Take Four

Because we met [EDITED]

"Since when did you move in?" I asked as we walked to the cafe.

"Two days ago," Myungsoo replied briefly.

"Ah, really? How come I didn't notice?" I asked, surprised.

"Bet you were out that day," he shrugged. "How do you even go out with your friends and buy groceries? I mean, you don't have a car, right?"

I gave him a 'what?' look and answered, "I don't go out often and there's this moving machine called the 'taxi', just so you know..."

"Oh... true. By the way, I have a car license, I can give you a ride if you want," he offered. Woah, since when was he that rich?

“I'll keep your offer in mind, come on, we're here,” I led him in the cafe through the backdoor.


 


 

"You're hired!" Haeri replied ASAP when Myungsoo asked for a job. "Yah, Jihye, he's one hot guy. Boyfriend?" she whispered.

"What the?!!! No!" I blurted out, feeling the awkwardness rise. Myungsoo heard Haeri, he gave that smirk of his again.

"Aigoo... that's mean, saying I'm not your boyfriend..." he pouted as he teased, then draped an arm on my shoulders and led me to the kitchen. "Mind telling me what to do?"

I heard Haeri giggle behind me, then she called. "Myungsoo-ssi!"

Myungsoo turned around. Haeri gave him a thumbs up and he winked back at her. Mental note to self: The manager and Myungsoo are both idiots.

“Ah, newbie?” Sungyeol asked as he passed by.

“Yeah, this is Kim Myungsoo, and that is Lee Sungyeol,” I introduced both of them.

“Nice meeting you pal,” Sungyeol lifted his hand for a handshake and Myungsoo politely returned it as well.

“Same here, I saw you in school today. What class are you in?” Myungsoo asked.

“Oh really? I'm in class 3-2. You?”

“Class 3-1, same as Jihye,” he smiled.

“Cool, we should catch up often. Shift's about to start,” Sungyeol glanced at the clock on the wall.

“Mind telling me what to do?” Myungsoo raised his brows.

“Erm, for starters, you can go take and serve orders, or help out in the kitchen, either way is fine.”

“Okay, thanks.” He thanked Sungyeol and pulled me along.

“Yosh! Let's work~”

“You sound so enthusiastic, go get table 2's order,” I instructed.

“Yes ma'am,” he trotted off to table 2. I heard excited murmurs again and turned to look. Chuckling to myself, Myungsoo was entertaining few girls that were head to heels over him, guess we'll be expecting more customers soon.

After our shift ended, it was almost 6pm.

“Good job Myungsoo, guess we'll be expecting more customers from now onwards,” Haeri complimented.

“Haha, it's no big deal,” he smiled sheepishly. Wait, is Myungsoo blushing???

“I'll be locking up with Sungyeol, you two head home first,” Haeri said.

“Okay, thank you for your hard work,” Myungsoo smiled and I swore I saw Haeri blush...

“See you tomorrow darlings,” she grinned.

And then...we walked back to our apartment. It was pretty awkward at first, but then Myungsoo started a conversation.

"Wah... isn't it dangerous for a girl like you to walk home alone at this hour?" he nudged me.

"Gwenchana... it's not like I don't know how to defend myself..."

“Oh really?” He paused and looked at me.

“No, I'm just joking,” I said sarcastically. Out of the blue, he grabbed me from behind and cupped a hand over my mouth. I screamed and wrestled myself free from his grasp. He laughed so hard when he let me go.

“You idiot!” I punched his arm.

“You're the idiot, claiming you know how to fight but all you do is scream like a dead chicken,” he guffawed. “Really, I think I should walk you home from today onwards, don't want you appearing on the headlines when you go missing,” he came closer.

“I don't need you help,” I muttered.

"Fine, whatever, pfft~” He made a face. “Can you come over at 7?"

"Why? Can't we do it at 8?" I whined.

"It's not just about the project... I want you to cook me dinner~"he gave me his innocent smile.

Why is he so troublesome for goodness sake... I wanted to tell him to cook himself, but somewhere deep inside me relented and I have no idea why.

"Fine..."

“Thank you~ You're a nice neighbor, but stupid sometimes,” he laughed again.

“Stop it before I change my mind,” I glared at him.

“You can't and you won't, because i'll probably pester you till death if you don't grant my wishes,” Myungsoo grinned and pulled my hand, leading me to the lift. “Come one, I'm hungry.”

“Slow down you idiot,” I sighed and followed him.


 


 

After a nice bath, I put on a shirt and baggy pants. At 7, I grabbed my school notes and made my way next door. On the bright side, it's actually quite convenient. I don't have to travel far to my other friend's house for at least a 3 kilometer distance. For some reason, I don't feel lonely anymore. Myungsoo may annoy me sometimes every time but at least there's someone to talk to, which I feel thankful for. Living alone makes it quite boring, lonely and miserable but thank God I met him. And maybe we could study and have dinner together every night. Wait, what?