Take Nine

Because we met [EDITED]

"What happened last night?" He asked my as we both walked to school.

"You were KO-ed by the soju," I glared at him. "Told you not to drink it."

He laughed, "Pretty good for you to handle my body weight~"

I scoffed, "Should have dumped you in a dumpster instead. I don't even receive a 'thank you' from you..."

He blocked me, smiling.

"Now what?" I sighed.

"Aigooo... why are you so cute???" He pinched my cheeks. My face was flushing really badly and I avoided eye contact with him. Slowly, his arms began to wrap around me.

"Thank you, Jihye." His scent was too much for me, I feel like dying.

"Yah, don't just do whatever you want to me," I pushed him away. He just laughed.

"Not many girls get a hug from me you know?"

"As if I care!" But somewhere deep inside me, I felt uneasiness. "Then who else have you hugged?"

The moment I asked him that, his expression changed. "Ani... no one else," he smiled. Once again, I saw his bittersweet smile.


I made a mistake walking together with him. The two annoying pabos approached us.

"Daebak! You two dating already?" Woohyun asked.

"No!" I hissed.

"Maybe?" Myungsoo replied. I gave him a glare. He shrugged and chuckled.

"Remember to add 'oppa' behind my name, or else I won't bother you. Or maybe just oppa will do~" he added.

Ehhhh?

"Don't bother, I don't wanna talk to you in school since we're-" he cupped my mouth with his hand. Oops... I almost blurted out out secret.

"Ah bbali, bbali. Let's go to class already!" Sunggyu whined.


 


 

It's physics class, and you guys are supposed to finish up a project. I'll be randomly pairing you guys up so it's fair.” Mr. Park announced. The class was quiet with murmurs. I was praying so hard so I don't get paired with Myungsoo but with Sungjong instead.

Okay, first pair. Minyoung and Jessica. Second, Sungjong and Jungkook.”

My heart died a little when I heard Sungjong's name paired with someone else. I looked at Sungjong with pleading eyes, and he gave me the same pleading-and-disappointed look.

Third, Woohyun and Sunggyu.”

I heard exchanged cheers between Sunggyu and Woohyun. They are forever stuck together, bro-mance much?

Fourth, Sulli and Krystal. Fifth, Jihye and-”

Time slowed down. I looked at Mr. Park with hopeful eyes while praying it wouldn't be Myungsoo.

-Sora.”

I heaved a sigh of relief. Thank the gods!

Pardon me, Jihye and Myungsoo. I repeat, Jihye and Myungsoo. Sorry, a slip of the eye,” Mr. Park cleared his throat.

My world literally died. Myungsoo, again? Laughing like a dork to myself, I had forgotten I was still in class.

Any problems, Jihye-ssi?” Mr. Park eyed me.

Uh...no, sorry,” I apologized sheepishly. Minyoung and her gang began throwing glares at me again.

Is she mocking us? She's gonna pay...” I heard one of her minions whisper.

Myungsoo smirked and leaned closer from the back. “And thus, another convenience.”

Convenience my foot! Stuck with him is totally inconvenient.

After calling all the names, Mr. Park gave a brief explanation of the project, and gave us permission to proceed with discussions.

I walked to the teacher's desk and protested while the other students were busy discussing about the project.

"Seonsaeng-nim, can I have another partner besides Myungsoo-ssi?" I put on my best smile. Just say okay for god's sake!

"Ah, wae?" he frowned at me.

"Erm... it's just that... I find it uncomfortable working with him.." I said, hoping to convince him.

He stared at me and answered, "Well, judging from his grades in his past school, he's quite the top student. I thought putting you and him together might be fine but since you find it uncomfortable working with him, ask him whether he wants to change partners or not. I'll pair you up with a new one if he agrees to change, if not, you're with him."

Ugh... even teacher's like this. But anyway, I hope he doesn't want to work with me. I walked to his seat crowded with girls unwillingly.

"Myungsoo-ssi!" I called for a few times. Maybe he didn't hear me because of those girls squealing here and there. I pushed my way into the crowd, some of the girls glared at me but I couldn't care less.

"Myungsoo-ssi!" I called again. He pretended not to hear me! Is he totally serious about the 'oppa' thing?!

"Yah, just get lost! He's ignoring you!" Minyoung barked at me. If there were rotten fishes nearby, I swear that I will slap her with it!

I sighed and called one last time, "Myungsoo oppa~"

"Ah, yes?" He turned to me immediately, brushing off the girls near him. He really was serious about the 'oppa' thing...

"Do you wanna switch partners? I don't wanna work with you.." I told him directly. The girls shrieked even more when they heard what I said. He thought for a while and opened his mouth to reply. God, say you wanna change partners!

"No thanks, I'm totally fine working with you~" he answered. Well, guess I'm stuck with him after all...