First Dance

Taste the Rainbow

At last, the day that has caused so much chaos, the dance. I woke up around 11 AM and just laid on my bed, staring at the ceiling. What am I gonna do for another 8 hours? Sweet geezus. I know I'm gonna eat, that's for sure. I went to the bathroom to quickly wash up and headed downstairs to the kitchen. Mom was already at work, and Yixing and Yi Fan were probably knocked out. 

I decided to make brick toasts topped with fresh cream, strawberries, and peaches. I also made Belgian waffles with vanilla ice cream, caramel syrup, and strawberries. I went upstairs and called them down for breakfast, telling them I made brick toast and waffles. After about 30 seconds, I heard a stampede of foot steps running down the stairs. Now Yixing and Yifan were standing in front of me in their pajamas and bed hair. "Cute," I mumbled to myself. 

"Good morning oppas! Sit down and have breakfast!" I smiled. 

They quickly got seated and indulged into the sweet breakfast. I just sat there watching them eat, it's like they haven't eaten for days. I took a couple of bites of the food here and there, but I mainly drank water. 

Kris oppa looked up from his food and ask, "Yoon Mi, how come you're barely eating? Eat more!" 

"It's okay oppa, you guys just eat it. How am I supposed to fit into my dress later if I eat all this sweet goodness? I don't want to look like I have a beer belly!" 

"Oh right, your dance is today! What are you doing for the next few hours?" Yixing oppa asked. 

"See that's my problem, I don't know what I'm gonna do. I'll probably get my nails done, I'm not sure yet." 

"Get your nails done! We'll come with you, we'll pay! I could use a facial for my beautiful face anyways." Kris oppa said. 

"Really? Aigoo, you guys are the best!" I squealed, pinching both of their cheeks. "I'm going to get ready, finish your breakfast, okay? Then just put the dishes in the dishwasher. I'm going to shower!" 

I hurriedly ran upstairs and jumped into the shower. After showering, I rummaged through my closet for an outfit. I ended up wearing my black daisy cropped tank, distressed high waisted shorts, and black gladiator sandals. I ran downstairs with my mint cross body bag and raybans.

Kris drove to the nearest nail & spa. Yixing and Kris oppa decided to get facial massages while I got my nails done and a facial scrub. I decided to go with gold glitter french tipped nails. After we left the nail & spa, we ended up getting some gelato and wandering around Seoul for a couple of hours, sightseeing and shopping. We came home around 5 PM with bags of clothes, shoes, and other necessities. 

I went up to my room and dropped the shopping bags on my bed and decided to hop in the shower. I mean, you can't go to a dance covered in sweat, that's a big no no. After taking a shower, I put my BTS mix tape that Taehyung gave me on blast. I sat down in front of my vanity mirror and started to do my make up. I applied primer, light bb cream, and translucent powder. For eye shadow, I did a brown smokey with a gold base, dark brown outer corner, and black cut crease. Then I curled my eye lashes and applied a decent amount of mascara. For my lips, I decided to go with a bold red lip color. 

After finishing my make up, I started to blow dry my hair. Then, I started to curl my hair into loose waves with my wand. I slipped into my dress and looked at myself in the mirror. I looked pretty damn good. The dress accentuated my curves and my , it wasn't too long or too short. Plus the opening in the back made it look y. I slipped on my black platform Mary Janes that Yixing oppa bought my earlier and knocked on his door. We just ended up taking 23828323983 selcas before the doorbell rang. 

Yixing and Kris oppa went downstairs to open the door while I went back to my room to get my bag. My palms were sweating as I was walking down the stairs. There he was, looking as handsome as ever wearing a red button up with a black bow tie, suspenders, black jeans, and Jordan's. Instead of making a grand entrance, ya girl was praying for her dear life, not wanting to roll down the stairs face flat and make a fool out of herself. 

I walked over to the couch where he was waiting and he stood up to greet me, "Wow, don't you look stunning as ever." 

"I could say the same thing about you, Mr. Kim Jongdae," I replied. 

"Well, how can you not notice this handsome face?" He smiled. 

"Ew gross, let's go!" I laughed. 

We got into his car and drove off to the hotel where the dance was held. When we walked in, all eyes were on us. 

"Damn, Yoon Mi looks good in that dress. I'm jealous." 

"I'm surprised she didn't go with Baekhyun. I thought they were dating." 

"Omg, Chen looks so cute!" 

"When did Chen get this hot? Oh wait, he always was." 

People kept running there mouths on and on. We waited in line to get our pictures. When it was our turn, he wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him. We smiled as if we were a happy couple and walked to our table. When we walked in, the first person I saw was Baekhyun, followed by Chanyeol. Both of their eyes were glued on me. 

"Jongdae-ah, I'm just gonna go and say hi Baekhyun and Chanyeol, okay? Don't run away from me!" I said and he nodded.

I walked over to there table and greeted both of them. 

"Hey Baek, looking good!" I winked and gave him a hug.

"Hi Channie, don't you look handsome." I said and gave him a hug as well.

"You look gorgeous, Yoon Mi!" Chanyeol said. 

"Thanks handsome," I replied. 

"Well I'm gonna go back to Jongdae, okay? I'll see you guys later," I waved and walked away. 

I walked back to the table and looked at Jongdae and asked,"Do you wanna go raid the photo booth? It's free! C'mon let's go!" And I dragged him away. 

We ended up taking about 20 pictures in the photo booth and by the time we came out, people were mad-dogging us. I think we even almost broke the machine. I put the pictures in my bag and dragged him off to the dance floor. 

We danced to the music and our bodies gradually started getting closer to each other. It got to the point where our hips were swaying in sync, and he put his hands on my hips. My body flowed with the rhythm, and I eventually started grinding on him. We were dancing for about 10 minutes, and we started to sweat. We decided to stop, and when I looked back, I could see Baekhyun staring at me. 

A slow song started to play and Jongdae got up and asked, "Dance with me, my lady?" 

He lead me to the dance floor, and I wrapped my arms around his neck while his hands were on my hips. Our bodies were swaying with the music, and across from me I could see Baekhyun and Chanyeol dancing together. Jealousy burned up inside me, and I rested my head on Jongdae's shoulder. Maybe Baekhyun will never like me back. I looked up at Jongdae and asked, "Jongdae-ah, do you like me?" 

He looked at me started and said, "What do you mean?" 

"Do you like me? As in like like me?" I asked again. 

"Erm.. Uh.. You see.. How should I say this.." He sighed and finally said, "Yoon Mi, I'm not straight. I actually have a boyfriend..." 

"WHAT?!" I silently screamed and looked at his with widened eyes. 

"Erm yeah... sorry I didn't tell you sooner! It's complicated, c'mon lets go to the table and I'll explain." 

We walked back to the table and he started his story. "You see, I have a boyfriend. His name is Minseok, and he's in China right now. You can't even imagine how much I miss him. Anyways, Yixing asked me to do him a favor, which was to ask you to the dance. Don't get me wrong, I wanted to go to the dance with you, but you wanted to go with Baekhyun. But you know all that drama happened and yadayadayada. So here we are, at this dance where you're supposed to be dancing with your Prince Charming Baekhyun, but he's too busy flirting with Chanyeol over there." 

"Wow. You too. I swear, I must be living in the wrong galaxy. All the gorgeous men around me are gay. I don't know what to do with my life anymore." 

"Run after him, Yoon Mi. I know you can change his mind. It's obvious that Baekhyun isn't the straightest guy on earth, and I know you like him. So, just go for it Yoon Mi. Taste the rainbow, if you know what I mean." He winked. 

I got up from my seat and walked to the table where Baekhyun was sitting alone. "Dance with me," I demanded and pulled him off his seat. 

A slow song was still playing, so I pulled him closer to me. "Byun Baekhyun, you're so oblivious, you know? You're so frustrating!" 

"W-what did I do?" He stuttered. 

"Baekhyun oppa..." I slowly said.

"Hmm?"

"I like you," I whispered into his ear. 

"Of course you do, honey! I like you too."

"No, not like that. I LIKE YOU."

"What? You're hilarious! You know I'm gayer than the rainbow!" 

"Not for long," I replied and kissed him on the cheek, leaving a big red mark. 

I walked away, looked back at him and winked, leaving him dumbfounded. There he was, standing in the middle of the dance floor, holding onto his left cheek that I just kissed. 

Just as I was walking off the dance floor, someone held onto my arm. I turned around to look at the culprit, and he was brightly smiling at me. His face seemed so familiar. 

"May I have his dance, beautiful?" 

It took my mind a couple minutes to process what was happening before I yelled, "LUHAN?!" 

He looked at me with those shining eyes and said nothing, all he did was drag me back to the dance floor. 

I never thought he'd be back so soon. 


Hello loves! This has got to be one of the longest chapters I've ever written. I hope you guys liked it because honestly I was disappointed with how it came out. But please comment & let me know what you think :3

Please continue to support this fanfic! I love you guys <3 

WAAAAAAAT JONGDAE IS GAY AND HIS BOYFRIEND IS MINSEOK

WAAAAAAAT YOON MI CONFESSED HER FEELZZZ TO BAEKHYUN 

WAAAAAAAT LUHAN CAME BACK TO KOREA ALREADY WAAAAAT

Forgive me if there's any typos OTL

I hope you guys can see Yoon Mi's dress and shoes!