Take Seventeen

Because we met [EDITED]

"Just so you know, you're gonna be living in my house. I'm moving out tomorrow. I'm going back to England, my hometown." he told me and sighed. "I'm leaving my car for you so use it anytime. Please take care of my house when I'm gone," he finished.

My whole world was collapsing and I was lost for words...He's moving? Moving? Tomorrow? Back to England? All of a sudden? Is this some kind of sick joke? If it is, he better stop this bull.

"Why?" I blurted, fighting back tears, hoping he wouldn't notice the quiver in my voice.

"It was my mother on the phone that day. She wants me back to England for my studies. So please do me a favor, I don't want to sell my house, please take care of it." He requested.

Why all of a sudden? Why didn't he tell me earlier? Why is he doing this to me? Why must he leave? Is there no other way?

O...kay,” I tried hiding my disappointment. It literally came like a punch in the gut, and it hurt, badly.

Thank you,” he squeezed me harder and tears came streaming down my cheeks.


 


 

Sunggyu and Woohyun knew this two days ago and they planned to have a farewell party for him tonight. Myungsoo brought me along. We were at the mall two hours earlier because Myungsoo wanted to watch a movie.

"Are you coming back?" I asked.

"Not sure...maybe not..." he answered.

He's just gonna leave me like this?

When the movie started, I let loose my silent tears. It hurt so much to know the one I have fallen in love with is suddenly moving without a heads up. Inwardly, I was debating-debating whether to tell him that I love him. In the end, I made up my mind to make this matter known.


"Was the movie really that sad?" He asked me as we exited the cinema.

"Yeah..." I lied. I was crying because he's leaving. I'd rather live in my house and still have him as my neighbor rather then living in his house and see him moving out.

Myungsoo-ah,” I croaked.

Yes?” He turned to look at me. My heart was beating so fast and heat rushed through my body.

I...”

Myungsoo-ah! There you are~” Woohyun called from a distance and waved, followed by Sunggyu.

Oh there you guys are,” Myungsoo waved back.

"Hey guys," I managed to smile, surprising them.

"Oh, you're here too?" Sunggyu asked.

I nodded. "Myungsoo brought me along."

What were you gonna say just now?” Myungsoo asked as we headed to a restaurant.

I...it's nothing,” I shook my head. At that instant, I regretted.


 


 

"Woohyun ah, Sunggyu ah. Take care of Jihye for me." He requested. "Drop by sometime to see if she's doing okay." They both nodded.

"They knew we're neighbors?!" I asked Myungsoo, surprised.

"Just knew a week ago, Myungsoo told us and we kept quiet about it," Woohyun offered to answer.

Around midnight, we came back.

Get some sleep,” he ruffled my hair. I forced a smile and walked into his room, it already started to feel empty...

I wish time would stop. It's only another 7 more hours till he leaves. I walked out to the living room, looking at him, already sound asleep on the sofa.

"You idiot...how dare you leave me like this? How dare you abandon me when I'm starting to like you? I hate you...so much," I sobbed. "I'm gonna miss you a lot, just how could you do this to me?" I mumbled as I sobbed. I walked back into the room and to the balcony.

"Joonyoung...you left me and now Myungsoo's leaving me...How could you do this to me? You said I found Myungsoo to replace you, but why is he leaving me?" I blamed it on him, looking at the sky.