Take Seven

Because we met [EDITED]

Tired of thinking about those ridiculous thoughts, I got up from his bed and inched to the door again. Seems like their conversation won't be concluding soon. Just then, I noticed a guitar placed at the corner of his room. Wow, Kim Myungsoo actually plays the guitar? I pictured him sitting on the bed and strumming the guitar, it kinda fit him. Picking it up, I accidentally plucked one of the strings and the sound echoed through the room. Crap! I hope Woohyun didn't hear it.

"Where's that sound coming from? I hear a guitar in your room," Woohyun said aloud.

"Are you sure?" Myungsoo asked, stalling time.

"Yeah, positive!" Woohyun replied. I heard footsteps approaching. Hurriedly, I put back the guitar and crawled under the bed just in time when the door flew open.

"I hear no sound Woohyun, maybe you should get an ear checkup," Myungsoo joked.

"Huh, I bet your room is haunted," Woohyun retorted and they both made way to the entrance. “I'll get going, it's late.”

Sure thing, I'll see you tomorrow in school.”

I crawled out from under his bed. That was close...

Myungsoo returned and looked at me, "Seriously? I mean SERIOUSLY?"

I looked at him for a moment and laughed. His expression was hilarious.

"I didn't know you played the guitar," I tried changing the topic.

"That's because you never bothered to ask~" he made a face. "So, the project?"

I looked at the piled up papers, looked at him and glanced at the clock showing 10pm and sighed, "Can we do it tomorrow?"

"Pfftttt~~ That's what you said. Don't say I'm the lazy one," he teased. Ugh... "You wanna grab supper?"

Frankly, I'm quite hungry so I nodded. "Where?"

"I'll take you there," he grabbed me by the hand, pulling me outside. He locked the doors and we went down to his car. It wasn't just a car, it was an Audi. Just how rich could he be?


"Get in," he gestured to the Audi.

"Wah, jinjja daebak!" I said out loud, gaping at his car.

What? Gonna fall in love with me?” He teased.

Uh no thanks, you're the weirdest alien I've ever came across,” I retorted while getting in the Audi.

Hah! Says the stupid potato herself.”

He drove us to a nearby food stall. Since when was I so close with Myungsoo? Letting him drive me for supper, and I remember reminding myself to keep a distance with him.


"Ahjumma, a bowl of ramyeon juseyo," he called then asked me, "You?"

"Same."

"Sorry. Two bowls of ramyeon and a bottle of soju!" he called again.

"Ne!" the ahjumma at the stall replied.

"Are you insane?! Drinking soju at the age of 17?" I stared at him, surprised.

"It's fine, just a bottle won't kill me,” he shrugged. I shook my head.

"Stop calling me a potato would you?"

"Well, you called me an alien. A potato sounds better than alien,' he streched his arms.

"But I don't look like a potato."

"Well, I don't look like an alien too."

"But you are an alien."

"Then you are a potato too~"

"Haha very funny," I said sacartiscally.

"But no one's laughing," he grinned.

"You both are seriously one cute couple," the ahjumma said as she served the 2 bowls of ramyeon.

"We're not-" I tried to protest.

"I know you're shy to admit young lady, I understand," the ahjumma smiled. "Eat up while it's still hot." She left after placing the bottle of soju that Myungsoo ordered.

"You want some?" Myungsoo offered.

"No thank you, can't afford us both to be drunk so no."

"Okay, suit yourself~"

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Jihye.... can you drive us home? I... can't," Myungsoo mumbled, handing me the car keys.

Stupid alien Kim Myungsoo is officially drunk.

"Ah, bbali, bbali, bbali, before you pass out completely," I dragged him to the Audi and dumped him into the passenger seat. I climbed into the driver's seat. Realization dawned on me when I touched the steering wheel. It's been awhile since I took my driving test. I glanced at him, dead like a corpse, except for the fact that he's still snoring.

"Yah! Myungsoo-ah! I can't drive!" I kept hitting his shoulders. "Wake up!"

"You...can...do..it...Just...don't..crash...the car...." he mumbled and slept again. I sighed. Here goes nothing... I ignited the car, ran through the memories I had when I learned how to drive, stepped on the pedal and carefully drove us home. It was a miracle that we reached our apartment in one full piece, I almost crashed into other cars during the drive home.

"You're really heavy! Wake up!" I groaned as I helped him into the lift. His whole body leaned on me, pinning me to the side of the lift. I reached for the 7 button and up we went.