Totally Not Replaced

Taste the Rainbow

That night I couldn't fall asleep. 

I can't believe Baekhyun said yes to me, and we're going to the dance together. I mean, we usually go to dances together, but it's kind of automatic, y'know? Neither of us asks each other to the dance, it kind of just happens. I know it wasn't the most romantic way to ask him, but it's better than nothing, right? I really hope I wasn't too obvious. What if he gets the hint that I like him? No freaking way. They were just cookies, and it was simple, nothing too fancy. It kind of sounded like an apology anyways cus of the whole 'boyfriend' thing. Aish Yoon Mi, you're overthinking again

My thoughts just kept flooding my brain until I finally fell asleep. Once I drifted off to dreamland, time flew by and it was time to wake up already. I walked to the bathroom and realized that I had just gotten my period. Ugh thanks Mother Nature, what a wonderful gift. I'll be fighting the cramps and back aches today, how fun. 

"Baekhyun-ah, what color should we wear this year?" I asked. 

"Well last year we wore pink, so definitely not pink." He replied.

"I was thinking mint or beige? What do you say?" 

"I think mint! Let's go shopping later, yeah?" 

"Okay! I'll meet you at the gate after school!" 

As I was walking to the library, I accidentally bumped into Chen.

"Hey Chenchen!" I greeted. 

"Hey, Yoon Mi. You seem to be in a good mood." He said. 

"Am I really being that obvious?" 

"Apparently, yes." 

"Well guess what?" 

"What?" 

"Chicken . Just kidding, Baekhyun said yes!" 

"Oh, r-really? That's g-great." He mumbled. 

"I'm so excited! We're going to match and everything! I mean we do that every year, but who cares!" 

"That's cool, well I gotta go, I uh have to go to the bathroom." 

The rest of the day passed by slowly. I spent all my time staring at the clock and thinking about the dance. What am I going to wear? What if I don't find the right dress? What if my heels don't match? OMG WHAT IF ME AND SOME OTHER GIRL WEAR THE SAME DRESS? OH HELL NO HONEY. The last bell finally rang, and I quickly ran out of the classroom and dashed to the gate. 

I stood by the gate and patiently waited for him. It passed 10 minutes, and I was still waiting there, bored out of my mind. Where is he? He's usually never this late going home. Another 5 minutes passed, and he finally came out of the school... with Chanyeol? 

"Oh, hey Chanyeol." I weirdly greeted. 

"Sup Yoon Mi." He greeted. 

We awkwardly stood there; I stared at both of them from head to toe and noticed that Baekhyun was hiding something behind his back. It was a box of chocolates... the same ones Chanyeol was holding the other day. Oh, that's who it was for? 

"So uh, are we going shopping with Chanyeol? Or....?" I asked, finally breaking the silence. 

"Uhm yeah about that... Yoon Mi-ah... Chanyeol asked me to go to the dance with him..." He slowly said. 

"And..." I dragged on. 

"And I said y-yes," he quietly said. 

"Oh. Uhm, okay then." 

"Yeah. Is that okay with you? I mean, I won't go with Chanyeol if you don't want me to." 

"No no no, it's totally fine. Just go. We always go to the dance together every year anyways. So just go with Chanyeol. It's totally cool." 

"Yoon Mi, are you sure? I don't want to get in between you and Baekhyun." Chanyeol said. 

But you just did. "No really, it's fine. I gotta go, Yixing oppa called me earlier to go home," I lied and slowly started walking away. 

I could hear Baekhyun calling out my name, but he never went after me. My tears started to swell up and eventually they started rolling down my cheek. I made my way home crying my eyes out. Halfway throughout the walk, my cramps and back aches kicking in. It hurt so bad that I couldn't walk anymore; I collapsed on my knees clutching my stomach in pain. I was in that position for what seemed like the longest time, until I felt a hand on my shoulder. 

"Yoon Mi?" The voice asked. 

"J-jongdae?" I stuttered, trying to hold back the tears. 

"What happened to you? Are you alright?!" He questioned. 

"No... Baekhyun... Cramps... Back hurts..." I mumbled. 

"I'm going to put you on my back, okay? I'll take you home." He said, and I nodded in response. 

He quickly walked, and we ended up in front of my house in less than 5 minutes. He rang the doorbell and luckily Yixing answered the door.

"YAH! YOON MI! ARE YOU OKAY?" He asked worriedly. 

"You must be her cousin. I'm not sure what happened but she mumbled, Baekhyun's name, cramps, and back hurts." Chen said. 

"Okay, thank you for bringing her. Let's get her inside." 

Chen brought me inside the house and put me down on the couch. I heard him tell Yixing oppa that he'll be right back. Once Chen left, I bursted out crying again. I was filled with mixed emotions, mostly pain. The only thing running through my mind was that I wasn't going to the dance with Baekhyun anymore. I don't know if it's the period talking and the hormones or if this just really affected me that much. 

Yixing oppa immediately ran to the couch and pulled me into his arms when he heard my sobs. "My poor Yoon Mi, what's wrong honey?" 

"O-ppa... B-baekhyun's not g-going to the d-dance with me a-anymore. He's going with C-chanyeol. I'm on m-my period, my back h-hurts, and I have c-cramps. I c-can't take it anymore. I'm in too m-much pain, from e-everything." I cried. 

"Shhh, you'll be fine Yoon Mi. You're a strong girl, I know you won't back down easily. You know that I'm here for you, just let it out, okay?" He said, and I nodded and cried my eyes out. 

I cried myself to sleep and got woken up by the doorbell. I got up to get the door and saw Chen standing there holding a bunch of bags. 

"Hey, are you feeling better? I got you some well not some, a lot of stuff actually. Can I come in?" He asked. 

"Jongdae, you didn't have to..." I said as I let him inside the house. 

"Yixing oppa, this is Chen, a close friend of mine." 

They greeted each other, and Jongdae went to the table and set down the stuff. He started pulling out all these things, and my eyes lit up when I saw the buckets of ice cream. 

"So, I got you some pads and tampons. I wasn't sure what to get you so I just got both." He said, sounding embarrassed. "Then I bought you some cookies, bags of chips, and buckets of ice cream. I wasn't sure what to get so I just for vanilla, butter pecan, and cookie dough. I hope that's fine. Oh, and I got you some medicine for your cramps. Make sure you take them, okay?" 

"Fine? Are you crazy Jongdae?! This is more than enough! You're seriously the best, I don't know what I'd do without you." I squealed and squished him with all my might. 

"You're more than welcome. It was my pleasure, anything for you, Yoon Mi," he smiled. 

I grabbed the bucket of vanilla ice cream and cookies while Chen put the rest of the ice cream in the freezer. Yixing oppa came downstairs and went in the kitchen. 

"Hey, thanks for everything you've done for Yoon Mi. She's really heartbroken right now." He said. 

"It's no problem. And what? What happened?" Jongdae asked. 

"Well, it turns out that Baekhyun is going to the dance with Chanyeol now, and she's pretty much heartbroken." 

"Really? That's what it was. Thank you for telling me." 

Chen walked back into the living room and said, "I'm going now, Yoon Mi. I'll see you tomorrow, okay? I hope you feel better." 

"No, Jongdae. Please, stay..." I said, pleading with my eyes. 

"Okay, if you say so." 

"Thanks, you're the best." 

Jongdae and Yixing ended up cooking dinner since mom was coming home late. I spent the rest of my day watching movies and munching on junk food with Jongdae. We watched 'A Walk To Remember,' and I started bawling my eyes out, and Jongdae wiped my tears. I started getting sleepy, and my head started leaning towards his shoulder. My headed ended up resting there, and I linked my arms with his. He started my hair, making me feel even sleepier. My eyes slowly started to close, and I scooted closer to him to feel his warmth. He took off his sweater mad draped it over me, and kissed my forehead. 

"Thank you for everything, Jongdae." I whispered. 

I kissed his cheek and drifted off to dreamland. 


I hope you guys don't kill me ;~; CHANYEOL WHY YOU GOTTA TAKE AWAY BAEKHYUN FROM YOON MI?! COME TO ME INSTEAD~~~ but seriously, I loved this chapter all because of Chen. I can't contain my feels, they're exploding everywhere. JONGDAE LET ME LOVE YOUUUUUUU~ anyways, I hope you guys liked this chapter. Plz don't kill me omg TT_TT

SORRY IF THERE'S TYPOS OK

*edit* 

i lost subbies after I posted this chapter. cryzzz ): do you guys hate this chapter that much D: