Take Nineteen

Because we met [EDITED]

Almost a year has passed since Myungsoo left me on my birthday and tomorrow is July 17th, a day I wished didn't exist. I was waiting for him to comeback everyday and I knew it wouldn't happen... I'm still blaming myself for not telling him that I loved him when I had the chance, and now, he's gone.

I'd stare at the kitchen, where he used to wraps his arms around me...

I'd stare at the bathroom, where he used to kiss me on the forehead when I helped him with his cut from the robbery incident.

I'd stare at the bedroom, wishing his scent was still there but most of all...

I'd stare at the living room. All the memories were there. He's almost kissed me once...He'd hug me and pinch my face... We'd do projects together....

I miss him. I miss his laughter, his stupidity, his childishness, the way he touches me, the way he was so close to me, his scent, his face.... I miss everything about him.

If I had one more chance, i would hold on to that precious chance. I would throw away the coward in me and tell him that I love him. If, I ever have the chance...

It was hard to believe I lost my precious persons....twice...

Joonyoung... then Myungsoo...


"Happy Birthday!" Sungjong, Woohyun, Sunggyu, Sungyeol and Haeri wished me. I tried my best to smile, swallowing the disappointment. They made their way to celebrate my birthday together but, there's just one person missing to complete the perfect puzzle.

"Jihye, are you okay?" Woohyun squeezed my shoulders. I just shook my head.

"Make a wish!" Sungyeol said, hoping to change the glum atmosphere. I closed my eyes and wished in my heart.

All I want is Myungsoo to come back...please...I miss you... I need you...

With that, I blew out the candles, knowing that my wish is just too damn ridiculous.


I came home, it was 9pm. I punched in his name at the security lock, smiling to myself bitterly. As I walked in, I realized the living room was dim. Candles decorated the living room. Little chocolate hearts laid on the floor, leading to the bedroom, then the balcony. I walked to the balcony and looked at the sky, thinking, "Who's doing this?"

Out of the blue, arms embraced me from behind and a chin rested on the curve of my neck.

The trace of mint...I gasped.

"Happy birthday, my Angel," this voice...

Myungsoo...

I dissolved into tears, turned to him and buried myself in him. I didn't know if it was a dream, I couldn't care less.

"I love you! Myungsoo! I'm so sorry, I never got the chance to tell you this, I was a coward," I blurted out and looked at him.

"I know,I love you too...so much. I'm sorry to keep you waiting for a year," his smile shone brightly under the moonlight. I touched his face and doubted.

"Is it really you? Or am I dreaming?" I sobbed. He cupped his hands on my face.

"This isn't a dream, Angel. You're mine," he smiled and pressed his lips on mine.

"Welcome back!" I cried, tears with happiness. He smiled and kissed me again. This time, with passion and sincerity.


Leaning my head onto the curve of his neck with his hands around me, I felt relieved.

"How did you get in? How did you know the password?" I asked.

He grinned. God I missed that so much.

"Well, you made it pretty simple by putting my name."

"Why did you comeback? I thought you were supposed to study in England."

"I had to beg my parents and luckily, they let me come back. But, just for a while..." he replied.

For a while?

"You're gonna go back again?" I asked, disappointment rising. He nodded.

"I have a surprise for you," he got up.

What surprise would do good to me is he's gonna leave anyway...

"What is it?" I asked him nonchalantly.

He knelt down and took out a ring.

"Kim Jihye, will you marry me?”