Ch.12 - One Thing Ends, Another Begins

Just Another TaeNy Story

“You can talk now.”

And Taeyeon couldn’t. She slowly turned around and looked into Tiffany’s eyes before breaking the eye contact basically immediately. She was shaking a bit.

“Well, you better hurry up, the break is not that long, you know. I have a History lesson in ten minutes.”

“This might be the last time you are ever going to talk to me, so I am sorry for it taking a bit long, I feel really, really bad about it,” Taeyeon said.

Tiffany frowned a bit. “What is it?” she asked, obviously confused.

Taeyeon let out a quiet bitter laugh before slowly starting. “First of all… because I know you won’t listen or you won’t believe me later… I really like you, Tiffany. I’m pretty much having a little crush on you. Maybe I am even falling for you, I don’t know,” she shrugged.

Tiffany seemed really surprised. She just kept looking at her, confused, her lips slightly parted. “Really?” she breathed out that. “You have a girlfriend!” she said than, completely shocking Taeyeon.

“I do not,” she said, frowning.

“Yes! I saw you two during the New Year’s Eve! She’s short and cute and-“

“She’s just a friend!” Taeyeon said quickly, waving her hands. “Nothing had ever happened between us and in fact, she has a crush on Sooyoung!”

“Sooyoung? Choi Sooyoung? Our Sooyoung?” Tiffany asked, surprised.

“Yes. Apparently they met in a train and spent a splendid weekend together in Daegu, before Sooyoung had to return back to Seoul!”

“Really?” Tiffany breathed out.

“Really.”

“So… you are single and you really like me? You fell for me?” she asked then softly.

Taeyeon nodded. “Yes. And… Please don’t yell at me after I tell you this…” she took a deep breath. “It kind of happened when I was trying to seduce you so Sunmi would get her revenge for you supposedly sleeping with her boyfriend Donghae,” she blurted out quickly.

“Wait, what? I don’t understand,” Tiffany said. “Please explain.”          

Taeyeon gulped and took a deep breath. “I know it’s unforgivable, but Sunmi wanted me to seduce you, film it and spread it around, making you look like a lesbian and humiliating you.”

Tiffany forced a laugh. “No, that’s not possible. Who would ever come up with such a crazy, insane, impossible, ed up and crazy, crazy plan?” she asked, not wanting to believe it, but her voice was shaking a bit. Taeyeon’s face was damn serious and that was freaking her out.

“Sunmi would,” Taeyeon sighed. “Hey, it’s not like I wanted to do it, she forced me,” Taeyeon added quickly. “I am not that evil. But I know, I realize that agreeing with it and actually pursuing the plan doesn’t make me look any better than her and that I-”

“Stop,” Tiffany said quietly, making Taeyeon shut up immediately. Taeyeon waited for her to slap her or yell at her or something, but Tiffany was just looking on the floor, not saying anything.

“Tiffa-“        

“I said stop,” Tiffany cut her off again. After a few seconds she looked up right into Taeyeon’s eyes. Her own eyes were watering a bit. “You are lying,” she said, her voice slightly cracking.

Taeyeon shook her head.    

Tiffany let out a sigh and rubbed her forehead, laughing almost hysterically. “I can’t believe I actually trusted you,” she said.

“I will never tell anybody about what happened after the party! Well, I told my cousin, but she doesn’t know anybody in this freaking city and she wouldn’t tell,” Taeyeon quickly added.

Tiffany was looking at her in disbelieve. “I can’t believe you, Taeyeon, I really can’t,” she whispered. “Let me get this straight, so you basically selfishly used me, not knowing me at all, so you would be Sunmi’s friend? You lied and pretended to be my friend just to betray me like this afterwards?”

“No!” Taeyeon said quickly. “I mean… yes, at the very beginning but everything that happened after we succeeded in our project felt real!”

Tiffany just scoffed. “Yeah, sure. You were ing right. I so don’t believe you this. That’s just a crap. Stop making things up, Taeyeon.”

“You have no idea how much I have sacrificed just now!” Taeyeon raised her voice accidentally.

Suddenly one of the freshmen entered the bathroom. “Leave!” Taeyeon immediately barked at her. The poor, maybe fifteen year old girl, gasped, surprised by Taeyeon’s reaction, but she remained standing.

“Just go, use the bathroom downstairs, go!” she barked again and it seemed to break the girl’s trance, she immediately turned around and ran away.

Then Taeyeon turned back to Tiffany, who was now leaning her back against the wall, her eyes closed.

“T-Tiffany?” Taeyeon hesitated, her voice shaking.

Tiffany let out a long sigh before opening her eyes. They were glistening as she was tearing up. Taeyeon’s eyes looked pretty much the same. She felt terrible for doing something like this, she really hated herself at that moment.

“I don’t know you and I don’t wanna know you. Just leave me alone,” Tiffany answered surprisingly calmly, but it was more that obvious that she was very upset. “Leave me alone,” she whispered one more time before leaving the bathroom, leaving Taeyeon alone.

Taeyeon stood there for a few more seconds before turning around and looking into mirror again. She slightly shook her head as she simply despised the person she was looking at.

“I should just kill myself…” she mumbled and then she laughed, feeling really desperate. “Unless Sunmi manages to kill me first…”

 

 

Sunmi and Taeyeon were supposed to meet at the same bathroom just two hours later. Taeyeon was shaking as crazy the entire time before the meeting. She felt like she would throw up in a second. Her fingers were trembling, her legs felt like a jelly, her stomach was uneasy and her already light complexion turned visibly paler.

“Will you be okay?” Yuri asked, worried, as she noticed Taeyeon’s nervousness.

“Yes,” Taeyeon nodded unconvincingly.

“What is going to happen anyways? I mean… what is the bet about?”

Taeyeon shrugged. “I can be possibly tortured to death,” trying to sound like she was joking, but being actually damn serious.

Yuri missed the seriousness and laughed. “Yeah sure,” she just said.

Taeyeon laughed as well. “I gotta go,” she said. “Don’t wanna be late,” she said then.

Yuri nodded. “Good luck, kiddo.”

“Thank you.”

 

 

Taeyeon quickly rushed upstairs only find out the three girls were already in the bathroom, waiting, their arms crossed, all having the same arrogant expression. Of course, Sunmi obviously very enjoying the moment. And Yenny as well.

“Hello there,” she smirked.

Taeyeon just gulped.           

“Are you mute?!” Yubin barked.

Taeyeon took a deep breath using her nose before answering. She was afraid she would throw up if she opened . “Hi,” she mumbled.

“So, so… my dear…” Sunmi started slowly. “I’m sorry to tell you you failed your mission… Unless you have video you would like to show me right now.”

Taeyeon slowly shook her head. “I have not.”

Sunmi sighed. “Seeing you got close to her, I thought you could possibly actually manage. But now I can see how naïve I was. You could never seduce the queen Tiffany. What was I thinking… you are just…” she didn’t finish, she just looked at Taeyeon from head to toe, disgusted expression.

Taeyeon just sighed and closed her eyes for a second.

“What are we going to do with her?” Yenny asked.

Sunmi looked at her. “We? Should I remind you who’s the boss here?” she spat and Taeyeon felt at least some satisfaction. That’s for betraying me and joining the dark side, Yenny!

“Sorry,” Yenny uttered, looking humiliated.

“You are going to be my personal slave,” Sunmi smiled sweetly, but the smiled was creeping the hell out of Taeyeon.

“P-personal…?” she stuttered.

“Slave, yes,” Sunmi nodded, still with that smile. She scratched her head, obviously thinking. Then she took her bag of her back and took out an exercise book. “We got a really long homework in Math today… do it for me, you have time by Monday,” she said, handing the exercise book to Taeyeon. “It better be correct, otherwise… you can say goodbye to a university.”

Taeyeon opened the exercise book and let out a quiet gasp. Sunmi was taking extra classes and Taeyeon had no idea how to solve those weird equations.

“Oh, and you have your lesson just now, don’t you?” Sunmi smiled.

Taeyeon slowly nodded.

“I still have two left, so don’t leave yet, I will need somebody to carry my bag home and to get me a cup of coffee right before the last lesson ends,” she said.

“You must be ing kidding me,” Taeyeon whispered and Sunmi heard.

“I am ing not. You lost. You are my cute little gay slave now,” she smiled as she headed towards the door, followed by her two servants- I mean best friends. “And don’t forget about the coffee! No sugar, I need to maintain my figure! The lesson ends at 3PM, be there or… you know,” she grinned evilly before finally leaving Taeyeon alone.

Taeyeon leaned against the wall, her eyes closed as she tried hard not to cry out of self-pity.

She wondered for how long she will be able to handle this kind of treatment, until she explodes and does something really stupid. Like possibly killing Sunmi. Or maybe just kicking her head a few times. No, that’s too brutal, not to mention she would go to jail for that. Jail didn’t sound that bad compared to being Sunmi’s slave though.

“I’m gonna pull out her ing hair one day and it’s gonna be a really beautiful day...” Taeyeon mumbled as she wiped her tears before actual tears of anger could appear. “I hate you to death, Sunmi,” she said as she slowly left the bathroom as well.

 

 

Taeyeon spent the rest of the day being treated like a dirty dog. As expected, Sunmi kept ordering her around, calling her names and occasionally threatening her. By the end of the day, she was totally exhausted and she still had that stupid homework to do. At least she got a weekend for that. She sighed, as she slowly walked home from Sunmi’s house which luckily happened to be not that far from her own.  Her injured foot started to hurt once again after walking for such a long again. She had to carry Sunmi’s heavy bag the entire time and none of the three girls spoke to her the entire walk. Of course Yenny and Yubin went over to Sunmi’s house and they kept taking about freaking purses the entire time. Seriously, purses. And shoes. Luckily Taeyeon didn’t have to carry their bags even though they tried to ask Sunmi about it. Taeyeon was happy to hear Sunmi say that she served only to her and nobody else. She could see how pissed Yenny and Yubin were and it felt good. But she was still more than happy to walk home at the end of the day. It was a long long day.

 

 

However as long as Taeyeon’s day was, Yuri’s and Jessica’s was way longer.

“Google faster, I need to pee,” Yuri said, jumping up and down as she really needed to go to the bathroom.

“I am trying,” Jessica answered back, annoyed, as she tried to look up the correct answers online using her phone. “It’s not that easy, he really made an effort making up these questions.”

“You know what? I actually have keys of every single room in this class. I once stole it.”

“You do? Then use it.”

“Yeah, in my locker,” Yuri groaned. “Cmon gurl, it can’t be that hard to solve those problems, Taeyeon and Tiffany got As, for crying out loud! And you are the smart Jung!” Yuri exclaimed, walking around the class. “I can’t believe he locked us up! And I can’t believe my mom doesn’t even care!” she whined then as she went to the door and tried to open it, but it wouldn’t.

The teacher apparently called their parents, made sure it was okay with them, and then locked Yuri and Jessica in one of the classrooms until they would solve correctly at least eighteen out of the twenty problems. He left a speaker there, so they could let him know if anything happened.

“Mr. Park?” Jessica pressed the red button of it and started speaking.

“Yes, Jessica? Are you done? You’ve been inside for quite a long time already, I’ m almost done with all of my paperwork,” he said.

“Yuri needs to pee, we need you to open the door, please?” Jessica said the reason.

“Can’t she hold it?” he asked.

“No, I can’t, I can almost feel it running down my thigh already!” Yuri yelled. “This is against my rights!”

There was a silence for a second or two, before the door clicked as the teacher used a wireless door opened. “Imagine there was a black out,” Yuri told Jessica, looking all terrified. “We would be trapped here and my pants would be ing wet! ... Oh god, I’ll be right back.” With that she stormed out of the classroom.

Jessica just shook her head with a sigh and quiet chuckle as she kept on googling.

After two hours they had over half of it done. Or more like she did, Yuri kept just complaining, not really helping as she was… not as smart as Jessica to put it nicely. But at least she occasionally cracked a joke or two, making Jessica giggle. Yuri was really good at being funny, whether it was intentional or not. Sometimes Yuri’s dumbness was funny itself. Not that Yuri was actually stupid. She just had a bad luck when it comes to thinking.

Yuri returned just a few minutes later, as soon as she closed the door, it immediately clicked locked again. “Gosh, seriously... Friday used to be my second favorite F word… Not anymore,” she complained.

Jessica looked up from the phone. “What’s the first one? Oh! Wait! Don’t answer, I think I got it,” she said quickly and Yuri grinned. “Would you mind helping me?” Jessica asked then.

Yuri shrugged. “I don’t understand those words at all. I don’t have time to study at home… and when I do, I don’t.”

“Come on, maybe you will achieve some kind of enlightenment or something,” Jessica gestured Yuri to join her at the table.

“Okay, but I gotta warn you, my thoughts are like Mr. Park’s underwear.”

“Huh?” Jessica raised her eyebrows, looking at Yuri, who sat on the seat next to her.

“Always dirty,” Yuri stuck out her tongue and Jessica rolled her eyes.

“You need to stop with these lame jokes, it’s just so damn lame. Focus on the physics please. I think the closed room is not giving your brain enough oxygen, you are blabbering too much,” she said, but deep inside she was glad Yuri was like this. It was making her mood a bit better. Which was a really weird thing for Jessica Jung, the cold, sleepy, arrogant princess. She herself was quite surprised about this.

“We’re almost done,” Yuri announced as she looked at Jessica’s progress.

“We are far from done. We need to solve at least two more problems and they are damn difficult, I can’t figure this one out,” Jessica pouted, pointing at the paper.

Yuri just frowned, shaking her head. “Don’t pout, it doesn’t suit you at all.”

Jessica immediately stopped doing so and looked at Yuri. “Stop looking at me,” she said as she realized Yuri was like literally staring at her.

“Why?”

“I hate it.”

“Do you hate it? Or do you hate me?” Yuri smirked playfully.

“It,” Jessica answered within a second making Yuri smile victoriously.

“Yes!” she cheered.

Jessica looked at her, obviously surprised. “What is wrong with you?”

Yuri shrugged. “I don’t know. I just like making girls fall for me, it’s fun. Making you fall in love with me is like my biggest success ever. I must be really hot. Kwon Yuri, the hot heartbreaker!”

Jessica’s face darkened. “I did not fall for you.”

“Yet,” Yuri smiled innocently.

“Yeah, sure, you wish,” Jessica mumbled, focusing back on the physics.

“Maybe I do,” Yuri said, half joking, half serious.

“What did you just say?” Jessica looked up again and found Yuri’s eyes still staring at her, but this time from somehow closer distance. She had to admit Yuri indeed was hot. Dark complexion, big brown eyes, perfectly sharp nose, breathtaking smile, cute chubby cheeks and long shiny straight dark brown hair. She was pretty much flawless. Jessica never really noticed before. Probably because she used to consider herself straight. And because she slept through every class, so she barely knew who her classmates were. Except for the girl sitting next to her, Tiffany.

“I said that maybe I do,” Yuri repeated really quietly. She was indeed very close, Jessica could feel her breath on her face.

“Well, you can try,” she shrugged.

“Mhm, is that supposed to be a challenge?” Yuri asked, raising her eyebrows.

Jessica smiled slyly. “You can consider it to be one.”

“It’s on then.”

“Okay.” After that Jessica broke their eye contact and looked back at the paper. She tried hard not to blush, she could feel Yuri was still looking at her.

“Interesting,” Yuri mumbled.

“Mhm?” Jessica mumbled, not looking up again.

“I used to think you are annoying… Well, you still are, but you are actually quite beautiful.”

Jessica couldn’t stop herself from blushing anymore, she felt her cheeks turning pink.

“And cute,” Yuri added. “But yeah… still annoying and bratty.”

Jessica frowned. “That wasn’t nice. Are you going to seduce me like that?”

“Sorry, I just don’t like to lie. I can be honest with you, can’t I?” Yuri smiled.

Jessica sighed. “Yeah, sure, I guess so…” she underlined the answer for the problem she had just solved before she started to work on the one with number eighteen.

“Cool,” Yuri smiled and looked at the paper. She frowned. “But two to the sixth is sixty-four not thirty-two,” she pointed out.

Jessica looked at it, frowning, her lips slightly parted. “I can’t believe I did such a stupid mistake,” she said then, quickly correcting the answer. Then she looked at Yuri, surprised. “Wow, you actually know how to count something like this.”

Yuri looked at her, acting offended. “I am not as dumb as you think I am. It’s just… an image. You know…” She flipped her hair. “People might get intimidated if they knew I am both, hot and smart,” she stuck out her tongue and winked.

Jessica just chuckled at the sight. “Yes, of course you are. The smart hottie Kwon Yuri.”

“Thank you very much,” Yuri said. “This is wrong too by the way,” she said after a few seconds, pointing at another problem, coincidentally (or not) brushing her forearm against Jessica’s.

Jessica didn’t pull away, so they arms kept touching, as she looked at the thing Yuri was talking about. Then she growled, acknowledging her mistake, as she corrected it. Then she looked at Yuri. “I am getting stupid just by being in your presence and you are getting smart just by being in mine!” she complained, almost whining.

Yuri smiled. “I think you need a break. You solved nineteen out of the twenty problems so far, two mistakes are acceptable,” she consoled the poor girl and rubbed her arm as their hands were still next to each other.

“Great…” Jessica mumbled. “Seriously, how did I mess up forty-two divided by six?”

Yuri just put her left hand around Jessica’s shoulders. “That’s okay, really,” she smiled charmingly. Jessica looked at her and their kept the eye contact for a few seconds.

Then Jessica just sighed and looked down. Suddenly she felt cold fingers on her chin, making her look back at Yuri. “Don’t be sad. It doesn’t suit you. You are Jessica Jung, the annoying, arrogant, strong and genial pain in the , so don’t be a ing crybaby.”

“That’s true,” Jessica nodded, Yuri’s fingers still holding her chin. She tilted her head to the site, examining Yuri’s face. “You are actually a kind person… in your own weird way,” she said, her dry lips and leaning towards the other girl.

Yuri slightly moved backwards.

Jessica froze before cleaning and breaking the eye contact they had had.

“Thought you wanted to seduce me,” she said then awkwardly.

Yuri’s hand slid down from Jessica’s chin to her neck and collar bone before ending up on her shoulder. At that moment, both of Yuri’s hands were on Jessica’s shoulder and the two girls were directly facing each other. “No, don’t be offended, it’s just… Can I tell you something really personal?”

Jessica was obviously quite interested, especially since Yuri emphasized the word really. “Yeah, I guess so. Go on.”

“You know I like to fool around with girls, right?”

“Uh, yeah.”

“Well…. I never kiss them on the lips.”

“That’s weird.”

“I know,” Yuri frowned. “But it’s really important to me. If I kiss girl on the lips I do it only when I have feelings for her, okay?”

“You kissed me on the lips,” Jessica reminded and Yuri sighed.

“I was drunk. And… I mean… how could I have possibly feelings for you, I had no idea who you were, it was pitch dark there,” she reasoned quickly.

“That’s true. Okay. So?”

“So… I will have to make fall for me without kissing you on your cute little lips,” Yuri shrugged. “Lips on the lips… that’s sacred, okay? But I have an ace or two up sleeve,” she said, letting go of Jessica’s shoulder and using her right index finger to trace the girl’s jaw. Jessica gulped. “The proposition you came with a few weeks ago… you know very well which one I mean… well… I thought it through, I considered all the pros and cons,” Yuri whispered. “And I concluded… that sleeping with the enemy is hot.” This it was her who leaned in and gently kissed Jessica’s cheek.

Jessica raised her eyebrows. “Okay. I am happy that you decided to do it,” she smirked. “By the way your vocabulary got better, you have been expressing yourself more clearly and you have been using a wider range of words lately.”

“Oh damn, I am losing my image, wait, I will come up with a joke-“ Yuri immediately shut up as Jessica covered with her palm.

“I like this Yuri more than the stupid one,” she grinned and still having the palm covering Yuri’s mouth, she kissed her cheek. Then she let go.

“Are we really playing this game?” Yuri asked, smirking.

“I guess we are.”

“Okay then.”

And… The next kiss Jessica received on her jaw was not as innocent as the previous ones…

 

 


 

A/N: Hello! Back with an update! I know this is more YulSic than TaeNy and well... there won't be any TaeNy happening for a while, but be patient, be patient.

I'm having my university entrance exam next week, wish me luck :) I should be studying, but yeah... nope. :D I will have a busy life for the upcoming 5 months as I just finished high school, but I will still try to write a lot :)

Anyways, as always, thanks for reading & commenting & subscribing & upvoting & all. I love you! :)

A little teaser for you, kind of obvious who this is about.

 

“You are scared of what?!”

“Please don’t laugh. It’s not funny. They are really really scary.”

 

I'll be back probably in a two weeks again :) Maybe sooner. So bye till then :) Love you~

HAPPY B-DAY TO JESSIE!