Take Three

Because we met [EDITED]

The bell rang for recess. The girls scampered to Myungsoo's seat and introduced themselves. As I packed my stuff, I heard them saying,"Myungsoo-ssi, do you want me to show you around?", "When's your birthday?", "Where do you live?" and so on. Shaking my head, I just want to get out from the screams and shrieks and go for lunch with Sungjong.

"Ahem, ahem," I heard Myungsoo fake-coughed, then answered. "First, my birthday date and where I live is private and confidential. Second, I want to have my lunch. Third, I would like Kim Jihye-ssi to show me around, and fourth, please excuse me ladies." he got up and walked to me.

The sound of my name irritated them. Choi Min Young, the class "wannabe" turned to me. I could tell she wanted to yell at me for, I don't know why. Before she could say anything, Woohyun and Sunggyu butted in.

"Yah yah yah, Min Young. Don't bully her, only we can do that," Sunggyu said.

"Myungsoo would never like girls like you, now shoo~" Woohyun draped an arm on my shoulders and made a face to Min Young. I could tell she was insulted and embarrassed, she stomped her way out, followed by the minions of hers.

I shrugged Woohyun's arm off me and called for Sungjong. “Jong-ah, let's go eat.”

“Arasseo, coming~” Sungjong quickly dumped the remaining books under his table and took out his lunch box. Upon approaching me, Myungsoo came up to me with that smirk of his.

"Ji Hye ah, show me around please~" he grabbed my arm.

“Go away, ask Woohyun or Sunggyu, I'm going for lunch with Sungjong,” I shrugged his hand off.

“Uh, that ain't happening,” Sunggyu shook his finger.

“Sungjong, you're coming with us, Myungsoo's taking Jihye out for lunch~” Woohyun pulled Sungjong along and scampered to the cafeteria before Sungjong could even protest. Those useless...never mind.

“Aww, too bad. Sungjong ditched you and I'd certainly be happy to adopt you for awhile,” Myungsoo grinned. “C'mon, show me around.”

Looking at him in disgust, I frowned.

“Eyyyy, don't look at me like that. Come on, aren't neighbors supposed to help each other?” he whispered in my ear. I pushed him away before butterflies start fluttering in my tummy again. He kept looking at me with those idiotic-but-cute-puppy face, I couldn't resist it, so I relented.

“Fine...”

Myungsoo chuckled. “Hah! Knew that you couldn't resist this handsome face of mine~”

I elbowed him in the ribs and stomped off. “Just shut up and follow me you brat.”

“Arasseo, ajumma~”

Seriously...


 


 


 

"That's the art room, and that's the music room. Further down, There will be stairs leading to the field..." I told him as we walked down the hall. Girls were looking at us as we pass by from all directions. Excited murmurs and screams erupted occasionally, making me cringe. Just what's with all the fangirling? These girls look like they haven't seen a guy before, sheesh.

"Am I really that hot?" he asked me. I squinted at him and gave him a what-the-heck look.

“Stop self-praising yourself, you're the most hideous monster I've ever seen. I wonder what the girls see in you,” I said indignantly. Deep down inside, I didn't feel that way. Myungsoo is certainly one of the best looking guy now in school, no doubt about it.

"You gonna work later?" he asked me.

"Yeah, why?" I eyed him suspiciously.

"Cause I'm gonna start my work there too. It seems there isn't enough waiters. Plus, they could use a handsome face like me~"

I literally wanted to smash myself against the wall. He' so...indescribable!

"Of all places, why there?" I asked him, irked.

"It's the closest place from my apartment, plus, didn't I tell you that you're my victim for life?" he chucked. I'm really speechless, I can't find words to say.

“What? Cat got your tongue? Lips glued up? Should I help you open them by giving you a kiss?” he teased. My face flushed in embarrassment, can't he just stop all this nuisance. Ignoring him, I walked faster ahead.

“Hey, it's just a joke! Chill you jealous ajumma!” he called from behind but I was already speeding towards the cafeteria.


 


 


 

Looking in all directions, I heaved a sigh of relief. Myungsoo didn't seem to be following me, guess he got tired teasing me. Instead of the cafeteria, I made a sudden change of plan to eat at the school's rooftop, just to be 100% I won't be found by that pestering idiot and eat in peace. Sighing as the breeze kissed my face, I couldn't help but feel bittersweet all of a sudden. I was reminded by Joonyoung, my long lost boyfriend. We came up to this rooftop often for lunch, it slowly began to be our favorite spot to meet as no one would be here often. I just...miss him so much, It just feels so empty without him anymore. I heard a creak from the rooftop's door and flinched.

“There you are! I've been looking everywhere for you, weren’t you at the cafeteria?”

I didn't have to turn my head as I could figure out who it was. The annoying voice from Kim Myungsoo has found me again.

“Leave me alone, go bother someone else,” I snapped. Ignoring me, he sat down beside me.

“Never gonna happen, you're so fun to play around with. Woohyun was right, you are really a piece of cake,” he sniggered.

“Anyways,” he paused and took a bite of my food. “Come over for Bio tonight okay? Monday, Wednesday and Friday my place, Tues and Thurs yours, call?”

"........" I don't know whether to agree or not, we had to finish the project but deciding whose place to go to, it didn't really come across my mind.

"I'll take that as a yes then," he concluded.

Whatever, I'm just gonna get that crappy Bio done fast. I should keep my distance...