Ch.13 - Late & Sorry

Just Another TaeNy Story

NEARLY 2 YEARS AGO

“Your mom is pretty awful then.”

“Excuse me?!”

“Well, sorry, but she is, my mom would never steal my money.”

“She did not! She- ugh! Seriously! This is frustrating… She did not steal my money! I gave it to her, because she needed it to pay the bills oh my god! Are you really that dumb?”

“Well my mom would never take my own money, she actually respects me and she would never even ask me.”

“I can’t, I just can’t. I can’t handle it anymore with you!”

“You can’t handle it? What about me then?”

“You?! You can’t take it? You? You’re the one who’s selfish, self-centered, self-seeking, dishonest and… freaking Machiavellian here! I was always honest with you, I told you some of my darkest secrets, I trusted you!”

The two girls kept yelling at each other louder and louder in the infamous bathroom in the second floor.

Taeyeon dragged Yenny there so they could peacefully solve a fight they had had earlier. Instead the entire situation just exasperated. The whole thing escalated pretty quickly as they started to accuse each other of things they had or had not done.

“I’m done with you seriously. I have enough since you completely betrayed me when you told the teacher to give me worse mark just so you would look good in his eyes. What a friend you are,” Taeyeon spat.

“Whatever, at least I am not a ing dirty gay like yourself, with North Korean girlfriend, mother-thief, no friends and no money in the pocket.”

“Hey!”

That was quite unexpected for both of the girls.

“Seriously, you ing , I’ll beat you up!”

Taeyeon looked at the newcomer, surprised. She knew the girl, it was Yuri, they had a few classes together, but Taeyeon barely saw her as the girl never really went to school. She was the happy-go-lucky type, usually really easy-going and somehow managed to pass all the exams without studying anything. And she was openly gay.

“Huh?” Yenny looked quite surprised.

“I am not in a good mood, I was supposed to enjoy my time with a girl, she stood me up, so I’m grumpy. And seeing an idiot here, dissing gay people and other people’s parents… it is not making my mood any better. So get the out before I beat the crap out of you.”

Yenny just scoffed, before leaving the bathroom.

Taeyeon exhaled deeply, trying to calm herself down.

“You okay? Taeyeon, right?” Yuri asked.

Taeyeon nodded. “Yes.”

“Seriously, how rude was that, huh?” Yuri chucked. “I am sorry, I didn’t mean to eavesdrop, but I kind of couldn’t have missed your… conversation.”

“That’s okay,” Taeyeon sighed. “Just please don’t tell anybody.”

“Sure, no problem. Are you really okay?” Yuri asked, as she could see Taeyeon was still down.

Taeyeon just shrugged. “She was my only friend here.”

“Really? Well, she’s not worth being your friend, seriously. Don’t ever forgive her, she’s really mean. And don’t be sad! I’ll be your new friend!” Yuri suggested cheerfully.

Taeyeon looked at her doubtfully. “Like seriously?”

“Yes, of course! I need an ally, if you know what I mean. I’m getting tired of those supposedly bicurious chicks who are so into me and when I actually suggest doing something real, they chicken out,” Yuri ranted.

Taeyeon frowned. “Is that… a offer?”

Yuri’s eyes visibly sparkled. “Would you do it?”

“NO!” Taeyeon refused immediately and turned around to leave the bathroom.

“Okay! Fine fine! I’m sorry!” Yuri said, trying to stop her. “I still wanna be your friend, let’s be friends! Bros! Lesbian bros! Uh… lesbros!”

“Lesbros?” Taeyeon looked at the taller girl, thinking she might be actually crazy.

“Oh come on!” Yuri smiled and extended her hand. “Lesbros.”

Taeyeon sighed. “Okay then.” She accepted Yuri’s hand. “Let’s be… lesbros. Whatever the heck it means.”

“So… your girlfriend… is she really North Korean?”

 

 

Jessica sighed as she watched her childhood friend and actually best friend till the present day mindlessly staring into the desk, thinking about something. It was a lunch break and while everybody else went out to eat, the two girls stayed in the classroom, alone. It was usually Jessica who liked to space out or sleep during the classes but lately, it seemed like she switched the position with Tiffany.

“What is wrong, Tiff?” she asked when she couldn’t take it anymore. “You seem really sulky lately, I’m a bit worried.”

Tiffany just shook her head. “I’m having certain… doubts,” she said.

“What doubts?” Jessica frowned.

“I’ve been having this weird feeling something is wrong for quite a long time already and I think it’s already a sure thing, but I’m still hoping…” Tiffany said.

“This is too vague, Tiffany, please, tell me what exactly is going on?”

Tiffany bit her lower lip and looked at her best friend. “I think I might be into… girls,” she breathed out before quickly breaking the eye contact, feeling humiliated.

“Are you sure?” Jessica asked, quite surprised.

Tiffany shrugged. “Pretty much, yeah… But I’m still hoping… I don’t want to be… you know… gay,” she said the last word almost inaudibly.

“There’s nothing wrong with it,” Jessica said, trying to console her a bit.

Tiffany glared her. “There is everything wrong with it. What will daddy think of me once he finds out?”

“He will surely still love you,” Jessica said. “You’re his youngest daughter after all.”

Tiffany just shook her head, wiping the tears that were slowly forming in her eyes. “I really hate this… no one can ever know… maybe… maybe there is still a guy waiting for me. Even though I… I personally can’t imagine even kissing a guy. It’s always a girl in my mind. Always.”

Jessica hugged her friend as she was a bit lost at words. She had no idea what she could possibly say to make the poor girl feel a bit better. “It’s gonna be okay,” she whispered. They stayed like that for quite a while when people started to return to the classroom as they were done with their lunch.

Two girls entered, looking at Tiffany, whispering something.

“Hey, don’t gossip!” Jessica yelled at them in quite a scary way.

The two girls immediately stopped.

“It’s not a gossip if it’s true,” another girl said. It was Yubin.

“What is true?” Jessica asked as Tiffany seemed to be spacing out once again.

“That your friend over there is dating two boys at the same time,” Yubin answered. “And god knows if it’s only just the two of them.”

“What?” Jessica barked as she quickly stood up from her chair.

“Somebody saw her yesterday on a date with a guy. And the day before too! But another one!” Yubin yelled, laughing. “She’s a freaking two-timer!”

“What the hell?!” Jessica was really surprised by the unexpected turn of events.

“It’s true,” Tiffany suddenly said as she stood up as well. By then a circle of people was formed around.

“What are you talking about?” Jessica mumbled.

“I’m dating many guys. They know very well I’m not seeing just them and they don’t care. Don’t be envious everybody wants to date me and not you,” Tiffany told Yubin calmly.

Yubin frowned. “,” she mumbled as she walked away.

“What more do you want to hear?” Tiffany asked the circle of people, annoyed. They just shrugged and went on gossiping, slowly starting to ignore Tiffany’s presence. They had just another topic to discuss.

Tiffany sat back down, listening to their conversations.

“Do you think she slept with Chansung?”

“No way! I think she’s the girl Seulong slept with though.”

“Oh god, she must be the mysterious girl Daesung was talking about last time! Remember? He wouldn’t say her name!”

Tiffany had to laugh a bit.

“What did you do? And why?” Jessica wondered. “What exactly just happened?”

“They are so stupid…” Tiffany mumbled. “They saw me with my cousin and my brother. And they think they are my boyfriends… Let them think so,” she shrugged with a smile. “Now I can be sure they won’t ever question my uality.”

“That’s… a very stupid plan, Tiffany,” Jessica said.

“I know. But they seem to be buying it all. So… let’s see how long it will take them to figure it all out.”

Jessica looked around the room, sighing at the sight of their gossiping classmates. “They are stupid and very shallow. They will never figure out,” she admitted.

“You see…”

 

 

PRESENT DAY

Little did Jessica know back than she herself would one day start to question herself in the same way Tiffany did. Oh wait… she was sitting on a desk, a girl on her lap, kissing her neck. That probably is more like a fact than questioning.

Yuri was being very principled. She said she didn’t kiss on lips and she acted like it. And it didn’t even feel weird, it was really obvious it was something Yuri was used to doing. Jessica just had her eyes closed, enjoying the whole thing and just breathing quietly. Yuri got a bit more passionate about the entire make out session and slid her hands under Jessica’s shirt on her lower back and then on her stomach.

“God, Yuri,” Jessica uttered, tilting her head as Yuri kissed her collar bone.

Yuri gently pushed Jessica on the table.

*BEEP*

“Ouch!”

“Oh, damnit, sorry.”

“What is going on there? What is the noise?”

“N-nothing Mr. Park,” Jessica stuttered quickly. “Ouch…” she mumbled then, sitting back up, rubbing her injured back.

“We accidentally pressed the button, everything’s fine,” Yuri reassured the teacher.

The girls forgot about the speaker on the desk and Jessica accidentally lied on it, pressing the damn button.

“I hope you are done, because I am already packing my stuff and I am about to leave. I will come and check your work in three minutes. Unless you solved correctly at least eighteen problems, we will repeat this little detention on Monday.”

After saying that, the speaker beeped again and the room fell into a complete silence for a minute. Then Yuri and Jessica looked at each other. Seeing Jessica’s pink cheeks, Yuri couldn’t help but laugh and she was soon joined by Jessica.

“Ahahahahah, seriously, that was funny,” Yuri said, still laughing.

“Imagine what would happen if he walked into the classroom.”

“I can imagine his face, it would be so funny! We would be expelled, but still, oh my god, hahaha.”

*Click click*

“What is so funny?” the teacher asked as soon as he unlocked the door and entered the room. “I hope you have solved the problems.”

“We have nineteen out of the twenty,” Jessica smiled sweetly, handing him the paper sheet.

“Fix your shirt, Jessica, why are two of your buttons ed?”

“Oh,” Jessica quickly looked down to see the teacher was right. “I-I was hot.”

“You still are,” Yuri whispered into her ear almost inaudibly, so only Jessica could hear it. The latter blushed when she felt Yuri’s hot breath on her earlobe, even though she tried hard not to. She just couldn’t stop it.

The teacher was already immersed into checking the answers. He was frowning, which wasn’t exactly a good sign, but at least his expression wasn’t getting any worse. He kept muttering some mathematics to himself.

“You got…” he looked at, staring at the two girls who were looking at him with polite and innocent smiled. “You are so lucky, seriously,” he sighed then. Their smiled immediately grew bigger. “You got eighteen out of the twenty correctly. There will be a test next lesson, so prepare well,” he said, returning Jessica the paper. “Now get out of the building.”

The girls didn’t need to be told twice as they both immediately took their backpacks and ran out of the room.

“You are such a genius!” Yuri cheered and squeezed Jessica in a tight hug from the side on their way.

“Ugh, gosh, let me go,” Jessica tried to push Yuri away, but laughed as she was also in a good mood. Yuri let go only after kissing Jessica’s cheek.

“You saved us.”

“Nah… we both did well, you corrected two of my mistakes, remember?”

“True,” Yuri grinned.

“Okay… so you’re going home?” Jessica asked and Yuri nodded.

“Yes, I’ll walk, the weather is nice, I really like it when it’s snowing.”

“Me too!” Jessica nodded enthusiastically.

Yuri laughed. “This is funny. So unusual seeing you this… hyper,” she pointed out.

Jessica just awkwardly coughed.

“Sorry,” Yuri said.

“That’s fine,” Jessica answered, suddenly being a bit distant.

“Tell me something really personal,” Yuri said then, when they exited the school building.

“Huh?” Jessica looked at Yuri, surprised by the question. “Like what?”

“Doesn’t matter, simply something.”

“Okay then… Well… uhm… I… I have a sister.”

“That’s not very personal,” Yuri frowned. “Something more interesting. I told you about that kissing stuff, so you should tell me something like that too.”

“Okay then…” Jessica was quiet for a moment, thinking. “I am scared of cucumbers,” she said then.

“You are scared of what?!” Yuri stopped walking, looking at Jessica, confused.

“Cucumbers. Please don’t laugh,” she added then, seeing Yuri was about to crack up. “It’s not funny. They are really really scary.”

“O-okay. Do you think they will strangle you in your sleep or something?” Yuri said jokingly, holding her laughter hard.

Jessica’s face darkened. “No, of course not. But they are just so disgusting and it smells so bad it makes me wanna throw up.”

“Cucumbers smell?” Yuri questioned.

“Yes, of course they do.”

Yuri chuckled. “Interesting. Now I know how to tease you.” They slowly started to walk again.

“Then we are even I guess,” Jessica shrugged.

“What do you mean by that?” Yuri asked, puzzled. “I am not scared of vegetables.”

“Yeah, but if I wanna piss you off, all I have to do is kiss you,” Jessica said, sticking her tongue out childishly.

Yuri laughed. “Yeah, sure.”

“So you are saying it wouldn’t piss you off?” Jessica raised her eyebrows.

“Exactly.”

“Let’s see then.”

“Wha-“

Jessica grabbed Yuri’s forearm to stop her from walking and when Yuri looked her to see what she was doing, she kissed her. It was really quick, Jessica pulled away sooner than Yuri even realized what was happening.

“Now tell me you aren’t pissed,” Jessica smirked.

“Hey! You! I hate you!” Yuri whined, wiping her lips. “That was a very rude thing to do. I would like to feed you with some cucumbers at the moment, but I am not going to lower myself at your level.”

Jessica chuckled.

“Okay. Sorry. I admit, that wasn’t very nice of me.”

“Thank you,” Yuri said grumpily.

“Don’t forget you are supposed to make me fall for you. You won’t be able to do this like this… Remember? The challenge?” Jessica reminded.

Yuri sighed. “Gosh, sure… I remember… Just wait… Just wait,” she smirked then. “By the way, what are we now? Enemies with benefits?”

Jessica pouted. “You consider me your enemy?”

“Well… I have always hated you. And haven’t you always hated me?”

“True. But we are on the same boat now.”

“Oh, and what boat is it? A gay boat?”

“… Yes,” Jessica nodded after a moment, making Yuri laugh.

“So we are like friends now?”

“… Yes,” Jessica nodded again.

“Okay. I will walk you home then, my friend.”

 

 

Taeyeon was damn scared to go to school on Monday. Well, actually, she had to go to Sunmi’s house, because the princess couldn’t carry her own bag. She could barely sleep on Sunday, she felt like throwing up even though she hadn’t eaten anything at all.

She was awake, staring into the ceiling the entire night. She was scared Sunmi would hurt her, like physically. She was not the type which would hesitate before kicking somebody’s head a few time. Especially if the somebody is Taeyeon, the little dirty dyke.

Taeyeon bitterly laughed as she got up from her bed. She was trying so hard to obey Sunmi so she wouldn’t have to switch the school just a few weeks before its end and suddenly, switching schools sounded much better than facing Sunmi’s wrath. And… Tiffany’s. Taeyeon laughed once again, this time almost hysterically. The situation seemed really bad for her.

Twenty minutes before she actually needed, she got out of the house and slowly started to walk towards Sunmi’s house.

She was almost ten minutes early, but Sunmi appeared soon.

“Hope you have my homework, you little brat,” she said, immediately throwing her bag to Taeyeon.

Taeyeon barely caught it, it was really heavy.

“Do you?” Sunmi asked. “And be careful with the bag, my laptop’s inside.”

Taeyeon just nodded. “Answer!” Sunmi ordered.

“Yes, I do. And I will be careful,” Taeyeon mumbled. She spent five hours trying to figure the assignment out. Eventually she just joined some group of crazy mathematics on Facebook and asked them for help. They were surprisingly actually more than willing to help her out, so Taeyeon managed to do the homework. That made her smile a bit, but soon her smile disappeared.

“You- you want to walk to school?” Taeyeon asked.

Sunmi just nodded. “Yes. Obviously.”

“B-but you have a car and a personal driver,” Taeyeon said. “It is gonna take like an hour if we walk. And it’s quite cold.”

“Around forty-five minutes if you stopped whining and walked faster,” Sunmi said.

Taeyeon gritted her teeth. She was pretty sure Sunmi is doing this to torture her. She has to carry two bags, both being damn heavy, and she has to walk.

Her breathing kept getting heavier and heavier. Her back and neck were hurting like crazy. Sunmi stopped by at a shop and bought a cup of coffee. Taeyeon was worried Sunmi will tell her to carry the hot plastic cup, but luckily, Sunmi decided to carry it herself. Taeyeon felt relieved, there was no way she could carry around a cup of hot coffee and not spill it all over herself.

They arrived to the school a few minutes after the first lesson started. Taeyeon’s first lesson on Mondays was English and the teacher was really cool, she didn’t mind that much if somebody arrived late. Luckily.

“Carry my bag to my class and then you can leave.”

Taeyeon gritted her teeth. Sunmi had a different lesson in a different classroom, on the other side of the school. Plus Taeyeon was pretty sure she would get humiliated if she entered the classroom, carrying Sunmi’s bag like a slave. Taeyeon was sweating madly after walking up the stairs to the correct classroom.

The teacher was obviously late, still not there, so Sunmi gestured Taeyeon to go to the classroom and put the bag on her desk.

Taeyeon entered, absolutely breathless due to the stairs, soaking wet from her own sweat, and put the bag down on the desk Sunmi told her to.

“Buy me some yummy snack during the next break and I’ll meet you in front of this classroom,” Sunmi smiled sweetly and Taeyeon frowned. She could do nothing but nod.

Then she turned around to leave, but her eyes spotted somebody familiar. And that person was watching her. Tiffany. Taeyeon gulped as their eyes met. She stood on the spot for a few seconds, trying to read Tiffany’s expression. It turned out to be a really hard thing to do. Taeyeon expected Tiffany to be angry, raging or at least upset. She expected Tiffany would refuse to even look at her, to despise her. But to Taeyeon’s surprise, there was no hatred in her eyes. But there was something. Taeyeon thought she could see a hint of sadness, but most importantly, she saw a huge disappointment. Taeyeon smiled apologetically, but Tiffany’s expression remained unchanged. Then she looked away. Taeyeon just sighed.

“What are you still doing here? I don’t need you anymore,” Sunmi said and pushed Taeyeon’s shoulder, causing the poor girl to lose her balance and almost fall on the floor.

“I’m sorry,” Taeyeon mumbled and bowed her head before hurriedly leaving the classroom. She’s already late for her own lesson, she really should go. After seeing Tiffany’s sad and disappointed look, she felt like crying. Suddenly the pain of her back was nothing. It was her chest that started to hurt.

She blinked a few times to hold the tears. I’m sorry, Tiffany.

 


 

A/N: Hello guys! Finally back with an update! :) I know it took me forever, but I'm in the middle of my high school finals and university entrance exams, I need to study a lot, everything is totally crazy atm, I keep travelling across the country (thank god Czech Republic is so small) and my tooth is aching. Unfortunatelly I can't go to the dentist's until like Wednesday because I have the finals. :/// So I'm high on pills and doing suspiciously well. :D

But don't worry, I keep writing and I will still keep updating more or less regularly :)

There will be a little Tiffany's POV in the next chapter and also... a new character!!
Just a little teaser:

“Glad you are happy to see me.”
“Of course I am! I thought you got deported back to North Korea!”

Anyways, thanks for reading & commenting & subscribing! :) Love you all~~