Prologue

Taste the Rainbow

10 y e a r s a g o

October 11. That was the day when I first met him. He was the most perfect human being, well in my eyes at least. I thought it was just going to be another boring Saturday, but obviously I was proven wrong. As cliché as it sounds, that day changed my life. 

I was in the middle of my tea party when I heard loud sounds of thunder. Great, way to make my boring Saturday better. I looked outside my window to see a beautiful sight. Although it was gloomy and the dark puffs of clouds started coming in, you could still see the orange sunset beaming through the clouds. It was Autumn, my favorite season. The weather started getting colder, leaves were turning orange, and it was the perfect time to start drinking my favorite hot chocolate. As I continued to enjoy the view, I noticed an unfamiliar little boy playing in my tree house. Being the curious little girl I was, I ran down the stairs to ask my mom if she knew him.

"Umma umma! Who's the little boy in my tree house?" I asked curiously. 

"What little boy? I don't see anybody sweetheart." She replied, looking out the window.

"But... He was just out there a minute ago. Maybe he went back inside..."

"Ahh, maybe he's our new neighbor! I saw the moving trucks earlier, and I had a talk with a nice lady earlier, she told me she had a son about your age!" 

"Jinjja umma?! Ah, I'm so excited! I can finally make a new friend, since you know who moved away... Umma can we make cookies and bring it to them? Pleaaaaase?" I begged as I flashed her my puppy dog eyes and pouting lip. 

"Arasseo arasseo, just because I don't want my little princess to be lonely. You've been spending too much time having tea parties with your stuffed animals." She said.

We headed over to the kitchen to make chewy chocolate chip cookies. Once umma made the mix, I used my cookie cutter to cut them out into cute little shapes. We put them in the oven for 8 minutes, and boy that seemed like forever. I kept running into the kitchen back and forth, opening the oven to see if it was almost done. Come on hurry! I want to meet my new friend already! 

*BEEP BEEP* Finally, the cookies are done! I had to wait for the cookies to cool down before umma can take them off the pan. When they cooled down, she placed them into a small bento box and tied it off with ribbon. I took the box and headed next door. Don't be so nervous Yoon Mi, you got this! Don't forget to smile, or else you might scare him off with your face. I slowly walked up to their doorsteps and rang the doorbell. 

A lady opened the door and said, "Hello, you must be Yoon Mi, am I right?" 

"Annyeonghaseyo, yes I am Yoon Mi." I replied as I bowed to her. 

"You're very pretty Yoon Mi!" She beamed, pinching my cheeks. 

"Ah kamsahamnida! Ahjumma, I brought you cookies." I said shyly while presenting her the box. 

"Gomawo, call me imo instead. Baekhyun will enjoy these." She stated. 

"Uhm, who's Baekhyun?" I asked her. 

"Ah, he's my son! You should go upstairs to meet him and bring him the cookies, his room is the first one on the left!" 

"Neh, I'll be headed upstairs then imo." I replied as I excused myself and made my way upstairs.

Once I got upstairs, I turned left into his room and the door was open. I walked inside and everything was neatly put away, and I saw a little boy who was organizing some stuffed toys.

"Uhm... Baekhyun?" I whispered. 

He turned around startled and said, "Who are you? Why are you here? How did you get in?"

"I'm Yoon Mi, Han Yoon Mi. Your mom let me in and she told me to bring you these cookies." I replied as I handed him the bento box. 

"Ooooooh cookies!" He squealed as he quickly took the box from my hands and started munching on the cookies. 

"How old are you? So I know if I should call you oppa." I asked. 

"I'm 7! But my birthday is in May!" He replied as he kept munching on the cookies. 

"Me too! But you're older than me by a couple of months! So I will call you oppa." I said. 

"Okay, so why are you here?" He asked. 

"I wanted to make friends. Wahhh, oppa you're so handsome!" I said as I pinched his cheeks. 

"YAH! KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF ME! YOU HAVE COOTIES!" He screamed as he jumped on his bed. 

I started scanning around his room and spotted his baby pictures, books, and his collection of stuffed animals. I walked over to his stuffed animal collection and picked up a puppy that looked exactly like him. 

"Waahh kyeopta! It looks exactly like you oppa!" I beamed. 

"YAH DON'T TOUCH THAT WITH YOUR COOTIES YOU UGLY PABO GIRL!" He screamed. 

"Okay okay fine! I'll just go back to my tea party then! Gosh, you're welcome for the cookies." I muttered. 

"DID YOU SAY TEA PARTY?! I'VE ALWAYS WANTED TO HAVE A TEA PARTY... I mean no uh CAN I COME...?" He stuttered. 

"Sure, but stop being a meanie , arasseo?" I said. 

We both walked downstairs and asked for Mrs. Byun for permission. We headed back to my house and I introduced Baekhyun to my mom. 

"Umma, this is Baekhyun, our new neighbor and my new friend!" I squealed. 

"Ah, hello Baekhyun, nice to meet you! Did you enjoy the cookies?" She asked. 

"Ah neh, kamsahamnida!" He said, bowing to my mom. 

"Well umma, Baekhyun will be joining me for my tea party! We'll be upstairs!" I screamed as I dragged Baekhyun upstairs. 

Once we entered the room, he immediately ran to the table where I had my tea party set up. He looked so happy, you could see the stars in his eyes. He quickly pulled out a chair and said, "What are you waiting for? Aren't you going to join me, my lady?"

"Oh right, thank you my good sir." I replied as a took the seat. 

We started our tea party and he looked like he was having the time of his life. Wahh, oppa's so handsome. I'm going to marry him when I grow up! Then I noticed something weird, everytime he sipped his tea, he had his pinky up. 

"Oppa, why is your pinky always up when you drink your tea? Don't girls only do that?" I asked. 

"Huh... Uh no... It's just a way of being fancy that's all." He reasoned. 

"Oh okay, I see." 

Just then, it started raining cats and dogs. We both looked at each and back at the window, and suddenly smiles appeared on your faces. 

"Wanna play outside in the rain?!" We both said in unison and we started laughing. 

We both ran outside and started jumping into the puddles. We both started spinning in circles, looking like crazy monkeys playing in the rain. Then, oppa suggested that we play tag, and I agreed. I was it, and just as I was running after him, I slipped on the wet ground, causing me to land on top of him. Our lips touched lightly and we looked at each other with widened eyes. 

"AHHHHHHHHHHH!" We both screamed. 

"GET OFF! EW YOU NASTY COOTIE GIRL!" He yelled as he got up and ran back inside his house. 

"OPPA! MIANHE, I JUST SLIPPED! I'M SORRY!" I called after him, but he shut the door in my face.

A week had passed since that incident, and Baekhyun wouldn't talk to me or show himself. Every time I knocked on their door, Mrs. Byun either said that Baekhyun wasn't home or he was busy. I even tried throwing rocks at his window, but I still got no response. I decided to go to my tree house to watch the sunset when I saw a familiar figure sitting down. Is that Baekhyun? 

"Baekhyun oppa... Is that you? I asked. 

"Oh... What are you doing here?' He said. 

"Well, this is my tree house.." I replied. 

"Oh sorry, I guess I'll get going now." He said as he got up to leave. 

"No, stay. Look I'm sorry, okay? Please stop avoiding me, you're my only friend." I whispered. 

"I'm sorry for avoiding you, it's not your fault. It's just that.." 

"What is it oppa?" I questioned. 

"I... I uh, I didn't want to lose my first kiss to a girl... I think I'm gay..." He finally said and I looked at him with widened eyes. 

"Oppa, why didn't you just tell me instead of avoiding me?" I asked. 

"I'm sorry, you're the first person I ever told. Even my parents don't know, if they find out, they'll probably disown me..." He said, as tears started rolling down his cheek. 

"I'll always be here for you oppa, no matter what. I'll always keep your secret." I said, hugging him to calm him down. 

"You pinky promise?" He replied, holding his pinky out. 

"Pinky promise." I said, smiling as our pinkies locked. 


Hey guys! I hope you all liked the prologue! I hope I didn't bore you guys with this chapter. Thank you for the subscribers who subscribed even though I didn't have anything up yet. You guys are amazing, thank you for all the support :* Please continue to support me by subbing, commenting, and upvoting. I love you guys <3