Ch.17 - Should We Call This Happy End?

Just Another TaeNy Story

“Kim Gayyeooooon! Get me some coffee! Now!” Sunmi ordered.

Taeyeon gulped. She didn’t know what to reply. The call she had with Hyoyeon the day before confused her as hell.

 

“You have to trust me, okay? Just don’t do what Sunmi tells you to tomorrow. Say no, just once. And make sure to be clear.”

“Are you crazy, Kim Hyoyeon? Do you have any idea what that girl is capable of??!”

“I do and that’s the point. Just… trust me, will ya?”

“I’m not sure if I am willing to do this. I wanna live.”

“Kim Taeyeon unless you want an angry North Korean to beat you up, you’re gonna refuse her requests tomorrow.”

“Okay, okay, geez, you sound so scary, no need to get violent. I’ll see what I can do.”

 

“No,” she mumbled.

“I beg your pardon?” Sunmi raised her eyebrows threateningly.

“No,” Taeyeon said more confidently. “I am sorry, but I am no longer going to be your slave.”

Sunmi’s face changed a few colors before settling down at light red. “Yes you are. Of course you are. We had an agreement.”

“You forced me. You blackmailed me, threatened me, you bullied me,” Taeyeon reminded. Suddenly she was overflowing with braveness. Which was bad, very bad. She knew she could get beaten up if she didn’t stop really soon, like immediately. But she just couldn’t, once he started… it was too late.

“And it will get even worse unless you get me my ing coffee right now!” Sunmi ordered.

Taeyeon clenched her fists. Sunmi was really enraged by now. It was probably the first time ever somebody said no to her.

 Taeyeon shook her head. “Like I said, go get it yourself.”

“You stupid ing dyke, I’ll destroy you, I swear!”    

“How much more can you possibly destroy me? You already have done everything you could.”

“I’ll make sure you won’t be able to enroll to any university.”

“I can’t believe a person can be so venomous and hateful,” Taeyeon breathed out. “I really can’t believe it. I did nothing wrong to you, ever!”

“So what? Do I need a reason?”

“Uh, yeah? And even with an actual reason it’s a very bad thing to do.”

“I don’t think so. Now get me my coffee,” Sunmi ordered.

Taeyeon didn’t even move.

“YAH!” Sunmi yelled and walked quickly towards the other girl, lifting her hand, ready to hit Taeyeon’s face.

“NOT SO FAST, MISSY!” a voice echoed.

Both, Taeyeon and Sunmi, looked the direction it came from. It was Tiffany, holding her iPhone, recording the whole thing, smirking. She put the phone down and started to do something with it.

“Tiffany!” Taeyeon breathed out while Sunmi just gritted her teeth.

“YOU!” she yelled and immediately ran after Tiffany in a desperate attempt to take her the phone.

“I’ve already sent it to Jessica. And a few others. So don’t bother,” Tiffany said and Sunmi gave up.

“I will destroy both of you!” she shrieked hysterically and walked away furiously.

Taeyeon looked at Tiffany, all confused, while Tiffany was smiling. “What is going on?”

“I can’t believe I got it all recorded. It actually worked!” she cheered.

“What worked? What? Did you plan this? But… it was Hyoyeon who told me to… I am confused.”

“Hyoyeon is really smart,” Tiffany said.

“How do you two know each other?” Taeyeon questioned.

“Coincidence,” Tiffany smirked. “Anyways, you don’t have to worry anymore. You are free and we both are gonna get our revenge.”

Taeyeon frowned, all suspicious, but party happy and hoping that what Tiffany was saying was true. “What are you planning to do?”

 

 

Later that day, the three culprits met at Taeyeon’s house. They were re-watching Tiffany’s recording, all satisfied with it.

“Great job, Hwang,” Hyoyeon praised the proud camerawoman.

Taeyeon and Tiffany smiled at each other and kept staring for a moment. Hyoyeon just looked at them, pouting a bit.

“Yes, great job, Hwang,” Taeyeon repeated quietly, looking into Tiffany’s eyes. Hyoyeon cleared .

“Now all you have to do is show it to Sunmi’s father and do some blackmailing,” Hyoyeon said.

“What if he makes it impossible for us to go on a college?” Taeyeon then realized.

“Me and Tiffany, we already thought this through. He won’t do it, because showing this to somebody would make him lose his job. He can’t risk that.”

“You hope.”

“Yes, we hope,” Tiffany admitted. “And we think it’s highly probable. He wouldn’t risk that, trust us a bit.”

Taeyeon sighed. “Okay, fine.”

“Good, okay, now that we have this one thing settled… We have one more thing to deal with,” Hyoyeon said then and she stood up from a chair and stood still right above Taeyeon and Tiffany who were sitting on the bed.

“Okay, what is it?” Tiffany asked carefully, feeling a bit freaked out because of Hyoyeon’s expression and attitude.

“What the is wrong with you two?! Probably even Ginger here can feel the goddamn tension!”

“W-what tension, what are you talking abo-” Taeyeon started, but ended up being interrupted by the scary North Korean.

“What tension? Are you kidding me, Kim Taeyeon? Anybody can see you two are in love, it’s driving me crazy, gah!”

Taeyeon couldn’t help it, but blush hard before hanging her head low. She didn’t dare to look at Tiffany, too afraid to see her reaction.

“It’s…” she heard Tiffany say slowly. “…not… like that…”

Taeyeon closed her eyes and dropped.

“Are you trying to tell me you just risked getting your kicked with stiletto shoes today because you hate Taeyeon to death?” Hyoyeon said, annoyed.

Silence.

It was a bit awkward. Both Taeyeon and Tiffany had nothing to say and Hyoyeon just kept looking at them with a judgmental expression.

Taeyeon looked up at her, quietly asking for help with her eyes. Hyoyeon just shook her head. “I’m done with everything I wanted to do. Now it’s your time to figure things out, so if you excuse me, I will leave you two alone to… talk or whatever,” she said and left the room and eventually the house as well.

The two girls on the bed just remained silent. Now it was actually awkward.

Taeyeon scratched her head with her index finger before slowly looking at Tiffany and smiling sheepishly.

Tiffany was looking at her too, with her cheeks slightly pink and a similar shy smile.

Taeyeon forced a laugh. “She’s crazy, right?” she said.

Tiffany laughed as well. “Yeah, totally.”

Taeyeon’s face turned serious again. She was looking right into Tiffany’s eyes. “Totally,” she nodded and leaned a bit in, so her face was closer to Tiffany’s.

“She’s not right at all,” Tiffany said and Taeyeon was already so close she could actually feel Tiffany’s warm breath on her face.

Taeyeon was thinking. Should I kiss Tiffany? She doesn’t seem to want to pull away, she must have figured out by now that we are about to kiss, right? Yeah, sure, she is damn innocent, but she must have seen bazillion romantic movies or something, she’s totally the type who would do that every evening.

Taeyeon didn’t wanna risk their… friendship again, but the feeling was too strong to ignore. And then it happened. Tiffany closed her eyes. Taeyeon immediately got the sign. She officially got Tiffany’s permission. Probably. Well, definitely seemed like it. Gosh, Kim Taeyeon, you’re taking forever, she’s gonna change her mind, just do it already!

And so Taeyeon did it. She tilted her head to the side, closed her eyes and gently pressed her lips against Tiffany’s. It was very soft and tender. Taeyeon felt Tiffany shiver when she put her hand on the latter’s hand. Taeyeon leaned in to kiss her a bit harder, but Tiffany slowly pulled away.

“I’m sorry, I’m just… really shy,” she said and put her hands on her cheeks, blushing.

Taeyeon had to laugh a bit. “Don’t worry, I’m not that experienced myself.”

Tiffany smiled. It wasn’t her usual bright eye smile, just a little, but truly honest and completely genuine vulnerable smile. Taeyeon felt every part of her body melting. She was totally falling head over heels and even more with this girl.

“Hyoyeon was totally right,” she whispered then, slightly shaking her head, making Tiffany chuckle a bit.

“I know,” Tiffany nodded. “You and I… we…” she sighed, being unable to find the right words.

“Tiffany… Fany…” Taeyeon started slowly. Tiffany’s smile grew a bit wider at the sweet nickname. She remembered Taeyeon had called her ‘Fany’ once before, it was back then on their… coffee date. Taeyeon couldn’t help it but smile as well. “Tiffany Hwang, I like you.”

Tiffany grinned and her cheeks turned red. “I like you… too…” she admitted sheepishly, looking down on Taeyeon’s hand holding hers.

“Will you be my girlfriend?” Taeyeon asked and gulped, nervously waiting for Tiffany’s reply. She was afraid she would scare Tiffany and she would refuse.

Tiffany looked up. She didn’t say anything as she felt embarrassed, but nodded.

Taeyeon smiled happily. She leaned in once again and carefully kissed Tiffany one more time. This time she felt Tiffany got a bit more confident. She was still very shy, but at least she responded when Taeyeon dared to actually deepen the kiss. It was far from being a perfect kiss. It was a bit clumsy and shaky, a little bit awkward too, since neither of them knew what to do with their hands, but well… Taeyeon wouldn’t dare to complain after their very first one which ended up not so well for her. Taeyeon then slowly pulled away and pecked Tiffany’s lips in a clumsy and childish way once again. It was all a bit weird, but Taeyeon loved it nonetheless. Tiffany’s lips were so perfect to hers and it felt actually pretty much perfect despite all the imperfection.

Taeyeon touched her ear as she giggled, not looking at Tiffany.

“Don’t worry, we will get better,” Tiffany said. That really surprised Taeyeon.

“We will?” she asked immediately. “So you wanna practice,” she concluded, making Tiffany all embarrassed.

“Well… yeah,” she admitted. “But!”

“But?”

“We need to deal with Sunmi. And we have to finish our physics project.”

Taeyeon groaned. “Ahh, physics, not now!”

 

 

The next day Taeyeon and Tiffany were standing in front of the principal’s office, holding hands.

They looked at each other. “It this really the right thing to do?” Taeyeon asked.

Tiffany nodded. “Yes.” Taeyeon nodded as well and knocked on the door. Then Tiffany surprised her with a peck on her cheek. “Good luck, kid.”

Taeyeon blushed and the door opened. “Miss Kim. Miss Hwang. How can I help you?” the kindly looking man in his forties asked. He had always that sweet smile, like he wouldn’t hurt an ant. It was very strange how a nice guy like that could have such a fury for a daughter.

“Yes, actually. May we come in, it’s not a very pleasant matter.”

“Yes, sure, I have no work this early in the morning anyways. What is the matter? It’s your last week here,” he said as he invited them in and closed the door.

“Yes. And well, I know I could have lie about this and make you never find out about this, but I feel like you should know the truth,” Taeyeon said.

“What truth are you talking about?”

“It’s about Sunmi, Sir,” Tiffany said after a while, seeing Taeyeon couldn’t force herself to. “We have something to show you,” she added, taking her phone and finding the incriminating video. “Here you go.”

Mr. Lee took the phone and quietly watched the video in disbelieve. “What is it?”

“Sunmi has been bullying Taeyeon for a while, Mr. Lee. It got unbearable lately, so we decided to do something about it.”

“What do you want to do with it? I might lose my job, if this leaks!” the principal panicked.

“No, no, no!” Taeyeon quickly said, waving her hands. “We don’t want it to leak. We just shoot this so you would know what Sunmi does. We don’t want you punished, just Sunmi…”

“For how long has she been doing that?” he asked.

Taeyeon remained quiet, looking down. “I asked you a question!” he raised his voice, making Taeyeon take a step backwards.

“A year… or two…” she muttered then.

The principal turned around so his back was facing them, breathing heavily. “I’ll do anything so you would give me the video. Is this the only footage?” he asked, turning back.

“Yes,” Tiffany nodded.

“What can I do for you Ms. Kim to express my regret?” he asked.

“I just want justice, Sir,” Taeyeon said, shaking her head.

“I’ll… I’ll write you a recommendation letter for a university. You are smart, your marks are great, with a little recommendation letter, you could get a scholarship.”

Taeyeon’s eyes sparkled. Yes, she got accepted to the university, but she knew her mom would have hard time paying for it. A scholarship would definitely come in handy. “Yes Sir, I would really appreciate that,” Taeyeon said with a deep bow.

He just sighed. “I really am sorry. Is there something more I could possibly do for you?” he asked then.

Taeyeon shook her head, but Tiffany nudged her with her with elbow. Taeyeon gave her a confused look.

“Have you thought of something, Ms. Hwang?” Mr. Lee asked, as he noticed their interaction.

“Well, is it possible to exclude Jessica Jung and Kwon Yuri out of our final Physics project?” she asked. Taeyeon still looked very surprised.

The teacher chuckled. “I’ve heard about the duo a lot from your teacher. I think I could do it.”

“Okay, so promise?” Tiffany asked, as she pressed “Delete” on her iPhone. The only thing left to do was to confirm it.

The principal nodded. “It’s a deal.”

Tiffany smiled and confirmed deleting.

“Thank you, Sir,” Taeyeon smiled.

He nodded. “Go, before you are late for your lesson,” he said.

Taeyeon and Tiffany left his office. “Do you think he won’t break the deal?” Taeyeon asked.

“Yes, I think so, he’s a good guy and he seemed sincere when he promised all that stuff. Plus I lied to him, that was not the only footage, of course I made a copy.”

“Oh, you little…” Taeyeon chuckled. “And by the way… what’s up with Yuri and Jessica again?” she asked then, still confused with Tiffany’s weird request.

“You don’t know? Ay girl, then don’t you even get me started with that one… those two girls are so failing Physics. They wanted to invent a toy.”

“You can’t be serious!” Taeyeon laughed and Tiffany shrugged. She was in an exceptional mood. She just hoped everything will go well from now on. It just has to...

 


 

A/N: Deep apologies, for the late update. It was not because of BaekYeon, I had some personal issues (lost a job, got a new one, so yeah, a lot of paperwork and ). Trust me, Taeyeon dating (or not-dating) won't affect this FF at all, just like Tiffany dating (or not-dating) did. If anyone's interested, here's my rant (link)

Is this the end? Of course, it's not, hahaha, here's a little teaser for the next chapter!

 

“Doesn’t monogamy ring a bell?”
“…”
“How… just how… did you get accepted to an actual, real and not Hogwarts-online dot com university?”

 

Yes, the story will now focus on their college life. So look forward to that :) A lot more is going to happen.

Thanks for reading & commeting & subscribing & upvoting, I love you~~

See you soon~~~