Oppa

Taste the Rainbow

Why not?

Why not?

Why not?

That was the only thing on my mind while I tossed and turned around in my bed. Why would he say that? Did he even mean it? I looked at the clock, and it read 6:00. 

3.. 2.. 1.. 

"YAH HAN YOON MI! GET YOUR CUTE LITTLE OUT OF BED! WE'RE GONNA BE LATE FOR SCHOOL," He screamed as I heard footsteps coming up the stairs. 

"Ugh, just the voice I wanted to hear; what a great way to start my day," I mumbled as I slowly got out of bed. Ignore him, Yoon Mi. Avoid those stupid feelings. You're probably just dwelling in the past. Get a grip of yourself.

"Hi baby!" He squealed, loud enough for my mom to hear. 

"What do you want, Baekhyun?" 

"You, of course! Why are you so grumpy? Did Mother Nature finally hit you up?"

"Baekhyun I'm not in the mood. Just go downstairs and eat breakfast while I shower."

"Fine, fine. Hurry up before I miss you." 

The walk to school was just plain awkward. Baekhyun kept trying to start a conversation, but I just kept giving one word replies. He finally gave up and the walk was filled with awkward silence. Once we arrived at school, I just realized I had health class with Baekhyun today, and we were presenting what we did on the weekend. Great, how wonderful. 

"Yoon Mi!" Someone shouted and for some reason a smile lit up my face, recognizing the voice immediately. 

I turned to Baek and said I'd see him in class. I walked to my locker where he was waiting, "Hey Chen," I said.

"Hey, what's up? You look tired and glum. What's wrong?" He asked. 

"Oh nothing, just really tired. I stayed up late doing homework," I assured him. Lies Yoon Mi, you were up all night thinking about Baekhyun.

"No wonder, oh by the way, did you hear about the dance coming up this week?" 

"Really? I haven't heard anything about it. Is it the back to school dance?" 

"Yeah, by any chance are you going with anyone?" He hesitantly asked. 

"Hmm, I'm not sure yet... I usually go with Baekhyun. Why?"

"Ohhh... Uh nothing. Here, I brought you some bubble tea and a sandwich since I was at the shop this morning," He said, holding out a small bag. Baekhyun, Baekhyun, Baekhyun, always about Baekhyun.

"Awh, you didn't have to! Thanks Jongdae oppa! You're the best!" I exclaimed, squishing him into a hug. 

We chatted for a little while until the bell rang. He walked me to class, and I gave him a quick goodbye hug. Once I stepped into the classroom, I found Baekhyun staring at me with hawk eyes. 

"Looks like someone's in a good mood, I wonder why," Baekhyun sarcastically said, rolling his eyes. 

"You can thank Chen for that," I smiled. 

"Right..." He sighed. Chen, Chen, Chen, always about Chen.

Mr. Kim explained that we'd be sharing what we did on the weekend to the whole class. He started taking volunteers and eventually people started presenting. Some of them went to the zoo, Lotte World, the beach, and the park. Others went to the mall, the aquarium, and the arcade. Finally, it was me and Baekhyun's turn. 

I slowly got out of my seat and to my surprise, Baekhyun intertwined our hands together and gave me a small smile. I was surprised by his gesture and smiled back at him. I prepared the PowerPoint I made during the weekend filled with our pictures. 

We talked about how we went to the carnival together and showed our pictures. We told them how people thought we were crazy because we were walking around with fake baby dolls on a stroller. Baekhyun just kept smiling and laughing and holding my hand throughout the whole presentation. We showed our selcas and people kept whispering how we made a cute couple and Baekhyun just smiled. Then we talked about how we went to the mall and went shopping with the kids. We even showed them the matching onesies we got for them and the whole class, including seonsaengnim said, "Awwwwh." 

"Great job, you guys! You both look like a real couple! I wouldn't be surprised if you guys had kids in the future, you both will make great parents," Mr. Kim said. 

"That's because YoonBaek is real seonsaengnim!" Baekhyun announced and kissed my cheek. 

I started looking like a tomato and I lightly hit Baekhyun's arm. The whole class went crazy and started cheering for us. "YoonBaek! YoonBaek! YoonBaek!" They shouted. 

The class finally quieted down, and we went back to our seats. 

Baekhyun turned to me and whispered, "I have good acting skills, huh?" 

So it was all an act. Yoon Mi how can you be so stupid?  "Yeah... some great acting skills you have there," I mumbled.

"I know, right! Like what the hell is YoonBaek?" He laughed. 

"Hahaha yeah, that's so stupid. What are people thinking these days..." I said as I let out an uneasy laugh. 

The bell finally rang, and I immediately ran out of the classroom leaving Baekhyun behind. Usually I'd spend break with him, but right now I just wanted to be alone. Luckily, I don't have any classes with him after health. I quickly walked to the rooftop where I found Chen sitting on the steps. 

"Oh Chen, what are you doing here? Am I invading your space?" I quietly asked. 

"No, it's fine. Stay, I could use some company," He replied, flashing me that bright smile. 

I sat next to him, and we looked over the city. Although we didn't talk, it felt since to have someone next to me. The bell rang for the next period and Chen gladly walked me to class again. 

The rest of the day passed by quickly. I spent lunch eating with Chen and surprisingly Baekhyun didn't look for me at all. I rushed out of my last class when I came face to face with Baekhyun. 

"I finally caught you!" He exclaimed. 

"What are you talking about?" I asked. 

"I was looking for you all day!" 

"Yeah, right...." I mumbled. 

"What? Anyways, you just disappeared after first period and I looked for you all over the place!" 

"Oh, well I was with Chen." 

"No wonder... Well you have work in a bit, right? I'll walk you there!" Chen, always Chen. 

"No, it's okay. Chen is walking with me." 

"Oh... Well, I'll pick you up after work, okay? You can't say no to that! Okay?!" 

"Okay okay, I get off at 8." 

I met Chen in front of the school, and we both walked to work. It was pretty packed today since it was about 100 something degrees outside. Customers were buzzing in and out of the shop, it was chaotic. I tried to stay focused but I was just so distracted with Baekhyun in my head. 

The sun started to set and less people came to the shop. I finally had time to clean the tables and mop the floor. I heard the bell chime, signaling that a costumer just came in; he was wearing all black and was wearing a mouth mask. Oh sweet geezus, please don't be a robber. I quickly ran back to the cash register to take his order. 

"Hi, what can I get for you?" 

"I'd like a crepe and strawberry bubble tea." 

"Would that be all? Would you like to try anything from our special menu?" 

"Depends, are you on that menu?" 

"Look Chanyeol, I don't have time for your games. Can you just order properly?" 

"Ermm, but I'm not Chanyeol." He said. 

"Mwoh?! That's right... You don't sound anything like Chanyeol and you're not that tall either, but you're over here stealing his line. Then who are y— OPPA IS THAT YOU?!" 

"Nice to see you too, Yoon Mi. You haven't changed one bit." He said as his mask fell on the counter. 


Hey guys! Forgive me for not updating for a long time TT_TT I was busy with school & I kind of lost inpiration to write about this fanfic, but luckily I'm gainging it all back. I hope you guys liked this chapter, I hope it wasn't too disappointing. Who is this "oppa" she just saw? Hmmm? ^.~ Anyways, thank you to all the new subbies I've gained & for the upvotes as well. I love you guys :*

 

Can you guys help me out? I'm starting a new fanfic sometime soon and I need a new character. I wanted to do another group besides Exo. The character is going to be funny, playful, kind of a player, a bit immature, indecisive, tease, sociable, sweet talker, and other stuff that I'll remember later. I'm leaning towards Zelo since I know him a bit more than the other characters plus he was one of my first choices. And who doesn't love this giant baby? haha ^-^ I hope you guys can help me by voting.