Safe ♡ -- lulabyx

you're my angel, my only cover girl ♡ | scenario shop
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Jongin (Kai) of EXO

what if by exo k.

Once class was over, Han Fira packed her backpack up and headed home. It was pitch dark outside, and sometimes she regretted taking night classes. However, she wanted to work at a preschool during the day, so she had to take classes at night instead to finish her college degree.

She was walking with earphones in when a weird feeling came over her. She carefully pulled out one of her earbuds and looking over her shoulder to see a familiar figure with his hands in the pockets of his black jacket.

"Stop following me, Kai-sshi," Fira tried to say sternly, but her voice shook a bit in fear. Kai was in one of her classes, and they talked occasionally and grew close. However, when Fira heard rumors about him being a gangster, she became a bit weary of him. She also got the chance to see him pummel his fist into a poor boy's face, and since then she began to avoid him. She knew that talking to him spelled trouble. But it was hard to avoid him if he kept following her home after class. Every single day.

Kai simply tilted his head as he gazed at her with a blank face. He ignored what she said and remained silent.

Fira rolled her eyes and began walking again, hoping he would stop following her. She put her earphones back in and focused on the music as she continued walking home. She had at least two miles left before she would enter her neighborhood.

She continued to walk for a few blocks, but she couldn't help but be bothered by this so-called gangster kid following her every step. She pulled out her earphones once more and abruptly turned around and glared at Kai, who was walking a meter distance behind her.

"I said stop. You're acting like a stalker. Isn't having a gangster image enough? Stop following me," Fira exploded. She noticed how her words may have been offensive, but she couldn't care less. She just wanted him to leave.

Kai's blank gaze suddenly turned cold in a split second before he returned her glare. Fira flinched at how scary he looked.

"You're going to regret asking this gangster to leave," Kai said coldy before he disappeared into a different block.

Fira sighed in content, half because he left her and half because his cold glare left her. "No wonder everyone avoids him. He's a scary gangster," she said to herself before she continued to listen to music as she headed home once again.

 

Just when she saw her house in the distance, Fira felt a large hand grab her wrist. Thinking it was Kai again, she turned to him. "I said stop following me, Ka-"

Her eyes widened when she saw an old man looking at her with hungry eyes. "Why can't a follow such a cute girl like you?"

Fira froze as she heard him drawl those words out. Oh no, he's drunk, she thought. She attempted to remove his hand off of her wrist, but he was gripping it so hard to the point that the skin was turning bright red. Feeling hopeless, Fira's eyes began to tear up. "Please stop," she whispered in a frightened tone.

"Awh, are you scared? Baby, I won't harm an innocent girl like you. I just want to show you how to have some fun," the drunk man said with a lopsided smile that showed his dirty, crooked teeth. Fira coughed as she smelled his breath that reeked of alcohol.

Before Fira knew it, the drunk man grabbed her shirt and attempted to take it off of her. His drunken hands stumbled with the buttons of her shirt, but he soon grew frustrated with it and decided to rip her shirt off. Her baby pink bra was now peeking through the many rips of her shirt.

"H-help!" Fira yelled in between her helpless sobs.

"Shut up. Someone will hear you," the drunk man said as he pulled the already destroyed shirt off of her petite body.

The drunk man smiled in satisfaction that her shirt was off, while Fira looked terrifed. "Help, Kai!" she yelled without thinking. She didn't know why he came to mind, but all she wanted at that moment was for Kai to be here, following her again. He was right when he said I would regret it, she thought, regretfully.

Fira closed her eyes tightly as the drunk man approached her after getting rid of her shirt. Just when he reached out to touch her body, he was thrown harshly onto the ground.

Fira opened her eyes when she realized she felt no contact of skin on her bare upper body. When her vision cleared from all the tears that clouded her eyes, she saw the person she most wanted to see at this moment.

"Don't touch her with your filthy hands," Kai coldly spat at the man.

"Kai!" she yelled, thankfully. Kai gave her another cold glare, but then the gaze softened when he saw what state she was in. He began to walk towards her when he felt a sharp pain on his cheek.

"You ruined everything!" the drunk man said in a loud voice. Kai stared at the man with a blank face as he brought his hand up to touch his cheek. He pulled his hand away and saw blood dripping from it. He shifted his gaze to the knife in the man's hands.

"You shouldn't have done that," Kai said as he began walking towards the man.

"Why not? You deserved it, kid! Do you think I'm scared of you? Ha! I'm not!" the drunk man said, but his face said otherwise. He began to back up as he felt intimidated by Kai's gaze that turned to a cold glare.

In one swift motion, Kai knocked the knife out of the man's hand before he tackled him to the ground. With a couple of strong punches in the face, the drunk man knocked out with a bruised face and bloodly lips.

Kai stood up and dusted his hands, feeling annoyed that he had to waste his energy on a worthless human being. He then noticed someone's gaze on him and turned to see Fira looking at him. Her gaze was different from the last time she saw him fighting. This time, there was a bit of relief and gratitude, compared to the gaze of fear she gave him last time. Kai then realized that she was also shivering as the cold night cut through her bare skin. He ran over as he roughly pulled off his jacket and hung it over her shoulder. He zipped up the jacket so that he was all covered, and he finally sighed in relief when she stopped shivering.

After moments of silence, Fira spoke up. "Thank you," she said in a small voice.

With that, Kai forgot all the harsh words she said to him earlier. His cold glare turned into a gentle one full of worry. "Where's your house?" he asked.

Fira's hand weakly pointed to her apartment building, which was a few blocks down the street. She then took a step, but then her legs collapsed under her. The shock from earlier made her legs too weak to walk.

Kai rushed over to her and bent down in front of her. "Get on."

Fira wanted to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter