Ch.20 - Same but Different

Just Another TaeNy Story

“Halo? Yuri?”

“Hey, Sica,” Yuri said into the phone. It took Jessica forever to answer.

“What is it?” Jessica asked, her voice a bit hoarse.

“Were you sleeping already? I’m sorry then.”

“No, no, I was reading. What is it?” she asked again.

“I think we should talk, I have something to tell you,” Yuri said. “Is there a chance you would meet with me before school at a café? We could have a breakfast.” There was a certain insecurity in Yuri’s voice. Not that she thought Jessica wouldn’t meet her, but she thought Jessica wouldn’t meet her if she had to get up earlier than usually. It was highly improbable to happen, but Yuri couldn’t wait any longer. She just had to make up with Jessica, she felt like she wasn’t herself without the annoying brat by her side. She sighed as she realized she’s in way too deep.

“Okay,” Jessica agreed, surprising the hell out of Yuri. Yuri brightly smiled as she couldn’t hold her excitement. ”8AM,” she said then.

“Okay, great!” Yuri cheered, all happy. “See you then!”

“… See you.”

 

 

 

Yuri was very surprised by Jessica. Not only she indeed arrived, but she actually arrived early. How unusual was that.

She must really miss me, Yuri thought as she grinned and joined her every-other-week girlfriend at the table.

“Hi, Sica,” she greeted.

“Hi,” Jessica smiled.

“How have you been?”

“Good. Bored. Sleepy. Usual,” Jessica just shrugged. “You?”

“Pretty much the same. I really miss you.”

Jessica slightly smiled. “I miss you too.”

“Look, I’m really so-“

“Can I have your orders?”

Yuri sighed. What a bad timing, what a bad timing… Nonetheless she smiled at the cute waitress and asked for a cup of coffee and a donut. Jessica did the same. The waitress wrote it down and walked away.

“I’m really sorry!” Yuri finished.

Jessica just shook her head. “No, you don’t have to be sorry.”

“I… don’t?”

“No, I made a mistake too, we should just forget it happened and be happy together, okay?”

Yuri frowned. She was thinking so hard her brain was almost burning. “O…kay… Why are you… so nice?” she asked then, taken aback by Jessica’s warm attitude. Something was very wrong with the ice princess. Very wrong.

“Do I need a reason? I am naturally nice,” Jessica smiled sweetly.

“You being nice at 8AM… that’s weird,” Yuri stated, all suspicious.

Jessica just chuckled and shook her head. “I am trying to become a better person. And this breakfast is my treat, okay? As a peace offering.”

Yuri couldn’t understand the situation at all. But she sure liked it. Being treated nicely by Jessica for a change, that could be interesting. “Okay then, thanks,” she agreed with a smile.

Jessica smiled back. “You’re welcome. I’m just really happy we are on good terms again.”

“Me too.”

 

 

 

“Something is very… very wrong,” Taeyeon told Tiffany, who was standing next to her in front of the university. They still had some time left before the first lesson, so they were enjoying the nice weather outside.

“What are you talking about?” Tiffany asked.

“Look,” Taeyeon pointed out a direction. Tiffany spotted a couple, holding hands and being all sweet with each other.

“Aww, they are so cute!” Tiffany melted.

“That’s the thing. Why are they cute? Since when do they hold hands? Why aren’t they all over each other, eating each other’s faces or whatever?” Taeyeon wondered.

“Just be happy, they are back together, will you? Remember all the hard time they were giving us while separate?” Tiffany reminded and Taeyeon had to acknowledge it.

“Maybe they started taking their relationship more seriously after the last fight,” Taeyeon said then.

“Hey guys,” Yuri greeted as she and Jessica caught up with them.

“Hey, Yuri. Jessica,” Taeyeon said with a nod, Tiffany and Jessica greeted as well. “I see you two got back together.”

“Yes, we did,” Yuri flashed a smile, seeming sincerely happy. Jessica was smiling happily too. Jessica. Smiling. Red alert!

Taeyeon chuckled, still a bit suspicious about the whole thing though. “I’m glad.”

“Yeah, we both are,” Tiffany smiled.

“And I am late for my first lesson,” Taeyeon said then as she checked the time. “I need to be there earlier, my singing teacher wants to discuss something with me.”

“Okay, bye honey,” Tiffany said and gave Taeyeon a kiss on her cheek.

“Well, aren’t they cute,” Taeyeon heard Jessica say before she left. Something was really wrong. Like… since when is Jessica friendly and not hostile and hell intimidating?

 

 

 

“Ah, Ms. Kim, you arrived just in time,” Ms. Jane Choi smiled and then looked at Mr. Oh in not so pretty way. Taeyeon looked at him and he wasn’t exactly ready for the lesson yet, he was actually finishing his breakfast and there were crumbs all over his shirt. Taeyeon suppressed a chuckle as he abruptly wiped it all off.

“Why… just… why…” Taeyeon heard Ms. Choi whisper. The poor lady looked really desperate about her colleague.

“I’m ready,” Mr. Oh smiled warmly. He was around ten years older than Jane Choi, probably in his early forties but actually a really adorable tiny guy. With a voice of a god.

“It was about time,” Ms. Choi said annoyed.

Mr. Oh just kept smiling cutely. “We got an interesting offer, Ms. Kim,” he said, making Taeyeon really curious.

“What is it?”

By then, even Ms. Choi was smiling widely. “SM Entertainment. They want you to audition. We sent them some of your records and they like you. They want to hear you live.”

Taeyeon slowly opened . “Are you serious? I could become a trainee? In SM? Dong Bang Shin Ki’s, Super Junior’s, BoA’s and So Nyeo Shi Dae’s company? That SM?” she said in a complete disbelieve.

Ms. Choi smiled. “Yes, exactly that SM. I hope you’re happy.”

“Of course I am!” Taeyeon exclaimed, totally excited. “I might actually become a famous singer!”

“It’s gonna be hard though,” Mr. Oh said. “You would be trained both here and in the company. Of course we would do some compromises, but you will have to continue on this university if you want to be a trainee.”

Taeyeon slowly nodded. “Of course, I understand, the university needs some credit for discovering me and studying here will help both sides, you and me.”

“Talented and smart, I like you, girl,” Ms. Choi smiled. “We knew you had a great potential, that’s why we sent the recommendation, trust me, we don’t usually send recommendation during the first week, but you… you have gold in your throat.”

Taeyeon grinned. “That’s really amazing, thank you a lot, Ms. Choi! Mr. Oh!” she thanked with a really deep bow.

“Good, now show me we didn’t waste a recommendation and let’s get into our lesson,” Ms. Choi ordered. “Mr. Oh, would you mind,” she said, looking at him and pointing at the piano.

“Not at all,” he said.

“We’re gonna start with this song today,” she said, handing Mr. Oh and Taeyeon music sheet and lyrics.

Taeyeon couldn’t help but grin. “Thank you again.”

Ms. Choi just nodded with a satisfied smile…

 

 

 

“Okay, what the hell is wrong with you two?” Tiffany whispered into Jessica’s ear during the lesson.

Jessica just looked at her, all confused. “Nothing is wrong with us. What should be wrong?”

“Apparently nothing’s wrong. That’s what’s wrong. I know you, your relationship should not be so lovey dovey. It never was. So what has changed?”

Jessica just slightly smiled. “I read this one book and it really helped me understand stuff. Now I know how to maintain a healthy relationship. Maybe you should read it too.”

“My relationship is healthy, thank you. Unlike yours at the moment. Seriously, Jessica. It shouldn’t be like that. Does Yuri know about the book?”

“No. And don’t you tell her, okay?” Jessica shot Tiffany a warning icy glance.

“O-okay,” Tiffany nodded. “Just… Be careful,” she said, and seeing Jessica gave no response, she just continued paying attention to the teacher.

 

 

 

“They want you to audition?! That’s great!”

Taeyeon just laughed. “Yeah. But don’t tell anybody. I feel like I should have told Tiffany first, I just kinda couldn’t help myself but tell you, since I accidentally ran into you,” she smiled at the shorter girl.

“Sure, of course, my lips are sealed,” Sunny nodded.

Taeyeon’s last lesson just ended that day and she was waiting for Tiffany outside the building. She knew Tiffany had thirty more minutes to go. What she didn’t know was the fact that Sunny’s lesson finished around the same time Taeyeon’s did. They just happened to meet outside and talked a bit.

“Okay, gotta go, I have a date with Sooyoung right after school, so bye, Taeng, and congrats, oh my god! You are the best!”

Sunny hugged Taeyeon tightly before leaving.

Just when she left, Tiffany arrived. There was literally like ten seconds between Sunny leaving and Tiffany arriving.

“Oh, hi, Fany,” Taeyeon smiled. “Class ended earlier?”

“Yep,” Tiffany smiled back and kissed Taeyeon’s cheek. Taeyeon didn’t notice anything, but Tiffany was a bit upset. Despite Taeyeon having explained everything to her earlier, she still couldn’t help it but feel a bit jealous every time Taeyeon and Sunny were touchy. Yes, she just saw them hug, but she decided to pretend like she didn’t. “How are you? What was your day like?”

“Great, actually!” Taeyeon cheered really enthusiastically.

“Wow, that’s some really explosive reaction, what happened?” Tiffany asked, laughing a bit. Seeing Taeyeon all kid-like made her feel amused.

“SM Entertainment, the SM Entertainment likes my singing and they want me to audition!” Taeyeon spilled immediately as she couldn’t hold it. It was hard enough not to hyperventilate during the lessons.

“Whoa! Really?! That’s amazing!” Tiffany breathed out.

“I know! I am really surprised and really happy.”

“I can see that, I am happy for you. We should celebrate. Wanna go somewhere fancy to eat? My treat,” Tiffany smiled.

Taeyeon shook her head. “I’d rather just grab something small to eat and then go over to your place if that’s okay with you. I want to celebrate by spending some time with you.”

Tiffany smiled. “Okay then. By the way, I have never heard you sing. Like really sing. I have heard you hum and sing in that dorky way of yours, but I have never heard you sing in all seriousness.”

Taeyeon chuckled. “Not true. You heard me singing some trot songs.”

Tiffany poked Taeyeon’s shoulder. “Hey! That doesn’t count, that was dorky!”

Taeyeon just kept laughing. “Okay, okay, I promise I will sing for you once.”

“Preferably more than once,” Tiffany noted.

“Okay, then more than once.”

 

 

 

“What if you become some super famous hallyu star and you will be too busy to be with me?” Tiffany asked as Taeyeon was lying on her bed and Tiffany at the top of her, her head in Taeyeon’s lap.

“That could never happen, trust me, I would still spend all of my free time with you, because I love you,” Taeyeon reassured and Tiffany’s hair.

Tiffany smiled as she looked into Taeyeon’s eyes. “Love you too.”

They were quiet for some time before Tiffany spoke up again. “So your audition is on Thursday, huh? That’s in like… two days. What song are you going to sing?”

Taeyeon shrugged. “I don’t know. Why don’t you help me pick one?”

Tiffany lifted herself up a bit. “Okay. First of all, don’t sing a trot, okay?”

Taeyeon tilted her head to the side. “I am not that dumb. Trot is awesome though.”

“Never said it wasn’t, but I think a k-pop ballad would suit you better.”

Taeyeon thought for a while. “Okay, so… Girls’ Generation’s leader just released this one soundtrack recently, have you been watching Beethoven Virus?”

“Nope,” Tiffany shook her head as she sat up on the bed.

Taeyeon did the same. “Uh… well… then I guess you don’t know the song, but okay…” she cleared and slowly started to sing.

 

“…You make me restless, you make me cry

Like a fool, like a child

I want to just laugh it off instead

 

The closer I get to you

Although I get more scared

I guess I cannot stop this love.”

 

Taeyeon was halfway the song when she noticed Tiffany had been crying a bit. She immediately stopped. “What happened?” she asked.

“The song is so sweet, but so sad and you know how these things make me feel, I cry while watching Twilight,” Tiffany sobbed. “And when it comes from you, that heavenly voice of yours… Kim Taeyeon, they would be so foolish if they didn’t recruit you,” she said, wiping her tears away. “Your voice could and will melt hearts.”

Taeyeon grinned adorably, so the little dimple on the side of her chin appeared, making her look like twelve years old. “Thank you, my baby girl princess,” she said and kissed Tiffany on the lips briefly, but lovingly.

Tiffany just shook her head. “How are you older than me, you’re such a kid… Baby girl princess, seriously, you’re so cute. Uh… wanna sleep over tonight?” she asked then, blushing a bit.

“Again? In your bed?” Taeyeon smirked.

“Jesus, you’re so y. ByunTaeyeon,” Tiffany snorted, but then nodded. “Yes, in my bed, it’s big enough so we can both comfortably sleep here, and as you said yourself just now, you already overslept once in my bed and it was fine.”

“Okay then,” Taeyeon shrugged. “Let me call my mom.”

“Okay, awesome,” Tiffany smiled as she positioned herself back onto Taeyeon’s lap.

Taeyeon then took her cellphone and dialed her mother’s number. She answered immediately.

“Hey, mom… Yes, I’m okay… Just calling to let you know I won’t be coming home tonight, so don’t worry, okay? … Uh, no, actually, I’m staying over at Tiffany’s. … No, mom. … No. Seriously. … Just… I am not having this conversation right now, okay? … Can we talk about this later, or even better - never? … Okay… I’m sorry.. Uh… Fine, okay… Bye, love you too.”

Taeyeon sighed as she ended the call.

“What’s wrong? What did she say?” Tiffany immediately asked.

“She thought I would be staying over at Yuri’s and when I said I wasn’t, she accused me of sleeping over at some boy’s place and wanted to give… uh… that lecture again. I think maybe I should tell her I’m dating you, she’d stop worrying about me getting pregnant at the very young age then.”

“Wait, I thought your mom knew you liked girls,” Tiffany frowned.

“Just because I was openly gay in school? Well, one thing is subtly telling her I might actually end up with a girl and the other is actually bringing home a girlfriend. She never knew about me and Hyoyeon.”

“Phew, well, I think we should maybe wait a little longer, but you have all of my support.”

Taeyeon frowned. “Why should we?”

Tiffany looked a bit confused for a second. “It’s a really big step…”

“Do you feel like this relationship is gonna end any time soon? Because I really love you and if you don’t feel the same-“

“No, of course not!” Tiffany interrupted Taeyeon quickly and she sat up again. “I kind of feel this relationship is the only thing stable in my life at this point. I mean… new school, my family is abroad, my best friend is being like really creepy… The only thing I know for sure right now is that I can go to you anytime with any problem, that you are always here for me. I just want to wait, because I am afraid of our parents’ reactions. They might be against us and give us hard time and I would really hate to lose this relationship, I can’t even imagine what I would do if we- if we actually broke up. And I want you to know, you can lean on me the same way I lean on you, okay? Okay?”

Taeyeon wasn’t answering for a while, just feeling happy and amused seeing Tiffany’s worried face. “You’re such a good girlfriend,” she said then and leaned in to kiss Tiffany on the lips.

Tiffany closed her eyes as she happily welcomed Taeyeon’s warm lips. To Tiffany’s surprise Taeyeon rested her hand firmly on the back Tiffany’s neck, letting her know she wouldn’t be letting her go anytime soon. Tiffany panicked a bit and managed to break the kiss.

“No, no, no, not yet, please,” Taeyeon whispered, not even opening her eyes. Tiffany felt Taeyeon’s breath tickle her lips and she them. She couldn’t help it but give in. She allowed Taeyeon to kiss her again deeply. She let Taeyeon take the lead, it was pretty much always Taeyeon who led anyways. She felt Taeyeon’s other hand on her lower back and she herself caressed Taeyeon’s cheeks. She never really knew what to do with her hands while kissing. Hands were like this awkward obstacle for her. She admired Taeyeon for knowing so well what to do with them.

And then there Taeyeon went again. She skillfully managed to lay Tiffany down on the bed and herself on the top. Tiffany immediately felt all of her blood rushing into her head. Panic mode on. Taeyeon broke the kiss, just so she could get some air and Tiffany wanted to quickly used the opportunity to talk. But… what to say?

She didn’t know.

“Taeyeon…” she breathed out, still blushing madly.

“What is it?” Taeyeon asked. Tiffany noticed Taeyeon looked kind of flushed herself.

Tiffany didn’t respond. She still couldn’t figure out the right words.

“Am I- Should I- Should I stop?” Taeyeon asked then, lifting herself off Tiffany a bit, but Tiffany hugged her around the waist, not allowing her to enlarge the distance anymore.

“No, just… let’s not go all the way yet, okay?” she said.

Taeyeon just smiled. “Don’t worry, I wasn’t even planning to.”

“You sure you weren’t? You’re the byuntae here after all,” Tiffany teased, obviously not so tense anymore.

“Yes, I am,” Taeyeon nodded. “I would never do anything you wouldn’t want, isn’t that clear?”

“Yeah, it is, of course it is, but…”

“But?”

“But kiss me.”

 


 

A/N: Pls don't kill meh. Hahaha, I know, short update, it's been forever and it's not even that good. But I've been damn busy, like really, I am moving across the country in 3 weeks & it's gonna be really difficult for me once I do. Completely alone in a new city, new school, to be honest, I am scared as :D But no worries, I am still working on this fic :) Please just bear with me a little longer :)

Next chapter:

“Uh, well, I am, I am in love with her.”
“But that’s a sin!”

Thanks for reading & commenting & subscribing & upvoting!!! Love you, Fluffies!

IMPORTANT (not really, but help me?): can somebody pls recommend me some good TaeNy/TaengSic/YulSic/JeTi fanfic? I am so desperate I am re-re-reading (yes, it's my 3rd time) Milk Moustache. I just feel like I've read all the good FFs already. Happy ends (that means completed) & good grammar only, thanks!!!