Take Sixteen

Because we met [EDITED]

We went to school today. As soon as Sungjong saw me, he ran to me for a hug.

"Where in the world have you been?" he asked, worried. "What happened? Why didn't you come to school?" I hugged him back.

"I'll tell you during recess," I answered. The girls were gathering at Myungsoo's seat, bothering him about why he did not show up for two days.

"I was sick, stop bothering me..." he answered blankly but it was a lie....he rescued me from the thieves and we had some background story going on.


I told Sungjong everything. The thieves, Myungsoo's story and him being my neighbor. Sungjong was the only person that I told about my past with Joonyoung. I trust him because he understands and keeps secrets.

"I see...if Myungsoo weren't around to help you," he paused and sighed. I just nodded.

"Well, glad you're okay," he hugged me.

Sunggyu and Woohyun came asking me too. I had to fake up some excuses. At least they're concerned about me. The day went by as usual, no dramas or whatsoever.

After school, I headed to the cafe with Myungsoo together.

You feeling okay today?” Haeri asked.

Yeah,” I nodded.

Yo, where have you two been?” Sungyeol asked as he passed by.

Wasn't feeling well,” I lied, but it's partly true though. I did feel sick...heartsick. It wouldn't be nice if I told Sungyeol everything, he might be way too concerned about me and its burdening.

What about Myungsoo?”

My head malfunctioned awhile, trying to figure out what to say.

Diarrhea,” Myungsoo came over and volunteered to answer.

Just what did the both of you do?” Sungyeol shook his head.

Just go wash the dishes,” Myungsoo kicked his shin playfully.


I helped to make dinner at Myungsoo's house as usual, considering everything that he has done for me.

After dinner, Myungsoo's phone rang.

"Yoboseyo?" he asked on the line. He didn't say much. Before he hung up, his expression changed. His last words were, "Yes, I understand."

"Who was it?" I asked him.

"No one. Let's just finish up the projects," he said blankly, as if something happened. Seeing him like that, I just kept quiet. I have no rights to pry on everything that's happening in his life right? It would make me a busybody.


 


 

Days went by and it was almost time for the Bio's curfew. We passed it up in time. I'd been living with Myungsoo for quite some time and I had totally forgotten that the repairman was supposed to come and fix up my door lock.

"Myungsoo ah, when is the repairman coming?" I asked him, then regretted immediately. If my door lock is repaired, I will have no more excuses to stay with him.

"Oh, he says he's coming today," he answered. I felt a sharp pain stabbing my heart. Guess it's too late now.

I was in the shower when the repairman came. I don't wanna go back to my house, it's too lonely... Warm water splashed on my head and I stood there, regretting. Well, at least he's still living beside me. But deep down inside, I wanna stay with him. I love him, I'm just scared to admit it, and I didn't want to admit.


 


 

Myungsoo changed his lock too, into a better and improvised one. To get into his house, the person have to type in the password to unlock the door, pretty good. But mine was just... the same old one that needs a key to open it.

"Well, I guess I'll move back now..." I said, feeling reluctant. Tell me to stay... I thought. He just nodded. He didn't look sad or anything and that hurts me a lot. Doesn't he like me? I thought he did...Guess I'm just jumping to conclusions...Imagining he would like a girl like me? I must be crazy. I'm not even up to his standards. I'd always yell at him and talk rudely to him, who likes a girl like that?

I stood in front of my door and sighed. I tried opening the door but it wouldn't budge. Myungsoo forgotten to give me the key.

At that moment when I wanted to call him, but he suddenly hugged me from behind.

"I bought down your house, it's not for you anymore," he said.

"You what?!"