Take Eleven

Because we met [EDITED]

It has almost been a month now, and its June! Minyoung didn't pick on me anymore. They're probably embarrassed to death after that incident. The Physics project was done and we passed it up. As for the Bio, the whole class had problems doing it so Mr. Yoon extended the curfew to July. As usual after school, I went for work... except with Myungsoo tagging along.

"Myungsoo, serve this to table 4," I passed the tray to him and hurried to table 9 to take their orders. It's busy as always in this cafe.


"Jihye ah~~" Myungsoo sighed and leaned towards me as I open my door.

"What?! Get off, you're heavy," I shrugged him off.

"I'm sleepy..." he yawned. What does that gotta do with me?

"Then just stop bothering me and go sleep!" I sighed.

"Let me come into your house, please?" he whined. Ugh...so I let him.

"It's always neat eh? Every time I come over for projects, it's still neat as ever..."he complimented.

"You're gonna come over tonight anyway, why rush?" I asked.

"For fun?" he joked and strolled into my room.

"Don't touch that!" I grabbed my diary back before he could open it. He smirked.

"Let's just do the Bio now," he suggested. "We have tons of stuff to finish up, right?" Well, sounds fine to me.


Time passes really fast. We're done discussing the add-on for Bio. He went back around 9pm. Yeah, you're probably wondering if I cooked for him again or not, and yes I did. I took a bath and called it a day.

In the middle of the night, I heard footsteps outside my bedroom. I got up and leaned my ear onto the door. I heard three manly voices whispering. I panicked! Three thieves broke into my house! Not sure of what to do, I texted Myungsoo as fast as my fingers could type. He was my only and nearest choice. I speed dialed the cops later on.

"Hello? Is this the police?" I whispered.

"Ne, how may we assist you?" the operator asked. I was panicking. I'd never felt so scared in my entire life!

"Th...three... robbers.. broke into my house," I stammered, shivering because in any minute now, they might come in.

Suddenly, my bedroom door flew open and the lights came on. I screamed and dropped my phone. The three of them we're armed, knives and baseball bat. The three of them wore masks.

"Shut up!" one of them beckoned and lunged his knife at me. I screamed as I dodged and elbowed his back. The remaining two charged at me and I ducked. One of them knocked me down. I gasped for air and crawled to the door of my bedroom. I shrieked at the top of my lungs for help. They guy with the knife grabbed my leg. I spun around and kicked wildly. "GET OFF ME!"

The other two grabbed my arms. The one I kicked slapped me hard in the face and I suddenly felt weak and nauseous, unable to fight back.

"Myu...Myungsoo.." I gasped. "Where..the heck...are you?"

"Hey, we don't want any trouble now, where's your money?" he threatened me by putting the knife near my throat.

"You guys are already trouble coming here!" I heard someone said, it was Myungsoo. His powerful kick slammed one of the guys down to the floor, groaning. Another punch sent the other with the knife to the floor, gasping for air.  Following my instincts, I used my free hand and fiercely punch the guy with the baseball bat. I grabbed the bat and hit him hard on the back. Myungsoo trashed the remaining two and I tried my best to help. I hit them wildly, unable to control myself. I didn't know what I was doing. All three of them fainted, I think. I was too scared and blurred.

"It's alright, I got you," Myungsoo rushed to me and hugged me. My breathing was unstable.

"Breathe Jihye, calm down," he hugged me tighter. His protective arms managed to calm me down.

The cops came in a few minutes and arrested those three thieves. I was still in my room, on the bed, hugging myself. My mind hasn't clear up yet, I still feel fuzzy all over.

"Can we drop by next morning? She's really frightened," I heard Myungsoo talking to an officer.

"Yes sir, thank you," those were Myungsoo's last words to the officers as he came rushing to me. Without a word, he carried me up like a baby and brought me to his house and placed me on the bed. "Are you okay?"

"Y...Yeah..." it was barely a whisper.

"I'll go get some water," he stood up and walked to the kitchen.

"Don't!" I cried, grabbing his hand. He returned to me and cradled me into his arms. My face was still stinging from that slap one of the thieves had given me.

"Omo... it's red..." Myungsoo tucked my hair behind my ears and saw my cheek still red from that slap. He kissed it really gently and somehow it made the pain subside. Feeling his arms around me made me feel more secure. Slowly, in his arms, I fell asleep.