."

"I haven't really seen both of them around often."

Kris rolled his eyes as the teacher strided in, yelling at everybody to sit down.

He couldn't help but pay attention to her.

Over the past few months, all he really saw was her face when he came to school, albeit not too frequently. The same hair that came to her mid-back, untouched by any superficial dye or straightening met his eye whenever he took a seat. It was smooth, soft, and slightly wavy, the black complimenting the fair skin of her face.

Kris studied her face everytime she turned around to collect the papers. The girl never noticed - she didn't look at him, or anybody for that matter.

Maybe it was just the dull look on her face that made her escape the attention of the crowd, but her features were breathtaking in his eyes. A pair of grayish hazelnut eyes made a contrast to the pink of her teardrop lips, a slender nose in between. He even noticed a small dimple on her right cheek when she pursed her lips in thought. However, the gaze in her eyes was unchanging. Although she continuously receieved high marks on all her tests, not a smile grazed her face.

It was a wonder to the boy. He, who usually didn't find his own family that interesting at all, couldn't stop looking for her. It felt like they had a weird connection to the other, most likely due to their similarities.

Searching for a different place to eat at lunch, his ears heard a squeal and slight laughter to his left. Backtracking, he discovered a small alleyway with a baby tree, grassy as if cut out from a meadow.

Kris couldn't believe his eyes.

There was his person of interest, with a small smile, playing with what seemed like a lost kitten. It seemed so unnatural, yet so ordinary, as he stared upon the scene, watching silently as his thoughts ran frantically about in his mind, opening every drawer of memory. Even though it seemed as though only a few minutes had passed, the bell rang, ending his short taste of a new, more interesting world. Hana's head snapped up, and Kris froze, before running off. In the hurry, his shoe got caught on a branch and he didn't care to retrieve it. A voice then cruelly introduced the principal:

"Students, that was a fa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter