"Date"

Taste the Rainbow

I woke up for another boring day at school. Well, at least I had plans after school with Chen, that'll keep me out of the house. I showered, got dressed, and went over to Baekhyun's to pick him up. Aren't the boys supposed to pick the girls up? Oh wait... He's basically a girl, I totally forgot, oops. I rang the doorbell and Mrs. Byun opened the door and greeted me good morning.

"BAEKHYUN COME DOWNSTAIRS! YOON MI IS HERE! DON'T KEEP YOUR GIRLFRIEND WAITING!" She yelled, as Baekhyun came running down the stairs.

"Hey baby!" He greeted me as he intertwined his fingers with mine. 

"Hi cutie! We'll be going now, bye imo!" I said as I waved goodbye. 

"Ew, I can't believe I just called you baby!" He said, making gagging sounds 

"Oh please! You know you liked it, mehrong!" I teased, sticking my tongue out. 

"Gross, never in a million years will I ever call you baby!" He spit out. 

"Wow, thanks Baek. You just killed my hopes and dreams." I sighed, pouting my lip. 

"I w-what?" He stuttered. 

"I was kidding Baek! Gosh." I said as I ruffled his hair.

Once we got to school, everybody was staring at us, again. Same old, same old. When will this end? Just as I was walking to my locker, someone grabbed my wrist. I turned around to see who the culprit was, and it was none other than Chen. 

"Hey, don't forget about our date, okay?" He said, flashing me that stupid smile. 

"How can I forget? You even wrote it down in my notebook and had the guts to snap a picture of me sleeping!" I replied. 

"Wah, you actually saw that? I thought you looked adorable! Look your picture is even in my wallet!" He squealed, pinching my cheeks. 

"YAH STOP! That hurts!" I screamed, smacking his arm. 

"Arasseo, who's that by the way? He's been mad dogging me?" He asked, gesturing towards Baekhyun. 

"Ah, that's my best friend, Baekhyun. Don't worry about him, he won't do anything, c'mon lets get to class. The bell already rang." I responded, dragging him to class. 

Of course, our classes would be boring, but somehow Chen managed to make it fun. Lunch finally came, and I was starving my off. I quickly made my over to Baekhyun and sat across from him. He was eating the usual sandwich while playing on his phone. 

"Hey Baekkie!" 

"Hey Yoon Mi, ready for your date after school?" He asked. 

"What date? I'm just showing Chen around town. Why do you sound jealous?"

"Me? Jealous? No. You're mine remember? I just don't want anyone stealing my best friend, you know that Yoon Mi." He sighed and stopped eating.

"Aigoo Baekkie! He won't steal me away from you! It's just a tour around town, it's not like anything else is gonna happen!" I assured him as I got up and gave him a hug. 

"Good! You better not be lying or I'm gonna beat you up!" He threatened. 

"Oh yeah totally, because Princess Baekkie can beat me up." I whispered and started laughing, and he just glared at me.

School finally ended, and I waiting for Chen at the gate. Once he came, I asked if we could stop by my house so I can change into more comfortable clothes and he agreed. Once we reached my house, I introduced him to my mom. 

"Umma, this is Chen, Chen this is my mom. I'm gonna change, I'll be back!" I said as I ran up the stairs.

I walked to my closet to look for something cute to change into when something caught my eye. I looked at the calendar that was pinned on my closet door and in big letters it said, "JULY 27, FIRST DAY BACK TO WORK! DON'T FORGET, SHIFT STARTS AT 4." Oh crap, I totally forgot I had work today. I quickly changed into a plain shirt and jeans and ran back downstairs. 

As I walked down the stairs, I heard my mom talking to Chen. 

"Aigoo, you're so handsome and polite, just call me imo! You're the first boy she's ever brought into the house other than Baekhyun." 

"Okay mom, you can stop now. We'll be going! Love you!" I yelled as I went out the door with Chen. 

"So... You bring Baekhyun to your house?" He asked as we started walking down the street. 

"Yeah, he's my next door neighbor, I've known him since I was little." I replied. 

"Oh I see, that's what it was." 

"Do you want to go eat? I'm kind of hungry." I asked. 

"Sure, I'll pay!" He said.

We kept talking as we walked until we reached a small restaurant. We entered and we were immediately greeted by a lady in her mid 30s and she lead us to a table in the corner.

"What do you want to order?" I asked.

"I'm not really picky, you can order whatever." He replied smiling.

I called the waitress over and ordered ddeokbokki, bulgogi, kalbi, two bowls of rice, and two Thai teas, and with that the waitress said our order would come shortly.

While we waited for our order, I kept asking Chen some questions. Where was he born? When's his birthday? Why did he live in China? All sorts of questions. Our food finally came and we grubbed on it like crazy wild animals. After we finished our food, I toured him around the city. We went to tourist spots like COEX Mall and the N Seoul Tower. We were enjoying our time when I realized it was already 4 o'clock. 

"Chen, I have to go! I have work today, I'll see you at school tomorrow, okay? I said as I started running for the bus. 

"No wait! I want to come!" He yelled as he caught up to me.

We rode the bus and I pulled the yellow cord to stop in front of the store Bobalicious, obviously my workplace. I quickly ran inside dragging Chen with me. All of a sudden, 3 guys ran up to me and pulled me in for a group hug. 

"YAH OPPAS LET GO OF ME I CAN'T BREATHE!" I screamed as I tried to squirm out of the hug. 

"Sorry we just missed you!" They all said in unison. 

"By the way, you're 10 minutes late!" One of them said. 

"Mianhe oppa, I was showing my new classmate around town. *bbuing bbuing*" I said doing my famous aegyo. 

"Arasseo, remember to get here on time next time!" He said. 

"Ara ara, by the way, this is Chen. Chen these are my coworkers, Seokjin, Yoongi, and Namjoon. Or you can call them Jin, Suga, and Rap Mon." I introduced them and they all shook hands. 

"Wait... Chen? As in Kim Jongdae?" Jin asked. 

"Uhm yes..." Chen answered. 

"You're the new manager! You're the owners son..." Suga stuttered.

"WHAT?!" I screamed.

"Oh uhm yeah, I was gonna tell you when we got here, hehe. I don't start work until next week though, don't worry, we'll have lots of fun." Chen said as he rubbed the back of his neck. 

"Okay, get back to work." Jin said. 

I started my shift and customers kept coming in. Suga and Rap Mon usually stood outside the shop singing and rapping to attract more customers. I took the orders while Jin made the bubble teas. The orders varied from caramel to honeydew to chocolate to avocado. While I was taking orders, I couldn't help but notice the group of girls flirting with Chen. I felt kind of jealous.. But why would I be jealous? What the heck...

It was finally time to close up and man I was exhausted. Chen offered to walk me home but I denied it, but he insisted anyways. On the walk home, the wind started blowing hard. Ugh, why didn't I bring a jacket?! You're so stupid Yoon Mi. I kept walking and I started to shiver. All of a sudden I felt warmth on my shoulders, and Chen put his jacket on my shoulders and wrapped his arm around me. Dang it, why is the wind blowing on a summer night?! 

We finally reached my door step and I said, "I hope you had fun today. I'll see you tomorrow!" And I reached for my keys to open the door and I felt a pair of lips on my cheek. 

"Bye Yoon Mi! I had lots of fun today! You'll be seeing a lot of me from now on!" He yelled as he started running away. 

I immediately ran up to my room and jumped on my bed. I laid there, touching my right cheek, and I felt my cheeks getting warmer. 

"Slick, very slick Kim Jongdae." I said with a big smile on my face. 

Then, I realized that I still had his jacket. It smelled so good, the scent lingered all around my room. That night I fell asleep with his sweater in my arms. 


Hey guys! BTS is in the story now, wuuuuut~ I thought this update was a bit boring, but I hope you guys still somewhat enjoyed it. Please continue to comment, sub, and upvote <3 Thank you guys (:

I will edit later :3