Ch.16 - Can I Cucumber You To Death?

Just Another TaeNy Story

It was Sunday early morning, the weather was great - actually it was too great for Kim Hyoyeon to miss her beloved morning jogging.

She put on her jogging pants and hoodie, she took her iPod and headed towards the nearest park right next to the dormitory she was staying at. It was a nice quiet park, nobody was really around. Hyoyeon thought she could run for at least thirty minutes before returning back to the dorm. She had to meet with the head of the university for an interview that afternoon. She was sure she will get accepted, but knew jogging will make her feel better and less nervous. She just needs to pass a test or two in the upcoming week before she will one hundred percent know if she got accepted or not. With her dancing skills, she got like 99 percent probability she is already accepted, but don't count your chickens before they are hatched, right?

Suddenly her iPod started to make weird sounds. She stopped to take a look at it. She pouted as she realized the earphones are probably about to stop working soon. She took them out of her ears and started to put it into her pocket. While doing so, she noticed a little white ball of fur jumping around.

“Oh hi, are you alone, buddy?” Hyoyeon asked the puppy cutely.

A cute chuckle echoed. “Finally you stopped running,” a girl said.

Hyoyeon looked up in surprise and confusion. She spotted a girl around her age, absolutely beautiful, long shiny hair, adorable smile, big eyes. And a leash in her hand.

“Excuse me?” she wondered.

“Please don’t be freaked out,” the girl quickly said. “I’m not weird or anything. But I walk my dog here every morning and I noticed you and recognized you. It’s a pure coincidence, I swear, I did not stalk you or anything. I need to talk to you.”

“Who the hell are you?”

 “Oh, sorry,” the girl slightly blushed. “I’m Tiffany, Taeyeon’s friend, maybe she mentioned me.”

Hyoyeon remembered almost immediately. “Oh god, that’s you! Wow, you are gorgeous, no wonder Taeyeon’s crazy about you.”

Tiffany blushed even harder.

“But I heard she pissed you off and you are no longer friends. What a pity, but good for me, I guess,” Hyoyeon smirked, deciding to test the poor girl a bit.

“We are friends!” Tiffany immediately said. “We settled things down two days ago.”

“Okay okay, I was just kidding, don’t be jealous, we already broke up a long time ago,” Hyoyeon teased a little more.

“You two dated?” Tiffany asked with her expression dark.

“Yes,” Hyoyeon nodded. “But seriously, I don’t love her and she doesn’t love me, so keep calm.” Hyoyeon couldn’t help but feel amused about Tiffany’s reaction. Her face was very funny. “Anyways, what do you need from me?”

“Can we sit down for a moment?” Tiffany suggested, pointing at a bench nearby.

Hyoyeon just nodded and went towards the place. Tiffany took Prince into her hands and carried him towards the bench as well.

“Okay, so?” Hyoyeon flashed a smile as they were both finally comfortable.

“Did Taeyeon tell you about the… so called bet?” Tiffany asked. When Hyoyeon seemed confused, she just continued. “How she was supposed to seduce me, because Lee Sunmi had forced her to do so, because they thought I had slept with her boyfriend, but in fact I hadn’t and while doing all of this Taeyeon supposedly fell in love with me,” Tiffany explained, irritated just by saying those things aloud. She would like to forget it all.

“Oh that. Yes. She didn’t mention a bet though,” Hyoyeon said.                                          

Tiffany slowly nodded. “I thought she said this lie to everybody. Apparently she didn’t, good. Because she really was forced. And now she is bullied. A lot. I hate it.”

“Bullied? A lot?” Hyoyeon repeated.

Tiffany swiftly nodded. “Yes. And…” she took a deep breath. “I want it to stop, because… because… whatever.”

“Because you are in love with her,” Hyoyeon finished. Tiffany looked at her, shocked so much she allowed Prince to leave her arms and actually jump on the ground. “And you know it, so don’t deny it. You’re obvious. The only person who doesn’t see it is probably Taeyeon herself.”

“Are you always this direct?” Tiffany asked after a few seconds of weird silence. She was blushing.

“Yes, I am,” Hyoyeon confirmed with no emotions in her voice

“Good…” Tiffany mumbled.

“Okay, so what do you need?” Hyoyeon asked a bit impatiently as Tiffany was clearly unable to express herself and Hyoyeon felt like her jogging time is going wasted.

“Help me save her,” Tiffany breathed out. “I want to stop Sunmi, I need to, before she completely ruins Taeyeon. And I need help. Unfortunately my one and only friend is too busy ing Kwon Yuri – you’ve heard of her? She’s Taeyeon’s friend – and won’t help me. Plus I figured out it would be better to ask Taeyeon’s friends. But I don’t know any apart of Yuri and well… that’s pretty much it. I know about you and- and Taeyeon’s cousin and some friend from Daegu. But I didn’t know how to contact any of you.”

Hyoyeon smirked. “You got really lucky meeting me here,” she stated and Tiffany could only nod once. “Mhm, I guess I could beat Sunmi up,” Hyoyeon suggested.

Tiffany frowned. “Not sure if good idea, she’s a daughter of a powerful man.”

“Okay, then not, I have a scholarship to get, I can’t get into that kind of trouble,” Hyoyeon said calmly.

“Do you know some of these Taeyeon’s friends? Can you tell somebody else? Or will you figure something out?” Tiffany kept asking.

“Slow down,” Hyoyeon said. “I will figure something out, of course. I am Kim Hyoyeon from Pyongyang for God’s sake. Of course I’ll figure something out. So don’t freak out and stay calm.”

“Did you just say… Pyongyang? Like… the North Korean Pyongyang?” Tiffany asked, surprised.

Hyoyeon sighed. “How typical of Taeyeon… She hasn’t told you much about me, has she?”

 

 

“So how is it going? Still trying hard not to kiss Jessica?” Taeyeon laughed into the phone. Yuri called her quite early on Sunday, which was quite surprising.

“How do you know?” Yuri frowned.

“I don’t, I just guessed,” Taeyeon chuckled.

“Okay, so… let me tell you… that girl is really something. I always thought she was a pillow princess. Well, I was so so wrong. She’s damn passionate. And hot. And… oh damn… I just can’t, I can’t, Kim Taeyeon. One would say she wouldn’t have that much energy seeing she keeps sleeping at school, but when she-“

“Stop stop stop, too many information. Let me get this straight. You slept with her, correct?”

“… Yes. A few times in the past two nights. Honestly I don’t think I can even count how many times I actually c-”

“Oh dear god, okay, please stop!” Taeyeon quickly interrupted. “Let’s move on. You liked it, obviously, correct? Just say yes or no, no additional information please.”

Yuri groaned a bit, but then she obeyed. “Yes.”

“And you haven’t kissed her on the lips.”

“Yes.” Taeyeon could totally imagine Yuri’s victorious smile just by the tone of her voice.

“And you… don’t want to?”

“…”

“Yuri?”

“I don’t know.”

“You don’t know?”

“I-I think I maybe like her, Taeng,” Yuri admitted quietly.

“Okay, now that’s unexpected. Never heard you say this about anybody. Really. I think you really might like her.”

Yuri audibly sighed. “This is bad, Taeng. This is bad.”

“Why is that so?” Taeyeon asked, confused. “Unless she didn’t feel the same way, which I highly doubt since she was willing to have with you repeatedly with that stupid rule of yours.”

“It’s not a stupid rule.”

“Okay, whatever, weirdo. If you ever wanted to confess to her, just go and kiss her properly, she will get the message,” Taeyeon said.

“I can’t just walk to her and suddenly kiss her!” Yuri defended.

“You can’t? Why? Of course you can,” Taeyeon said, rolling her eyes.

There was another long silence at the other side of the phone call, so Taeyeon just lied on her bed comfortably, waiting for some really smart reply Yuri didn’t seem to be able think of.

“You are right,” she said then, surprising Taeyeon a bit.

“I am?”

“Yes. Why can’t I? Of course I can. Thanks, Taeng. Bye.”

“Yu-Yuri, wai-!”

*Beep beep*

Taeyeon sighed as Yuri hung up on her. “Kids,” she mumbled.

 

 

“That’s very… Veronica Mars-ish. And I don’t think blackmailing her is such a good thing to do,” Tiffany said.

After Hyoyeon excused herself that morning, saying she has an important meeting, the two girls agreed on meeting once again that day, in a café. So there they were, sipping their drinks, talking about plans. Apparently Hyoyeon had been talking about it a lot and the only thing she came up with was to let Sunmi taste her own medicine.

“I agree, blackmailing her is not enough,” Hyoyeon nodded.

“What?! No, I meant-… I- Ugh… I didn’t mean doing something even worse!“ Tiffany quickly said.

“Well, sorry, but if she really did everything you told me about, then she deserves no mercy. Let’s film her bullying Taeyeon and then go directly to her dad, telling him that it will go public unless it stops,” Hyoyeon smiled.

“Yeah, okay, sure. So instead of blackmailing Sunmi we’re gonna blackmail her dad. Because that’s much smarter.”

“Exactly!” Hyoyeon said a little bit too excitedly. “Plus it’s very easy to do. You yourself said Sunmi was not very discreet with the whole thing. We just need to tell Taeyeon to say no to her once. I bet Sunmi will lose her temper and that’s gonna make a good material to film.”

“Uh, no offence to Taeyeon, but I don’t think she’s that strong to tell Sunmi no. I’ve already had a chance to witness that,” Tiffany argued.

Hyoyeon sighed. “I’ll talk to her. And you get a camera.”

“I have iPhone, isn’t that enough?”

“Ah, forgot, rich kids,” Hyoyeon mumbled.

“Excuse me?” Tiffany said.

“Nothing, nothing, sorry. IPhone is good. I can’t just enter your school with no reason, so you will have to do the job. Simply stalk them and have your phone ready.”

“Okay… I’ll see what I can do. Make sure Taeyeon says no, okay?”

“Okay.”

“It was very nice to meet you,” Tiffany smiled.

Hyoyeon did as well. “It was nice to meet you too.”

 

 

“Jeeeessiiiicaaaaa! Jeeeeeessiiiiiicaaaaaaaaa!”

“Unnie, whoever she is, she is very persistent and I think you should go to her or at least tell her to go away,” a twelve years old girl said, peeking out of the window.

“No, baby sis, I won’t do anything until that tard realizes we actually have a doorbell,” Jessica yawned and flipped a page of the book she had been reading. She was lying on her bed in a comfortable clothes and with glasses on her nose.

“It kind of annoys me,” Krystal pouted.

“Me too, me too…” Jessica sighed.

“Jessicaaaaaa!!! I know you’re hoooome!”

Jessica rubbed her forehead. “I can’t, I just can’t, she’s so stupid,” she groaned.

“I need to talk to youuuu!!”

“I think we already figured that out,” Krystal said.

Then another sound echoed. Weird quiet tinkling. “Is she…?” Jessica looked up from her book at the window.

“…throwing pebbles,” Krystal finished.

“God, I really need to stop her, she could damage the glass,” Jessica said, slowly putting her book aside and taking off her glasses and then walking towards the window, opening it.

“Finally!” Yuri cheered.

Jessica looked at her and if looks could kill… “We have a ing doorbell you ing idiotic retard!” Jessica yelled at her angrily.

Yuri flashed an apologetic smile. “I was afraid your parents would open the door.”

Jessica let out another groan and looked at the frame of the window. Maybe if she hit her head hard enough it would kill her. She preferred this to dealing with that , a simple facepalm just wasn’t enough for this.

“So you spent twenty minutes standing in front of our house yelling my name because that would surely bring less attention to you, correct? Does that make any sense to you? FYI, my parents aren’t home, but you disturbed my little sister,” Jessica answered.

“Sorry, you know me and thinking aren’t really friends. But I really need to talk to you.”

“Okay, so talk.”

“How old is your sister?”

“Twelve, why?”

“Oh, well, I would prefer talking to you in private,” Yuri said, scratching her head.

That caught Krystal’s attention. “What is it that I can’t hear? Some nineteen plus stuff? Unnie? Should I remind you, you are still eighteen?” Krystal immediately started to ask.

Jessica gave Krystal her infamous ice princess stare, making the younger girl shiver. “Yes. Could you please go downstairs, open the door for my friend and then go back to your room?” Even though the sentence itself was a polite request, Krystal wouldn’t dare to refuse. Her sister could be scary at times. Well, not that the younger Jung wasn’t on her best way to become ice princess no.2. Oh she was. But she still had a lot to learn from Jessica.

Soon Yuri was standing at the door of Jessica’s room.

“Come inside and close the door,” Jessica said.

Yuri did as she was told and watched Jessica turn her lap top on. She cleared . “So, I came here beca-“

“Wait,” Jessica stopped her. She some music at medium volume and then put the lap top on the table next to the door.

“What are you doing?” Yuri asked confused.

“My sister’s ear is pressed against the door at the moment, this is to prevent her from eavesdropping,” Jessica said.

“That’s smart,” Yuri nodded. “Old BoA music? Good taste,” she said then after a few moment of silence.

Jessica just looked at her blankly. “What did you wanna tell me?”

“Uh…” Yuri shyly smiled and scratched her head.

“Well?”

“What if I told you I brought a cucumber?” she said eventually. Only then Jessica noticed it seemed like Yuri was hiding something behind her back.

She automatically took several steps backwards. “I would kiss you to death!” she said then quickly.

“I have a cucumber!” Yuri said with a smile and took out a green object.

“EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKK!!!! Go away!!!!!!!”

“STOP STOP! I was just kidding!!!!” Yuri quickly yelled, covering her ears. ”It’s not real! It’s a plush toy!”

Jessica kept screaming at the top of her lungs and Yuri kept yelling at her to stop until the door opened.

“Unnie!” Krystal shrieked, catching their attention. “What happened? Should I call mom and dad?”

Jessica breathlessly shook her head. Her face was pale and her eyes widened.

“You were ing kidding?” she asked Yuri. “It’s not real?”

“Yes,” Yuri said, showing the toy to Jessica so she could see it indeed was just a plush. Jessica kept her distance, looking at it.

“YOU!” she yelled then at the prankster. Then she looked at her younger sister. “Soojung, go back to your room. Close the door!”

Krystal obeyed, but seeing her expression, Yuri was pretty sure she would stay just behind the door in case she could hear something interesting.

Jessica seemed pretty furious. Yuri thought that maybe, just maybe she crossed the line.

“You ed up idiot!” Jessica yelled once again, hitting Yuri’s shoulders a few times.

“I’m sorry, that was evil of me,” Yuri said apologetically. “Will you accept this as an apology gift?” she asked then with an innocent smile, giving Jessica the cucumber.

Jessica frowned. “You will continue teasing me forever, won’t you?” she said, pushing Yuri’s hand with cucumber away. Not a chance in hell she would accept such a… gift.

Yuri grinned as she nodded. “You won’t punish me, will you?”

“I won’t,” Jessica mumbled.

“You won’t?” Yuri couldn’t help it but sound disappointed. Jessica didn’t miss it.

“I don’t understand you, Kwon Yuri, why did you come here?” Jessica started to doubt Yuri’s sanity.

Yuri put her hand into her pocket. She flashed a shy smile before suddenly falling down on one knee extending her hand holding something towards Jessica and hanging her head low.

“Jessica Jung, I like you. Please accept this ring and by my girlfriend!” she breathed out really quickly, completely flabbergasting the other girl.

Jessica was staring at her, mouth agape, confused and surprised.

Yuri then, hearing no reply, slowly looked up at her.

“Well?” she asked hesitatingly.

“It’s… a candy,” Jessica said eventually, pointing at the ring in Yuri’s hands.

“Yeah, sorry about that, but this was quite a spontaneous idea. I bought it on my way here in a department store,” Yuri explained. “But I am very serious! I mean… I somehow realized I liked you. I don’t know when exactly it happened, but you make me feel… stuff. Unusual stuff.”

“Okay…” Jessica slowly said and then she went silent again.

“So? Will you be my girlfriend, Jessica Jung?” Yuri repeated her question.

Jessica looked at her and she had to admit Yuri really seemed to be sincere. She chuckled. It was all so absurd. Just a few weeks ago, they totally hated each other.

“Well, will you kiss me on the lips if I say yes?” Jessica asked teasingly.

“Yes, I will,” Yuri replied in all seriousness, kind of startling Jessica. The older girl could never imagine Yuri being so serious. It was very new to her.

“Okay, then yes,” Jessica nodded and took the ring away from Yuri. Yuri let out a victorious squeal as she stood back up on her feet. Then she put her hand around Jessica’s waist and pecked her lips.

“That’s so great!”

“I did it only for the candy though,” Jessica answered and took a of her lollipop ring.

“Let me taste it,” Yuri said.

“No no, it’s mine,” Jessica answered, shaking her head like a kid and then taking a few more .

“Okay, then I’ll have to taste it another way.”

“What way?”

“Oh, well…” With that Yuri kissed Jessica on the lips…

 


 

A/N: Hey there, so I am dinally back and I am pretty much done with all my school stuff finally! At least for some time, hopefully for two months before I will have to start dealing with university :) So I will be finally able to pay more attention to this fanfic.

This chapter feels kinda short... sorry about that :D

The next chapter will be like... the last one on high school :) And don't worry, I did not forget about YoonHyun, they will make appearance... sometime, lol :D Don't know when, but I am thinking about them, okay?

But thanks for reading & subscribing & upvoting & of course my favorite - commenting, love you all! :)

Teaser:

“Are you trying to tell me you just risked getting your kicked with stiletto shoes today because you hate Taeyeon to death?”